GTA V International Press Previews May 2nd

1,329 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 10:14)
QUOTE (Heath_89 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 07:02)
Speaking of purchasing properties I've been wondering if you can purchase a property and use it as a means of income/revenue such as renting it out to someone
or is it just for you to save game, change clothes etc..

Because I read somewhere that you can use properties for revenue like Marinas and also purchase cab companies.

Yep i read that as well. The businesses will definitely make you money, but in what ways that is...not sure. It would be awesome as hell if you cna actually buy a hotel and have general NPCs staying there and you making some good money off it.

I would assume it would be much like the VC system. But something more creative would be awesome.

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

I hope the purchasing properties features aren't rushed in the game, like with all the other stuff that wasn't in the game in November. Sometimes I felt like the friendsship feature in IV was a little bit rushed:

Like when you took Roman to the Burger Shot, you just walk in the marker en that's it. Same goes for drinking. It felt to me like it wasn't completed as it should have been.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (maddy26 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 18:39)
I hope the purchasing properties features aren't rushed in the game, like with all the other stuff that wasn't in the game in November. Sometimes I felt like the friendsship feature in IV was a little bit rushed:

Like when you took Roman to the Burger Shot, you just walk in the marker en that's it. Same goes for drinking. It felt to me like it wasn't completed as it should have been.

Awesome quote man. I remember it, but it's just so powerful and so true.

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (maddy26 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 12:39)

First off, R* may have had property purchasing in the game for a while. Look at all the early trailers and screens. They all had a lot of "realty advertising" advertisements EVERYWHERE. They have had this in for a while....no worries

As for drinking in IV....well what would be the major dynamic to drinking? Get drunk stumble out of a bar....I mean I don't think there could be much more to it. smile.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 09 May 2013 - 03:36 AM.

I had only read and watched CVG , Kotaku and USAToday's articles, but not yet a video from a site that is from my own country, lol. Usually because i just don't bother with Gamekings, but this video was good actually. This is not incredibly new..but the way he explained it was different.

- He said that one thing he really liked is how one of the characters was dropped in the middle of nowhere by helicopter, then switched to a different character. A little later on switched back to the character in the middle of nowhere and he was actually making his way home. He really loved this and said it really makes the gameworld feel alive and that its not just about you controlling everyone and everything, it's about being part of a huge story.

- He says you can hunt. So this is yet another source talking about hunting. He's naming all the activities you can do in the game.
- Says you can go to the gym.

- Pickup hitchhikers and these come with their own funny things and consequences.

- Says there are plenty more activities but Rockstar just wouldn't say which ones.

I watched the OPM preview by the way and they talk about some tech stuff later on...basically he says that he thinks the trailers have been souped up a bit, cause the demo didn't look as incredible as the trailers, but it still looks really fantastic. So it's a few sources now saying this. But this is not the final product.

ewankirky
  • ewankirky

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thereís more exclusive Grand Theft Auto V insight, analysis, artwork and screengrabs in Edge 254, on sale from May 9;

Edge Review

Are we expecting more exclusive information today then?

Gege
  • Gege

ZoSo

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (ewankirky @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 11:19)
Thereís more exclusive Grand Theft Auto V insight, analysis, artwork and screengrabs in Edge 254, on sale from May 9;

Edge Review

Are we expecting more exclusive information today then?

I think they are just trying to sell their new issue. They know nothing more than the other magazines. Maybe they will cover a bit more than they did on the web, but those bits of info are already known by the other articles.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Anyone purchased that issue already?

UncleVlad
  • UncleVlad

Vice City Stories!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 03:16)
I had only read and watched CVG , Kotaku and USAToday's articles, but not yet a video from a site that is from my own country, lol. Usually because i just don't bother with Gamekings, but this video was good actually. This is not incredibly new..but the way he explained it was different.

- He said that one thing he really liked is how one of the characters was dropped in the middle of nowhere by helicopter, then switched to a different character. A little later on switched back to the character in the middle of nowhere and he was actually making his way home. He really loved this and said it really makes the gameworld feel alive and that its not just about you controlling everyone and everything, it's about being part of a huge story.

