Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 4 camera "lag", not exactly lag but...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
Jaskaran498
  • Jaskaran498

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Jaskaran498, 01 May 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Hello all.
Strange title huh?
well its true. Let me detail it.
My pc specs->
Intel core i7 3770k.
Nvidia titan (zotac)
8 gb corsair vangeance ddr3 ram
samsung 840 pro ssd (thats where i run game from).
Windows ultimate x64
ok. I applied patch for version 1.0.7 hoping it would fix it, it didnt.
I tried running the trick (before starting game, run benchmark), it didnt work.
Ps, though i have pirated version (dont get too sentimental please, first read forward!!!)
it worked perfect when i had my old pc with windows xp sp3.
But now, when i start game, this problem occurs-> (especially while driving in car).
The motion is not smooth, i mean, it doesnt lag, but its like the car moves a little backward and them more forward and them again some backward and then forward and this even happens when rotating camera with mouse (hope you got what i mean). Its not just car but whole game.
Please tell me a fix.
PS-> I also have gta episodes from liberty city installed along and it works perfect.

Kstopskie
  • Kstopskie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hello everyone, I have the licensed version of EFLC and have the same problem,
it's like my computer could not master the graphics, although i'm not running at high performances (only 400 MB of 2GB of my videocard is used)

Windows 8 64 bit (run as 7)
core i7 3630QM
AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2GB)
8 GB Ram

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

Did you mean Drunken camera?
Is it like in this video?

Skip to 1:15

Kstopskie
  • Kstopskie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

I cant load the movie right now. It happens when you ride fast, you will see the whole environment moving, but not very smoothly as it should be. Its comparable like you're watching a youtube movie and it has to buffer.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

But now, when i start game, this problem occurs-> (especially while driving in car).
The motion is not smooth, i mean, it doesnt lag, but its like the car moves a little backward and them more forward and them again some backward and then forward and this even happens when rotating camera with mouse (hope you got what i mean). Its not just car but whole game.

That is caused by an illegal game version-it is an anti-piracy measure. The ONLY fix is to BUY the game legitimately to get rid of the problem. Since the game is less than $15 now a days, it is dirt cheap, so there is NO reason to NOT buy the game either from Steam OR D2D(the legal downloads) OR the DVD copy from any store(Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Gamestop, Amazon) OR their online stores.

GTAForums has a strict NO-Warez policy, so until you buy the legal game we cannot help you. However a legal game WILL get rid of the problem.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 21:49)

That is caused by an illegal game version-it is an anti-piracy measure. The ONLY fix is to BUY the game legitimately to get rid of the problem.

GTAForums has a strict NO-Warez policy, so until you buy the legal game we cannot help you. However a legal game WILL get rid of the problem.

Actually this is NOT true, radioman. Shaking camera also activated on systems where Bitdefender blocks SecuROM from checking the legitimacy of the game. If this is the case here it can be simply fixed by adding game to antivirus' safe database.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:14)
QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 21:49)

That is caused by an illegal game version-it is an anti-piracy measure. The ONLY fix is to BUY the game legitimately to get rid of the problem.

Actually this is NOT true, radioman. Shaking camera also activated on systems where Bitdefender blocks SecuROM from checking the legitimacy of the game. If this is the case here it can be simply fixed by adding game to antivirus' safe database.

I remember that, however, the OP admitted he has an illegal game
Ps, though i have pirated version (dont get too sentimental please, first read forward!!!)
So, that is more than likely the cause in this case. Other wise, I would have mentioned about the Bitdefender/AV issue. smile.gif

I know you know what you are talking about, you have helped many people around these forums in the past. smile.gif

Also, just saw someone else used this topic for roughly the same issue-this could be true in his case, however, so we will have to wait and see if that is the case with his game?

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

My bad I missed that part he mentioned. In this case that was the cause.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

@Kstopskie: Please start a new topic. Don't hijack someone else's topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users