Quantcast

» «
Photo

Wasted Potential

47 replies to this topic
Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

If I had an older brother ad f*cked up as you then I'd probably rebel too.

You arnt helping him, or making an attempt to.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Harley @ Friday, May 3 2013, 10:59)
Look, if you can talk to him in a civil manner, make it clear you're on his side and want to help, stop exiling him and stop treating him like a criminal, then that's a start. From there you can try airing sh*t out, get him to see someone professionally, get him back on track with school, whatever. It'd get easier.
It'll only work if you sincerely want it to. Do you want a brother? I get the idea that even if I had a miracle plan to fix everything you'd still turn your nose up at it.
And yeah, it really is shameful you could be so callous to your own brother and would not want to try to help indefinitely. Your priorities are f*cked.

I've pretty much explained to you why I'm completely unable to make the first move. Either you're not listening, or you're a contrarian who gets a kick out of being indignant.

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai)

Oh yeah, it's totally my fault. Because everyone who gets a kicking from his older brother becomes a maladjusted sociopath... oh wait, no, pretty much all boys with older brothers get a few slaps from them, I've always considered it pretty tame compared to how my friends treat and/or get treated by their brothers.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Friday, May 3 2013, 08:13)
QUOTE (Harley @ Friday, May 3 2013, 10:59)
Look, if you can talk to him in a civil manner, make it clear you're on his side and want to help, stop exiling him and stop treating him like a criminal, then that's a start. From there you can try airing sh*t out, get him to see someone professionally, get him back on track with school, whatever. It'd get easier.
It'll only work if you sincerely want it to. Do you want a brother? I get the idea that even if I had a miracle plan to fix everything you'd still turn your nose up at it.
And yeah, it really is shameful you could be so callous to your own brother and would not want to try to help indefinitely. Your priorities are f*cked.

I've pretty much explained to you why I'm completely unable to make the first move. Either you're not listening, or you're a contrarian who gets a kick out of being indignant.

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai)

Oh yeah, it's totally my fault. Because everyone who gets a kicking from his older brother becomes a maladjusted sociopath... oh wait, no, pretty much all boys with older brothers get a few slaps from them, I've always considered it pretty tame compared to how my friends treat and/or get treated by their brothers.

That's not what I meant. You saw the early symptoms when he was suspended, THATS when you were supposed to put a foot in his ass saying hey not cool.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (brownbear @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 22:53)
I'm gonna be honest, you just need to kick his ass, show him he's not as big as he thinks.

This, kick his f*cking teeth in biggrin.gif

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 02:55)
That's not what I meant. You saw the early symptoms when he was suspended, THATS when you were supposed to put a foot in his ass saying hey not cool.

A teenager being suspended is not a big deal in the slightest. Nobody would have though anything of it, it's pretty hard to infer that "oh you were throwing paper planes at people and calling them fags soon you'll be throwing chairs at the wall because someone didn't put Fifa 13 back where they found it."

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Jesus, I can't believe people are actually on your brother's side.

I feel for you, man. I have a sister that was going down a similar path. She started dating this one loser guy, and started to act differently, and we grew slowly apart. She wasn't getting violent or anything to that sort, but she was becoming more and more complacent with her life, feeling disinterested in everything. We'd get into arguments about little things, then I started to discover her boyfriend was dragging her into drugs and what not. Me and my parents would always talk to her about her future, about her sh*thead of a boyfriend, and she would always act contrarian. Luckily, the problem solved itself, as she grew angrier with her boyfriend and his lack of attitude, while she decided she wanted something more out of life, and they broke up and she slowly recovered. Now I suffer from my younger brother being completely disinterested in anything but video games, but at least he's not rebellious.

I also have an uncle who is a piece of sh*t. Let aside the things he did to my cousin, abandoning him and his mother when they were young, he got himself into so many problems due to his bad ethics, cheating, scamming what have you, and never learns his lesson. And my grandfather is always there to bail him out. They talk, fight, my uncle says he'll never come visit them again, and he lays low for a month or three, only to resurface when he's in a pickle. Always asking for money for his "businesses". And my grandfather has to oblige, because he knows the sort of people my uncle has dealt with in the past, and knows things could get dangerous if he stops. Sometimes we just wish someone would put a bullet to my uncle's head and end it.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 03 May 2013 - 09:55 PM.

QUOTE (crispypistonx8 @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:05)
But If I lived with Melchior I'd probably become an extremely violent retard also.. erm  maybe just more so.

Why?

It doesn't seem like your brother is doing this deliberately; I think he has mental issues. Unfortunately until he requests your help, there is nothing you can do. Throwing him out to live on his own isn't a good idea in my opinion.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by Gst0395, 04 May 2013 - 08:09 PM.

(post deleted, I've gotten over it now)

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Friday, May 3 2013, 20:57)
Now I suffer from my younger brother being completely disinterested in anything but video games, but at least he's not rebellious.

Oh no he has different interests than you, what a loser!

What an immense suffering that must be, having your family members interested in different things than you are, oh the burden on your shoulder must be heavy.

