Photo

Your 5 Most Emotional Gaming Moments

28 replies to this topic
brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

As the title says, what were the most emotional moments in games for you? I said 5, but you don't really need 5 I guess. But 5 if possible. No particular order necessary, order can be loose. For me it was:

1: When Roach and Ghost died in Modern Warfare 2. There were a lot of moments like this one, in particular in this game, but this was the one that you cared about most.

2: When Shepard died right at the beginning of Mass Effect 2, wasn't expecting that. The build up was intense, and the final moments were sad.

3: When you cannot escape destiny, no matter how hard you try, in Shadow of the Colossus. The video does no justice at all, and probably should be skipped because it is 30 minutes long and the player who recorded it doesn't even fight the vacuum. When you finish SotC, you get sucked into a portal into the other world, never to be seen again. It is possible to fight it, but the end result is always the same: Your hands get tired, and you get sucked in. It was incredibly intense, and a really sad way to finish the "story" that way.

4: The entirety of Ico, flashing through your head, as the end credits roll. You don't really feel the experience until you realize you just finished it. You didn't really feel the emotion, the fear, the hopelessness, until the end scene, and then the end music. You hadn't been able to let yourself be afraid, you had to save the girl. As the end credits song at the end's name states, "you were there", and it pulled every string that was waiting to be pulled, letting you know that you were in fact there:

5: The death of Roman Bellic. For what it's worth, I saw the clear choice as revenge, and I don't know what that actually says about me, considering it's mallory who dies if Roman doesn't, but yea, "Deal" made me cry my eyes out for Roman, Mallory, and Niko Bellic.

What about yours? Any we share in common? Any that should have made my list before these?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

Might want to link some of those videos instead of having them as embedded. Those are incredibly large spoilers and may ruin a lot of gamers' fun.

As for me...

5. John Marston's death in RDR
4. Most of Heavy Rain
3. When I FINALLY won Ace Combat 4
2. Moon over the Castle, Gran Turismo 4 version with choir intro
1. Seeing the TRAVESTY of NASCAR 2011 the game

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

The Walking Dead is a first game that made me cry, the ending is just... very emotional.
say Resident Evil 6 is a bad game, but Piers's death was a big suprise to me.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

The entirity of Silent Hill 2.

I'm usually not one to cry but I bawled like a baby at the end of this one... dammit James, just dammit.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by Fireman, 02 May 2013 - 10:37 AM.

Instead of everyone having to put spoilers in this thread,

either put SPOILERS in the thread title or [ SIZE=14]SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD [/SIZE] in the first post.

It's always the same games for me in these topics;

Sanitarium when Sarah dies. Sad.
Baldur's Gate II when Jaheira finds out that Khalid is dead. Sad.

Jade Cocoon when all the villagers are turned into stone. I especially like this part, because it wasn't really a moment that made you sad, but it made you depressed, which is kind of weird for a game to do.

The Walking Dead series, not only sadness but sometimes also angry at a video game character. I've had eternal hatred for Ben after him screwing up so many times that I let him die the first time I could.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

This thread is gonna be a one big 'spoilering' sh*t.

Thanks, OP, for spoiling those games for me.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Metal Gear Solid: Sniper Wolf's death.
Final Fantasy X: When Tidus finds out (a shame that they didn't at least mo-cap that scene, it looks so clunky with the in-game animations in slow motion).
The Darkness: Jenny's death.
Lost Odyssey: Lirum's death.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Red Dead Redemption: Death of John Marston

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Mafia II: When Joe starts crying because of Marty's death.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Red Dead Redemption: John Marston's death
Gears of War 2: Dom shooting his wife Maria
Gears of War 2: Ben Carmine's death via stomach insects
Gears of War 2: Tai committing suicide after being tortured by the Locust
Black Ops 2 : Shooting Alex Mason(it surprised the hell out of me)

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

5. Bully - Recruiting Biff Taylor at the end
At the beginning of the game it looked a bit like Biff was going to be a big enemy. The classical dim-wited school bully. At the end of the first layer of the game you make friends with Biff and his squad of assholes. At the end of the game, despite being so mean to Billy throughout the game, Biff decides to go all out and help Billy defeat the entire school. This is a great theme of reconciling with people whom you disagree with, and I commend the game for tackling such a harrowing subject.

4. Pokemon (Blue + Red + Green) - Killing your first Pokemon
The very beginning of the first Pokemon games make the adventure that you're about to embark on sound like an exciting safari or something like that. If that's what you were looking for you should have stuck with Pokemon Snap. When a wild pokemon attacks you for the first time you realize that you have no option but to tackle it head-on. You not only embark into a world of Pokemon, but also into a world of death and murder. Watching the pokemon faint, and realizing that you find it to be a little fun actually is probably one of the most telling moments for yourself.

