Anybody else disappointed by the cars?

49 replies to this topic
Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 10:24)
Check this wonderful topic for more. icon14.gif

And as that shows, the trailers and screenshots have shown far more new cars than old cars. By including GTA IV cars ON TOP of new cars, the selection is going to be huge.

Rollin
  • Rollin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Some numbers for people who think there aren't enough new cars in V.

So far we have seen a total of 64 new CARS and 37 returning ones from IV. Its important to note that IV had a total of only 130 vehicles INCLUDING boats and planes.

We already have seen 64 new cars in V which is almost half of the total number of vehicles in IV. And we haven't seen all the vehicles yet.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

I like all the cars we have seen so far and those returning from GTAIV. Rockstar also said that they will keep plenty back for the actual release of the game. There may be a reason why are seeing the same vehicles and locations.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Ahh, the spoils of the modern generation, who have everything handed to them, and grow up to be spoiled kids, who expect everything their way. Get over yourselves, if you're disappointed, don't buy the game, and quite the damned bitching. You're so lucky I don't run R* because i would have canceled V just to say "f*ck you too"

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Distrom @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 20:34)
submarines

You see we have freakin submarines, don't complain about the amount of different car models tounge.gif . We have already seen so many cool vehicles and the game isn't even released yet, just have faith in R*

hubert101010
  • hubert101010

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Not really. Like like in SA, there were cars from VC.

Seems like there's quite a few new ones. And cars haven't changed much since 08. In real life the Chevy Suburban is the same, most cop cars are the same, the S Class Mercedes is the same, Range Rover's got a new grill...

THE_SAVAGE
  • THE_SAVAGE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Since this is a topic about vehicle, what exactly happened to the truck Trevor shoots with the shotty. It is coming strait at him and then he shoots and it makes an immediate harsh right turn. WTF??? Maybe i'm just seeing it wrong.

OT: I am pretty please with the new cars we've seen, but the few shots of the vehicle handling, especially the in car and chase helicopter shots, make me worry about what they did to the handling. I'm one of the few who loved IV's handling though.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

As I keep saying. Most of the morons are commenting on my thread without reading the OP. I said cars. Cars, cars, cars, cars, cars. Get that through your thick brain cases.

Most of the cars are the same as in IV. And most of the ones that they did bring over were the sh*t ones.

The Premier? The sh*ttest car in GTA IV featuring in a trailer for the brand new game? Why?

Sef
  • Sef

Proud to be Dutch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Dude, Los Santos is in America:
Liberty City is in America > American cars > American Cars in GTA:V.

[1337]=Jackhammer=
  • [1337]=Jackhammer=

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Dissappointed? Totally not. Personally, I am impressed with the number of new models they have shown so far... And I bet they are holding out on some new ones we may not see until release.

There are 2 things worrying me though - just like FEDE_snma_ITA, I'm worried worried that with all the focus on sports cars, planes, helicopters and so on, they might not give much thought to sedans and other "boring" cars (the Primo, Merit, Uranus kind). See, not for everyone GTA is about fighter jets, attack choppas and exotic supercars...

And i also hope that they reuse most, if not all, of the IV cars. They have the textures, the models done and ready, what's left to do is probably deformation models and handling files (as these seem to be changed in V). It would give much more variety on the road, it would be chronologically correct (as IV and V are set about 5 years apart), and, basically, a large part of the job is already done for them.

I hope that's the case. Can't say I'm sure of that, though. As far as I can remember, in the 1st trailer, police cars were of the IV Crown Vic variety, but after that, all we see are: the updated Vapid cruiser, the Taurus lookalike, or the Charger. And the taxis seem to come only as the new Crown Vics. Hope they would keep the variety and use multiple models for one role - the new ones but also the old IV-style ones.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 09:42)
Ahh, the spoils of the modern generation, who have everything handed to them, and grow up to be spoiled kids, who expect everything their way. Get over yourselves, if you're disappointed, don't buy the game, and quite the damned bitching. You're so lucky I don't run R* because i would have canceled V just to say "f*ck you too"

Amen brother.

There should be a law, that denied spoiled children/ young adults to play the game.
Always people complainting about nothing.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (THE_SAVAGE @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 10:06)
Since this is a topic about vehicle, what exactly happened to the truck Trevor shoots with the shotty. It is coming strait at him and then he shoots and it makes an immediate harsh right turn. WTF??? Maybe i'm just seeing it wrong.
of the few who loved IV's handling though.

I'm going to make an assumption that the truck was not driving itself. I reckon - this is weird - that it's driven by a man. Now if you're driving, and someone shoots a shotgun at your car, I reckon you'd take evasive action. Therefore I think the driver here is turning the steering wheel hard. Seems pretty simple to me. the turn would be doubled in obviousness if the shot hits the tire too.

Anubias
  • Anubias

Anal Invader

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

I don't care if there are more vehicles than any other GTA, I just want car customization ffs.

GTA_freakydeaky
  • GTA_freakydeaky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 20:34)
No matter how much Rockstar try to satisfy everyone, people will always find something to complain about. suicidal.gif

Nope there not trying to satisfy remember the ultimate R* quote "We make the games we wanna play" i bet they barely looked at fan complaints while making GTAV at all they've even said they don't look at sh*t people request. That's why i love them so much

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

GTA V has the MOST vehicles in any GTA game to date, your opinion is invalid.

CaptainCapri
  • CaptainCapri

Cluckin Hell!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

You haven't seen them all yet, make your mind up once you have.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (GTA_freakydeaky @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 10:40)
Nope there not trying to satisfy remember the ultimate R* quote "We make the games we wanna play" i bet they barely looked at fan complaints while making GTAV at all they've even said they don't look at sh*t people request. That's why i love them so much

The ultimate Rockstar quote, I beg to differ. Sam Houser did say at one point "If we make the sort of games we want to play, then we believe people are going to buy them." but that doesn't mean they don't listen to fans. They put dedication and care into their work, and really want their audience to be satisfied with the finished product. I believe they make games what they AND their audience want to play.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hell no.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 15:50)
As I keep saying. Most of the morons are commenting on my thread without reading the OP. I said cars. Cars, cars, cars, cars, cars. Get that through your thick brain cases.

Most of the cars are the same as in IV. And most of the ones that they did bring over were the sh*t ones.

The Premier? The sh*ttest car in GTA IV featuring in a trailer for the brand new game? Why?

Brain cells: Do you have it, bro?

I was talking about "Cars, cars, cars, cars, cars." only, get that through your thick skull. There are 64 New cars/trucks so far, and in comparison, the cars, trucks that are returning are only 37 in number. Dear thick skull of yours, please take the facts in.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (THE_SAVAGE @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 10:06)

OT: I am pretty please with the new cars we've seen, but the few shots of the vehicle handling, especially the in car and chase helicopter shots, make me worry about what they did to the handling. I'm one of the few who loved IV's handling though.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say the driver steered it away from the shot gun blast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users