Photo

[WIP] 1971 Holden HQ Monaro

243 replies to this topic
Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:50 AM Edited by Carface80, 27 February 2014 - 06:20 AM.

@T-808 your welcome, I am glad to participate,  Its been a while when I modeled that Statesman. 

@almost610 Argh what a waste. I stumbled upon this page full of Australian stock race cars http://www.rfactorce...poster=EviLKarL

My unrestricted polygon warfare continues. Smooths up the plumbings, Now got a Victoria  license plates.

mony02.jpg

• Nik. and Rocket350 like this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by Carface80, 27 February 2014 - 08:17 PM.

@universetwister the seats, i doubt it but it makes it a bit more interesting. The fishscale trim on cluster probably an custom add on too...

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

That's some quality, right there. Not an Aussie car fan, but really looking forward to this car. :D

T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

That's some quality, right there. Not an Aussie car fan, but really looking forward to this car. :D

why not an Aussie car fan? I've found nice cars that are more then comperable to the american muscle car scene and fallen in love with many brands such as the chrysler valiant series which includes some nice chargers,the ford falcons almost never fail to capitivate and don't even get me started on the body lines of holdens and desotos. if you love cars I don't see the reason to not like Aussie car scene.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Or watch Mad Max and mad max2 its a parade of interesting australian cars, dont forget the sexiest of all the xb falcon.

People had been asking me to make certain cars. Long time ago, i was not able to find a 1989 caprice on gta3, so i took the matter on my own hand and learn how to make one. It ook me a while to gether up good reference photos. Old cars are easy because they have tons of restoration photos, gutted and stripped.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:00 AM Edited by T-808, 01 March 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Or watch Mad Max and mad max2 its a parade of interesting australian cars, dont forget the sexiest of all the xb falcon.

People had been asking me to make certain cars. Long time ago, i was not able to find a 1989 caprice on gta3, so i took the matter on my own hand and learn how to make one. It ook me a while to gether up good reference photos. Old cars are easy because they have tons of restoration photos, gutted and striped

Good point. I've had to patch up the unfinished parts of that Holden Statesman body you made for us and it's helped me greatly to find some restoration forums where I could see behind the back bumper and all. infact I may use your body as a template for a stock holden hq statesman.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

All this talk about the cars in pieces and I remember there is a stripped out HQ/WB Ute sitting in a paddock out at my grandparents place, there is no doors, hood, front quarters, grill, rear tailgate and not much of an interior but the whole shell is there, I might have to remember to grab some pics next time I am out there.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'll be making many versions of the valiant charger as I decided to make other years and other designations such as the CL,the VJ and so on. I also got refs for the ute versions and I hope to also make the van and stationwagon versions as well as time will allow me to. I also want to make as man ford falcons,falcon utes and so on as I can because we have a good xc thanks to augh. we have a a good xb thanks to Ganjica but we don't really have any good xa's and so  fourth. so I've added all that to my list and if I can get the hang of this desoto fireswep 4 door then you better believe I'll make a stock version. I've already been working hard on an authentic charger engine and I almost have to build a stock version in order to do the movie version I want to do.

but if people want them ingame I need help but who knows maybe carface can skin and tech shoot maybe someone else could. we'll see when I get there. I just finished a none stock Aussie built movie car on my topic and build me some higher poly sunraysias. btw this is looking so good carface. keep up the great work man cause I seriously cannot wait to drive this.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

You'll have to get some Fairlanes and LTD made from those XB's & XC's or even a Landau (P5(XB) LTD Coupe)

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

You'll have to get some Fairlanes and LTD made from those XB's & XC's or even a Landau (P5(XB) LTD Coupe)

it's funny you mention that cause I built a landau from a donated xb model. but it's not perfect and I plan to build one from scratch. fairlanes look really nice but they also look really difficult. I plan to try I have to make a fairlane ZG for my mod. I have a lot of aussie stock car plans. as I get better at these movie versions it should stand that I can do better at the stock versions because I want stock versions as badly as I want the movie versions I am making. and I have to build an xa falcon cause our base car for the red bat car is an xc not an xa. but I have take things in baby steps. I've been studying american musicle cars made by actual game devs and I've learned a few tricks that should make my work pleasing to most who enjoy such pleaures so keep an eye on my profile for posts about stock cars cause I just finished an asset and want to start the xb stock as soon as possible.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

fairlane zg looks like a big MK3 cortina, lots of curves, if you have a chance to see a real ones, gunsight every side panels and you notice these so called straight lines (you seen on photos) are actually curves a little bit, this nailed a lot of car modelers making their car looks boxy. 

