GTA V International Press Previews May 2nd

1,329 replies to this topic
Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:07)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:06)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:53)
So the beginning of a bit of silence is not yet in sight....good good!!! smile.gif

It's the middle of May now and we are only around four months away from the release date. I wouldn't expect news every other week but on the other hand, I don't think that there will be any lengthy silence periods anymore.

I just wished they uploaded the new website dozingoff.gif

Oh yeah.and god i hope they do the same as what they did with san andreas.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:07)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:06)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:53)
So the beginning of a bit of silence is not yet in sight....good good!!! smile.gif

It's the middle of May now and we are only around four months away from the release date. I wouldn't expect news every other week but on the other hand, I don't think that there will be any lengthy silence periods anymore.

I just wished they uploaded the new website dozingoff.gif

That yeah, and announce the inevitable and maybe cool Collector Edition. Plenty of things should still be happening from now till release.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

collectors editions should be announced very soon, R* usually releases that kind of info already for their games.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 22:13)
collectors editions should be announced very soon, R* usually releases that kind of info already for their games.

Six months before it's release, Max Payne 3 CE announce:

http://www.rockstarg...al-edition.html

Almost a YEAR before GTA IV's release, the CE announce was made:

http://news.teamxbox...tion-Announced/

But then...IV was planned at the time for October 2007, wasn't it?

But yeah, like you said man...with only a little more than four months to go, that CE should be announced prettty soon. Unless they handle things differently this time, which in that case..it could be a month before its release.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

I doubt they wait a month before release. Has to come soon. I want them to announce it so i can modify my pre order.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:20 AM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 13 May 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Funny,9lives.be said that they thought the demo they saw was next gen.because everything looked so impressive and beautiful.(they joking off course but they just said it just look great)

Pegerino
  • Pegerino

The Heist Driver

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Monday, May 13 2013, 10:20)
Funny,9lives.be said that they thought the demo they saw was next gen.because everything looked so impressive and beautiful.(they joking off course but they just said it just look great)

No confirmation on NEXT Gen for GTA 5 , please,

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Goddamnit..Rockstar has got me again. I've been checking the forum a few times now today and yesterday, they got me all back in the hype about more updates. Could it be September already sad.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

They thought it. But it is no way a next-gen. Not yet.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Monday, May 13 2013, 17:07)

They thought it. But it is no way a next-gen. Not yet.

It was more like a joke..they never really thought it was next gen but more like this game is so impressive.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

For the engine it its running on, its certainly is.

ViceCity09
  • ViceCity09

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, May 13 2013, 16:57)
Goddamnit..Rockstar has got me again. I've been checking the forum a few times now today and yesterday, they got me all back in the hype about more updates. Could it be September already sad.gif

Same here bro! I know that there's gonna be nothing for a while yet I'm constantly checking this site, I'm so hyped.

Hurry up September.

Sef
  • Sef

Proud to be Dutch

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Dayum, only 4 months yet.
Time is going so fast these days.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yep. In the meantime i'll finish my third playthrough of Red Dead Redemption. Then i'll start on some of my backlog games, the new Xbox reveal is next week. E3 will be VERY soon from then. Some more updates of V will keep things interesting, August has Gamescom and soon it's time to play the game of all games this generation.

jimbos0013
  • jimbos0013

PANATHINAIKOS A.C.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:31)
Wow, really people? Because you disagree with IGN you need to make constant bashes towards them?

Maybe the guy who watched the demo was not impressed with the graphics like the other guys were. If you don't like them, then don't listen to them.

f*ck IGN LOL

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by Septmbrsveryown, 14 May 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Gameblog.fr just streamed a live " questions-answers" video which I'm going to sum up.

- They say that it look just as good as in the trailers. ( same depth of field etc)
Also he pointed out that even though it wasn't a WD-PS4 category he was amazed and "slapped" by the graphics.
Not that much of alliasing. Even not at all sometimes. NO clipping.

- The switch scroll apparently appeared on the bottom right of the screen while switching.

- Oustanding realism. He had a vertigo feeling during Franklin's jump. He saw LS during the jump ( depth of field >>)

- A long distance switch took roughly 10sec.

- Wildlife looked better than RDRs. And mountains too.

- He saw 'carcass' of cars in the water

- And the game overall looks slightly better than RDR

Thats it.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by Darrel, 14 May 2013 - 09:20 PM.

