• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Giant bomb preview: Link

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

This has probably been discussed before, but i haven't been on the forum 24/7, so i have missed that then smile.gif

I didn't see much previews talking about it like this but....fishing?

There's lots to do even in the wilderness. I assume Franklin, who lands and doffs his parachute, could probably grab a fly fishing rod and join the two wading in the fast moving mountain stream nearby or he could take them out and use theirs.

Hunting?

And, of course, there's more weapons to choose from, too, to accompany activities including a variety of specific mini-games such as hunting, ATM robberies, off-road racing and base jumping (as seen in GTA IV DLC game The Ballad of Gay Tony).

They mention this while talking about activities/mini-games. So hunting could really be a real mini-game perhaps..awesome.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

This quote from The Benz in the USA Today preview made me really happy.

When players are not on a mission, The Benz says, "you can dip in and out of these guy's lives on the fly, and the player will encounter unique, situations specific to the character they are playing as at the time. Each character will also have their own professional and recreational pastimes that are unique to them, which adds a lot of variety to the gameplay while keeping it in line with the narrative. At any time, the two characters not controlled by the player will not be sitting passively waiting to be reactivated, they will be getting on with their own lives. So the player might switch to Michael as he's shopping with his wife or to Trevor as he's being chased by the cops or Franklin as he's chilling in front of the TV. The player might then take Franklin out to rescue Michael from the shops and go for a drink, or help Trevor deal with the cops."

There's just so many possibilities I can imagine from that.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 07 May 2013 - 01:23 AM.

QUOTE (J-B @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 00:44)

When players are not on a mission, The Benz says, "you can dip in and out of these guy's lives on the fly, and the player will encounter unique, situations specific to the character they are playing as at the time. Each character will also have their own professional and recreational pastimes that are unique to them, which adds a lot of variety to the gameplay while keeping it in line with the narrative. At any time, the two characters not controlled by the player will not be sitting passively waiting to be reactivated, they will be getting on with their own lives. So the player might switch to Michael as he's shopping with his wife or to Trevor as he's being chased by the cops or Franklin as he's chilling in front of the TV. The player might then take Franklin out to rescue Michael from the shops and go for a drink, or help Trevor deal with the cops."

Yes! f*cking awesome, just so f*cking awesome. LOL @ rescue Michael, because he's shopping with his wife, so true, haha. Let's say i decide to take a bustour with Michael, can i then get Franklin and Trevor to the bus and enter it too, so that we have three crazies on the bustour? Or will Michael have already exitted the bus when i'm near the bus with Trevor or Franklin? I wonder if they'll start to live their own life right away as soon as i switch or if it will take a few minutes.

I also wonder what happens if i go to Michael's house with Franklin or Trevor. Can we interact with his family or will this be blocked off? Oh man, so many things to try out.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

Yes i also wonder how much interactivity we will have between protags off mission. I want to be able to take advantage of the switch feature in free roam, such as have a rampage like i usually do but this time have 3 characters to wreak havoc with.
I will be extremely dissapointed if all 3 protags paths can only meet or interact during side missions and minigames.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (GourangaMaster @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 02:13)
Yes i also wonder how much interactivity we will have between protags off mission. I want to be able to take advantage of the switch feature in free roam, such as have a rampage like i usually do but this time have 3 characters to wreak havoc with.
I will be extremely dissapointed if all 3 protags paths can only meet or interact during side missions and minigames.

Well, the part that J-B posted seems to be exactly what you are hoping for. If you are Trevor and you switch to Michael and he's shopping with his wife, we can switch back to Trevor and actually go there and get him away from shopping and go for a drink. I do wonder when we switch to Michael and we see him shopping with his wife...will he quit that activity right away if we press a button or just walk away from it? Time will tell, but it's incredibly promising. So much more promising than just one protag.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I love it, not only could we call the others to hang out, but we can go find them and hang out, now thats going to be awesome. So much to do.

Can't wait to go on a string of countryside Liquor store robberies as Trevor on a Quadbike, go cruise the city as Franklin, and put some Golf time is as Micheal, or just go explore the ocean.

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Never heard any of the reviews mention this before - 'the crazy people living off the grid in the massive forest'

Sounds like we have right-wing nut-jobs and survivalists to play with. Could be fun!

Source: Games Radar

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Nice find Grizzly! I totally overlooked the Games Radar preview

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Same Game Radar review also mentioned this... 'You'll also be able to buy and upgrade buildings and businesses'

Never heard mention of upgrading buildings and businesses. Sounds intriguing.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (the_grizzly_man @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:09)
Same Game Radar review also mentioned this... 'You'll also be able to buy and upgrade buildings and businesses'

Cant wait to found out what that upgrade means haha

CrisFormageKIFFLOM
  • CrisFormageKIFFLOM

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:34)

Im guessing you will be able to buy stuff for your homes like tvs and stuff.

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (CrisFormageKIFFLOM @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 14:14)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:34)

Im guessing you will be able to buy stuff for your homes like tvs and stuff.

I was thinking it would be like upgrading airfields to land larger planes and so on.

maybe buy a car garage and upgrade it to mod cars

Heath_89
  • Heath_89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Games Radar also mentions this,

Quote: "Grand Theft Auto V is coming sooner than you think".

