Photo

GTA V International Press Previews May 2nd

1,329 replies to this topic
MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Cysiek @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 15:26)
QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 14:13)
QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 20:16)
Gameblog.fr just streamed a live " questions-answers" video which I'm going to sum up.

- They say that it look just as good as in the trailers. ( same depth of field etc)
Also he pointed out that even though it wasn't a WD-PS4 category he was amazed and "slapped" by the graphics.
Not that much of alliasing. Even not at all sometimes. NO clipping.

- The switch scroll apparently appeared on the bottom right of the screen while switching.

- Oustanding realism. He had a vertigo feeling during Franklin's jump. He saw LS during the jump ( depth of field >>)

- A long distance switch took roughly 10sec.

- Wildlife looked better than RDRs. And mountains too.

- He saw 'carcass' of cars in the water

- And the game overall looks slightly better than RDR

Thats it.

I don't speak French, so let me ask you....

Was that live streamed preview shown on a PS3 or 360 ??

Just curious to know.

P...S...3...

Hmmmm...seems like Gamekings was one of the few to see the 360 version. Although there are a few non-English previews that didn't mention what version they saw. Maybe the Dutch sources like Gamekings, Tweakers and i believe one more all saw 360 then.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 16:47)
QUOTE (Cysiek @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 15:26)
Gameblog.fr just streamed a live " questions-answers" video which I'm going to sum up.

- They say that it look just as good as in the trailers. ( same depth of field etc)
Also he pointed out that even though it wasn't a WD-PS4 category he was amazed and "slapped" by the graphics.

- The switch scroll apparently appeared on the bottom right of the screen while switching.

- Oustanding realism. He had a vertigo feeling during Franklin's jump. He saw LS during the jump ( depth of field >>)

Thats it.

Just curious to know.

P...S...3...

Hmmmm...seems like Gamekings was one of the few to see the 360 version. Although there are a few non-English previews that didn't mention what version they saw. Maybe the Dutch sources like Gamekings, Tweakers and i believe one more all saw 360 then.

Well I'm happy that these guys were talking about the PS3 version, because they gave glowing reports about how the game looked. Well that is not too surprising since most demos in previews have been shown on a PS3.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Next wednesday POWER UNLIMITED mag comes out and it will be a lil bit different then their online preview(may,2) probably nothing but you never know.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:14)
Next wednesday POWER UNLIMITED mag comes out and it will be a lil bit different then their online preview(may,2) probably nothing but you never know.

Hmm, they mentioned that it'll be a 6 page cover article. It may just be another "Xbox Mag-esque" article but who knows, there might be some interesting tidbits here and there.

Are you willing to purchase the issue?

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Thats it.

Just curious to know.

PS3 . Like all the previews at the time wink.gif

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:34)
QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:14)

Hmm, they mentioned that it'll be a 6 page cover article. It may just be another "Xbox Mag-esque" article but who knows, there might be some interesting tidbits here and there.

Are you willing to purchase the issue?

I know that the author said that he's going deeper in to the rpg part.
Anyway i'm subscribed and their is also a digital version so there is no problem to share it on here.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Official General, 15 May 2013 - 07:47 PM.

QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:38)

Thats it.

Just curious to know.

PS3 . Like all the previews at the time wink.gif

Double confirmation, thanks very much my French brotha !! icon14.gif

The PS3 version looks like it is shaping up very well, which is all good for me as that's the version I'm getting (I only own a PS3).

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

And I insist as the men from GAMEBLOG.FR did. They are not a huge website in France. They have no reason to oversell the game and so on. And he really pointed out many times that it looked JUST AS GOOD AS IN THE TRAILERS ( sorry for the caps). NO difference. He actually add smtg like " you never know in this industry, R* might have shape up the Hour of the preview to make it look great while the rest of the game is not, but I doubt it really doubt it."

I will be doubtful until the game will be running on my own PS3 , but from what I've heard here and there its sounds promising. We can expect an actual beautiful game. And I can't see why it won't be.

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Ahah you're welcome smile.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:48)
And I insist as the men from GAMEBLOG.FR did. They are not a huge website in France. They have no reason to oversell the game and so on. And he really pointed out many times that it looked JUST AS GOOD AS IN THE TRAILERS ( sorry for the caps). NO difference. He actually add smtg like " you never know in this industry, R* might have shape up the Hour of the preview to make it look great while the rest of the game is not, but I doubt it really doubt it."

I will be doubtful until the game will be running on my own PS3 , but from what I've heard here and there its sounds promising. We can expect an actual beautiful game. And I can't see why it won't be.

Me too, I always wait until I finally play the game and see the graphics before I conclude my final judgement on how good or bad it is.

The same applies to GTA V on the PS3.

However, the reports are encouraging icon14.gif

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm convinced that it will look great.rdr,mp3,la noire looked great and yeah i know gta v is bigger and more detailed then ever but still. Besides almost every preview stated that gta v looks great not superb but great.

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:56)

I'm convinced that it will look great.rdr,mp3,la noire looked great and yeah i know gta v is bigger and more detailed then ever but still. Besides almost every preview stated that gta v looks great not superb but great.