Also, is the poster above your brother? biggrin.gif

Sounds like a perfect match.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by Gst0395, 04 May 2013 - 11:17 AM.

QUOTE (Fireman @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 11:05)

Haha, nah dude. Different person who also happens to have a crappy brother. Does seem like a match though from reading the OP's post. He probably thinks the same about me, but I'm just writing the story from my point of view.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 03:05)
QUOTE (Tchuck @ Friday, May 3 2013, 20:57)
Now I suffer from my younger brother being completely disinterested in anything but video games, but at least he's not rebellious.

Oh no he has different interests than you, what a loser!

What an immense suffering that must be, having your family members interested in different things than you are, oh the burden on your shoulder must be heavy.

Uh no, because I am also interested in games. Hence, I work in the games industry. But I guess it's easy to generalize, huh?

But I know where my priorities are, and no matter how much time I spent playing games, I didn't fault in the other areas. Unlike what he is doing, having to take years 7, 8 and 9 in school twice, and counting. Not having any ambition for a job or any interest in anything whatsoever. Heck, if he was passionate about games and wanted to do something related to it, by all means, noone would have a problem. But not even that, he just spends his afternoons and nights playing. He has been losing most of his friends as well. BUT THAT'S OK! RIGHT?

And no, he's not my brother.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 09:30)
But I know where my priorities are, and no matter how much time I spent playing games, I didn't fault in the other areas. Unlike what he is doing, having to take years 7, 8 and 9 in school twice, and counting. Not having any ambition for a job or any interest in anything whatsoever. Heck, if he was passionate about games and wanted to do something related to it, by all means, noone would have a problem. But not even that, he just spends his afternoons and nights playing. He has been losing most of his friends as well. BUT THAT'S OK! RIGHT?

I'd like to meet this guy, it sounds like me and him would get along great. Spending hours playing games sounds a lot like me right about now. What kind of games does he play, does he just play some sh*tty FPS like COD or does he play JRPGs and Survival Horror and other genres I'm interested in?

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

f*ck all of this "help your brother with counsel and carebears" sh*t. Let him spend some time in jail and be homeless for a while. That'll teach the twat.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 04:07)
QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 02:55)
That's not what I meant.  You saw the early symptoms when he was suspended, THATS when you were supposed to put a foot in his ass saying hey not cool.

A teenager being suspended is not a big deal in the slightest. Nobody would have though anything of it, it's pretty hard to infer that "oh you were throwing paper planes at people and calling them fags soon you'll be throwing chairs at the wall because someone didn't put Fifa 13 back where they found it."

You can always try blame someone else Mr Mordecai, but in the end, it's down to the individual.

I got suspended from school more than 50 times as a kid, in high school I got suspended probably no more than 10 times, I didn't become an extremely violent, angry Sociopath with no friends.

What you just said was actually pretty retarded.

f*ck all of this "help your brother with counsel and carebears" sh*t. Let him spend some time in jail and be homeless for a while. That'll teach the twat.

Because people who go to prison come out better people rolleyes.gif , and being homeless isn't going to help either. I think that's the last thing that will help actually. Being alone on the streets is going to turn you into more of a sociopath if anything.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:29)

It's doubtful someone like this would benefit from spending time homeless, hardly any one would in fact, it's not like life changing epiphanies occur often or quickly, if anything spending time in jail or on the streets would just push him further into the vicious cycle bitterness and head f*ckery.

Depending on a persons experience in Jail it can be worth while, 99% of the time it's the opposite though.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

To be honest both of you sound like c*nts, I think it would be best just to tolerate each other until you both grow older and go your separate ways in life.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'm not saying it would help the dude, but sometimes people need some damn punishment. And if being kicked out or throw in jail doesn't make you realize you need to grow the f*ck up then nothing will.

I've dealt with this kind of crap from two of my friends. Neither letting them stay nor getting kicked out worked to make them any better. So their family cut them off. Sometimes this is just how the world rolls.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 05 May 2013 - 05:56 PM.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 17:49)
I'm not saying it would help the dude, but sometimes people need some damn punishment. And if being kicked out or throw in jail doesn't make you realize you need to grow the f*ck up then nothing will.

I've dealt with this kind of crap from two of my friends. Neither letting them stay nor getting kicked out worked to make them any better. So their family cut them off. Sometimes this is just how the world rolls.

I guess so..

My mates mum kicked him out at 17 and he came and lived with me, safe to say if he didn't have a place to stay he would have gone down hill quickly, everyone needs a roof over their head. To be fair he was never down hill in the first place like the OP's brother.

My mate went to prison and claimed it was the best thing that ever happened to him, all his mates, including me however dispute this. It did nothing good for him, sure he got a flat when he got released, but that's not exactly a plus, most people get flats without going to prison. His behaviour is still the same as it was and his anger and resentment is still clear. My mate himself says he had an uncommonly nice time in prison, even shared a cell with a child hood friend, what are the odds?

I guess it all depends on the person/personality/situation/surroundings. EDIT: And i would also say it depends on how far deep into the vicious cycle of hate the person is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users