Quantcast

» «
Photo

So just how much did Rockstar reveal today?

85 replies to this topic
BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Edward-Is-A-Flunky45 @ Friday, May 3 2013, 17:03)
I think they should just tease us... Posting like 4 seconds of Franklin walking on the hood for example. But well, after this... We won't be hearing a lot of things anymore, just wait until there's a trailer 3 and they start giving us pics.

We just got trailer 3.
All of the character trailers together.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

@ Adriaan
where do you got this Quote from btw?

i would like to have it

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, May 3 2013, 18:00)
QUOTE (Edward-Is-A-Flunky45 @ Friday, May 3 2013, 17:03)
I think they should just tease us... Posting like 4 seconds of Franklin walking on the hood for example. But well, after this... We won't be hearing a lot of things anymore, just wait until there's a trailer 3 and they start giving us pics.

We just got trailer 3.
All of the character trailers together.

I think he means the third and final trailer as in not a character trailer.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

I sure hope Rockstar shows us a game play trailer of 1 mission.

The multiprotags thing is going to have a major effect on the game play.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

They haven't revealed anything I didn't already know.

Couture23
  • Couture23

couture23

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Friday, May 3 2013, 14:41)
And what is this?

https://twitter.com/X360_Magazine

X360 Magazine with ''Unique stuff'' about GTA V on May 15th

Very, very interesting.

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

SMH.

Retarded how just a week ago people were complaining about "NO INFO!". Now all of a sudden it is "TOO much info!"

SimMaster
  • SimMaster

San Andreas Explorer

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Couture23 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 18:51)
QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Friday, May 3 2013, 14:41)
And what is this?

https://twitter.com/X360_Magazine

X360 Magazine with ''Unique stuff'' about GTA V on May 15th

Very, very interesting.

"Loads of GTA V coverage out there; we've taken a look. Quietly confident we have it beat. Issue 98 out 15 May."

So.. new info?

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (SimMaster @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:42)

"Loads of GTA V coverage out there; we've taken a look. Quietly confident we have it beat. Issue 98 out 15 May."

So.. new info?

It would have to be pretty big news to beat everything we just learned.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:27)
QUOTE (SimMaster @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:42)

So.. new info?

It would have to be pretty big news to beat everything we just learned.

My thoughts exactly.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

Better be good teasing us like that!

Symbiote Venom
  • Symbiote Venom

We Are Venom

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

they better not give me blue balls lol lol.gif

Tiglet
  • Tiglet

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

These idiots from the xbox magazine will probably have seen something new but something that's not as half as important they would you have believe. I bet it's something like 'I saw a bear running around'.

I hope they saw snow / army / extra secret city.

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Call me what you want. I still believe they are hiding something. Something like another major city.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:01 AM Edited by Gst0395, 06 May 2013 - 10:05 AM.

I guess Rockstar wants there to be alot of surprises when we play the game. We've got alot of info now. If Rockstar wants to hold off until the release date approaches, I'm fine with that. turn.gif

Heath_89
  • Heath_89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I'm happy with what has been revealed a few days ago.

However I really want to see a screenshot of the map, I just can't seem to get my head around how big they say it is.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Maybe they'll be talking about multiplayer, that's wholly unique from anything we've learned so far and it's a somewhat more official outlet than regular press being xbox right?

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Friday, May 3 2013, 06:01)
QUOTE (Darkrebirth @ Friday, May 3 2013, 07:23)
What does he mean by the entire game is still kept secret? We know that there will be missions based off personal conflicts, heists and whatnot...we know features, mechanics, vehicles, areas of the city etc. What exactly is the big secret here? Is it the multiplayer or is there more to singleplayer that they won't tell us until near release?

I sort of FEEL like we've seen the whole game [except the missions and story and multiplayer].

I'm not sure how you can feel this way. We've seen so little of the map, hardly scratched the surface when it comes to weapons and vehicles (which we know is the most yet in a GTA game).

We know so little of the full experience which, yes, the map, missions, side missions, dynamic world event missions (like in RDR) are made up of - among other things.

