Photo

Clothing Physics Taken Out?

18 replies to this topic
TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Bit of a nitpick, and truthfully it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but I didn't notice any clothing movement in these trailers as opposed to trailer 2 where wrinkles and creases appear a la MP3, it could be that they sacrificed this in favour of more clothing options instead which I would have to agree with.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

If they sacrificed it, it would have nothing to do with adding more clothes, but probably making the game run better overall.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I just watched them both a few times and compared, but I don't seem to notice any difference. turn.gif

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:33)
I just watched them both a few times and compared, but I don't seem to notice any difference. turn.gif

Watch Trevor's scenes where he's throwing molotov cocktails into a house and walking away like a boss, in trailer 2, and you'll see his clothing move a lot. Doesn't happen at all in his character trailer despite his rather animated body language and movement.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (TheWetPartoftheArm @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:52)
I just watched them both a few times and compared, but I don't seem to notice any difference.  turn.gif

Watch Trevor's scenes where he's throwing molotov cocktails into a house and walking away like a boss, in trailer 2, and you'll see his clothing move a lot. Doesn't happen at all in his character trailer despite his rather animated body language and movement.

I think that's mostly lighting and shadows doing a really good job of highlighting the wrinkles that are already there.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (TheWetPartoftheArm @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:18)
Bit of a nitpick, and truthfully it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but I didn't notice any clothing movement in these trailers as opposed to trailer 2 where wrinkles and creases appear a la MP3, it could be that they sacrificed this in favour of more clothing options instead which I would have to agree with.

I've been playing games longer than you have excisted on this planet. (hopefully)
I do not care. I rather have a good story that captures me than floppy clothing. (It's not like we are going back to SanAndreas kind of clothing you know)
No need for this topic.

/end

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

PS3/360 are really old hardware. I hope R* push for higher pedestrian density even if that means taking out clothing physics.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (rare.steak @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 19:07)
PS3/360 are really old hardware. I hope R* push for higher pedestrian density even if that means taking out clothing physics.

they already said they have less peds than in previous games...

thats realistic cause in LA most people drive with a car. there are wayyy less people walking on the streets than in New York for example

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Not sure what kind of weed you guys are smoking right now.

I've seen Cloth Physics in almost every trailer for GTA V.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

user posted image
user posted image

Want more?

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

If this is the case I think Rockstar know that we know that there are limitations and sacrifices have to be made. Its not a massive sacrifice at all and character movement kinda hides some of it anyways and in some cases makes it look like the clothes are moving anyways.

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I also noticed that difference from trailer #2 to the character trailers.
Either it's gone for good or significantly reduced. It was probably sacrificed for performance reasons, which is understandable.
Always thought it was too much of a step to incorporate something like that in current gen consoles.

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:54)
QUOTE (TheWetPartoftheArm @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:52)
I just watched them both a few times and compared, but I don't seem to notice any difference.  turn.gif

I think that's mostly lighting and shadows doing a really good job of highlighting the wrinkles that are already there.

No, it was definitely clothing movement, MP3 had it too. Shadows don't change wrinkle placement, when Trevor moves in trailer 2 you can see the clothes move with his body.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

I saw quite a bit of clothing changes in these. monocle.gif

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 19:24)
user posted image
user posted image

Want more?

When Michael sit the suit go all around his lower part so there is cloth physics

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 21:36)
user posted image
user posted image

Want more?

When Michael sit the suit go all around his lower part so there is cloth physics

inb4 "cutscene"

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

user posted image
user posted image

Want more?

Nice find, that does show a little bit of clothing physics regarding the jacket when Michael sits, and perhaps the button seam as well if that's not just a continuity error. However if you look at Trevor's T-shirt where it's the easiest to see the clothing physics, you'll find they're completely absent compared to trailer 2. It's possible then that they haven't eliminated clothing physics altogether, just greatly decreased in favour of performance as someone else suggested. In answer to your question, yes, I would like more, did you find any other parts with clothing physics?

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 21:36)
user posted image
user posted image

Want more?

WOW!!! Clothing physic's. That's some crazy detail!!! Nice work. icon14.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif And yet I thought I paid attention to detail lol

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (YukiEiri @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 19:05)
QUOTE (TheWetPartoftheArm @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:18)

I've been playing games longer than you have excisted on this planet. (hopefully)
I do not care. I rather have a good story that captures me than floppy clothing. (It's not like we are going back to SanAndreas kind of clothing you know)
No need for this topic.

/end

I... don't see what the length of time you've spent playing games has to do with anything... but actually I believe there is a need for this topic. It's relevant to the recent trailers and it discusses a potential change that's been made, however small. That's why I enjoy coming to forums like this, we get to discuss the details many others might not even notice or care about. As I said in the opening post, it won't destroy my experience or anything, especially if it was necessary to improve performance, it was just something I noticed and wanted to see if others had too. If you don't feel there's a need for the topic, report it, or don't read it. I've "excisted" on this planet long enough to know how to spell the word though, if that tells you anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users