» «
Photo

Wildlife?

32 replies to this topic
ryaofalderney
  • ryaofalderney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by ryaofalderney, 30 April 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Were is the vibrant ecosystem they were talking about? Did they want to avoid hassle with PETA?
EDIT: There should be at least visuals of them am I right? I mean there was Nothing.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

The game isnt out yet.

Theres no reason for them to show animals in the trailers.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (ryaofalderney @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 14:53)
Were is the vibrant ecosystem they were talking about? Did they want to avoid hassle with PETA?

Has R* tried to avoid anything on that level? no.

We'll see it when we buy the game, or perhaps future screens/trailers.

ryaofalderney
  • ryaofalderney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (SlappyPwnsAss @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 20:56)
The game isnt out yet.

Theres no reason for them to show animals in the trailers.

Well if you say that then there was no need for showing planes either, because they said they were in the game like the did animals.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well, they didn't show much of the actual countryside such as forests or the ocean, but more of a focus on the city and the story. I doubt they'd put just sharks, birds and the dog as the only animals. smile.gif

StellarFish20
  • StellarFish20

Pow.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

I am disappointed that there wasn't more wildlife shown in the 3 new trailers today, however we might get more insight into the eco system with the new previews coming out on thursday.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'm betting we'll see a few screenshots Thursday, don't worry.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 21:02)
QUOTE (ryaofalderney @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 14:53)

Has R* tried to avoid anything on that level? no.

We'll see it when we buy the game, or perhaps future screens/trailers.

Maybe we will hear from the previews instead, which I'm waiting for, now.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

To be fair, the trailers today were about the three characters - where the f*ck does a Deer or Bear fit into that category? Maybe by Trailer 3 - or in the screenshots.

I'm not even bothered about that though, if however, Chop is the only dog in the game - I will go crazy.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

And where would they fit the animals? Perhaps you wanted to see Trevor killing animals. Or maybe Michael. Or maybe, even Franklin.

Just because they're not shown in the trailers doesnt mean there are not animals in the game. They wouldnt fit the trailers.
Plus, R* would NEVER lie and tell us that there will be wildlife when in fact there actually isnt.

THEBIGZED
  • THEBIGZED

For an annoying dick, you really are an annoying dick.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

user posted image

Would be a bit weird if they had a nice sea ecosystem and no animals on land.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (THEBIGZED @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 21:29)
user posted image

Exactly man. They put a shark in the ocean, but no other animals? That wouldn't make sense. I'm really expecting the same kind of amount of animals as RDR and probably Far Cry 3. No idea why we haven't seen them, but then again....these were typical GTA trailers. They show the characters and what their lives are about. If Trevor had been a hunter for example, we no doubt would have seen him hunting wildlife.

If Rockstar has shown the countryside to the press, i'm definitely expecting to hear detailed info on the wildlife.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Cali has coyotes, right? It would be cool to see some of those nasty motherf*ckers out in the country somewhere.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:06)
Cali has coyotes, right? It would be cool to see some of those nasty motherf*ckers out in the country somewhere.

Oh man now that you say this, i can't wait to just discover a few dangerous animals in the countryside and just lure them into the city and see them attacking pedestrians in general. That happened in RDR too, people in the wild got attacked by coyots and other animals, love that. Imagine luring a group of bears or mountain lions into the city and you just sitting nicely in your car, while the beasts tear those innocents apart!!! devil.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:11)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:06)

Oh man now that you say this, i can't wait to just discover a few dangerous animals in the countryside and just lure them into the city and see them attacking pedestrians in general. That happened in RDR too, people in the wild got attacked by coyots and other animals, love that. Imagine luring a group of bears or mountain lions into the city and you just sitting nicely in your car, while the beasts tear those innocents apart!!! devil.gif

Too bad there's no northern cali. Otherwise bigfoot...