3. Red Dead Redemption - Bucking your first wild horse
In the Wild West horses weren't just animals, but necessities. Having a horse in Red Dead Redemption is just as important as having a rifle. The problem with horses is that you aren't necessary for them to survive, in fact you're a parasite to them. You latch on to them, kick them with spurs, tie them to posts with dirty drinking water, and force them to gallop in the painful snow and rough mountain terrain, and for what? So you can get around a little faster!?! I chose the instance of bucking your first wild horse because in order to catch the horse you have to scope it out in the wild. Watching the horse gallop the plains so majestically and freely, and then forcing it into a life of slavery is just so tough to do.

2. Fallout 3 - Meeting the residents of Little Lamplight
The capital wasteland is a truly awful place. Whole towns were destroyed by fire-breathing ants, once friendly neighbors are forced against each other on issues such as cannibalism and genocide of undesirables, once great people are perverted into ogreish mutants. This doesn't truly hit home though until you make it to Little Lamplight. At the gates a nine year-old boy greets you with an automatic rifle. When he lets you into the community you realize that an entire class of children was abandoned underground in some sort of cave system. Children left to die, away from their parents and siblings, not sure what exactly happened on the outside. It's striking to realize that things like this can happen in the wasteland.

1. Super Mario 64 - Jolly Roger Bay
When you enter Jolly Roger bay it seems almost comforting. Kind of mystic and weird, but still comforting. Before getting here you've traversed two war zones, and you come to a small bay with beautiful music playing, and comforting wave sounds. This is all ruined though when you swim a few feet down in the water. You see a pirate ship, but not just a ship, a sunken ship. In that moment you realize that this isn't just some quiet bay to relax in. This is the first world you encounter where bowser has committed absolute genocide. The ship is empty because Bowser killed the pirates. The small cove in the side is so quiet because the residents have outright disappeared from it. Later on the ship re-surfaces, but it's even more haunting then. A ghost ship floating upon the shore of an abandoned bay, all complimented by haunting music.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 21:01)
4. Pokemon (Blue + Red + Green) - Killing your first Pokemon
The very beginning of the first Pokemon games make the adventure that you're about to embark on sound like an exciting safari or something like that. If that's what you were looking for you should have stuck with Pokemon Snap. When a wild pokemon attacks you for the first time you realize that you have no option but to tackle it head-on. You not only embark into a world of Pokemon, but also into a world of death and murder. Watching the pokemon faint, and realizing that you find it to be a little fun actually is probably one of the most telling moments for yourself.

Holy sh*t man.

I don't really have a top 5 in mind right now, but pretty much The Walking Dead as a whole had me going emotional more than usual.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

The Walking Dead. You have no soul if you don't care for the characters by the end of the game.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

I only have three in no particular order.

The Walking Dead - The only game to ever make me want to cry. I didn't, because I'm so manly.

Uncharted 3 - Where you're tripping balls and think Sully had died, I felt like Drake and refused to believe that had just happened and was so relieved when it turned out he was alive.

Pokemon Gold - When I found out after beating all the GYMs and surfing east from New Bark Town and someone tells you you've entered Kanto and that the entire region was in the game. I had a nostalgia overload... and this was only a few years after playing Red and Blue, just somehow all the good feels just flooded in, in that very moment when I checked the town map and discovered I had at least 50% more game to play.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

L.A. Noire: When Cole Phelps died. cryani.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Assassins Creed Revelations witnessing Altair's death. He was the role model of the Assassin's, and watching his story develop over the games, really created a sense of attachment to the character. And not just that, but this cutscene was beautifully done. I think a game will be hard pressed to make me feel as strongly about characters as i did about Altair and Ezio.

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Openingscene of GTA San Andreas and CJ says: 'Grove Street, home' I get emotional everytime I hear it

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

inFAMOUS 2: Good Ending and Bertrand death, with Cole, Nix and Kuo looking on with sadish music in the back ground and no more conduits
Uncharted 3: Sully's "death" despite it being not real, I was like NOOOO not Sully
Red Dead Redemption: John Marston's death, so sad to see he got back stabbed to the government

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Red Dead Redemption: Like many people mentioned here, the death of John Marston and his uncle.
GTA IV: The death of Roman shocked me, to the point where Niko suffers disillusion at the end.
LA Noire: The sacrifice of Cole Phelps to save his friend at the gushing water at the canal, that ultimately lead to his death.
God of War 3: Kratos commits suicide by impaling himself with the Blade of Olympus as a form of sacrifice to the world by releasing hope to mankind. Don't know at this point if he indeed died because his remains we're never seen again at end of credits..

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

MGS3 spoilers.

And that's the only game...

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

I don't understand people who say Sniper Wolf's death in MGS is the most emotional. It is emotional, sure, but... Hello, the whole Gray Fox and Naomi thing?

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

When Hamlet threw himself into the fire to become bacon and feed everyone in Illusion of Gaia, I burst into tears.

