Analysis Topic - Michael

630 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

we have destructable evoirenments since forever...

theres no difference between destroying wood fences in IV and destroying small walls in V only needs different animations... thats it

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Honest question - do you reckon we'll be able to murder Michael's wife? I really don't want to have to go through the game trying to impress and 'win back' a woman who's been cheating on him.
I'd really prefer to simplify the whole thing and have her killed or something. Ditto for his idiot son.
I was hoping for some domestic abuse mini-game in which with every beating Michael's son became less of a pussy - but it looks like we're going to have to tolerate him and his whole 'gangsta' persona for a while.

I'd just really rather not put up with characters I'm just going to despise.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

@ 15 seconds, Jimmy in his room, looks like a poster for 'Los Santos Rock Radio'

Hopefully we get a better name than that.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Just something minor. Michael and his son cycling together:

user posted image

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 16:21)
I thought Michael's was good. I think it's pretty interesting how he and Jimmy are hanging out a lot, it will be an interesting dynamic. I liked the part where the boyfriend jumped out of the window and his daughter freaked out.

I think that was his wife. Which is even funnier biggrin.gif

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 13:09)
Honest question - do you reckon we'll be able to murder Michael's wife? I really don't want to have to go through the game trying to impress and 'win back' a woman who's been cheating on him.
I'd really prefer to simplify the whole thing and have her killed or something. Ditto for his idiot son.
I was hoping for some domestic abuse mini-game in which with every beating Michael's son became less of a pussy - but it looks like we're going to have to tolerate him and his whole 'gangsta' persona for a while.

ilu

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:09)

You are the last person I thought who would totally disregard an interesting story.

BigKush
  • BigKush

Blood circulatin' like a Sunday paper

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 07:09)

That's akin to reading a book and tearing out the pages you don't like.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Cannot wait for this game. Michael looks awesome! Can't wait to pull a few heists with him!

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (BigKush @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 13:13)

Yeah they hate it when I do that in the library.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:09)
@ 15 seconds, Jimmy in his room, looks like a poster for 'Los Santos Rock Radio'

Hopefully we get a better name than that.

I guess Los Santos Rock Radio it is

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:13)

You are the last person I thought who would totally disregard an interesting story.

Honestly though, how else am I supposed to feel?
Think about it, Michael has given his family a life of plenty and comfort. And how is he rewarded? His wife cuckolds him and his children seem intent on disobeying him at every turn.

I have yet to see a reason to want to win the affection of these awful people. ESPECIALLY if upon finding out about Michael's criminal activities we get a dreary bitching fest from his wife about how being a criminal is 'wrong'. You just know it's going to happen too.

My point is, these people seem to have zero loyalty to him whatsoever - so why should we want to deal with them? They're a bunch of ingrates.

BigKush
  • BigKush

Blood circulatin' like a Sunday paper

• BUSTED!

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 07:18)
QUOTE (BigKush @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 13:13)

Yeah they hate it when I do that in the library.

Consider this wasteful post a vote for GTAForums to have a long-needed reputation or +1 system.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

After I watch trailer 2 I thought the therapist sounded like Alan Arkin, he has played a therapist a couple of times in movies

Now, after seeing him and hearing him again in Michael trailer, I almost convinced it is him

Alan Arkin = therapist smile.gif

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

I love the Vice City vibe in this trailer.

VincentPericant
  • VincentPericant

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:20)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:13)

Honestly though, how else am I supposed to feel?
Think about it, Michael has given his family a life of plenty and comfort. And how is he rewarded? His wife cuckolds him and his children seem intent on disobeying him at every turn.

I have yet to see a reason to want to win the affection of these awful people. ESPECIALLY if upon finding out about Michael's criminal activities we get a dreary bitching fest from his wife about how being a criminal is 'wrong'. You just know it's going to happen too.

My point is, these people seem to have zero loyalty to him whatsoever - so why should we want to deal with them? They're a bunch of ingrates.

Killing your son is a bit extreme though!

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (mawerick_mc @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:01)
Will we see this kind of destruction in many places? biggrin.gif (@ 0:40s)

user posted image

i hope it's not only for the cutscene, looks awesome.

It's a cutscene the whole thing is basically the beginning of the move heat.

Crazyman2389
  • Crazyman2389

In Los Santos!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

This definitely gave me memories of my GTA Vice City days with the music. At first I thought the therapist sounded like Cris Formage of the Epsilon Program. But hearing it a few more times I realized it doesn't.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Damn that Heat moment. Gives me chills!

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Anyone else think his wife's face looks f*cking weird when it does a close up on her after the guy jumps over the balcony? Big ol' bug eyes and just generally weird. And who cares if she's cheating on him, he can just get is own back with some good old hookers.

Lukijs
  • Lukijs

Badump

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Dang ..look at chicks feet biggrin.gif , http://www.bildites....kg3iqfld4aa.png ...also this mission might be something R* showed to press.
user posted image

Also Jimmies line ''Why do I have to hold your hand through this mid-life crysis bullsh*t'' and michal's expression was kinda sad

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Anyone else think Michael looks almost too young now? Or that his eyes seem a bit buggy/cartoony at times?

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

user posted image

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:51)
Anyone else think Michael looks almost too young now? Or that his eyes seem a bit buggy/cartoony at times?

looks just perfect...

dont know where the problem is

Linkkill
  • Linkkill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Jack0711 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 15:41)
user posted image

That blood! Bullets now go through the whole body?

Just like Max Payne 3. I think pretty much the gunplay, physics and damage models for bodies are going to be within GTAV.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 19:42)
Anyone else think his wife's face looks f*cking weird when it does a close up on her after the guy jumps over the balcony? Big ol' bug eyes and just generally weird. And who cares if she's cheating on him, he can just get is own back with some good old hookers.

http://imgur.com/eeq5jb6

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:52)
QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:51)
Anyone else think Michael looks almost too young now?  Or that his eyes seem a bit buggy/cartoony at times?

looks just perfect...

dont know where the problem is

I just wish his eyes looked a little more hard/squinty... like Clint Eastwood's, or how they look in the jewelry store artwork. Now his eyes are very round and it makes him look softer. Yes, I know I'm nitpicking over a grown man's eyes. blush.gif

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

user posted image

Could this be a Lakers jersey? We already got the proof of a hockey team (R* version of Los Angeles Kings) so how about some basketball?

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Who's that girl who got caught f*cking the dude by Michael? His wife or daughter?

fastetshot
  • fastetshot

I'm very serious.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

http://imageshack.us...6/66549510.png/
Michael is looking good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users