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Damn does anyone want to be surprised anymore? I'd hate it if Rockstar showed us everything in the game before we played it. It's confirmed that there is wildlife.

bmg1001
  • bmg1001

Buzzard Buzzer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (ryaofalderney @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 20:53)
EDIT: There should be at least visuals of them am I right? I mean there was Nothing.

I'm pretty sure that PETA won't be a problem since RDR didn't have an issue. You killed dogs, and skinned them for money in the game.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Buffalo Soldier @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 21:20)
To be fair, the trailers today were about the three characters - where the f*ck does a Deer or Bear fit into that category? Maybe by Trailer 3 - or in the screenshots.

I'm not even bothered about that though, if however, Chop is the only dog in the game - I will go crazy.

Didn't the first trailer feature a couple walking a golden retriever?

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

I was expecting or hoping for animals too. Well, just countryside in general I guess. I know wildlife was "confirmed" in an interview, but there were also those magazine scans (not sure if it was GameInformer) posted of Vice City from 2002 with a lot of erroneous facts that were not in the game. Until I see an actual deer in a screenshot I am hesitant to get my hopes up. I find it odd nowhere in the city is anyone else seen walking a dog. So far Chop is the only one.

SA did. Lots of sea life that were nothing more than props, but nothing on land. I don't think they would do that here, but it's been done before...

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

I wanted to make a wildlife database but it would so bland. Hope the preview talks more about Dogs and sharks confirmed.

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

Ex 'Really Famous Games Dev Company' Employee

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Game hunter mini-game

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (TripleRob @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:29)
Damn does anyone want to be surprised anymore? I'd hate it if Rockstar showed us everything in the game before we played it. It's confirmed that there is wildlife.

I don't nessecarily want to see it at all...in a future trailer(s) but i do hope some more previews thursday confirm it. It's only been what..one source now?

THEBIGZED
  • THEBIGZED

For an annoying dick, you really are an annoying dick.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Scampi @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:42)

SA did. Lots of sea life that were nothing more than props, but nothing on land. I don't think they would do that here, but it's been done before...

Yeah, but it is not the same thing. You couldn't interact with them in SA and there wasn't anything big or meaningful like a shark that actually changes the gameplay and poses a threat. So it would be quite a contrast to go underwater where there are sharks and probably other creatures as well (since we can go scuba diving etc., not much point in that if there is nothing to see).

Also they got a pretty good animal system ready in RDR that can only be improved for GTA. One reason for leaving other animals out would be their concern of mixing the city and urban areas with wild animals and how they could stop animals from wondering too much into the city without it looking obvious.

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

As far as I know, I have only heard about coyotes and snakes so far, Rockstar have really kept wildlife under covers!

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Are there any bears in California?

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (THEBIGZED @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 10:40)
QUOTE (Scampi @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:42)

Yeah, but it is not the same thing. You couldn't interact with them in SA and there wasn't anything big or meaningful like a shark that actually changes the gameplay and poses a threat. So it would be quite a contrast to go underwater where there are sharks and probably other creatures as well (since we can go scuba diving etc., not much point in that if there is nothing to see).

Also they got a pretty good animal system ready in RDR that can only be improved for GTA. One reason for leaving other animals out would be their concern of mixing the city and urban areas with wild animals and how they could stop animals from wondering too much into the city without it looking obvious.

Good point at the end of your message. But that could be solved if the distance between the countryside where the beasties roam and the city is big enough. It's the same as Red Dead Redemption, the animals don't seem to enter Armadillo and so on. But go a bit outside of it and you'll encounter em.

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

I begin to lose faith in wildlife on land.. And that there only will be sharks, seaturtles and jellfish in the sea. sad.gif

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

In Trevor's trailer I heard an eagle screech so maybe eagles are in, unless that was just a sound effect

Tankshell
  • Tankshell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

I know we have already seen birds, but here is another I spotted:

user posted image

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (THEBIGZED @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:29)
user posted image

I seriously can't wait to read more about this screenshot, i want to know if the sharks can kill, if they react to blood in the water, if they react to you at all, can you kill them? Will they attack the mini submarine. Do they have lazers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users