Quantcast

» «
Photo

This Generation

53 replies to this topic

Poll: What game company dominated this generation of games (145 member(s) have cast votes)

What game company dominated this generation of games

1. Rockstar (59 votes [44.03%])

Percentage of vote: 44.03%

2. Ubisoft (17 votes [12.69%])

Percentage of vote: 12.69%

3. Activision (24 votes [17.91%])

Percentage of vote: 17.91%

4. Bungie (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Epic games (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Sucker Punch (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Naughty Dog (6 votes [4.48%])

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

8. Insomniac (0 votes [0.00%])

9. 343 industries (1 votes [0.75%])

Percentage of vote: 0.75%

10. 2K Games (2 votes [1.49%])

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

11. EA Games (16 votes [11.94%])

Percentage of vote: 11.94%

12. Deep Silver (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Capcom (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Ninja Theory (0 votes [0.00%])

15. THQ (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Sega (3 votes [2.24%])

Percentage of vote: 2.24%

17. Valve (2 votes [1.49%])

18. Bethesda (2 votes [1.49%])

19. Other (2 votes [1.49%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:49 AM Edited by billy james, 01 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

Ever since that ass monkey Champ Chong said Activision and Cod dominated this gen (Which is complete sh*t if you ask me), I've been wondering who did Rule this gen of gaming

THQ may be out of business but they still made a lot of games that were "good"

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

I was going to go with R* because that's which company I have the most games from this gen...

But then I went with Ubisoft and their fantastic Assassin's Creed series and Driver San Francisco

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

billy james, we all love GTA. But you can't doubt that the COD series rules this gen. They had a f*ckwad of games and all of them are really popular. I too, hate COD, but you have to admit this. But then again, it's personal preference.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

Activision. To deny the success of the COD franchise would be imprudent. Like it or not, Call of Duty changed gaming forever, for better or worse.

Ubisoft is a close second, their success and rapid growth are unmatched in the industry.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

I see I'm the only one abiding by the topic, rather than picking my favourite developer. We all know EA dominated this gen. Its kind of hard for them not to, considering CoD is the world's best selling franchise and they have tonnes of games & developers.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:54)
I see I'm the only one abiding by the topic, rather than picking my favourite developer. We all know EA dominated this gen. Its kind of hard for them not to, considering CoD is the world's best selling franchise and they have tonnes of games & developers.

EA did not produce Call Of Duty.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

I'm going to go with Naughty Dog, they haven't made a sh*tty game this gen. Plus all 3 games released have been universally praised and are noted for pushing the PS3, like no 3rd party dev could. Also The Last of Us, seems to heading in the right direction too.

Sales wise? Of course Activision wins hands down.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Depending on how V does sales wise this might weigh the market and the overall generation in general in Rockstar's favour, if it doesn't sell out exceptionally well it's a given that Activision has dominated the gaming world this generation.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

I personally would go with Ubisoft.(Excluding Rockstar which is pretty obvious on a GTA Forum) but if you look at it on paper(regarding sales) I have to say Activision with the CoD series. I like the CoD series, But I play them only for the story.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

This has to be Activision. You've gotta admit that they were VERY successful.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I seriously have to look through wikipedia to see what was developed by who and when.

This generation was pretty damn long.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'm surprised 2K games hasn't got more votes, what did they make
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
NBA series
Spec Ops The Line
Borderlands 1 & 2

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 10:14)
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
NBA series
Spec Ops The Line
Borderlands 1 & 2

I guess publishing games should get some credits but imo developing games is more important.

2K didn't develop Borderlands for example, but they did publish it.

Tyler
  • Tyler

It's you

• Unknown

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'd definitely say Activision or EA. Although, EA's recent layoffs have come in this generation so that might spell what the next generation will look like for them. I might have said THQ, but we know what happened there. I'd say this generation is definitely the Call of Duty age, given that they thrived and saw their golden age (in the sales sense) on xbox360 and PS3. Hopefully they don't have a similar hold on the next generation, but who's to say?

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

It depends on what you mean by ruled. Sales wise I would go with EA and Activision, but for quality games I would choose Rockstar, Ubisoft, and Bungie.

Mar
  • Mar

Pino no Usagi

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 05:14)
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
NBA series
Spec Ops The Line
Borderlands 1 & 2

icon14.gif

As of recently 2K games has been coming out with some really good stuff. I love Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite and just played Spec Ops and loved that too.

Although, I took the question as in 'who has the most power/most games/most money to influence the generation.'

So, I answered EA, even though I absolutely despise them, especially how they manage to take my money every months by repurchasing full games that could just be DLC content. But f*ck, I loved the Mass Effect series, and EA pushed them out.

