[IV|WIP|BETA3] Vice City Rage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
475 replies to this topic
theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, cen u gibe me de peprment pls?

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:56 PM Edited by theNGclan, 30 April 2014 - 12:56 PM.

Hey guys! I have a "little" problem. First of all, I have cracked by Razor1911 GTA IV, 1.0.7.0 version. I've extracted everything properly and when I start LaunchGTAIV.exe as administrator it just plays the Razor theme song and than nothing happens... I've searched desperately for some answers everywhere, but I found nothing. Can you guys please help me, cuz I want to play this sooo muuuchhh. Thank you!

Cracks aren't allowed in this site. Sorry mate.
  • Ss4gogeta0 likes this

SLOVANAC
  • SLOVANAC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hey guys! I have a "little" problem. First of all, I have cracked by Razor1911 GTA IV, 1.0.7.0 version. I've extracted everything properly and when I start LaunchGTAIV.exe as administrator it just plays the Razor theme song and than nothing happens... I've searched desperately for some answers everywhere, but I found nothing. Can you guys please help me, cuz I want to play this sooo muuuchhh. Thank you!

Please help me.... I reeeaaalyy wanna play this... It's such a nostalgic game :D

Xanthi
  • Xanthi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Please help me.... I reeeaaalyy wanna play this... It's such a nostalgic game :D

Just one easy step: Buy original game! :) Easy? :)

SLOVANAC
  • SLOVANAC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Just one easy step: Buy original game! :) Easy? :)

Ok... So I went to store today and bought the game (and spent the only 25€ I have) but still nothing...

SLOVANAC
  • SLOVANAC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Anybody???? Help???

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Anybody???? Help???

Try installing the latest Games for Windows LIVE client.

You can find it here:

http://www.xbox.com/.../downloadclient

• pajkosinjo likes this

SLOVANAC
  • SLOVANAC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

Anybody???? Help???

Try installing the latest Games for Windows LIVE client.

You can find it here:

http://www.xbox.com/.../downloadclient

Nope.... still nothing

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:36 AM Edited by MajesticNL, 05 May 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Well thats nice, people telling him to buy the game, (implying it would fix the problem), poor guy spends his money buying it and it still doesn't work.

These problems always have little to do with legitimate\cracked copies of the game. Usually it's a script thats causing the problem, or something that is missing causing the script not to work.

Slovanac, try using xlive.dll if you haven't already. If you do have it, try without this dll.

Try dsound.dll (without xlive.dll!)

Make sure you have scripthook.dll

Move all *.asi files to somewhere else and check if the game works

(try each of these steps seperately, then try them together)

• hc41 likes this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Well thats nice, people telling him to buy the game, (implying it would fix the problem), poor guy spends his money buying it and it still doesn't work.

These problems always have little to do with legitimate\cracked copies of the game. Usually it's a script thats causing the problem, or something that is missing causing the script not to work.

Slovanac, try using xlive.dll if you haven't already. If you do have it, try without this dll.

In my experience, it was either GFWL or dsound.dll causing this problem. I think it's because there are different versions of dsound for 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.7.0 patches. He needs to get the proper version.

On topic, are there any updates on this mod? I understand you modders get bored at some point, that's why there are so few mods that are finished. I can't blame you, it happens to me too while working at something.

I started working on a HD version of the Ocean View hotel and then I got bored so I started working on a modern version of the Ocean View (basically a copy of the Clevelander Hotel). I finished neither. :facedesk:

It's pretty hard to remain motivated when working by yourself.

Here are a few pictures for those interested:

lAKDTTZ.jpg

uzrZC5s.jpg

HogryqA.jpg

IBW56Ar.jpg

• Jestic, Usman55, Kalvin and 2 others like this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:02 PM Edited by MajesticNL, 05 May 2014 - 06:02 PM.

Impressive models dude. Got any wireframes? (preferebly shaded + wireframe).

I'm eagder to see your aproach texturing.

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by Usman55, 05 May 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Is the 2nd building in the second screenshot a LOD?

Nice work!

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

Nice work!

I believe it's the original Ocean View model from Vice City.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

Nice work!

Thanks. Kalvin answered your question.

Nice work!

I believe it's the original Ocean View model from Vice City.

Yes, you are right.

Impressive models dude. Got any wireframes? (preferebly shaded + wireframe).

I'm eagder to see your aproach texturing.

Thanks! Like I said, the models aren't finished so they aren't properly optimized yet. The remake has around 5000 triangles and the copy of the Clevelander has around 8000.

Here are some wireframes:

FDUYgMg.jpg

gKpci5K.jpg

FbdLvnq.jpg

• Jestic and Kalvin like this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by MajesticNL, 05 May 2014 - 11:49 PM.

On topic, are there any updates on this mod? I understand you modders get bored at some point, that's why there are so few mods that are finished. I can't blame you, it happens to me too while working at something.