- He says you can hunt. So this is yet another source talking about hunting. He's naming all the activities you can do in the game.

- Pickup hitchhikers and these come with their own funny things and consequences.

- Says there are plenty more activities but Rockstar just wouldn't say which ones.

I watched the OPM preview by the way and they talk about some tech stuff later on...basically he says that he thinks the trailers have been souped up a bit, cause the demo didn't look as incredible as the trailers, but it still looks really fantastic. So it's a few sources now saying this. But this is not the final product.

I really hope the gym will be accessible. Like you can actually become bigger. But I doubt it, since it actually would be difficult to implement, like Houser said.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 11:36)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 03:16)

I really hope the gym will be accessible. Like you can actually become bigger. But I doubt it, since it actually would be difficult to implement, like Houser said.

Maybe in the next Vlad, maybe in the next GTA

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, even though they also said no properties and now look what they confirmed, i don't think we'll be able to get incredibly skinny or fat like GTA:SA. Imagine it though...being able to see a very chubby Michael, Franklin or Trevor or actually very skinny. That sh*t would be nuts.

UBIS
  • UBIS

SIBU

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

hei! how long do you think we have to wait until the official website is updated?

SirTerning
  • SirTerning

Whoopie

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (UBIS @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 17:12)
hei! how long do you think we have to wait until the official website is updated?

Until June or July, then it is only 3-2 months left and it was about the same as with GTAIV was heading for its release.

UBIS
  • UBIS

SIBU

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (SirTerning @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 17:32)
QUOTE (UBIS @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 17:12)

Until June or July, then it is only 3-2 months left and it was about the same as with GTAIV was heading for its release.

jep, thats what i thought, thanks!

UncleVlad
  • UncleVlad

Vice City Stories!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 13:57)
Yeah, even though they also said no properties and now look what they confirmed, i don't think we'll be able to get incredibly skinny or fat like GTA:SA. Imagine it though...being able to see a very chubby Michael, Franklin or Trevor or actually very skinny. That sh*t would be nuts.

That sh*t cray! Trevor on steroids would be the most terrifying thing ever.
Can you imagine a bulky Trevor with a hockeymask and a big machete slaying people in the woods devil.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 18:17)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 13:57)

That sh*t cray! Trevor on steroids would be the most terrifying thing ever.
Can you imagine a bulky Trevor with a hockeymask and a big machete slaying people in the woods devil.gif

Quite a frightening thought yes smile.gif

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 23:27)

thank you, Yeah, I believe it's MJ's most powerfull line I've heard

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (maddy26 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 19:43)

Yeah i think so too man. That man had a way of talking to people in speech, almost as if he was speaking like a president, without the lies. A lot of people don't realize how freaking smart this guy was, a lot of misunderstandings and a lot of bullsh*t opinions solely based on the tabloid media. Speaking of MJ....i'd love to hear a MJ song or two on a radio station, who knows...VC had Billie Jean! icon14.gif

.JimmyHopkins.
  • .JimmyHopkins.

"We die alone, but we live among men."

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 22:27)
QUOTE (maddy26 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 19:43)

Yeah i think so too man. That man had a way of talking to people in speech, almost as if he was speaking like a president, without the lies. A lot of people don't realize how freaking smart this guy was, a lot of misunderstandings and a lot of bullsh*t opinions solely based on the tabloid media. Speaking of MJ....i'd love to hear a MJ song or two on a radio station, who knows...VC had Billie Jean! icon14.gif

I was thinking about songs that R* already used in previous games....is there any song that you people can remember that was in more than one GTA game ? ...MJ would be awesome,also i was listening to the soundtrack of GTA SA (2pac - I don't Give a f*ck) ..that would be great if they put some old songs in the game ,which we've already connect with previous titles.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

I was on this other site and they were claiming that IGN actually said in their preview that the shooting in GTA V was like Saints Row 3. Now i didn't read the IGN preview, they simply are not worth my time, but did they actually say that? Cause....oh my...where to find the right words for this...how f*cking stupid actually are they? It has been said several times now that GTA V is using the gun combat mechanics from MP3, in no way whatsoever could it be like SR3....oh my if they actually said that.

