[IV|WIP|BETA3] Vice City Rage

411 replies to this topic
johnthedev
  • johnthedev

Bad Ass MoFo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

I believe he is also on my facebook aswell... 

It was a joke still funny.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

I believe he is also on my facebook aswell... 

It was a joke still funny.

I've got funnier jokes.

"An Irishman walks out of a bar"

• Jestic and Ss4gogeta0 like this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

That's a great start, I remember talking to you about it in a topic. Do you have any plans to make the swimming pool area? 

I made this back in december, wall textures, sun blinds and elictrical box aren't mine. Textures are all hand painted in Photoshop, which I wouldn't do in a gta modding project, as I have don't have to work under any constraints. It's also a tad bit low poly (10k tris)

http://snag.gy/61QJh.jpg

http://snag.gy/dUEJi.jpg

Yes, I do want to include the swimming pool area, but didn't even finish the main building. I also want the main building to have an almost complete interior.

It's pretty hard to achieve that because some areas only have a few reference photos or none, but I'm gonna use my imagination for those areas.

Your building looks pretty nice, but the bottom part could be more detailed. Is it made on scale or you just eyeballed it?

PS: Like I said, don't forget to contact me when you are ready to do this thing. I really want to see this mod happening.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:01 AM

Hey, if your making a modern day VC... feel free to use these stations, they were specifically made for VC ;)

Bass Drive was voiced by me (Bad german was on purpose... its making fun of the Euro Techno DJ's from the late 90s and mid 00's)

Xtreme Radio was voiced by my god brother...

All music is non copyrighted so it can be included in the mod without worrying about copyright issues, aswell as the fact that the music is really f*cking good :p

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

All music is non copyrighted so it can be included in the mod without worrying about copyright issues

I know I've mentioned this before, but I've seen mods here that have legit music and they don't get in trouble

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

All music is non copyrighted so it can be included in the mod without worrying about copyright issues

I know I've mentioned this before, but I've seen mods here that have legit music and they don't get in trouble

Because the major copyright holders do not care a lot about minor things such as modifications.

• universetwisters likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

Because the major copyright holders do not care a lot about minor things such as modifications.

actually they do... there were a number of mods on different games that had to remove audio because of Copyright Breaches... just because you have not seen them, does not mean they do not exist... ive been in numerous mod communities and game development groups so yea...

just google it...

plus GTAForums wont allow mods with licensed music put in for the most part (there are a few that got away with it but yea..)

and there are some really great Indie songs that artists will let you use for free, especially on Newgrounds..

Redreaper666
  • Redreaper666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:20 AM Edited by Redreaper666, 22 August 2014 - 10:20 AM.

This might have been asked before but isit maybe possible to create a custom savegame folder direction for the mod ?

Im not exactly sure but wouldnt that be easy to do , instead of having the players to always backup and replace the savegamefiles of GTA IV in general ?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

actually they do... there were a number of mods on different games that had to remove audio because of Copyright Breaches... just because you have not seen them, does not mean they do not exist... ive been in numerous mod communities and game development groups so yea...

just google it...

plus GTAForums wont allow mods with licensed music put in for the most part (there are a few that got away with it but yea..)

and there are some really great Indie songs that artists will let you use for free, especially on Newgrounds..

I just got done googling it and nothing comes up on mods removed because of copyright unless it's a specific rule on the site it's hosted. If anything, the general rule I've seen is that so long as you aren't making a profit off of the mod and credit the artist, writer, etc. then it's fine. I haven't seen any mods here with licensed music taken down. If anything, they remain up (like III HD edition, Back to the future mod, etc). nor have I seen any rules here specifically stating that legit music isn't allowed.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by theNGclan, 22 August 2014 - 06:59 PM.

This might have been asked before but isit maybe possible to create a custom savegame folder direction for the mod ?
Im not exactly sure but wouldnt that be easy to do , instead of having the players to always backup and replace the savegamefiles of GTA IV in general ?

You can just use Xliveless so your saves are in your documents. or with hex editing.