I missed this, so this mod (as far as i know) doesn't make stuff in HD, at least not from scratch. The mod you are probably interested in is Vice City 2, they operate on vk:http://vk.com/vice_city_2

I worked on it myself, not anymore though. If you are interested in joinning them, I could introduce you. Their aim is to make the current vice city map in HD and modern time. (so if you were to texture the Clevelander, you could make it more white, as they painted a lot of buildings white since the 80s, such as the Clevelander).

The clevelander was already made, but it's not as well optimized as yours, and texturing could be a whole lot better.

http://i.snag.gy/wIcjD.jpg

Thanks for the wires, looks very solid, There are places where you can cut lines to have a lower triangle count, but it's not neccesary. I'd make the windows actual geometry if I were you. (if you weren't planning that already)

Is everything instanced or did you make it out of 1 mesh?

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by RaduG, 06 May 2014 - 05:32 PM.

Spoiler

I missed this, so this mod (as far as i know) doesn't make stuff in HD, at least not from scratch. The mod you are probably interested in is Vice City 2, they operate on vk:http://vk.com/vice_city_2

I worked on it myself, not anymore though. If you are interested in joinning them, I could introduce you. Their aim is to make the current vice city map in HD and modern time. (so if you were to texture the Clevelander, you could make it more white, as they painted a lot of buildings white since the 80s, such as the Clevelander).

The clevelander was already made, but it's not as well optimized as yours, and texturing could be a whole lot better.

http://i.snag.gy/wIcjD.jpg

Thanks for the wires, looks very solid, There are places where you can cut lines to have a lower triangle count, but it's not neccesary. I'd make the windows actual geometry if I were you. (if you weren't planning that already)

Is everything instanced or did you make it out of 1 mesh?

Well, my Ocean View isn't really made from scratch. I used KAMS to import it in 3dsMax and then remodeled it so I can make it HD because the original model is a mess and it can't be edited properly as it is. The basic shape is the same as I even snapped the vertices to the original model so it's the same.

I know about the Vice City 2 mod, I follow the topic, but they post more often on VK. I might want to join them, but not right now. Thanks for the help, though. Also, I hate the white Clevelander, it looks so much better in green. It would also look miles better in-game. :D

Why does your Ocean View have so many triangles? Does it contain the interior? Does it have any changes made to it? I know that you had a HD version of it.(This)

I might help you by using my model and removing all the extra details I added so it can be used in your project. I might also try to do a better job at texturing.

I'm gonna give you more details later as I need to go. Thanks for the appreciation.

EDIT: For the Clevelander I plan to make an almost complete interior so of course I'm gonna make the windows actual geometry.

The main reason I stopped working at the HD Ocean View is because the interior doesn't really match the exterior (2 windows outside, 3 inside = Rockstar logic), so I would need to make some modifications and as I have seen in this topic, people don't like when you make changes. It's impossible to make the building real "HD" without modifing anything.

So if you want, I can make an optimised version of the original model without all its flaws and then texture it with higher quality textures. I'm gonna do my best to recreate the original textures as close as I can. For me, the Ocean View is the most iconic building in Vice City and the texturing is very important if you want to maintain the original look.

The models aren't made out of one mesh right now. The details like the ledges and the balconies are separate and can be instanced. The windows could also be instanced if I make them the same size (but I don't think I can without modifying the window in the hotel room). Can you even make use of instancing in RAGE with the tools available?

I have a building with a lot of detailed balconies that could really take advantage of instancing. If I recall correctly, not even the balconies made by Rockstar in GTA IV are instanced.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:11 PM Edited by MajesticNL, 06 May 2014 - 06:18 PM.

Well, my Ocean View isn't really made from scratch. I used KAMS to import it in 3dsMax and then remodeled it so I can make it HD because the original model is a mess and it can't be edited properly as it is. The basic shape is the same as I even snapped the vertices to the original model so it's the same.

If it helps, you can quadifry ("detriangulate") your model, At the graphite modeling tools, go to 'Geometry (All)' > 'Quadifry'.

Also, I hate the white Clevelander, it looks so much better in green. It would also look miles better in-game.  :D

Yeah, that's true, completely white looks boring (unless it's with more colors)

Why does your Ocean View have so many triangles? Does it contain the interior? Does it have any changes made to it? I know that you had a HD version of it.(This)

I might help you by using my model and removing all the extra details I added so it can be used in your project. I might also try to do a better job at texturing.

This isn't my model. It has a bad polyflow and a lot of circular shapes have way too many sides. It ahs no interior either. The texturing is not that great either, needs a lot of estra details (dirt, broken pieces of wall, more windows variation etc,) Sure thing, if you have it textured and want to donate, I'll add it to the mod.If I would optimize (practially redo it) it would about be 12k-15k triangles.

