Photo

GTA V Animal Database

389 replies to this topic
SimMaster
  • SimMaster

San Andreas Explorer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Jekay @ Friday, May 3 2013, 18:46)
QUOTE (SimMaster @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 01:01)
This looks like a small dog, or a coyote:

user posted image

I looked close on the trailer, looks like a lizard

I don't know. You can see a light shadow beneath the body, as if it were a foot or so off the ground. A lizard doesn't have legs that long or stand like that.

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (tooformay @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:45)
QUOTE (M4Andreas @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:05)
You can cleary see here a cat, don't u?!
user posted image

full res: http://img17.imagesh...16/17624681.png

No unless it's invisible.

LOL not again.

SimMaster
  • SimMaster

San Andreas Explorer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

Its the side of the box, dude. Look at the other one.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think its a load of Bullsh*t for them to add "hunting" to a "modern" based game. In RDR it made sense to hunt, in a GTA?...No it's totally pointless. I mean it won't stop me from playing it but I'll be damned if I'm going to purposely go out shooting or running into animals when it doesn't progress the story or anything else in the game at all. As long as you can avoid it, or have it as an option then that's ok I guess but
or if there is only "1" mission to hunt then I guess I'd have to get it over with. But after that I won't have anything to do with it. To me it just makes no sense, just like rl. There is no reason for it.
UNLESS I'm being attacked and get pissed off like in RDR lol...like attacked over and over then I'd have no choice but to blow them away. But I do find it cool that they'd add animals to the forests etc...I think that's neat and realistic because it was creepy running around the woods in San Andreas all by my self lol...I was like what is wrong with this picture?

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I plan to do some "Hunting" with my car once I get in game. sly.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 18:38)
I think its a load of Bullsh*t for them to add "hunting" to a "modern" based game. In RDR it made sense to hunt, in a GTA?...No it's totally pointless. I mean it won't stop me from playing it but I'll be damned if I'm going to purposely go out shooting or running into animals when it doesn't progress the story or anything else in the game at all. As long as you can avoid it, or have it as an option then that's ok I guess but
or if there is only "1" mission to hunt then I guess I'd have to get it over with. But after that I won't have anything to do with it. To me it just makes no sense, just like rl. There is no reason for it.
UNLESS I'm being attacked and get pissed off like in RDR lol...like attacked over and over then I'd have no choice but to blow them away. But I do find it cool that they'd add animals to the forests etc...I think that's neat and realistic because it was creepy running around the woods in San Andreas all by my self lol...I was like what is wrong with this picture?

hunting doesnt mean that its an activity or mini game. u just can shoot them like peds. so they call it hunting. i doubt people would buy flesh and skins from u that time

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Input @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 16:41)
I don't know about you guys, but I plan to do some "Hunting" with my car once I get in game. sly.gif

I wonder if deer animations will be realistic, or if they'll just go stiff and fall over when you hit them with a car.

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Input @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 18:41)

I'm planning to drive to a farm with a car transport truck, fill it with cows and free them in the middle of Los Santos. I can already imagine that massive chaos.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Rock of Ages. Still Rollin'. Rock 'n' Rollin'.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 18:38)

Yet murdering countless pedestrians is ok and fits into the modern day scene?

PETA nuts annoy the hell out of me, if you believe that a game where murder is a major feature is wrong then fine, I respect your opinion. However, if you feel that murdering pixelated animals is wrong and somehow worse than murdering pixelated humans, which is perfectly fine to you, then your therapist has a lot to answer for suicidal.gif

I'm all for animal rights, but I'm totally going to go hunting. I'm also planning on jumping into peoples yards and murdering their dogs to see their reaction cool.gif

Zirvlok
  • Zirvlok

Reading and posting from my PS3

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Input @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 09:41)

Oh. Yea. I look forward to this so much. I think the first thing I'll do when I get the game will be running over as many animals as possible until I die or get bored (probably the former). It's going to be so great!

Hilldog39
  • Hilldog39

The Beast

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

i wonder if you can catch/trap animals, then release them else where...would be fun to trap a mountain lion, then release it on hollywood blvd

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 11:38)

People still hunt....