XxPhillies26xX
  • XxPhillies26xX

"The future is in your hands"

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 10 2013, 19:54)
I was on this other site and they were claiming that IGN actually said in their preview that the shooting in GTA V was like Saints Row 3. Now i didn't read the IGN preview, they simply are not worth my time, but did they actually say that? Cause....oh my...where to find the right words for this...how f*cking stupid actually are they? It has been said several times now that GTA V is using the gun combat mechanics from MP3, in no way whatsoever could it be like SR3....oh my if they actually said that.

Remember MosquitoSmasher you can't always bash IGN the person who deserves to get bashed is the author who wrote the story. The person who wrote the story is
Colin Moriarty.

When The next round of previews comes out which will be hands on. R* will not pick him to participate in the hands on or maybe to review the game. I would expect to see a different author this time.

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 10 2013, 23:54)

I had a hardy laugh when they said that. They said (para-phrasing) "like Max Payne 3 or Saints Row: The Third"

How are the two even similar? I could be a better journalist than this Colin guy FFS.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (libertycityfilms @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 09:23)

I was thinking about songs that R* already used in previous games....is there any song that you people can remember that was in more than one GTA game ? ...MJ would be awesome,also i was listening to the soundtrack of GTA SA (2pac - I don't Give a f*ck) ..that would be great if they put some old songs in the game ,which we've already connect with previous titles.

There was a song in GTA SA that was also in GTA IV, but I don't know the name of it.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (thestoneman420 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 07:22)

I had a hardy laugh when they said that. They said (para-phrasing) "like Max Payne 3 or Saints Row: The Third"

How are the two even similar? I could be a better journalist than this Colin guy FFS.

It had the open world integrity of a Shenmue or Ms. Pac-man.

If IGN were a person I'd hurt it physically.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 11 May 2013 - 04:40 PM.

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 01:54)
I was on this other site and they were claiming that IGN actually said in their preview that the shooting in GTA V was like Saints Row 3. Now i didn't read the IGN preview, they simply are not worth my time, but did they actually say that?

IGN is just pathetic nowadays and yeah, it's not worth the time to read their previews. CVG and Game Informer are clearly better I think. By the way, that is what they really said about the shooting mechanics of GTAV:

QUOTE (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/grand-theft-auto-v-ambition-in-the-big-city)
And itís worth noting that, while I wasnít given the opportunity to actually play, itís pretty clear that the shooting mechanics are far, far tighter than they were in GTA games past, more in line with Saints Row 3 than Grand Theft Auto IV. So breathe a sigh of relief.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Wow, the guy doesn't even mention MP3? When it's clearly simply logic that Rockstar would do that? Look at RDR and then MP3, it's clear that MP3 uses a very similar mechanic, and it only makes sense that this is implemented in GTA V. The guy clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

I know that i can't always blame IGN in general for a stupid article, but you know...it's not only this guy that has been messing up bad. They were talking about previous GTA games before in some screenshot analysis and they said things that had my eyes rolling around like crazy...it was so damn obvious they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Sorry man, back in the days when they just start, IGN was awesome...IGN now is just sh*t. It's a simple word for a simple site, sh*t.

Anyway, what kind of things are we expecting next week? That GamesAktueel magazine with more screenshots probably, but that's it?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 01:13)
Anyway, what kind of things are we expecting next week? That GamesAktueel magazine with more screenshots probably, but that's it?

And XBOX360 magazine.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 09:05)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 01:13)

And XBOX360 magazine.

So the beginning of a bit of silence is not yet in sight....good good!!! smile.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:53)
So the beginning of a bit of silence is not yet in sight....good good!!! smile.gif

It's the middle of May now and we are only around four months away from the release date. I wouldn't expect news every other week but on the other hand, I don't think that there will be any lengthy silence periods anymore.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:06)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:53)

It's the middle of May now and we are only around four months away from the release date. I wouldn't expect news every other week but on the other hand, I don't think that there will be any lengthy silence periods anymore.

I just wished they uploaded the new website dozingoff.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users