Not to mention, we don't really know anything about multiplayer.

At least, that's the way I feel about things.

I followed everything they put out before RDR's release, and there were many unique experiences and surprises when I played the game.

I hardly think we know as much as you make it out to be - especially when you said we know about vehicles.

OP, please could you mention some of the surprises you got from RDR.

Except the incredible ending!

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Monday, May 6 2013, 18:45)
What does he mean by the entire game is still kept secret? We know that there will be missions based off personal conflicts, heists and whatnot...we know features, mechanics, vehicles, areas of the city etc. What exactly is the big secret here? Is it the multiplayer or is there more to singleplayer that they won't tell us until near release?

I sort of FEEL like we've seen the whole game [except the missions and story and multiplayer].

I'm not sure how you can feel this way. We've seen so little of the map, hardly scratched the surface when it comes to weapons and vehicles (which we know is the most yet in a GTA game).

We know so little of the full experience which, yes, the map, missions, side missions, dynamic world event missions (like in RDR) are made up of - among other things.

I followed everything they put out before RDR's release, and there were many unique experiences and surprises when I played the game.

I hardly think we know as much as you make it out to be - especially when you said we know about vehicles.

RDR is a different game, therefore different ending. GTA doesn't work like that.

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

I think that there may be a lot of small features that Rockstar is keeping secret, but I think when they say "keeping most of the game a secret", I think that's an exaggeration. I don't think they're holding back anything big like some are speculating. But hey, hopefully I'm wrong. In my opinion, we've seen about 1/8 of the game overall.

And if they were to be hiding another city, I definitely don't think it's Las Venturas or San Fierro. I think at most it would be San Diego since that still fits in the category of "re-imagined modern day Southern California."

What really throws me off here though is how in GI, Houser specifically said that there was no property purchasing, and then on Thursday, we find out that property purchasing is confirmed?! It makes me think about what else that they are unexpectedly including.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 19:12)
QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Monday, May 6 2013, 18:45)

RDR is a different game, therefore different ending. GTA doesn't work like that.

Wut?

Well the storyline rich ending was the biggest surprise for me.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

It would be pretty foolish of that Xbox magazine to say such things if it was bullsh*t. They already are pretty late to be coming with a preview after all these previews,so it should be something new. I doubt they've seen the 360 version of the game, so this 'unique' thing must be something else.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, May 6 2013, 18:21)
It would be pretty foolish of that Xbox magazine to say such things if it was bullsh*t. They already are pretty late to be coming with a preview after all these previews,so it should be something new. I doubt they've seen the 360 version of the game, so this 'unique' thing must be something else.

It's marketing more likely than not.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

Well i guess it comes down to the specifics. Of course we dont know all the weapons or all the cars in the game or the dynamic/side missions but we know they exist which is a given. It wont be a suprise to see there is a wide variety, we have been told that. What Darkbirth and others are saying is we have seen a very good majority of the gameplay features that make up an average R* open world game.
Regarding that map, yes we havnt seen a good portion of it but take a look around the mapping thread and it IS obvious we have seen almost the entire city of Los santos. There will be littles suprises in terms of the city size.

Im sure R* definetly has plenty up their sleeve such as multiplayer and cant wait to see what else but i definetly think we have been told a good majority of what will make up the core gameplay of GTAV. Obviously seeing a list and descriptions of gameplay isnt comparable to discovering it yourself but that in itself is a given, would not consider that a huge suprise or any kind of revelation.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

I swear I cant wait to read about the new Multiplayer's free roam features and tte new game modes and crew system.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Friday, May 3 2013, 06:11)
What I notice, is that the pictures released showing the rural regions of the game are taken from the same places but only from a different angle.

Not to mention the dozen photos of the bloody Vinewood sign from different angles...

But I really do believe R* is hiding most of GTA V's content. We know this map is HUGE, yet we haven't really seen any proper videos on the deserts, rural towns, farmlands or even underwater sequences.

A tiny glimpse is not sufficient. I mean we need to see a full blown trailer like we've seen of Los Santos in the first trailer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users