Rockstar falls shortly behind, because they do push out a bunch of titles (Not nearly as much as EA) and those titles are almost ALWAYS completely f*cking awesome. With the exception to LA Noire, not really my taste.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 05:15)
I was going to go with R* because that's which company I have the most games from this gen...

But then I went with Ubisoft and their fantastic Assassin's Creed series and Driver San Francisco

Driver San Francisco was a travesty.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by corvettelover, 01 May 2013 - 03:08 PM.

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 13:13)

Was not.

You just have to like cars to enjoy it. If you don't like cars I don't know why you'd buy a game called Driver anyways.

Voted wrong, I thought it said who ruined and voted Activision, had I read it right (ruled) I would have voted EA or Rockstar.

What the hell is with people thinking Call of Duty is from EA?? I see it all the time, especially in the hate EA threads, people always bringing COD up as their reason for hating EA.

Read the damn game box.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 15:05)

Was not.

You just have to like cars to enjoy it. If you don't like cars I don't know why you'd buy a game called Driver anyways.

Was so, literally, it really was.

I like cars/car games and have been a fan of the series since Driver 1/2. Driver 1 and 2 being my favourite games of the time, and still some of my favourite games, pure classics.

Unfortunately ever since Driver 2 the series has been going down hill, and Driver San Francisco was the biggest fail of the series. sh*t graphics, sh*t/cheesy voice acting, child like gameplay, bullsh*t teleporting abilities, seriously, how can anyone take Driver seriously now days.

Driver used to be a serious game, not any more.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

I would say that Activision ruled the previous generation (COD 1 - WaW).
Yes I know they sold a lot of copies, but I think people bought it, just "to be with" others. So they can follow story-line, etc. The COD-games are good, but were better back then.

But I don't know what to chose, because all companies have there own good games:
Naught dog for the Uncharted, EA games with Crysis and Battlefield, Ubisoft with Assassins creed, Activision with COD, 2K with Bioshock Infinite, R* With GTA IV (and soon V)...

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 15:40)
QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 15:05)

Was not.

Was so, literally, it really was.

I like cars/car games and have been a fan of the series since Driver 1/2. Driver 1 and 2 being my favourite games of the time, and still some of my favourite games, pure classics.

Unfortunately ever since Driver 2 the series has been going down hill, and Driver San Francisco was the biggest fail of the series. sh*t graphics, sh*t/cheesy voice acting, child like gameplay, bullsh*t teleporting abilities, seriously, how can anyone take Driver seriously now days.

Driver used to be a serious game, not any more.

I thought the game was great, it had a great car selection, fun storyline, fun police chases and some great races.

Anyway, I will have to say EA.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

EA started strong, but squandered their power through countless controversies. I would say EA suffered one of the biggest downfalls in this generation, just short of THQ.

Rockstar has stayed very consistent with quality, but that is just one metric.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

#1 - Rockstar Games

OTHER - Naughty Dog, Ubisoft, Activision, EA & Rocksteady Studios.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (agent17 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 12:04)
I would say EA suffered one of the biggest downfalls in this generation, just short of THQ.

Have to agree with this. They've had numerous layoffs, won the Worst Company in America award two years in a row, their stocks plummeted, they invested $300,000,000 into Star Wars: The Old Republic which promptly flopped and is now free to play... they really did not do well in this generation.

If we're talking about financial success, Activision is the clear cut winner. There's just no denying that.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Difficult choice, both R* and Ubi made excellent games this generation, that pushed them to the limits with awesome gameplay.
  • Tyler likes this

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 11:05)

Was not.

Voted wrong, I thought it said who ruined and voted Activision, had I read it right (ruled) I would have voted EA or Rockstar.

What the hell is with people thinking Call of Duty is from EA?? I see it all the time, especially in the hate EA threads, people always bringing COD up as their reason for hating EA.

Read the damn game box.

EA publish that sh*t. They're just as responsible as Treyarch/Infinity Ward. Plus, its EA that pulls those shenanigans such as online passes, micro transactions, and day 1 DLC.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 18:40)
EA publish that sh*t. They're just as responsible as Treyarch/Infinity Ward. Plus, its EA that pulls those shenanigans such as online passes, micro transactions, and day 1 DLC.

EA Games does not have any ties at all to the Call of Duty series. You're thinking of Activision.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

f*ck me.. I read it as "Who ruined it?"

I voted EA Games...

I wish to re-vote for Rockstar,
That being said, expand your list a bit.

Lastly, Rockstar basically started this Gen with GTA IV, and they're going to end it with GTA V.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

GTA IV made me buy a 360. So Rockstar.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

This generation isn't quite dead yet. We still have 4 new games coming that will change everything...

GTA V, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, and The Last of Us. I'm pretty sure Rockstar is going to win. And although I don't like Ubisoft much, I'll say they'll get second place with Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users