Photo

Dated?

10 replies to this topic
Macuvi
  • Macuvi

Lurking

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

I noticed SA on Xbox live, I haven't played the game since probably 2005. I'm considering purchasing it but I'm concerned about how its aged. I've bought games that I enjoyed years ago before and the simply couldn't capture that old feel again. So, my question: has GTA:SA aged like a fine wine or has it turned to vinegar?

P.s I typed this on my phone. Sorry for any spelling mistakes! nervous.gif

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Fine wine, my friend. If you can look past the graphics - which most people can - you'll have a lot of fun.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Until I die or until San Andreas discs cease to exist (whichever comes first), I will play the game rampantly. Haters may call it "old", but I call it "gold".

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 06:51)
Until I die or until San Andreas discs cease to exist (whichever comes first), I will play the game rampantly. Haters may call it "old", but I call it "gold".

I don't hate the game and I even play it now sometimes but I still called it ''old''. wink.gif

Macuvi
  • Macuvi

Lurking

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

I can for sure get past the graphics. This is unlikely, but does the game have achievement's? I think I'm going to buy it either way but it would be a plus. I'm visiting my family this weekend and this was my younger sisters first GTA, she actually beat the game before I had the chance a long time ago. I thought it might be fun to playing together again.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Why are people suckers for ''achievements'' and ''trophies'' these days. The game is rewarding by itself.

The graphics have aged terribly, but they weren't much even when it came out. I never wore a shorts just because of how ugly the leg muscles were.
But the gameplay, the atmosphere, it's all still there. Of course you can never recapture that first time, it's simply impossible with anything, but it still feels good to sit in a walton and drive around listening to K-rose biggrin.gif

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

I just downloaded it last night on xbox live. I got this huge nostalgic joy. I really can't explain it. It absolutely amazes me how far ahead rockstar is compared to other gaming developers. San Andreas gameplay in my opinion is better then some other free roam type games today. Up until last night i forget about most of the stuff in San Andreas. I can see why Rockstar delayed V to put some of the things that were in San Andreas in the game. They pushed the ps2 and xbox to their limits graphically with GTASA.

Everything about San Andreas is perfect, side mission, radio, tv, AI and story.

I'm 30 and you know what im gonna do tonight? get drunk and play San Andreas like I did when I bought it for the first time on my 21st birthday. lol

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Achievements don't really mean anything. You can say you passed SA 100% and for me it means more than some "Drove friend home in a taxi" achievement many games use these dyas.

Macuvi
  • Macuvi

Lurking

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

I ended up buying it and I'm already glad I did. I really missed all of the customization, the funny remarks from peds, and...bicycles. man I love those, so happy they are coming back in V.
I don't know if its the Xbox controller or I'm just really out of practice, but I died on one of the first missions already! I son,t remember them being that challenging before. But IV seemed so easy after I got used to the driving.
There is so much I have forgotten. Like, how the confiscate your weapons when you die, or how careful you have to be at first with your helalth. It's nice that having a homie tag along ISBN,t a completely useless feature in the begginging of the game.

Anyway, back to it!

(Typed on phone, forgive grammar!)

StarJet905
  • StarJet905

StarGen3000

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

I too felt like giving GTA SA a spin after seeing the latest trailers and info on GTA V. GTA IV somehow missed something (seriously, I don't know for sure what) that made SA so fun, and it feels great to go back to.
I'm usually not one for replaying old games for the sake of nostalgia, but this doesn't even really feel old, except for the graphics, which were of course not even so good back in the days. For someone who played the game back then, I believe that should be pretty easy to get past, anyway.

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:20 AM Edited by Calanguento, 14 May 2013 - 12:22 AM.

I bought this game on PSN about 2 weeks ago, it's so great! I'm loving playing through it again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users