EDIT: For the Clevelander I plan to make an almost complete interior so of course I'm gonna make the windows actual geometry.

The main reason I stopped working at the HD Ocean View is because the interior doesn't really match the exterior (2 windows outside, 3 inside = Rockstar logic), so I would need to make some modifications and as I have seen in this topic, people don't like when you make changes. It's impossible to make the building real "HD" without modifing anything.

Yes, that accounts for the majority interiors prior to GTA4, they never match with the exterior. I also wouldn't worry about the people not liking the changes, it's inevitable and needed.

So if you want, I can make an optimised version of the original model without all its flaws and then texture it with higher quality textures. I'm gonna do my best to recreate the original textures as close as I can. For me, the Ocean View is the most iconic building in Vice City and the texturing is very important if you want to maintain the original look.

Personally, I don't mod anymore, so if you want to do it, it has to come from yourself (and not to please me)

The models aren't made out of one mesh right now. The details like the ledges and the balconies are separate and can be instanced. The windows could also be instanced if I make them the same size (but I don't think I can without modifying the window in the hotel room). Can you even make use of instancing in RAGE with the tools available?
I have a building with a lot of detailed balconies that could really take advantage of instancing. If I recall correctly, not even the balconies made by Rockstar in GTA IV are instanced.

Okay, I was just curious as at lot of people do it out of one mesh, making texturing a pain to do.You don't need to instance parts of the exterior building itself, just keep props, if you were to make them, seperated. But window frames and balconies etc should be attahced as a whole. However, it is possible if you want to.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:41 PM Edited by RaduG, 06 May 2014 - 11:07 PM.

If it helps, you can quadifry ("detriangulate") your model, At the graphite modeling tools, go to 'Geometry (All)' > 'Quadifry'.

I don't think that helps so much. I think it was easier for me to remake the model. But thanks for the advice, I almost forgot where I can find the quadrify tool.

This isn't my model. It has a bad polyflow and a lot of circular shapes have way too many sides. It ahs no interior either. The texturing is not that great either, needs a lot of estra details (dirt, broken pieces of wall, more windows variation etc,) Sure thing, if you have it textured and want to donate, I'll add it to the mod.If I would optimize (practially redo it) it would about be 12k-15k triangles.

Sorry, I wasn't implying it's made by you. When I wrote "your" I was referring to the entire team. I was suspecting those wavy neons were the cause of the high polycount.

I will post pictures here whenever I start making some progress. I will ask for your advice while working at it so it fits your mod (if you don't mind).

Yes, that accounts for the majority interiors prior to GTA4, they never match with the exterior. I also wouldn't worry about the people not liking the changes, it's inevitable and needed.

Thanks for the advice!

Personally, I don't mod anymore, so if you want to do it, it has to come from yourself (and not to please me)

Well, I'm not gonna make it just to please you, but I know you are very experienced and although I am experienced in 3d modeling, I'm still a beginner in modding. It's just that I could use some advice from you.

Okay, I was just curious as at lot of people do it out of one mesh, making texturing a pain to do.You don't need to instance parts of the exterior building itself, just keep props, if you were to make them, seperated. But window frames and balconies etc should be attahced as a whole. However, it is possible if you want to.

Yeah, it doesn't worth it for this particular model, but I would like to learn how to do that. If you have a link to a tutorial or you have the time to write one, please pm me.

I really hope I'm not annoying you with all this questions and requests. :ph34r:

If I do, please stop me. :lol:

SLOVANAC
  • SLOVANAC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:18 PM Edited by SLOVANAC, 09 May 2014 - 06:20 PM.

Sorry for not answering for a week... I was away from home... Where do I exaxtly get those files?? And what do I do with them

SoAmusing777
  • SoAmusing777

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

This mod has died, correct? Is there no mod out there that has Vice City updated in HQ/HD with all the missions? I've been searching, but so far have only found Vice IV, Rage, Vice City HD (which apparently has also died due to a couple members leaving, and Vice Cry 1.8 (which actually seems to mod Vice City itself not IV). Anyone out there with answers?

crashrock2
  • crashrock2

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

I have two problems on this mod.The one problem is that radio doesn't work for me anymore.Just original GTA IV radio.And the second problem is when i go upstairs in Ocean Wiev hotel.It crashes for me.:(

windsands
  • windsands

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Now GTA IV won't open & I have no clue how to open VC Rage. 

What am I suppose to do?

NightHawk107
  • NightHawk107

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:18 PM Edited by NightHawk107, 27 May 2014 - 07:53 AM.

is beta 4 in progress anyways i have a problem whenever i go to the second island i get "out of boundaries" it will count from 10 to 0 and if its 0 ill die?! wtf? how can i fix this?

cgmann
  • cgmann

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:58 PM Edited by cgmann, 05 June 2014 - 03:42 PM.

