Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is There a way to Cap Vice City at 60 FPS?

9 replies to this topic
Shpati
  • Shpati

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Hi, I play Vice City with Frame Limiter disabled so I can get higher frames. It makes the game look MUCH better than playing at 30 FPS with frame limiter enabled. The only problem is that my laptop renders the frames way to fast, which causes glitches in the game and causes my laptop to overheat sometimes.

I played with frame limiter off glitch-free on one of my old desktops. I believe the reason I was not getting the glitches was because my old desktop would not go over 90 FPS, while my newer laptop can go as high as 200 FPS.

I already tried forcing vertical sync through my ATI Video Driver. It did not work. The menu does not go over 60 frames, but while playing I still get really high FPS.

Is there a way I can manually adjust Vice City for it not to go over 60 FPS at all? Via a config file? mod?

Also, while I am here, where can I edit the gamma? I know how to do brightness, but I am trying to turn down the gamma a little bit. Is there a config.txt file for Vice City anywhere to edit this?

clusterz
  • clusterz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

This FPS adjuster works: http://www.gtagaming...city/tools/3069

A little fiddly since it needs the game to be open before applying change (and you have to do it every time ) so you have to alt tab and the game doesn't like alt-tabbing very much. But it works.

Shpati
  • Shpati

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (clusterz @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 13:56)
This FPS adjuster works: http://www.gtagaming...city/tools/3069

A little fiddly since it needs the game to be open before applying change (and you have to do it every time ) so you have to alt tab and the game doesn't like alt-tabbing very much. But it works.

Thanks for that man, but it did not really work. It would slow the game down to keep the game at 60 fps. Wasn't really that good.

Anyway, I thought I would post back to let everyone know of an alternative solution i figured out. I have an ATI driver, so via the Catalyst control center, I increase the graphics quality for GTA Vice City. x24 AA Edge Detect, x16 anisotropic filter, super anti aliasing. By increasing all the graphics settings, the game will naturally have a lower fps. Now I stays at 70-80 fps in stead of the 150 fps it used to get. the game does not glitch nearly as much, it looks much better, and my laptop will not overheat.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Tried this modification instead? It uses stock VC frame limiter:

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=15178

Shpati
  • Shpati

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 11:35)
Tried this modification instead? It uses stock VC frame limiter:

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=15178

I don't think I know how to use this one.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Here, I just made the mod ready for use so it does what you need for you, installation: extract the zip contents into your vice city game direction (so that cleo folder path is like this: your hdd/VC directory/cleo ), then run the game and the effects should immediately apply, I'm sending the link on your PM since I don't want too many people to use it on VC-MP since that's cheating (the multiplayer client)

MindKIller77
  • MindKIller77

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:29 PM Edited by MindKIller77, 16 September 2014 - 09:30 PM.

Here, I just made the mod ready for use so it does what you need for you, installation: extract the zip contents into your vice city game direction (so that cleo folder path is like this: your hdd/VC directory/cleo ), then run the game and the effects should immediately apply, I'm sending the link on your PM since I don't want too many people to use it on VC-MP since that's cheating (the multiplayer client)

Could you please send it to me? Been struggling with my Steam GTA VC for days now.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

SA and VC Android mission helper.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:34 PM Edited by HeroBrineR007, 16 September 2014 - 09:35 PM.

Or turn frane limiter off. ;)

MindKIller77
  • MindKIller77

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Or turn frane limiter off. ;)

You're obviously not familiar with the issue. Without the framelimiter cars can't reverse, they also stop very quickly if you release the accelerator. Not to mention what is happening with SWAT from the helicopter. There's tons of complications.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

SA and VC Android mission helper.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:17 AM

Well on my phone i don't have the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users