Theres regenerating health.

149 replies to this topic
pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Enchilada @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 20:42)
I just hope they don't add the Deadeye/bullet time style feature. Hate it angry.gif sorry, off topic

yea i think thats more silly than PARTIAL health regen as well.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (elburrosleftnut @ Friday, May 3 2013, 02:24)
Everybody is sooooooo high off of the info storm this week for it to really register. "Encourages ballsy gameplay" HA HA, Saints Row comes to mind.

In my opinion its a bad move but R* said this is gonna be an all new GTA experience so who knows maybe it will turn out to be good. Or maybe they're trying so many new things that it will turn off longtime players (not feeling like past GTAs, etc.) and bring in players that are newer to the GTA franchise (i,e. San Andreas is my first GTA and I don't like the older ones)?

I think it encourages the exact opposite, people will be more defensive since they can take cover and just hide behind it.
Without it, they know there's no other way to get their health back unless there is food/health nearby. Which makes them think if they should go for it or risk their life if they decide to kill the remaining enemies.

MGSFAN612
  • MGSFAN612

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

If there is regenerating health guess the missions must be more difficult than in IV considering no mission in IV took me more than 2-3 tries(and I am not a that great at shooters)

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

Don't know if this has been answered but - question: do NPCs also regen health?

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (boxmonster @ Friday, May 3 2013, 02:34)
Don't know if this has been answered but - question: do NPCs also regen health?

It would kind of make sense since we do, unless we play as supermen again.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

Okay here's an oddball question but it relates to health. I saw earlier that when a character dies he goes back to the last checkpoint. Is this mission only or does this apply to free roam as well? I think the best system for free roam would be. Character does In a shoot out wih police. You then must choose from one if the remaining two characters and then you get a call from the dead character a few minutes later saying that he is out of the hospital and all missions and activities are available again.

Sorry for spelling I'm on my phone

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Perhaps they factored in the rural areas in regard to health. I for one would have been very frustrated in RDR without regen.
Limping around on 10hp through a big forest and just before i get to the nearest populated town a cougar pounces and kills me at the last moment.
I could see the same occuring in GTAV rural area or even in the ocean. A single shark attack or mountain lion pounce could reduce your hp significantly and considering the player is so far from a town or land getting a med or finding food before being attacked again could prove very difficult.

The real O.G loc
  • The real O.G loc

ORiginal Gangsta Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

y'alls gots to chill! it jut means that the gunplay is gonna be more reamalistic knowhwmean??? in rdr it took 4 shots for yo ass to die..so i be guessin our boys gonna take a few shots to die as well

regenemarating health is fine by me. i aint complainin....them damn police choppers was a mudafukin headache knowwhamean??? spawning every damn 15 seconds and spoilin them shootouts coz them cats in the chopper was blastin ma ass

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

with the amount of things that can kill you so easily, especially when travelling the map, it makes sense. I was sick of dieing from a car nudging me when trying to escape with a little bit of heath.

you will probably thank rockstar when your in the wild and a mountain lion starts stalking you,

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

I take it it's because there's 3 people to keep healthy... and when you are controlling one and doing well, not loosing any health, the computer is getting it's arse handed to it and losing health because it's not as boss as you are wink.gif

I think we all need to play it to see what's what though...

V8 Engine
  • V8 Engine

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

I perfer regenerating health it makes it a bit easier for me personally

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

Sounds good to me. It doesn't give you any extra benefit.
If you're screwed, your screwed.. and in longer missions they would always have health laying around anyway.

RDR and GTA IV were equally as difficult, even with different health systems.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Solution:

Health regeneration should be a cheat.

FrustratedAssassin
  • FrustratedAssassin

Poland cannot into space

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

Just f*cking great.
Next game: GTA VI
Coming out 2014
100% health regen
First-person camera only
NPCs die from one bullet to the toe.

But let's hope I'm not right and that they'll implement it right.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (Num3rical @ Friday, May 3 2013, 05:03)
Just f*cking great.
Next game: GTA VI
Coming out 2014
100% health regen
First-person camera only
NPCs die from one bullet to the toe.

But let's hope I'm not right and that they'll implement it right.