When I try to save the game crashes and the radio doesnt play vc radio.

Niko dA bEstT Unstoppable
  • Niko dA bEstT Unstoppable

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:50 AM

People i have a problem, i started the game and all works fine but i only see the next cars:

DELUXO

HERMES

INFERNUS

CHEETAH

STINGER

STRETCH

SANDKING

GREENWOOD

TAXI

COMET

POLICE CAR

And some PCJ-600s.... anyone knows how to fix it? I wanna use the Vice Rage with 80s car mods :/

K0ol-G-R4P
  • K0ol-G-R4P

QB Representor

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

Finally got around to buying IV on PC (only had EFLC) and installing this mod.

Easily one of the best IV mods and the installation was problem free. I transfered over my scripts folder from IVSA just to see what works.

maiktsd
  • maiktsd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

2zppkbq.png

This is a modification, that will bring you back to Vice City of 80's, but on this time it will be on RAGE engine.
BETA 3 Out Now! (29.08.13)
Multiplayer Out Now! (26.10.13)

DOWNLOAD:

Link 1 (Mega)Link 2 (Yandex)

UPDATE!
Download this archive and move to the folder with the game (Cutscenes)
Link 1 (Mega) Link 2 (Yandex)

Download Multiplayer (26.10.13)

Download

Patch 1.0.0.1 for Multiplayer (30.10.13)

Download

Install:

1. Install a clean version of the game gta 4 (steam version, and other) (http://store.steampo....com/app/12210/)
2. Install the patch 1.0.7.0 (http://updates.rocks...update_7_EN.zip
3. Open the archive "RAGE.rar", go to the folder "Vice City RAGE 29.08.13" and move all the files and folders from there to the game folder GTA 4.
4. in "RAGE.rar" archive open the archive "Patch _01.rar" and move all the files and folders into the game gta 4
5. Download the movies archive and drag a movies folder in the game folder (https://mega.co.nz/#...87mceP92WcyORY8)
6. Remove all saves gta 4 if you have them
here: C:\Users\Adam\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
and here: C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

- New room in the hotel with a toilet.
- Fixed map in Little Havana
- Added dynamic objects
- Fixed collision for houses on the beach
- New weapons
- Fixed paths_vc.img
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- New textures
- Quality Tommy Vercetti skin
- Fixed cars
- New trees, palms
- Tommy's Voice
- New textures for roads
- Added water in swimming pools
- Fixed Races
- New menu, loading screens, fonts and other stuff
- Two full missions: "In The Beginning" and "The Party"
- Cutscenes (.bik)
- GFWL Multiplayer
- Hidden weapons
- Yacht Colonel
- Clothes shops
- And much more...

Team Credits (BETA 3)
• Tmaster - Lead Programmer, Sco Scripter
• Mr.Vegas - Lead Designer, Map Converter
• Frank.s - Sco Scripter
• KamiShinx - Graphics Artist, Trailer
• Znenin - Design, Graphics Artist
Vice Cry Team

vcrscreens1.png

D6bE.jpg D6bJ.jpg D6bT.jpg D6bU.jpg

vcrvideo1.png

Beta 3 Trailer

Beta 3 Release

The first slable launch multiplayer Vice City Rage

Vice City Rage Multiplayer - Helicopter Race 

Vice City Rage Multiplayer Race (.asi)

GTA IV: Vice City Rage Multiplayer - Pre-release Gameplay

Vice City Rage - Live Broadcast From 26.10.13 (Russian Voice)

All news only on Twitter & VK page: 
https://twitter.com/vicecityrage
http://vk.com/vice_city_rage

Beta 4 coming 2014
Rage Team. 

hey there rage team !!many thanks to make this mod from all of us who wanted this really  vice city in iv engine..i have twoo things to ask..ive own gta 4 v 1.0.0 i made all the steps realy well clean installation,patch 1.0.7 and make the mod ok to work as you said on read me and here BUT the game crashes alot ..when i tried to save at hotel when i've gone on a bike and drive around..and in all ways crashes and give a fatal error...in anyway game worked properly for a long time with out crashes but when the mod done keep crashing all the time..what should i do??please hlep!!

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:07 AM Edited by clement_attlee, 07 July 2014 - 07:30 AM.

I'm a little late but great job! :)

I also have a question, how do I play as a ped? I can't use a normal trainer that uses componentpeds.img so what should i do?

LittleUZI
  • LittleUZI

Uzi The Automatic Pistol 2000

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Can someone put the link of Vice City Rage Beta 3 somewhere else, because for some reason I can't download from Mega( It can't even load always gets errors) and Yandex, I don't understand Russian!

inter.
  • inter.

#still_rollin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

There really isn't any way to get Simple Native Trainer working on this mod? I really want to have it. 

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

I made 3 new videos for this mod:

GTA VC Rage Races

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users