[IV|WIP|BETA3] Vice City Rage

399 replies to this topic
johnthedev
  • johnthedev

Bad Ass MoFo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

I believe he is also on my facebook aswell... 

It was a joke still funny.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

I believe he is also on my facebook aswell... 

It was a joke still funny.

I've got funnier jokes.

"An Irishman walks out of a bar"

• MajesticNL and Ss4gogeta0 like this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 5 days ago

That's a great start, I remember talking to you about it in a topic. Do you have any plans to make the swimming pool area? 

I made this back in december, wall textures, sun blinds and elictrical box aren't mine. Textures are all hand painted in Photoshop, which I wouldn't do in a gta modding project, as I have don't have to work under any constraints. It's also a tad bit low poly (10k tris)

http://snag.gy/61QJh.jpg

http://snag.gy/dUEJi.jpg

Yes, I do want to include the swimming pool area, but didn't even finish the main building. I also want the main building to have an almost complete interior.

It's pretty hard to achieve that because some areas only have a few reference photos or none, but I'm gonna use my imagination for those areas.

Your building looks pretty nice, but the bottom part could be more detailed. Is it made on scale or you just eyeballed it?

PS: Like I said, don't forget to contact me when you are ready to do this thing. I really want to see this mod happening.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Hey, if your making a modern day VC... feel free to use these stations, they were specifically made for VC ;)

Bass Drive was voiced by me (Bad german was on purpose... its making fun of the Euro Techno DJ's from the late 90s and mid 00's)

Xtreme Radio was voiced by my god brother...

All music is non copyrighted so it can be included in the mod without worrying about copyright issues, aswell as the fact that the music is really f*cking good :p

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

All music is non copyrighted so it can be included in the mod without worrying about copyright issues

I know I've mentioned this before, but I've seen mods here that have legit music and they don't get in trouble

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 5 days ago

All music is non copyrighted so it can be included in the mod without worrying about copyright issues

I know I've mentioned this before, but I've seen mods here that have legit music and they don't get in trouble

Because the major copyright holders do not care a lot about minor things such as modifications.

• universetwisters likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Because the major copyright holders do not care a lot about minor things such as modifications.

actually they do... there were a number of mods on different games that had to remove audio because of Copyright Breaches... just because you have not seen them, does not mean they do not exist... ive been in numerous mod communities and game development groups so yea...

just google it...

plus GTAForums wont allow mods with licensed music put in for the most part (there are a few that got away with it but yea..)

and there are some really great Indie songs that artists will let you use for free, especially on Newgrounds..

Redreaper666
  • Redreaper666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Redreaper666, 5 days ago.

This might have been asked before but isit maybe possible to create a custom savegame folder direction for the mod ?

Im not exactly sure but wouldnt that be easy to do , instead of having the players to always backup and replace the savegamefiles of GTA IV in general ?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

actually they do... there were a number of mods on different games that had to remove audio because of Copyright Breaches... just because you have not seen them, does not mean they do not exist... ive been in numerous mod communities and game development groups so yea...

just google it...

plus GTAForums wont allow mods with licensed music put in for the most part (there are a few that got away with it but yea..)

and there are some really great Indie songs that artists will let you use for free, especially on Newgrounds..

I just got done googling it and nothing comes up on mods removed because of copyright unless it's a specific rule on the site it's hosted. If anything, the general rule I've seen is that so long as you aren't making a profit off of the mod and credit the artist, writer, etc. then it's fine. I haven't seen any mods here with licensed music taken down. If anything, they remain up (like III HD edition, Back to the future mod, etc). nor have I seen any rules here specifically stating that legit music isn't allowed.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Is pepsi okay?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by theNGclan, 4 days ago.

This might have been asked before but isit maybe possible to create a custom savegame folder direction for the mod ?
Im not exactly sure but wouldnt that be easy to do , instead of having the players to always backup and replace the savegamefiles of GTA IV in general ?

You can just use Xliveless so your saves are in your documents. or with hex editing.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users