After finishing the textures, the fun part begins...those nasty LOD's. I may have to model from scratch this time, maybe.

texturing the undercarriage is lot easier than i thought....only the exhaust and engine parts have to do.

mony02.jpg

• T-808, Nik. and Rocket350 like this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:53 AM Edited by Carface80, 02 March 2014 - 09:19 AM.

(Edited out misleading words) One douchebag moderator from http://gtapolicemods.com/ almost ruined my day, hijacking a thread about my MCI classic bus, how ironic eh?

Time to move on, leave that lego galore website alone, they will never see my IP address again (not even a single byte).

Anyway, McFly saids, this is going to be heavy...if you count the triangles then Doc Emmet said Great Scott!

mony5.jpg

mony6.jpg
  • Rocket350 likes this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

well that's too bad about gtapolicemods cause I was going to see if they'd help me with a 1977 fury I am about to get donated to me for use in games. guess I'll have to try to out sources it somewhere else cause I can't skin the thing. oh well ces't la vie - that's life. anyways man car looks better and better I serioulsy love the love and feel so far.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:17 AM Edited by Carface80, 02 March 2014 - 09:20 AM.

Just one stupid moderator, not the members who ruined my day. I impulsively typed "those douchebags" , but I'm referring to one prick moderator named carper.

Nik.
  • Nik.

Hochmeister

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:29 AM Edited by Nik., 02 March 2014 - 09:30 AM.

its very sad when even a moderator is screwing a thread up, they supose to keep it nice and clean.

Car looks great btw. :)

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

(Edited out misleading words) One douchebag moderator from http://gtapolicemods.com/ almost ruined my day, hijacking a thread about my MCI classic bus, how ironic eh?

Time to move on, leave that lego galore website alone, they will never see my IP address again (not even a single byte).

Anyway, McFly saids, this is going to be heavy...if you count the triangles then Doc Emmet said Great Scott!

mony5.jpg

mony6.jpg

Very Nice, there is lots of faces on that model, I imagine that loading the wheels alone would probably kill some peoples computers, anyway the model looks fairly spot on from my memory of seeing one of them on the streets last, you've done a great job with the details even down to the lion in the wheel center caps. Great Work.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

mony5.jpg

mony6.jpg

Well... What were you expecting from a site like gtapolicemods, shelter of mod thieves...

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

@nik thanks

@roadrunner converting my car without permission (still retains my name) is forgivable, but selling my model makes my blood boil. Some vultures are unauthorize selling my old fishbowl bus model at 3d studio.com

@universetwister my computer not powerful enough to run enb, anyway I trying to make wtd file smaller, at least below 1mb...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

@universetwister my computer not powerful enough to run enb, anyway I trying to make wtd file smaller, at least below 1mb...

I don't remember asking anything about enb, unless it was my avatar twin Almost610.

Since I'm already here and settled in, would it be a good time to ask if the Monaro had a taxi variant? I remember hearing that the Falcon did, but I'm not too sure if the Monaro did or not.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

@universetwister sorry i mean my computeter is probably one of those will crash if i loaded dozen of 100k car mods. theres a free model around the internet for a 4 door hq kingswood. They are indeed availalbe as taxis, not sure what are the powerplant, it appears to be fitted with in line six ( one of mad max xb flacon march hare spewing black smoke was a former taxicab with in line 6 engine)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

@universetwister sorry i mean my computeter is probably one of those will crash if i loaded dozen of 100k car mods. theres a free model around the internet for a 4 door hq kingswood. They are indeed availalbe as taxis, not sure what are the powerplant, it appears to be fitted with in line six ( one of mad max xb flacon march hare spewing black smoke was a former taxicab with in line 6 engine)

So they did make taxis? That's cool. There's a sad lack of pre-1990's taxis around here.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

the actual Holden's Taxi brochure (badged as Kingswood) http://www.uniquecar...den_hq_taxi.htm

looks like they are only powered with inline six.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

I googled it and I found a model for the taxi:

aus4328.jpg

I think the biggest irony is that it's actually orange rather than yellow, as the name implies. Either that or I'm going colorblind.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

So they did make taxis? That's cool. There's a sad lack of pre-1990's taxis around here.