Might just be that they mean September is only 4 ish months away or perhaps (I'm just speculating) R* is about to bring the release date forward?
I know that makes me look like a doofus for saying that but hey.. you can't rule out the possibility completely just yet.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Heath_89 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 15:06)
Games Radar also mentions this,

Quote: "Grand Theft Auto V is coming sooner than you think".

Might just be that they mean September is only 4 ish months away or perhaps (I'm just speculating) R* is about to bring the release date forward?
I know that makes me look like a doofus for saying that but hey.. you can't rule out the possibility completely just yet.

I think it means September 17 is obviously guaranteed. Some people think it will be delayed again, but i think this gives them a satisfaction that there is no more delays.

Heath_89
  • Heath_89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yeah you're probably right.

Either way that was by far the best preview I've read about, I've read about four of them.
Theirs seems to go a bit further in depth.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (the_grizzly_man @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:05)
Never heard any of the reviews mention this before - 'the crazy people living off the grid in the massive forest'

Sounds like we have right-wing nut-jobs and survivalists to play with. Could be fun!

Lol, maybe some crazy idiots who attack you on sight. Maybe kinda folks like in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Cool info though.

GTAFan20
  • GTAFan20

I Got This.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (J-B @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 00:44)

Do they talk to eachother when not on a mission?
Like, if I walk with Franklin to Michael, Michael will be like: "Hey Franklin, good to see you again!"
"How's life?", "The world sure is short, huh?".
Or would they even be talking about the previous missions (they've been on) you have played?
If this happen, it will make me more excited!

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 15:53)
QUOTE (the_grizzly_man @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:05)

Lol, maybe some crazy idiots who attack you on sight. Maybe kinda folks like in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Cool info though.

I was thinking crazy survivalists like the Wiki: Una Bomber dude and the wacky nut job who lived in some forest for 27 years --> crazy woods guy link

Fuckoutdawhey
  • Fuckoutdawhey

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

I guarantee when I first switch to Trevor he'll be whacking one out. R* humour.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 07 May 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Hahah

When a helicopter showed up, we heard Trevor screaming about shooting it down, and then saw that, apparently, he had gotten his hands on a rocket launcher. He fired it at the chopper and struck the tail, causing it to bank forward and land, upside down, on building. Then it blew up. And then Trevor cheered. What an absurd, beautiful creature he is. #teamTrevor, all the way.

Even though we know this now..i just LOVE this

Want a helicopter? Good--buy a helipad first. What, you were going to land it on the street? Were you raised in a barn?

And this...just me or is this a bit odd with four months of polishing left?

While it's still in development (Rockstar says that the design isn't final), the iteration of the radar we saw was drastically different from the one in previous games

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 16:23)

And this...just me or is this a bit odd with four months of polishing left?

How so? You mean because they said it wasn't final? They were probably just covering bases.

I can't believe it took all these previews before someone mentioned the HUD.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (J-B @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 12:44)

I'm not a fan of this at all.

If I'm in free roam and taking time out from a mission, I don't want to spawn into Trevor who is in the middle of a shoot out and then have to get away from the cops. That would become annoying if frequent. I just want to drive around in a vehicle.

KrankyPenguin
  • KrankyPenguin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

I don't think we will be spawning into Trevor when he is being chased. They already said you are not allowed to switch unless you have no wanted stars, so why would they force us into being wanted??

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (KrankyPenguin @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 20:44)
I don't think we will be spawning into Trevor when he is being chased. They already said you are not allowed to switch unless you have no wanted stars, so why would they force us into being wanted??

Yeah, maybe we will get some warning that the character we want switch to is currently wanted and that we maybe should wait until he is "free" again so that we can manually take him over. Or we could ignore that and still switch to him and escaping on our own.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Oh man...i'm sure we all remembe this screenshot. Imagine if we can actually just purchase this whole freaking hotel. How sick would that be? Who knows how many buyable properties there'll be, i sure hope A LOT!

user posted image

Heath_89
  • Heath_89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Speaking of purchasing properties I've been wondering if you can purchase a property and use it as a means of income/revenue such as renting it out to someone
or is it just for you to save game, change clothes etc..

Because I read somewhere that you can use properties for revenue like Marinas and also purchase cab companies.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (Heath_89 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 15:02)
purchase cab companies.

Tommy Vercetti, anyone?

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Heath_89 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 07:02)
Speaking of purchasing properties I've been wondering if you can purchase a property and use it as a means of income/revenue such as renting it out to someone
or is it just for you to save game, change clothes etc..

Because I read somewhere that you can use properties for revenue like Marinas and also purchase cab companies.

Yep i read that as well. The businesses will definitely make you money, but in what ways that is...not sure. It would be awesome as hell if you cna actually buy a hotel and have general NPCs staying there and you making some good money off it.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 22:58)
Oh man...i'm sure we all remembe this screenshot. Imagine if we can actually just purchase this whole freaking hotel. How sick would that be? Who knows how many buyable properties there'll be, i sure hope A LOT!

Hopes it comes with Valet Parking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users