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

there needs to be monkeys because if Trevor loses health I can just find a monkey in the zoo and eat it as Trevor or spawn one with his calculator watch and eat it

Remi749
  • Remi749

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Friday, May 3 2013, 22:39)
On the game informer article, it says that Trevor's dive was interrupted by a Great White Shark. Of course, could be that they confused the bull shark for a great white since, well, they're game journalists and not marine biologist.

https://www.gameinfo...eft-auto-v.aspx

It's on the first sentence of the last paragraph of the The Bender And The Wet Suit section.

Well, yeah... I am no Marine Biologist, but since the great white sharks have a more pointier nose, I think Okin could be correct... so we will just leave it at Bull Shark until further confirmation.

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:53)
Mountain lions and deers have been confirmed. I think it was CVG that confirmed it.

Yeah, I added them before the topic was published, but thanks for the comment smile.gif

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 00:48)
CVG mentioned flies in their Video:

@45:43

its actually an insect but as u also listed moths...

Hmmm... I don't plan to include all the insects types in the game, so I'll just leave it as Moth / flies for now... unless we get some seriously detailed insects which I suppose won't happen, though those Moth's are actually pretty detailed for being such small creatures.

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 16:46)
QUOTE (Input @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 16:41)
I don't know about you guys, but I plan to do some "Hunting" with my car once I get in game.  sly.gif

I wonder if deer animations will be realistic, or if they'll just go stiff and fall over when you hit them with a car.

If you've played Red Dead Redemption you'll know the animations will be tremendous, the seriously nailed the animations in that game, even animal/farming simulators that focus more on the animals have crappy animations compared to what Rockstar managed to do.

QUOTE (SimMaster @ Friday, May 3 2013, 23:01)
This looks like a small dog, or a coyote:

user posted image

That is really interesting, I'll see if I can make a gif, and will add it under unidentified animals smile.gif

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Coyotes? Damn....

“I was driving home late one night and stopped at a red light, and three coyotes walked diagonally across the intersection like they absolutely owned it. It was something I never forgot. It wasn’t just the presence of wild animals in the middle of the city; it was their attitude that this was still their domain, and this layer of civilization was merely temporary.”

Remi749
  • Remi749

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Added a new unidentifiable animal smile.gif Also made this gif.

user posted image

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Remi749 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:41)

user posted image

With this gif it looks like a cat or similar to me. Right end is the head and thr left is the tail

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Rock of Ages. Still Rollin'. Rock 'n' Rollin'.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I know someone said that they saw butterflies, can't remember who it was confused.gif

They were praising the detail in the game and said something about Rockstar adding such a little feature that no one would even miss or something. Definitely saw it somewhere yesterday.

Remi749
  • Remi749

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by Remi749, 05 May 2013 - 10:02 PM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:46)

user posted image

With this gif it looks like a cat or similar to me. Right end is the head and thr left is the tail

Yeah, it could be a cat, I have written down three things I think it is in the topic, - "It can be a dog, coyote or a large cat..."

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:50)
I know someone said that they saw butterflies, can't remember who it was confused.gif

They were praising the detail in the game and said something about Rockstar adding such a little feature that no one would even miss or something. Definitely saw it somewhere yesterday.

Hmmm... well butterflies are insects... but if you can find the source I will add it under the moth / flies smile.gif

jevity
  • jevity

PetroStellaNorth

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Confirmation of cows, and probably other barnyard animals (horses)

http://www.usatoday.... - Top Stories)

"In the city you might stumble across cyclists along the beach, gang members hanging out in their hoods, a security guard patrolling with their guard dog who will react aggressively to you intrusion," Hooker continues. "Whilst out in the countryside you might stumble across mountain bikers flying down a trail with friends, hikers in the hills, deer and coyote roaming the hills or farmers, farmyard workers and barnyard animals around farms."

wow.gif)

Remi749
  • Remi749

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (jevity @ Monday, May 6 2013, 07:42)
Confirmation of cows, and probably other barnyard animals (horses)

http://www.usatoday.... - Top Stories)

"In the city you might stumble across cyclists along the beach, gang members hanging out in their hoods, a security guard patrolling with their guard dog who will react aggressively to you intrusion," Hooker continues. "Whilst out in the countryside you might stumble across mountain bikers flying down a trail with friends, hikers in the hills, deer and coyote roaming the hills or farmers, farmyard workers and barnyard animals around farms."

wow.gif)