That Colin Moriarty preview was horribly put together. Nothing agaisnt IGN, but at least give it to the more talented writers who actually have an interest in the Grand theft auto franchise. This guy had no clue

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Cars in the water. So let's say I'm driving my 9F in the water. Will it always be there?

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 21:23)
Cars in the water. So let's say I'm driving my 9F in the water. Will it always be there?

Ahah would be pretty incredible but I don't think so assuming some of us would try to put a hundred cars in there ahha.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Am I the only one who's really excited about the musical score?

I'm really curious as to how it will work with the radio and such. From what we heard they're both available at the same time. I'm also hoping there are scripted songs from the radio that will play during missions. I remember when playing TLAD, during that mission where Ray sends his goons after you "Run to the Hills" started playing. It was so perfect I thought it was scripted, but it wasn't. It would be great to have in V though.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 20:16)
Gameblog.fr just streamed a live " questions-answers" video which I'm going to sum up.

- They say that it look just as good as in the trailers. ( same depth of field etc)
Also he pointed out that even though it wasn't a WD-PS4 category he was amazed and "slapped" by the graphics.

- The switch scroll apparently appeared on the bottom right of the screen while switching.

- Oustanding realism. He had a vertigo feeling during Franklin's jump. He saw LS during the jump ( depth of field >>)

Thats it.

NICE man!!!

But i don't understand what is meant with the switch roll?

It's kinda odd how several sources say it's not quite up there yet with the trailer's graphics and this one says it is. Ah well. If true that it looks slightly better than RDR, i am very happy. Cause we should not forget how packed and how full of content GTA V is compared to RDR. I would be immensely satisfied if this is the case. RDR still looks fantastic.

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 02:07)

Thats it.

NICE man!!!

It's kinda odd how several sources say it's not quite up there yet with the trailer's graphics and this one says it is. Ah well. If true that it looks slightly better than RDR, i am very happy. Cause we should not forget how packed and how full of content GTA V is compared to RDR. I would be immensely satisfied if this is the case. RDR still looks fantastic.

They meant that when you switch a little swtich pad appears on the screen and well it does on the bottom right of the screen lol.

Yeah I was expecting RDR graphics and that would have make me happy but slightly better? damn thats great news.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Septmbrsveryown @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 09:52)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 02:07)

Thats it.

NICE man!!!

They meant that when you switch a little swtich pad appears on the screen and well it does on the bottom right of the screen lol.

Yeah I was expecting RDR graphics and that would have make me happy but slightly better? damn thats great news.

Ooooh so not like what a lot of people expected that it appears in the middle of the screen? Interesting.

Septmbrsveryown
  • Septmbrsveryown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 10:54)
[/QUOTE]
Ooooh so not like what a lot of people expected that it appears in the middle of the screen? Interesting.

Don't think so because the weapon wheel will certainly appears on the middle of the screen like in RDR

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

icon14.gif

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (alex3 @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 11:37)

icon14.gif

And thats what I was expecting it to look like. Hopefully this will be the case. I have been playing RDR again and I have to say it still looks amazing. Just today I saw the rain and thunderstorms and I can only imagine how awesome would it be to drive your fav car in the countryside during heavy rain.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 12:53)
QUOTE (alex3 @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 11:37)

icon14.gif

And thats what I was expecting it to look like. Hopefully this will be the case. I have been playing RDR again and I have to say it still looks amazing. Just today I saw the rain and thunderstorms and I can only imagine how awesome would it be to drive your fav car in the countryside during heavy rain.

Yeah, even though i'll always take it with a grain of salt when previews say such things, it would be f*cking awesome. I remember when RDR came out and people said that the next GTA would never ever be able to look like that. And neither did i expect that, cause RDR only has a few small towns and a lot of emptyness, so it makes sense that it can look like that. But GTA V, a city full of the smallest details, people walking around, doing their thing, cars and so on, a countryside with wildlife and little towns and settlements and that's going to look like RDR or actually a bit better? Achievement unlocked by Rockstar i'd say...a HUGE achievement. And yeah, the weather conditions are f*cking awesome in RDR, right now it's raining like crazy with thunderstorms and it's just almost a work of art...nah it's a work of art.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Thats it.

I don't speak French, so let me ask you....

Was that live streamed preview shown on a PS3 or 360 ??

Just curious to know.

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 14:13)

Thats it.

Just curious to know.

P...S...3...

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Cysiek @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 15:26)
QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 14:13)

Thats it.

Just curious to know.

P...S...3...

Thanks bro icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users