I'm actually much more concerned by framerate than graphics right now.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:59)

Yeah, framerate is a concern of mine as well. I'm sure they will do everything they can to get it running decently, and previews have been saying it runs very smoothly and what not. But they said that about GTA IV in the previews too and well.....yeah.

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 20:07)

Yeah, framerate is a concern of mine as well. I'm sure they will do everything they can to get it running decently, and previews have been saying it runs very smoothly and what not. But they said that about GTA IV in the previews too and well.....yeah.

You can tell if a framerate of a game looks bad hands off but if you play the game yourself its gonna be more obvious.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yes good point.in the previews everything runs smooth but what about if you start chaos in the game?
But somehow i think it will be run smoother than gta IV.

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 20:15)

Yes good point.in the previews everything runs smooth but what about if you start chaos in the game?

It will for sure. We need to remember that GTA IV is 5 years old , was @ the beginning of the gen etc. Now GTAV will be like the close up game of this gen I'm pretty sure we won't face GTAIV lags ; probably some but way smoother

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 20:18)

It will for sure. We need to remember that GTA IV is 5 years old , was @ the beginning of the gen etc. Now GTAV will be like the close up game of this gen I'm pretty sure we won't face GTAIV lags ; probably some but way smoother

Exactly man. And of course the fact that Rockstar quite clearly has the engine nailed down now. Back in 2008 they were more or less experimenting with the engine. But really man, my GOTY next year was Far Cry 3 and BOY did it suffer from a terribruhhh framerate at times, like REALLY f*cking bad, but i enjoyed the game and its features so much that i kinda forgot about it and didn't notice it that bad anymore. With a game like GTA V....i'm sure i can accept it even more.

The Milkman
  • The Milkman

"I'm just picking mushrooms and berries."

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Didn't one of the admins or mods say, that gtav.net (or fan forums in general) will have their own preview session soon? Any news on that? Or were I hallucinating? confused.gif

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (The Milkman @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 22:12)
Didn't one of the admins or mods say, that gtav.net (or fan forums in general) will have their own preview session soon? Any news on that? Or were I hallucinating?  confused.gif

Hum I think they've said that back in GTA IV days some of them were invite at R* HQ to see the game. Think it was few weeks before release not sure though. And that it might happens again

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 21:42)

Exactly man. And of course the fact that Rockstar quite clearly has the engine nailed down now. Back in 2008 they were more or less experimenting with the engine. But really man, my GOTY next year was Far Cry 3 and BOY did it suffer from a terribruhhh framerate at times, like REALLY f*cking bad, but i enjoyed the game and its features so much that i kinda forgot about it and didn't notice it that bad anymore. With a game like GTA V....i'm sure i can accept it even more.

Oh I loved playing FC3 too and I read all over the web about these FR prb. But I kinda wasnt upset by that. I mean during driving sessions it was obvious; but not that much otherwise. Imma get my hands on this again just to see lol

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 22:50)

Oh I loved playing FC3 too and I read all over the web about these FR prb. But I kinda wasnt upset by that. I mean during driving sessions it was obvious; but not that much otherwise. Imma get my hands on this again just to see lol

The part where you wake up in the village with the guy that gives you a gun, boy is the framerate bad there. It's very sluggish and especially after having played a much smoother game, it's a big shock really.

.JimmyHopkins.
  • .JimmyHopkins.

"We die alone, but we live among men."

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 00:31)
QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 22:50)

The part where you wake up in the village with the guy that gives you a gun, boy is the framerate bad there. It's very sluggish and especially after having played a much smoother game, it's a big shock really.

well i'm sure that GTA V WILL have framedrops and popups ,just because those things are common stuff for any game on the consoles (and most games on pc) ...that's just how it works.I play GTA IV and it still looks awesome and i enjoy it a lot after all this time...so i don't think im gonna have any problems with GTA V smile.gif .

DjDark
  • DjDark

Prime Mover

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

But the reason it might not have framedrops is because they've mentioned time and time again, that now after all these years they've gotten to know their own capabilities of their engines and thus know how to push them to their limits, without affecting too much compensations.

Then again, trailers always look smooth, so there hasn't been any visual proof, rather than what we have to assume is the truth all those reviewers spoke about.

They are the ones who actually saw gameplay, so only they can answer if it showed any framedrops.

Pegerino
  • Pegerino

The Heist Driver

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Does anyone know when will the next date for the previews will be ? thanks

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well the next issue of Power Unlimited magazine [coming out next week] will feature a "cover story" focusing on the RPG elements of the game, as Dutch Psycho said.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 12:45)
Well the next issue of Power Unlimited magazine [coming out next week] will feature a "cover story" focusing on the RPG elements of the game, as Dutch Psycho said.

Dont count on anything new. Preview is about what they saw.

LiveApk25
  • LiveApk25

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Is there anything new in games aktuell magazine which was released Today?

Sef
  • Sef

Proud to be Dutch

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, i'm also pretty confident about that because it was the first time that Rockstar Games uses their RAGE engine for any of their games, right?
If yes, the RAGE engine must have been improved like big time.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (sarvesh25 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 15:13)
Is there anything new in games aktuell magazine which was released Today?

Seeing that there's breaking news on top of the forum. I guess not.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Power Unlimited and Gamekings are basically the same, so i guess we'll hear similar stuff to GK's video.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users