That's great news, but since they use the word might, if I understand right, they are saying that you'll probably see it... so isn't that just a guess from the previewer? but of course we will see farm animals, so I'm not denying it's true... but is this really a confirmation? I would like to have some more opinions before I add it smile.gif

jevity
  • jevity

PetroStellaNorth

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

"The team is always learning and we're always trying to evolve our approach and we learnt a lot from working with the developers on both L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption," said Phil Hooker, associate technical director at Rockstar North"

The confirmation comes from Phil Hooker, a high level rockstar employee, not the interviewer

wow.gif)

Remi749
  • Remi749

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (jevity @ Monday, May 6 2013, 08:06)
"The team is always learning and we're always trying to evolve our approach and we learnt a lot from working with the developers on both L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption," said Phil Hooker, associate technical director at Rockstar North"

The confirmation comes from Phil Hooker, a high level rockstar employee, not the interviewer

wow.gif)

Well then, that definitely confirms it! Thanks for the information, I will add it right away wink.gif

jevity
  • jevity

PetroStellaNorth

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

"In the city you might stumble across cyclists along the beach, gang members hanging out in their hoods, a security guard patrolling with their guard dog who will react aggressively to you intrusion,"

Mentioning how guards will actively patrol with dogs (and how dogs will jump up against fences, as quoted in the first Game Informer reveal), at least indicates that Rockstar has allocated quite a lot of ressources to "non-Chop" dog a.i

wow.gif)

Remi749
  • Remi749

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:14 AM Edited by Remi749, 06 May 2013 - 10:20 AM.

QUOTE (jevity @ Monday, May 6 2013, 08:12)
"In the city you might stumble across cyclists along the beach, gang members hanging out in their hoods, a security guard patrolling with their guard dog who will react aggressively to you intrusion,"

Mentioning how guards will actively patrol with dogs (and how dogs will jump up against fences, as quoted in the first Game Informer reveal), at least indicates that Rockstar has allocated quite a lot of ressources to "non-Chop" dog a.i

wow.gif)

Do you or anyone else know what kind of dogs they use on the police force in L.A? Or is the Schäfer that's also a standard here? If so, then I would guess I could add Schäfer's to the list aswell... Since I doubt they will use rottweilers for the police patrols...

EDIT: Added the Barnyard Animals to the list smile.gif

StrapfordLondon
  • StrapfordLondon

CamberwellCarrots

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Awesome post Remi749! I hope there is a selection of dogs & maybe the option to own them!

jevity
  • jevity

PetroStellaNorth

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Remi749 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 10:14)
QUOTE (jevity @ Monday, May 6 2013, 08:12)

wow.gif)

Do you or anyone else know what kind of dogs they use on the police force in L.A? Or is the Schäfer that's also a standard here? If so, then I would guess I could add Schäfer's to the list aswell... Since I doubt they will use rottweilers for the police patrols...

EDIT: Added the Barnyard Animals to the list smile.gif

I dont about which type of dog the LAPD use, im sorry

Thanks for adding the barnyard animals

you are doing a great job with this thread

icon14.gif tounge.gif icon14.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

As soon as they announced this game i've been hoping for animals and look at the already confirmed animals. oh my!!! Their behaviour and animations were so damn realistic in RDR, i just can't wait to see all this in GTA V. Man...this game is....this game is gonna be game of the forever. Really....i can't even begin to imagine how for how many years after its release we'll still be playing it. Hell..nowadays i still play GTA IV, imagine GTA V. Next-gen? What is that? I don't even need it...i really don't.

As for barnyard animals....we'll see. We all remember the screenshots of the farm and there weren't any animals. But then again, RDR had empty farms too,and other farms DID have animals. So it should be fine. I like what i read about a cop and his guard dog. I also hope we'll see random peds walking their dog....this gameworld is gonna feel so lively.
  • MOGGYASAURUS likes this

The Viperman
  • The Viperman

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

As for sharks, maybe there are both bulls and great whites?

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Remi749 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:59)
QUOTE (iNero @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:46)

user posted image

Yeah, it could be a cat, I have written down three things I think it is in the topic, - "It can be a dog, coyote or a large cat..."

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:50)

Hmmm... well butterflies are insects... but if you can find the source I will add it under the moth / flies smile.gif

it seems large enough to be a cat, given the distance.
Maybe a large lizzard though?
I had a bearded dragon well over a foot in length. & they can be larger.

lol. after typin that it sounded dirty, but i was serious. it's a real lizzard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users