Photo

The III era protagonists have returned

41 replies to this topic
Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 04:17)

we're in the HD Era.

this sh*te...the "eras" don't mean diddly, regardless of what R* & fanboys say. There's no rules & it's their game & the can do whatever they want in spite of what they say to the public. No corporation is goin to be 100% honest especially if they wanna keep people guessin & surprised.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Cj is like Franklin? Thanks for clearing that up, because before you told me that I was 100% sure Franklin was just like Cluade, Especially the similarities between skin colour.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 05:05)
Dan houser has already admitted in an interview that the premise of the game is to have three characters with intertwining stories, only do it better than in IV/EFLC. So the game is basically Niko, Johnny and Luis except they all inhabit the same gamespace.

NIKO, LUIS? Ughhhhhh no. suicidal.gif

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 06:46)
How can Tommy and Michael be similar? Tommy did his time without ever naming names - despite knowing that Sonny set him up. Michael snitched on his friends at the first sign of trouble. Plus, Michael is far more personable than Tommy, who seemed to hate everyone he met - even those who tried to help him.

Likewise, Franklin is nothing like CJ. Why? Well, it's simple - Franklin doesn't seem to give a sh*t about where he comes from or even have much loyalty to his friends. He wants to drop them like a bad habit and move up in the world. CJ was very loyal to his family and friends and really had the small-minded ambitions and outlook of a typical street criminal.
Franklin seems far more ambitious than CJ and I'm willing to bet he's a far, far crueler man - if he makes a habit of letting his dog maul people.

Completely different characters.

CJ actually tries convincing sweet to leave Grove street/that whole area, so you're wrong.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 08:19)
CJ actually tries convincing sweet to leave Grove street/that whole area, so you're wrong.

No, I'm not.
CJ tried to be a businessman whilst Sweet was in jail - but when Sweet got it, CJ heeded his advice and started focusing more on the streets. Point is, CJ may have wanted to be something more than a street thug, but he was too loyal to his brother for that to ever happen.

But thanks for needlessly bypassing everything else I said to insult me.

JG33
  • JG33

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 02:55)
I mean, let's break this down here.

Michael is just tommy vercetti if he moved, changed his name, and settled down with a family.

Franklin is CJ with a slightly different face structure and less gangster cheese in his speech. Same gang but with a different name, same neighborhood but with a different name and street layout, same general attitude.

I swear the most original guy here is trevor, because rockstar never threw in a crazy redneck as a protagonist in a GTA game before. Even then he still kind of reminds me of johnny klebitz but with less biker and more trailer park.

I still look forward to playing their stories, but it seems all you need to do to cross the quantum dimensional rift that apparently exists between eras is slightly change your name and appearance or be an unimportant radio character in the previous era (Chris Formage was on Entertaining America in SA).

Again, still really looking forward to the game.

CJ would be 50...

Vercetti would be 60...

You make no sense... If anything Franklin would be CJ's (or maybe even Sweet's) son, however CJ does not exist in this universe.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 01:46)
How can Tommy and Michael be similar? Tommy did his time without ever naming names - despite knowing that Sonny set him up. Michael snitched on his friends at the first sign of trouble. Plus, Michael is far more personable than Tommy, who seemed to hate everyone he met - even those who tried to help him.

Likewise, Franklin is nothing like CJ. Why? Well, it's simple - Franklin doesn't seem to give a sh*t about where he comes from or even have much loyalty to his friends. He wants to drop them like a bad habit and move up in the world. CJ was very loyal to his family and friends and really had the small-minded ambitions and outlook of a typical street criminal.
Franklin seems far more ambitious than CJ and I'm willing to bet he's a far, far crueler man - if he makes a habit of letting his dog maul people.

Completely different characters.

I agree. Only surface-wise can we really draw any similarities. Micheal sorta looks and sounds like Tommy and shares a few superficial similarities with Tony Soprano, but that's about it. Same with Franklin regarding CJ. Trevor might be inspired a little by Marty, Phil Cassidy and even Jack Nicholson, but if anything, his sociopathic tendencies lean more towards those of Tommy and Tony Cipriani.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:03 AM Edited by Gst0395, 01 May 2013 - 09:06 AM.

Obviously not the same characters, but they do seem similar. They share some similarities with GTA IV protagonists as well. Micheal is like Niko (trying to leave behind a life of crime for a better life but gets sucked back in), Trevor is like Johnny (rough-voiced psychopath who is part of a biker gang or lives close to one anyway) and Franklin is like Luis (young black/latino hustler who is getting involved with street crime by his friends and wants out).

rjmthe2nd
  • rjmthe2nd

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Michael = Tommy Vercetti and a little mix of John Marston.

Franklin = CJ And Luis Lopez

Trevor = Phil Cassidy...

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

To me...

Frank=A mix of CJ+Luis

Michael=A mix of Tommy(After he 'won')+Toni

Trevor=A mix of Tommy(before he 'won')+Johnny+Claude(player causing mayhem)

Thats how I personally see it.

NicoandLuis
  • NicoandLuis

I can't keep calm, I'm Russian

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:38 AM Edited by NicoandLuis, 01 May 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Trevor is just like Marty from VCS

And no, they didn´t return

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm using tin foil to protect my brain from the stupidity from the OP.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users