» «
Photo

GTA V International Press Previews May 2nd

1,329 replies to this topic
Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Killjoy2022 @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:12)
QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:07)
Each characters' Special will be different, and unique to them. Franklin, an adrenalin junkie, has the ability to slow down time while driving. (Rockstar didn't expand on this, but it's a fair bet it'll come in handy when you're being pursued by cops and, say, need to take a last-minute, super-sharp corner to lose them.) Trevor, the game's crazy-eyed nutjob, has a frenzy mode, where he's able to do double damage, while taking only half in return. As a bonus, he also has a unique melee attack, yet to be revealed. And, finally, Michael - the career criminal - turns all Max Payne with his own version of bullet time. Special meters drain after use, and recharge slowly in the aftermath - but while activated, they're often the difference between success and failure.

whatsthat.gif

this is the one thing that's got me kind of iffy about the game.

You won't be forced to use those traits. I only used bullet time in Max Payne 3 when I was surrounded by more than 3 enemies and that game was hard as hell. There is no chance GTA V will be hard to the point where you will have to use it all the time. smile.gif

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Haha reading the comments are more enjoyable than the articles. lol.gif

______
  • ______

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

I would sell my soul to the devil if he exists for this game.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Soldier

• Members
  • None

I LOVE IT !!!! THANKS ROCKSTAR

Damn I really can't wait until september !!!! FUUUUU fk fuk

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Noeks @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:09)
ign said it looks like a litttle improved gta iv ... f*cking consoles (im a ps3 fanboy but damned why not developing for next gen and pc-.-)

F*ck IGN ! I bet Ubisoft payed them to say that .

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

It's like the PERFECT game colgate.gif

Very impressed Rockstar! Roll on September bitches

Ermac
  • Ermac

where it goe

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

The regenerating health and the specials are the only thing i'm completely opposed to. Everything else made me cream in my pants.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Gamekings.tv translation send!

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

GI Article

Pimp Your Ride

The customization doesn't end with character progression. The Pay & Spray businesses that used to serve as a quick way to fix up your car and get a new paintjob are now full custom shops. Rockstar says players can tweak both performance and aesthetics at a level on par with Midnight Club: Los Angeles.

Under the hood, you can tune the engine, improve the suspension, buy new brakes, and make other tweaks to how the car handles. Trick your engine out too much and you can overtune it, so be careful.

If you'd rather focus on style over substance, concentrate on altering the paint job, wheels, window tinting, grill, and spoiler. You can even customize your license plate.

brandrixco
  • brandrixco

I'm the GTA V protagonist BIATCH!

• Members

IGN Points of interest

Positives and Negatives

Positives:
=========

- RPG like elements, example if you drive allot your driving ability is improved
- Shooting is as good as Saints Row the Third
- Driving is reworked and feels tight
- Paid attention to detail, such as animals running in trees and such
- New Ambient soundtrack
- forgiving check points system
- each character has a unique ability making each character different with some strengths and weaknesses

negatives
============

- The graphics are unimpressive and had texture pop up problem
- Some old school gta jankiness has not been ironed out yet

Their summary:
==============

" In many ways, Grand Theft Auto V is simply more Grand Theft Auto, which is awesome in its own right. But it also does a lot of new stuff, too, that promises to freshen up the experience, make it deeper and give grizzled old veterans of the franchise new tools to play with. GTA V may not astound with its looks, but it’s certainly primed to in just about every other way, and if Grand Theft Auto V wasn’t on your radar as one of your most-anticipated games of 2013, it certainly should be. "

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Buying property? Did i read this right?

Jekay
  • Jekay

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Plus there's wild animals all about. Yes, actual animals in a Grand Theft Auto game. The presentation Rockstar gave me started with one of the main protagonists, Franklin, somewhere a mile above Blaine County. Franklin jumps out, free falls for a few seconds, and then pops open his parachute. From here, Franklin soars through the sky, and far below on the ground, I saw a mountain lion roaming about with deer grazing in the hills nearby. Like real life, the animals won't be contained just in the wild. Later in the demo, I saw a deer almost get run over in the hills of Vinewood.

<3

32brownsfan
  • 32brownsfan

This is a Tribe Town

• Members

What is the Ambient Soundtrack thing, my school has all these sites blocked other than EDGE

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

was angry that it was postponed for 5 months
MAN that was worth the wait already! The articles and screens are so impressive to read and look at… I'm hyped to the max again!!! icon14.gif biggrin.gif

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

CAR MODDING AND PROPERTY PURCHASING

F*CK YOU DEFFPONY

THEBIGZED
  • THEBIGZED

For an annoying dick, you really are an annoying dick.

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

IGN:
But GTA V does currently have GTA IV’s texture pop-in issues, and graphically, it’s unimpressive. It looks like an enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto IV with an extra sheen added, but it also doesn’t stand up to its far more graphically-impressive contemporaries. It doesn’t look five-plus years newer than the game that came before it...