Tmaster
  • Tmaster

VCR Lead Programmer

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hey, if your making a modern day VC... feel free to use these stations, they were specifically made for VC ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pmx9bYWzCQ

Bass Drive was voiced by me (Bad german was on purpose... its making fun of the Euro Techno DJ's from the late 90s and mid 00's)

Xtreme Radio was voiced by my god brother...

All music is non copyrighted so it can be included in the mod without worrying about copyright issues, aswell as the fact that the music is really f*cking good :p

thanks dude :)

• Ss4gogeta0 and Xanthi like this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's nice, but why not use CitizenMP:IV? It's far more reliable, as you don't have to fear GFWL will be taken down (If that is still happening?) And you can make races, or any other gamemode in LUA scripting.

• Frank.s, theNGclan, Mega and 1 other like this

deanogamer
  • deanogamer

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

What the f*ck is this MEGA.CO.NZ sh*t???.......Why cant this mod be uploaded to somewhere safe like MODDB?? Why does it expect me to install a browser add-on in order to download it??  NO THANKS, I dont like spyware and virus's

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 2 weeks ago.

What the f*ck is this MEGA.CO.NZ sh*t???.......Why cant this mod be uploaded to somewhere safe like MODDB?? Why does it expect me to install a browser add-on in order to download it??  NO THANKS, I dont like spyware and virus's

MEGA.CO.NZ = Megaupload... The guy who made Megaupload made a new file hosting site that is fairly safe actually, since Megaupload was shutdown by the FBI because of the amount of Copyrighted content on it...

the reason why it has .NZ is because that is where the guy lives, New Zealand...

as I said, its fairly safe...

More info
http://www.cnn.com/2...com-megaupload/

Kim Dotcom is a rather interesting man...

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Is this mod dead or is anyone working at it?

Lots of mods: Liberty City, San Andreas... but none of them seems finished.

DrGta
  • DrGta

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by DrGta, 14 hours ago.

4 things i would love to see in this mod that are not ever happening in gta v or gta iv or san andreas for the most part

the car thiefs that spawn only at night in certain areas that will 

take your car and run. i used to love waiting for car jackings

the roller skating girl if someone can animate the ped it would be awesome~

also the dingy plane since we can fly planes in rage it would be very awesome to have it updates poly and new interior and textures like the rest of the new hd cars!

updates water.dat with the beautiful colors of real florida's /vice cites water to go with your nice time cycle you made for the game.. don't leave out this little detail!.

the lowrider the voodoo working as a low rider in game!

being able to run and jump backwards onto the pcj 600 if you run at it directly at 6 o clock

and peds that spawn on the beach lots of them there never was peds on the beach in gta vc..

and one last thing ability to use the pay'n prays!

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

But is the mod even still alive? Is anyone working at it?

To me, it seems like the RAGE-team have made lots of trailers; for GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas... but the mods never gets finished. They start with one project without finishing the other.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

updates water.dat with the beautiful colors of real florida's /vice cites water to go with your nice time cycle you made for the game.. don't leave out this little detail!.

I hate to sh*t on your parade but the water in Florida is no different than water anywhere else. Believe me, I've lived here for 9 years and I went to the beach a lot.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 6 days ago Edited by GTARandom, 6 days ago.

There is a difference in how clean, dense and salty the water is though

Croatia for example has some of the cleanest and safest waters in the entire world! 

• johnthedev likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

There is a difference in how clean, dense and salty the water is though

Croatia for example has some of the cleanest and safest waters in the entire world! 

The water here is pretty murky and stuff. I dunno if "murky" is the right word to describe it, but it's far from the water you see in Vice City where you can plainly see what's under it. Like this picture for instance, you can probably see like a foot or so down before it turns into "murk".

NGOzo.jpg

• DrGta likes this

DrGta
  • DrGta

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by DrGta, 4 days ago.

also I'm having trouble spawning peds in the trainer and it never lets me become a different ped other than tommy. every time i click a different ped using the trainer it locks up and freezes the game.

I'm only spawning as the peds that vc peds are using also. so I'm not sure why it locks up and crashes game.

prabhatec
  • prabhatec

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

Any updates?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users