• This topic is locked This topic is locked
475 replies to this topic
johnthedev
  • johnthedev

Bad Ass MoFo

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

This looks better than crappy 128 version.

• NightHawk107 and GamingDamned like this

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hey, does the timecyc makes every red turn into pink? like the tail light and the blood?

renrie
  • renrie

Hit and Run

• New Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hey, is this mod still alive (couldn't find Beta 4 update)?

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hey, is this mod still alive (couldn't find Beta 4 update)?

The beta 4 is still on progress, beta 3 is the latest version of the mod.

Quackity
  • Quackity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is this mod still being worked on? Or was it dropped just like GTA SA Rage?:

Tmaster
  • Tmaster

VCR Lead Programmer

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Tmaster, 2 weeks ago.

Quackity, all news, update here: http://vk.com/episodes_from_vice_city (rus) or https://twitter.com/vicecityrage

TheD.
  • TheD.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago

23l0mg.jpg

Okay, so I've been avoiding registration here for months, mostly because if I register on a forum, I feel obligated to stay active and be something more than just a taken nickname, but seriously, I'm sick and tired of seeing MY work stolen by other "modders". I mean damn, I anonymously browse modding subforum and check out some projects (hey there, VCS PC Edition team :p I'm talking about you) once a week or so, just to see what's going on, because I can't fully retire from modding, though, and guess what? I see you've stolen stuff from Vice Cry. Again.

What the hell? Kov already talked about this on page 7 - let me remind what you've responded:

I did not add anything from other mods, ask other team members

Few users defended us (Vice Cry team) - by the way, thanks for that guys, haven't got a chance to express my gratitude since now. So, you kindly added us to credit list (not even precising what concent you've sto...Used, but nevermind) - and okay, it'd be fine, because we're nice guys, have no hard feelings. Modding should be fun, we all make modding society, we should share and help each other. Sure.

But then, as I said in the first sentence of this post, I've seen my work stolen again, by the same team, for the same mod. And now, please, anybody, tell me how should I feel about that?

One year ago you've "borrowed" stuff from Vice Cry 1.7, now from 1.8 - it's basically a whole new different mod and if I remember, no one's asked me or Kov for permission to use any of its features. Furthermore, you want to know what was one of the reasons we've decided to split gta3.img archive into few smaller ones? To protect our work from stealing! Except engine limits, of course.

We gave persmission to use things that your team already stole.

I didn't react after seeing NightHawk's comments and ideas - after all, he did not harm anyone and he could do whatever he wanted with his copy of GTA IV, as long as he haven't upload borrowed and ported content online. Actually, I was happy to see Vice Cry's content on RAGE engine, hoping that one day, we'll receive a question for permission to use it. I would be glad to preserve mod's... Legacy I guess and see it ported to newer generation engine. It'd be cool.

But then, you had to take it, just like that. No permissions, no credits, not even a single "thanks". I didn't work my ass off 24/7 for over two years to be fooled TWICE. While I could easily forgive and forget the first time, now the line was crossed and you pissed me off.

Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm just not in the mood to be polite or maybe I just don't give a sh*t to be a nice guy, who knows? I certainly don't care about it.

I hope you'll do something with this problem. I don't even want to hear about escape goat, like before. Team is team, you either work together or don't work at all. And don't get me wrong - I wish you all best in the future, but I don't want to see ever again my work used without my knowledge, acknowledgement and literal permission. I made it especially for Vice Cry, not any other mod.

So sorry, but I have to demand to delete content from Vice Cry 1.8, because our provisional agreement from page 7 concerns features from Vice Cry 1.7, nothing more. If not, I think I'll have to inform GTA Forums' moderation and aks them to intervene.

Sorry for writing an essay basically, but when I'm angry, I talk/write a lot. It's a way of blowing off some steam. Better than smashing stuff around, trust me on that.

• Jestic, Speccy, Usman55 and 5 others like this

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

23l0mg.jpg

Okay, so I've been avoiding registration here for months, mostly because if I register on a forum, I feel obligated to stay active and be something more than just a taken nickname, but seriously, I'm sick and tired of seeing MY work stolen by other "modders". I mean damn, I anonymously browse modding subforum and check out some projects (hey there, VCS PC Edition team :p I'm talking about you) once a week or so, just to see what's going on, because I can't fully retire from modding, though, and guess what? I see you've stolen stuff from Vice Cry. Again.

What the hell? Kov already talked about this on page 7 - let me remind what you've responded:

I did not add anything from other mods, ask other team members

Few users defended us (Vice Cry team) - by the way, thanks for that guys, haven't got a chance to express my gratitude since now. So, you kindly added us to credit list (not even precising what concent you've sto...Used, but nevermind) - and okay, it'd be fine, because we're nice guys, have no hard feelings. Modding should be fun, we all make modding society, we should share and help each other. Sure.

But then, as I said in the first sentence of this post, I've seen my work stolen again, by the same team, for the same mod. And now, please, anybody, tell me how should I feel about that?

One year ago you've "borrowed" stuff from Vice Cry 1.7, now from 1.8 - it's basically a whole new different mod and if I remember, no one's asked me or Kov for permission to use any of its features. Furthermore, you want to know what was one of the reasons we've decided to split gta3.img archive into few smaller ones? To protect our work from stealing! Except engine limits, of course.

