Photo

About locking topics.

5 replies to this topic
lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Sorry if this was posted before, I must have not seen it.I wish mods could leave a reason why they lock topics, because when one of topic gets locked, I am left confused as to why my topic is locked.That's all I have to say.Please don't lock this thread I need a response, because it's like every single thread I make gets locked.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Staff members who lock a topic almost every time leave a note as to why it gets locked. However, if some other member happened to have posted that note instead of the staff, it means that he's right and that the staff doesn't need to add anything to the reason as to why the topic gets locked. Usually topics don't get locked without having at least 1 reply - that one must have some content including the locking reason, just look through the last posts, you'll surely find it.

Do you happen to have any particular examples, though?

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

The OP might be referring to this topic: http://www.gtaforums...pic=529168&st=0

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:55)
Staff members who lock a topic almost every time leave a note as to why it gets locked. However, if some other member happened to have posted that note instead of the staff, it means that he's right and that the staff doesn't need to add anything to the reason as to why the topic gets locked. Usually topics don't get locked without having at least 1 reply - that one must have some content including the locking reason, just look through the last posts, you'll surely find it.

Do you happen to have any particular examples, though?

Thanks, I understand that when a topic is locked, it must be a good reason why, but it would have been helpful, if they would leave a reason, so I can know what I did wrong and fix it next time.Anyway heres a topic:
http://www.gtaforums...opic=552025&hl=

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

I think the reason they locked that one is obvious. The topic is pointless, the first post is spam, and then most of the posts that followed were spam. Posts that just barely have enough characters to get past the minimum are usually considered spam, but first posts in a topic that fit that description are almost always considered so.

If you want topics to not be locked, put more effort into them. For example, if that one was about movie or television, then it should have gone in the Movies and TV section. But even then you'd have needed to give a bit more input in the first post. More than just posting "^ _ ^" for example. That said, if lots of other people fill your topic with spam (for whatever reason) it is likely to be locked regardless.

I miss the days when a staff member would come in here shortly and "give you a reason" why this topic was getting locked, but that reason would be rude and filled with vulgarities. The way things work nowadays I have no doubt you'll be getting a prompt, polite, and professional response.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Sweets @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 04:39)

I think the reason they locked that one is obvious. The topic is pointless, the first post is spam, and then most of the posts that followed were spam. Posts that just barely have enough characters to get past the minimum are usually considered spam, but first posts in a topic that fit that description are almost always considered so.

If you want topics to not be locked, put more effort into them. For example, if that one was about movie or television, then it should have gone in the Movies and TV section. But even then you'd have needed to give a bit more input in the first post. More than just posting "^ _ ^" for example. That said, if lots of other people fill your topic with spam (for whatever reason) it is likely to be locked regardless.

I miss the days when a staff member would come in here shortly and "give you a reason" why this topic was getting locked, but that reason would be rude and filled with vulgarities. The way things work nowadays I have no doubt you'll be getting a prompt, polite, and professional response.

I didn't know that, well it is a shame that I never got personal message or warning, rather then ''we have a winner''.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users