Character Development

5 replies to this topic
johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

This morning I been dreaming about what self-development we might see with each character when we play V. I really want to see the characters change in a huge way by the end.

Trevor comes into this a crazed, drug addicted, sociopath. I hope by the end of the story Trevor cleans up his act near the end. Wow just reading that sentence sounds silly. Is that even possible? But I would like to see him maybe get a real job like owning a car dealership out in the sticks. OR something business oriented other than drugs. Can he expect to live on drugs his entire life and not die before his 60's? I don't think so. Maybe Michael's influence/lifestyle rubs off on him and he decides to clean him self up. Unless all Trevor wants is to kill fight and snort drugs instead of something bigger in life?

Franklin I think wants to secretly leave the hood and maybe get a better life. Lamar however wants him to stay "its our heritage". I like this story and I want to see Frankie move up in the world. Come to think of it I think Michael's lifestyle may rub off on Frankie more since they share a father son relationship. Maybe that's why he wants to leave? When he meets Michael in the story he sees the better life outside the hood.

Michael's character I think has the most potential for change. I hope he suddenly becomes arrogant once his bank heists go off and it starts to go to his head where by the end hes addicted the thrill of making money and he becomes like some kind of ticking time-bomb. Where he starts taking more and more risks to the point where he endangers his familys life and hes blind to the fact he loves crime more than his family. Ok maybe not exactly like that but you get my drift. I want to see some major change in the characters at the end.

What changes would you like to see each character make by the end or would you rather they stay the same?

Liberty2k7
  • Liberty2k7

Welcome to Burger Shot, Mo' F**kaa!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 09:17)

Michael's character I think has the most potential for change. I hope he suddenly becomes arrogant once his bank heists go off and it starts to go to his head where by the end hes addicted the thrill of making money and he becomes like some kind of ticking time-bomb. Where he starts taking more and more risks to the point where he endangers his familys life and hes blind to the fact he loves crime more than his family. Ok maybe not exactly like that but you get my drift. I want to see some major change in the characters at the end.

Walter White? Haha that whole description of Michael just reminded me of Breaking Bad. I think we could expect to see a lot of character development. I especially see Michael going down a path of violence and anger, definitely! They are 3 completely different characters as well, will make for probably the most interesting GTA storyline ever.

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

I just find it hard to understand what the plot will be....

Tyler
  • Tyler

This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

It's not much of a secret that Franklin wants out. Everyone hounds him for acting like they should rise up for some reason. I think by the end of the story Franklin's gang might be all but destroyed, and Franklin will be forced to leave the hood.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Michael's not as "cool" as he seems. I sense an angry middle-aged man. I think there's more to him.

Franklin wants to get out, i'll agree with you there.

Trevor? I dunno, i sense there's something else about him, something in his past or something he's hiding. It'd be interesting to see how it all pans out

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Liberty2k7 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 09:24)
QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 09:17)

Walter White? Haha that whole description of Michael just reminded me of Breaking Bad. I think we could expect to see a lot of character development. I especially see Michael going down a path of violence and anger, definitely! They are 3 completely different characters as well, will make for probably the most interesting GTA storyline ever.

Yes. I'm rewatching to recap for the last season. Must have slipped out there. biggrin.gif

OT:
Michael and anger and violence would be great to watch. But Trevor is the odd one out for me. I just cant see him changing at all near the end. Will he wipe his bottom and get a real job? He seems too out there and wild that he could change majorly. His instincts and philosophy on life must get more deeply ingrained in his brain with each snort of cocaine. Makes me remember that comment Dan Houser made about Trevor when he was surprised where he came from. He was the last character to be created after the others. Trevor is indeed a special guy.

Trevor surely has issues that needs working out as everyone does. Are they drugs for him or is he happy snorting? Lack of a woman in his life or is he happy single? Too much violence? Awkward in social situations or is he happy using baseball bats as a handshake? Just what is his deal??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users