Yeah.... no.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

So far my only little disappointmet. At least it's just partial (50%).
However I am more interested in the special skills (slowmotion driving, dead eye/bullet time and double strength - about that I think we saw it in action in the Trevor trailer as he smashes a guy with baseball bat and hit other peds).

That's gotta be awesome and I don't understand why many people seem to dislike it. It's just optional.. while (partial) regeneratng health isn't.

PS: I have to admit that RDR without regenerating health would be hard as f*ck. So it fits for this game.. and probably for GTAV as well. Rockstar must know what they're doing.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

thats kinda lame. i hope it has a hardcore mode like rdr goty had.

Key Lime
  • Key Lime

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:30 AM Edited by Key Lime, 03 May 2013 - 07:39 AM.

I don't mind health regen in singleplayer. I just hope they keep it out of mulitplayer along with special abilities.

rcookie23
  • rcookie23

Miss GTA Collector.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Personally I think the game is going to be a lot harder and that's why they've done it to make it a bit easier health wise. I trust Rockstar know what they are doing.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hahaha people on this forum are ridiculous. We just got a sh*tload of great new info and people here are like "Wahhh the game's gonna be easier sad.gif what ever will I do with my life if GTA is somehow EASIER??" Get a life you little pussies and stop complaining.

hinti21
  • hinti21

~~<====3

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Friday, May 3 2013, 07:56)
Hahaha people on this forum are ridiculous. We just got a sh*tload of great new info and people here are like "Wahhh the game's gonna be easier sad.gif what ever will I do with my life if GTA is somehow EASIER??" Get a life you little pussies and stop complaining.

sis

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

Health regenerating to 50% is a good addition in my opinion. It means that you can always pull it back from the brink but with only 50% health you need to be careful. Having very low health mid-mission could result in having to restart. Though I can see why some would prefer not to have that feature, preferring to have to monitor their health more and tackle missions appropriately. Perhaps we'll be able to toggle it on and off. Surely that could be included easily enough.

THEBIGZED
  • THEBIGZED

For an annoying dick, you really are an annoying dick.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

But it's partly regenerative. You're still going to have to be careful to not lose the first half of your health. I'll probably play with free aim because RDR was a bit too easy with the soft aim at times. And in GTAV there will be plenty of cover most of the time so I'll want to be tactical.

Also hunting for a hot dog stand just so I can get 10% of my health back and start a new mission or whatever is not all that fun. Now you'll need to restore health when it really is necessary.

Liberty2k7
  • Liberty2k7

Now Mr Raspberry Jam...He died a noble death

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (THEBIGZED @ Friday, May 3 2013, 09:01)
But it's partly regenerative. You're still going to have to be careful to not lose the first half of your health. I'll probably play with free aim because RDR was a bit too easy with the soft aim at times. And in GTAV there will be plenty of cover most of the time so I'll want to be tactical.

Also hunting for a hot dog stand just so I can get 10% of my health back and start a new mission or whatever is not all that fun. Now you'll need to restore health when it really is necessary.

Considering armour as health, 50% of health isn't that much, its only a quarter of our potential health. Everything about the game will be more challenging than in IV IMO and this will all work.

fastetshot
  • fastetshot

I'm very serious.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Like RDR.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Slowly regenerating health is surely the same as finding another healthpack ?

It would probably take a similar time to refill the 50% health meter as it would to find a pack. Whats the difference.

50% health is also not a lot. Armour is much stronger - health usually goes down quite fast when in combat.

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

No... Just no...

Oh, well, whatever...

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

There was on preview that mentioned there were different kinds of armors with varying uses and benefits... or did I imagine that?

hype5870
  • hype5870

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

I love the 50% health regen. Grabbing some health pack and boom you're healed made no sense to me. But just hiding and you'll come back from near death didn't either. 50% regen is perfect balance. There's strategy to hit some cover to recover for a bit, but not enough (and descructable cover too) to keep you having to move on and charge forward.

Hahaa people love to complain. RDR had 100% regen and that game was amazing.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

It pretty much makes it harder in a way. I think the purpose of this is that you should try and not take damage, by using stealth skills and what not. It's a VERY good idea. Besides, only 50% of the health is regenerative, the rest of it is healed when you probably need health packs or eating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users