well if I can find someone to help me with the 1977 fury I do want to make a taxi version.  all my stock aussie sedans I hope to make some taxi versions of as I gather refs. and soul courageous mad a falcon xa stock and a falcon xa taxi. I still have the files for both if people want them it was one of SC's few 3d contributions to the mod before he sadly had to quit do to life issues.  but I totally agree with about the lack of older taxi's    I also have a crazy taxi mod on the books too for those whom might be intersted. I have most of axels cadillac like taxi built but I need to do a lot of intental work on her as I update the mesh with more poly.

lastly I'm building a straight six for my charger. I have most of it done as we speak. as I wanted my chargers to be authentic as sh*t. can't just drop an america v8 into a valiant charger and call it a day. anyways point is I'll have a well made straight six coming up and I have a mesh I might ref off of on the kingswood I could turn that into a taxi. so hopefully I can get some crew for the mods in the works otherwise I'll have all the mods you guys want but no releases due to lack of ability to make textures and poor tech skills. as said I'm a modeler by trade but not much else.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

well if I can find someone to help me with the 1977 fury I do want to make a taxi version.[...]
"1977 fury"

1978_Plymouth_Fury.JPG
This???
  • Oldsmobile_85 likes this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:17 PM Edited by Carface80, 02 March 2014 - 11:21 PM.

damn i wanna model it :panic: looks like my next victim after my cruiser and monaro..

I decided to scratch made the LOD, so I have better grasp of the amount of polygon..

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

well if I can find someone to help me with the 1977 fury I do want to make a taxi version.[...]
"1977 fury"

1978_Plymouth_Fury.JPG
This???

Yup. I got a buddy in france who made a spot on shell. he's modeling insides as we speak and then he's given me full permission to get his model ingame so I am hoping to get some help with the three versions of the car.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:19 PM Edited by ALMOST610, 02 March 2014 - 11:21 PM.

Since I'm already here and settled in, would it be a good time to ask if the Monaro had a taxi variant? I remember hearing that the Falcon did, but I'm not too sure if the Monaro did or not.

There was not a Monaro taxi as it was just the sports hotted up version of the Kingswood which had Taxi/Police variants.

Australia tends to market the same body shell under several different names just depending on the trim level.

[Falcon] Futura, Fairmont, Forte, G6, G6E, XR6, XR8 - [LWB] Fairlane, LTD, Marquis (Plus all the sports and other models I have not mentioned)

[Kingswood] Premier, Belmont, Monaro, Brougham (etc...)

the actual Holden's Taxi brochure (badged as Kingswood) http://www.uniquecar...den_hq_taxi.htm

looks like they are only powered with inline six.

Yes Holden used its own Straight 6's up until 1986 when they switched to a Nissan engine as it was cheaper to purchase them than spend the money to upgrade there own engine, later they switched to Buick and Chevrolet engines which were V's. V8's were only ever standard on Sports or Luxury variants of cars with the 6's being standard across the range, it is also quite common over here to convert cars to running on Dual Fuel, being both Petrol and LPG, Both Ford and Holden offer this as a Factory option these days with even dedicated LPG Engines.

Ford though have used a Straight 6 in the Falcon since the first one left Broadmeadows in the 60's and they still leave the same factory with one (albeit a heavily revised version) and I would know as I drive one, it may not be the latest model but it is the same engine as still fitted to them.

Also Taxi companies have tended to lean towards the Falcon over any Holden over the years so although there would have been taxi versions of the HQ there would have been more Falcon Taxi's, I could be wrong but I think it was in 1998 that with an official count it is was about over 80% Taxis in Australia were Falcon's with the rest split up between Holden, Toyota and some Ford Fairlanes (Which are still technically a Falcon)

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

damn i wanna model it :panic: looks like my next victim after my cruiser and monaro..

I decided to scratch made the LOD, so I have better grasp of the amount of polygon..

Oh, you'd make me the happiest guy on earth. I'd steal the Statue of Liberty just for you in appreciation. The '77 Fury is a sharp looking motherf*cker, one of my favourites.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Soy un perdedor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:43 PM Edited by Carface80, 02 March 2014 - 11:44 PM.

@t-808 Damn, Always getting confused with the bigger grand furies. I love the coronets too. by the time he finished the car, you can port it to gtaV, LAPD had bunch of these and used on the first terminator movie.

@almost610 hmm interesting, these 6's must be tough as nails.

@roadrunner lots of untapped resources for us to take, (beyond the range of Forza freaks)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users