We gave persmission to use things that your team already stole.

I didn't react after seeing NightHawk's comments and ideas - after all, he did not harm anyone and he could do whatever he wanted with his copy of GTA IV, as long as he haven't upload borrowed and ported content online. Actually, I was happy to see Vice Cry's content on RAGE engine, hoping that one day, we'll receive a question for permission to use it. I would be glad to preserve mod's... Legacy I guess and see it ported to newer generation engine. It'd be cool.

But then, you had to take it, just like that. No permissions, no credits, not even a single "thanks". I didn't work my ass off 24/7 for over two years to be fooled TWICE. While I could easily forgive and forget the first time, now the line was crossed and you pissed me off.

Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm just not in the mood to be polite or maybe I just don't give a sh*t to be a nice guy, who knows? I certainly don't care about it.

I hope you'll do something with this problem. I don't even want to hear about escape goat, like before. Team is team, you either work together or don't work at all. And don't get me wrong - I wish you all best in the future, but I don't want to see ever again my work used without my knowledge, acknowledgement and literal permission. I made it especially for Vice Cry, not any other mod.

So sorry, but I have to demand to delete content from Vice Cry 1.8, because our provisional agreement from page 7 concerns features from Vice Cry 1.7, nothing more. If not, I think I'll have to inform GTA Forums' moderation and aks them to intervene.

Sorry for writing an essay basically, but when I'm angry, I talk/write a lot. It's a way of blowing off some steam. Better than smashing stuff around, trust me on that.

So you're saying that vice rage beta 3 has vice cry textures? yeah some of it some beach textures and grass textures i found while i was roaming around and yeah rage team better put credits to the vice cry team.

TheD.
  • TheD.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

I'm not sure what exactly this mod uses, because I haven't played it, but Kov told me year ago about vegetation and that was the reason we've (or actually he has) intervened here.

Above, you can see this tiki bar - you can find it in North Beach, near Tommy's villa in Vice Cry 1.8, as a center part of a pool. I'd post a screenshot, but I don't have Vice City installed on my PC at the moment, so sorry.

I've noticed few minor changes here - first of all, these three not textured boxes, which appear to be shelves and changed texture of the inner "walls" - there are drawers in Vice Cry, if I remember.

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago Edited by NightHawk107, A week ago.

Hey guys, here's some toned down normal maps for the people who are annoyed like me. download: http://www.mediafire...o/tommy.rpf.rar

4S2EI.jpgsb9kj.jpg

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted A week ago

"Borrrowing" stuff again... why am I not surprised?

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago Edited by TJGM, A week ago.

Thread locked until we can figure out what to do. Stealing once is not allowed, but twice is just ridiculous, you'll be lucky if this thread even gets reopened.

EDIT: Unlocked so OP can clarify.
  • Jasewolf likes this

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Silent, A week ago.

Unlocked so the OP can explain it. Tmaster, care to clarify what's your point of view on this matter?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted A week ago

damn this is a great mod, i love it, and i don't love many mods

i feel the trees and small bars really help establish the feel of vice city

also this map is perfect for making navmeshes

• Jestic likes this

K0ol-G-R4P
  • K0ol-G-R4P

QB Representor

• Members

Posted A week ago

I am saddened by this unauthorized use of content revelation.

This is one the best IV map mods around thus I hope this issue can be cleared up.

• Usman55 likes this

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I'm curious, where did Tmaster get the weapon models?

Tmaster
  • Tmaster

VCR Lead Programmer

• Members

Posted A week ago

What do you mean?

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

What do you mean?

The weapons in beta 3 where did you get them?

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted A week ago

I'm still waiting for an answer. Do not ignore it, please.
  • Ss4gogeta0 and Jasewolf like this

xRyderx
  • xRyderx

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Hey guys how to fix no hud ?

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Hey guys how to fix no hud ?

Screenshots please?

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 days ago Edited by NightHawk107, 2 days ago.

Hi guys! great news, i've restored the minigun!

here's the download link: http://www.mediafire...ps2/Minigun.rar

Q&A

Q:Why use mp5 animations and not m249 animations?

A:Tommy won't aim when im using the m249 animations.

Q:Why replace the silenced sounds?

A:Because its obviously not used by any available weapons.

Q:How do i get the minigun?

A:You need the native trainer and then go to weapon scroll down to the episodic weapons and select episodic 2

Q:What mod did you use to get that angle on the second screenshot?

A:Selfie mod by Julio.

here's some screens.

yaPpU.jpg39vXH.jpg

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

GTA 3D Mod Ped Creator

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 days ago

Just asking, why not use Julio's Minigun script?

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 days ago

If i use his script, then were we will get the minigun?

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

GTA 3D Mod Ped Creator

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 days ago

If i use his script, then were we will get the minigun?
Try to use it. Maybe you can. If you can't, ask Julio and maybe he can help you.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Silent, 2 days ago.

OK, the OP has logged in since my last post and still ignored it. That's a close, I'm not going to wait any longer.

OP, PM me as soon as possible.
  • darthvader20011, TJGM, GamingDamned and 1 other like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users