For the love of TrafficRules

24 replies to this topic
Luuno
  • Luuno

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

I am sure we all drove by the traffic rules at least once in a previous GTA. For the roleplayers or just the people who want to act like a realist, it seems that we can drive by the rules now, without other cars aggresively wanting to surpas us.

Im not a role player myself, but an occasionally "drive by the rules" i do. And its so annoying that when you stop at a red light, traffic goes banana's

We seen some shots of michael driving through tthe hills, and trevor in sandy shores,

Do you think R* fixed it this time?

Cheers

JPichay
  • JPichay

Ice Ice Baby

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

I'm just hoping Rockstar finishes the bugs and issues concerning realistic driving. Since the past GTAs, every NPC-driven vehicle drove at the same speeds, which made the driving and cruising experience a bit dull in my opinion. There should be a greater police patrol presence in the streets and freeways, as well as adjusting the traffic lights that aren't so tall and placed reasonably at an adjacent crosswalk for easier viewing. I hated the traffic light mechanism in GTA.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Instead of being pulled over or getting a wanted star for potential traffic violations, they should just sound-flash a police siren the moment anyone starts breaking the law or starts veering into different lanes without proper signaling. This will make sure people obey traffic laws.

Ive had police do this in real life, and honestly its better than getting a ticket, and even better because I actually drive better after a warning, than an outright lights flashing traffic stop. You know that quick "pwwwooop!" Ive either been speeding or driving too far over to 1 side of the road and had cops sound flash their siren and I couldnt be a more aware and cautious driver in that moment because of it.

As opposed to if I got pulled over and got in a car crash because I was shaken up for not knowing why I was being pulled over. You all think its a joke but emergency lights can traumatize people. It can have both immediate and long lasting effects. Thats why a simple police siren sound flash would work a lot better than getting a flashing blue and red star the moment you do anything wrong.

Rollin
  • Rollin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Well there's a pretty simple walk around in IV to avoid being rear ended when waiting in traffic, just inch your car forward every 6 seconds or so and you should have no problem.

Though I hope R* fixed it this time so its not annoying.

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

I hope so
I also want to be able to drive the same speed as the NPCs inlove.gif

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

I think we may get stars for running lights and violating traffic laws..

or it could be an option maybe?

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Luuno @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 08:34)
Im not a role player myself, but an occasionally "drive by the rules" i do. And its so annoying that when you stop at a red light, traffic goes banana's

Lol! Yeah, annoying!! I'm also guilty of tryin to drive realistically sometimes, and it's so annoying when some stupid ass drives into my newly painted Infernus when I stop at a red light! Or when cars suddenly stop in front of me when speeding on the highway!!!!!!!!

So hopefully in GTAV, better traffic and less stupid driverzzzz smile.gif

Luuno
  • Luuno

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (evoluon--720 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 07:30)

That would be awesome!!

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

I don't want a traffic rules sim or anything like that, but I certainly want better traffic AI. And as mentioned, sensible traffic light locations.

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

in gta iv if you move forward and backward a little bit the assholes behind you wont try and get in front of you.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

V shoud have some "light" traffic rules aply like
one star for hiting another vehicle when cop see it and one star (or maby new half star that you can get rid after paying the ticket) if you drive on red light also when cop see it.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

i think i tried once to obey the traffic system and gave up after 5 seconds.

smashing and killing is my method of driving.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

The only thing I didn't like about the 3 trailers were the slooow speeds that the traffic was moving at.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

That would be great!

sddales
  • sddales

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

The traffic lights have been moved to sensible locations this time. That much is obvious from all the trailers and screenshots. Also with the addition of signage and turning lanes, it actually looks like a functioning city that could have real traffic patterns.

Better yet, if traffic is programmed to follow all these new bits, it looks like traffic may flow a lot smoother than previous GTAs.

Hotband
  • Hotband

Cheesehead

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Luuno @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 01:34)
without other cars aggresively wanting to surpas us.

That alone pretty much ruined the experience of driving normally.

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (MassacreGTA @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 10:32)

That would be great!

Why is everyone saying this is great? No it isn't. That's what you call bad realism. It will be nothing but an annoyance. As a toggle-able option, maybe. But by default in the game, no. Just no. As for the driving in traffic, I have drove by the rules a few times, and it is annoying.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

As long as cars don't try to pass me and 20 don't spawn when I look backwards, I'll be happy.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I an I

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 07:07)
Instead of being pulled over or getting a wanted star for potential traffic violations, they should just sound-flash a police siren the moment anyone starts breaking the law or starts veering into different lanes without proper signaling. This will make sure people obey traffic laws.

Ive had police do this in real life, and honestly its better than getting a ticket, and even better because I actually drive better after a warning, than an outright lights flashing traffic stop. You know that quick "pwwwooop!" Ive either been speeding or driving too far over to 1 side of the road and had cops sound flash their siren and I couldnt be a more aware and cautious driver in that moment because of it.

As opposed to if I got pulled over and got in a car crash because I was shaken up for not knowing why I was being pulled over. You all think its a joke but emergency lights can traumatize people. It can have both immediate and long lasting effects. Thats why a simple police siren sound flash would work a lot better than getting a flashing blue and red star the moment you do anything wrong.

They have this to a limited extent in IV. If you run a red light in front of a cop car, they will sound flash you with said "pwwwooop". It doesn't happen every time though.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Friday, May 3 2013, 16:06)

They have this to a limited extent in IV. If you run a red light in front of a cop car, they will sound flash you with said "pwwwooop". It doesn't happen every time though.

That is actually the police honking at you.

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by johncs154, 03 May 2013 - 11:09 PM.

I think we should have separate buttons for break and reverse.. The traffic in the past always went nuts because our break lights did not stay lit (which made traffic honk or try to go around". It makes sense because if we held the break we'd go into reverse and mess up our car. I was thinking the Break button would work solely as a break until another "look back" button was pressed that way our break lights stay lit.. What do you guys think of this?

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Don't they already do this in IV. I'm not sure, but I tried it once when I noticed a police car doing that when I ran a red light. So I turned around and starting driving on the sidewalk near it, doing donuts and such.. stuff that's technically illegal but doesn't get you a star. It seemed to flash every time I did something, could still be coincidental but it was uncanny.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

lol I remember when I tried doing this in IV. Ended up with 5 stars in a staircase after being pissed off.

UberVIIX
  • UberVIIX

I got your girl sucking on that kumquat juice...

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Call me crazy but 95% of the time (when not in mission) I drive as I normally would in real life. It makes the game last longer for me and feels more "real" to me...

Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

I drive like there are traffic laws.. it helps with immersion. I would LOOOVVVE to see a hardcore mode. where you have to fill gas tank, eat, sleep, and cops will react to speed limit, traffic lights, and when you smash into other cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users