What an hero -ish pig.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come with me! Move it!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 11:56)
The Darkness: Jenny's death

SHE WAS A BURDEN THIS IS FREEDOM

I'm heartless when it comes to games and movies.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Jayyy-son? JAAAYSOOON? Jayson....JaySUUUUN

Maybe not. lol.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Seeing Mario go down that pipe. Tears of joy for hours. Felt so inspired.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by Mr.c TO the J, 03 May 2013 - 05:31 PM.

I'm going to break it up into gatagories my self.

Sadness:

1. Mass Effect 3 Mordin Solus' Death, first time a game made me cry was this, it hit me hard. He went out like a boss, and of course I got the IMO more meaningful singing version of the scene, which just made it like, OMG.

2. Mass Effect 3: Legion's Death, again this hit me hard. He went out to help his whole race, so to speak. A true hero. Odd that they were able to flesh him out though he got the least time to devlop in 2 compared to the other squadies.

3. Red Dead Redemtion: Obligitory John Marston's Death, didn't hit me as hard as the first two. If anything it made me angrier, not because of his death perse he went out like a boss, and R* made it play out well, but at the cercumstances, back stabing government agents, counldn't say I didn't see it coming but none the less it made me angry.

4. Resident Evil 6 Now while unlike most people I didn't hate Resident Evil 6, even though it's far from my favorite, I enjoyed it throughly. But Piers' death hit something in me, stuck a chord. Was well done IMO not the best out there, but it resonated with me so it's on my list.

5. Fallout 3: Dad's Death. Liam...Neeson...died. Now that's messed. But no besides, that, to me it gave me renewed purpose in the main quest, I actually felt for my main charictar which dosen't really happen in Bethesda games for me I guess.

Epic Moments:

1. Mass Effect 2: The Suicide mission, The Music, the mission it's self, just so much epic. When the Suicide mission track is playing chills go down my spine. A final mission has never stuck out so much in my mind to me. London in ME3 was a let down compaired to this IMO. A once in a Franchise happening.

2. Skyrim: My first random dragon fight, the Music plays, it's a full on Blizzard, I'm a whooping level 8 or 9 on my first save it's 11-11-11 and everything, got the game on midnight so far my only midnight release. But I'm there, and the music starts playingand I fight it with everything I have. I blow threw all of my potions, running arround hiding to heal occasionally, it lands a few times, I'm in it's face one last time, about to strike the killing blow...when suddenly...it goes into third person picks me up in it's Maw, and flings my ass like a rag doll. Deader than a door nail. Should have kept an eye on my health bar looking back on it.

3. Mass Effect 3: Garrus Vakarian's last speech to you on earth during the final mission. This is the single piece of Dialouge that in essence could have just made the game for me. My favorite Charictar giving me those final words, ultimate bro moment in my book, got me nearly as pumped as the suicide mission music dose, and don't even get me started on how emotional this scene becomes when you're a Female and you're romanceing him.

4. Fallout New Vegas: The final fight/encounter of Lonesome Road. Carried allot of weight to me, meeting Ulyseses under the flag of the old world. Not much I can say really, it just struck a chord with me.

5. Oblivion: The opening theme. Patrick Stewart's voice in the backround as Uriel Septim VII, my favorite actor nararateing to some of the best god damn music I've heard in my life. Just damn awesome. Oblivion was my intro into the ES series (unless you count a few minutes of Morrowind's at a friends along time ago, it's the one that got me into the series and made me go back and play the others) it was just amazing. Jeremy Soule did a great job on the Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim sound tracks, so much so that they're at the top of my list sound track wise.

6. GTA San Andreas: Beating the game for the first time, so much time and effort put into this game, it was bitter sweet I knew there was nothing more to do after this...story wise. I've put to much time into this game, nearly 1000-ish hours in SA:MP alone, but beating it the first time was th best moment I had in this game bar none.

7. Max Payne 3: In the airport when Tears by Health started playing, was epic, I rember being low on health, one painkiller, and running low on ammo, when that started thumping over the sound system, gave me that final push to go on, bullet dodgeing every which way like it was the Matrix or some s***. When it started it was some of my fancier foot work in the game, really gave a push.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Friday, May 3 2013, 15:09)
I don't understand people who say Sniper Wolf's death in MGS is the most emotional. It is emotional, sure, but... Hello, the whole Gray Fox and Naomi thing?

You got that right. Hell, even Snake's dialog with Naomi after the torture made me much more sad than Sniper Wolf's death. But I guess everyone is different and everyone's getting touched by something else.

PS: I made a spoiler for your post.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Maybe I remember it more vividly because it was more graphic. It was also for me the first time in a game where the "bad guy" characters had a story and weren't purely antagonistic to the point where you could almost see where they were coming from and be sad about their death. Out of all of them, that one was the strongest. The music, the dialogue, the setting... The whole scene was just very strong.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by Street Mix, 03 May 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Professor Layton 4's ending.

BioShock Infinite - first hour.

Back to the Future The Game. The whole game. I felt like I was watching 4th part of the movie.

GTA VC's ending.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users