Well, that's pretty goddamn harsh. Trailers and screenshots look fine. Funny also how just below that paragraph there is a screenshot with a caption saying how exceptional the lightning is in GTAV. Worth remembering that this is IGN we're talking about here too.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

QUOTE (Killjoy2022 @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 11:18)
QUOTE (cgvince @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:15)
Each characters' Special will be different, and unique to them. Franklin, an adrenalin junkie, has the ability to slow down time while driving. (Rockstar didn't expand on this, but it's a fair bet it'll come in handy when you're being pursued by cops and, say, need to take a last-minute, super-sharp corner to lose them.) Trevor, the game's crazy-eyed nutjob, has a frenzy mode, where he's able to do double damage, while taking only half in return. As a bonus, he also has a unique melee attack, yet to be revealed. And, finally, Michael - the career criminal - turns all Max Payne with his own version of bullet time. Special meters drain after use, and recharge slowly in the aftermath - but while activated, they're often the difference between success and failure.

whatsthat.gif

I agree. Things like that shouldn't really be in a GTA game.

On the other hand the previews have gotten me so hyped up.

I'm hyped, but the soul of the franchise for me is the thrill of the chase, having a button to slow time down or make you stronger just kind of kills it for me.

thankfully you won't be forced to use them so, i probably won't.

brandrixco
  • brandrixco

I'm the GTA V protagonist BIATCH!

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by brandrixco, 02 May 2013 - 04:27 PM.

QUOTE (THEBIGZED @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:23)
IGN:
But GTA V does currently have GTA IV’s texture pop-in issues, and graphically, it’s unimpressive. It looks like an enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto IV with an extra sheen added, but it also doesn’t stand up to its far more graphically-impressive contemporaries. It doesn’t look five-plus years newer than the game that came before it... 

Well, that's harsh. Trailers and screenshots look fine. Funny also how just below that paragraph there is a screenshot with a caption saying how exceptional the lightning is in GTAV

It seems that they got the short stash of the preview, because they didn't mention anything as good as CVG

Oh and btw to all who said that having RPG elements would be bad, well I'm sorry to say but you are stuck with it now haha.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

I HOPE I DONT DIE THIS SUMMER! Makes me want to reconsider my trip... lol.gif Maybe I should lock myself in my room until September.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 10:22)
CAR MODDING AND PROPERTY PURCHASING

F*CK YOU DEFFPONY

YEAH AHAHAHAH

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:18)

whatsthat.gif

You won't be forced to use those traits. I only used bullet time in Max Payne 3 when I was surrounded by more than 3 enemies and that game was hard as hell. There is no chance GTA V will be hard to the point where you will have to use it all the time. smile.gif

that's true, it's still confusing to me why they put it in.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

QUOTE (THEBIGZED @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 11:23)
IGN:

Well, that's harsh. Trailers and screenshots look fine. Funny also how just below that paragraph there is a screenshot with a caption saying how exceptional the lightning is in GTAV

Yet they praise COD every year.

f*ck IGN! devil.gif

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Dutch Gamekings.tv preview translated and summarized: http://www.gamekings...d-theft-auto-v/

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 17:16)
Gamekings.tv: GTA V preview Translation and Summary

• He started out as franklin who jumped out of helicopter right at the beginning of the demo
• Wild big game (large animals)
• hunters
• People fishing
• Underwater explorable shipwrecks
• Much bigger variety of pedestrians
• RDR like side-missions with random characters (he uses the example of a dirty looking whaled actress)
• Trevor is a biker
• All 3 protagonists have their own house, friends, social life. (No generic actions when switched out of a certain protagonists)
• Heists can turn out different depending on the way you plan them (Which is totally up to you)
• Money actually play a big role (You can buy an entire marina, if you want to use a helicopter you need to buy/rent a home with helipad)
• Sound-score (music specially made for GTA V) to add to the atmosphere
• You can get new tattoos
• Hunting is also an activity
• Off-roading is an activity
• You can rob ATM's
• Lindsay lohan ( like side-missions) Like the one on the new screenshot.
• You can pick up hitchhikers which can turn out to be positive or negative
• Flying challenges
• Multiplayer challenges
• Auto Modding confirmed: Los Santos customs (You can also boost performance, brakes like a race game)

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Everyone who bashed Rockstar should APOLOGIZE! They are so good to us!!! cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

"Like Skyrim, each of the protagonists’ skills in certain disciplines – shooting, driving, flying and so on – improves the more they are used."

I just came

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

JIZZ. JIZZ EVERYWERE. OH GAWD THIS IS SO AMAZING IT HURTS. OHHHHH GAWD SO MUCH JIZZ MY BALLS ARE DEFLATING. UHHHHHHH DJEINEIDNEHDFNRNDON *beep* *beep* *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......*

DrewyR
  • DrewyR

DrewyR

• Members

IGN? Coming from the people that give CoD a 9/10 every year...

f*ck 'em.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:23)
I HOPE I DONT DIE THIS SUMMER! Makes me want to reconsider my trip... lol.gif

Stay at home. Lock the doors!

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:20)
QUOTE (Noeks @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:09)
ign said it looks like a litttle improved gta iv ... f*cking consoles (im a ps3 fanboy but damned why not developing for next gen and pc-.-)

F*ck IGN ! I bet Ubisoft payed them to say that .

IGN are dumb dick lovers. I don't care what they say
It reads totally different in the "edge" article and the others I've read so far. Everyone was impressed that this was running on a current console

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Annoyed I've already got all the info to offer, but damn I am impressed. I am positive this will be the PERFECT GTA game. Very happy to see property purchasing, car customisation, tattoos, animals and RPG elements confirmed. Congratulations Rockstar, you have a legend in the making.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users