Photo

This game is actually going to be mature

11 replies to this topic
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by Zancudo, 30 April 2013 - 04:01 PM.

I don't know how many people actually noticed that. Most of folk here are into the visuals (which are indeed amazing for such an open game), the vibe that supposedly resembles Vice City (seriously, you hear Queen's song and you think it's a prove the game is going to be like Vice City?) or into Trevor (hilarious dude, agree).

But how many people actually noticed that the game will be possibly something more than just a story about three gangsters who rob banks and escape pursuits? How many of you actually appreciated, especially from Michael's trailer, that the game will talk about something much more mature and down to earth than any game out there?

I'm just saying, the new Grand Theft Auto seems to push it much more forward in terms of storyline. It really feels like a movie, and a decent one. Previous GTA basically only included cut-scenes that were somehow related to some action or something strictly related to dirty business. Here we have something much more than that - dialogues and scenes that seem to be not mission related, not action-oriented or some bullsh*t like that, but more like a... well, I don't know that thing. That magic. You see it in the movies, anyway.

Thank you, Rockstar. For making the series more mature and pushing the gaming industry towards more ambitious ways.
cookie.gif

ASNAEB
  • ASNAEB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Absolutely, I hope they find a good balance between the funniness (word?) of Trevor for example and the seriousness.
Also, if you were referring to David Cage of Quantic Dream in the subtitle, that guy is annoying and says stupid things all the time. Fahrenheit (or whatever it's called elsewhere) and Heavy Rain had the gameplay of a peanut.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

It is fresh to have so much depth and substance behind the characters - it feels as if the series is really maturing

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

This is why I liked IV the best. Niko's development has been one of the best arcs I've seen in games.

Famous-CLS
  • Famous-CLS

'Verve

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Exactly icon14.gif

One of the things I loved about IV was how much more mature and emotional the story had become.
I can't wait to see how Michael's family will develope as you progress in the story and Franklin perhaps turning his back on his old friends, joining Michael.

I'm certain Trevor won't just be an crazy and funny protagonist but actually also happens to have his own story and problems.

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

thats exactly whats rockstars good at: creating a great story and also a ridiculously detailed world

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

I just hope the dialogue is good, which this trailer reinforced. Niko's development through IV's story was great, but his conversations always felt a little dry. They improved the dialogue in with Johnny and Luis, but I'm hoping for at least an Uncharted-level of fluency with the writing.

alucard2d
  • alucard2d

OG Loc

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

I was extremely impressed with the graphics in all 3 trailers. We really got to see characters interact with one another, emotions portrayed on their faces and not to mention the top notch voice acting. Im super excited that they developed the story around Franklin a little, I was curious to see what his life was about and I'm relieved to see that gang culture is very much alive in this game. Man this is going to be the best GTA ever!

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

I think the people who didn't enjoy GTA IV's depth might now.
Niko Bellic being a child soldier and a Serb wasn't relatable to many folk.

On a side note, f*** Luis. I just finished tBoGT and the protag/story were really disappointing, felt shallow.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

The game looks like an action comedy (I'd argue a bit immature) but that's a plus if you ask me, because it makes it more enjoyable.

Adecool
  • Adecool

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

lol i dont think so, the trailers are filled with constant jokes and gags. this is going to be the least serious or mature gta. GTA4 was the most mature and hopefully the last mature one. cause i dont want another depressing over-realistic game.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Mature =/= depressing? Give me a break. This series has grown up, I suggest you do the same.

The only trailer that was humorous was Trevor's, in which he was really the only funny character. Michael and Franklin both hate their lives, and they want something more. Michael's got a terrible family, and Franklin has friends that he seemingly doesn't get along with. That's a really simple explanation of their stories, yet neither seem lighthearted at all. And then you have Trevor, whose humour comes almost entirely from his drug-induced psychotic tendencies and mindless ramblings - yup, truly hilarious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users