Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAV Trailers Official Reaction Thread

543 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Trailer did you enjoy most? (894 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Trailer did you enjoy most?

1. Michael (252 votes [30.11%])

Percentage of vote: 30.11%

2. Trevor (271 votes [32.38%])

Percentage of vote: 32.38%

3. Franklin (314 votes [37.51%])

Percentage of vote: 37.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (libertycityfilms @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:29)
QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 12:26)
QUOTE (greenrock @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:55)
Trevor lifting up michael, it seems like they are close friends and they don't have a strained relationship

Yeah that part got me thinking, Trev an Mich are close... maybe even relatives ? maybe they're bro's ?

I think I am looking to far into it tounge2.gif

Old news...we already know from the GameInformer Magazine that they were old partners in the past...people seem to forget.

I know, but I meant they are closer than we already thought they were... I guess I indeed look way to far into it, I'm still tipsy from yesterday lol

Time for another one Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 12:36)
Trevor lifting up michael, it seems like they are close friends and they don't have a strained relationship

Yeah that part got me thinking, Trev an Mich are close... maybe even relatives ? maybe they're bro's ?

Old news...we already know from the GameInformer Magazine that they were old partners in the past...people seem to forget.

I know, but I meant they are closer than we already thought they were... I guess I indeed look way to far into it, I'm still tipsy from yesterday lol

In Trevor's trailer, Trevor says its been a while since he was back in town. Does that mean that Trevor somehow escaped the FIB?

.JimmyHopkins.
  • .JimmyHopkins.

"We die alone, but we live among men."

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 12:46)

In Trevor's trailer, Trevor says its been a while since he was back in town. Does that mean that Trevor somehow escaped the FIB?

well ,there must be a reason for him not living there ,but instead in a trailer park...maybe he just didn't have the money to live there or made friends with the hillbillies and just stayed there...i think it's best for everyone if we don't really try to farfetch' stuff to much...people did that with IV and some of them got disappointed,same goes for weapon customization,car customization and stuff like that...

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Trevor was/is a well known drugs dealer. Im sure he has the means to buy a house if he wanted to.

Memphys
  • Memphys

Pew, you'll get shot, amigo!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Analysis

Califonia21
  • Califonia21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

For all trailers in Slow Motion go to https://www.youtube....ser/GTAPlatinum

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 12:46)

Actually, there is a famous Michael's phrase: "Why did I move here?". It's Michael who is "back in town"

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Memphys @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 13:20)
Analysis

Lot of mistakes in that so called analysis. Really, made by GTA fans? Think not.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Redneck Shotgun @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 10:07)
Franklin trailer sucked. All about kid appeal will not play as him.

lol.gif Ha, this one made me chuckle. I like how people like to purposely be different to show how their 'style' is more sophisticated and that 'over-the-top' footage is for kids. How silly...

I thought Franklin's trailer was intense and exciting. The chases are much better than IV's and the cars were pretty cool too. The only thing I did not like was how his dealer remains under wraps. I mean reveal it already, I want to see their inventory an the structures architecture.

___V___for___FiVe___
  • ___V___for___FiVe___

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

In Michael's trailer, did anybody notice Franklin right before Michael's wife said "Don't kill him."?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (___V___for___FiVe___ @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:37)
In Michael's trailer, did anybody notice Franklin right before Michael's wife said "Don't kill him."?

Jep, we noticed.

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Funny how Franklin's trailer is winning this poll, whereas during IGN's Live Event its the one they brushed aside the quickest. That's the problem when you get non-fans breaking down the game (let alone 3 nerdy white guys who probably know/care nothing about hip hop culture), they don't even realize how much GTA nostalgia is jammed in there. Grove Street baby!

I like GTA and Saints Row
  • I like GTA and Saints Row

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:40)
Funny how Franklin's trailer is winning this poll, whereas during IGN's Live Event its the one they brushed aside the quickest. That's the problem when you get non-fans breaking down the game (let alone 3 nerdy white guys who probably know/care nothing about hip hop culture), they don't even realize how much GTA nostalgia is jammed in there. Grove Street baby!

It got brushed aside the quickest because whilst the action in the trailer was great, it was the least interesting from a story point of view. The Franklin character is by far the least interesting going by those three trailers. But the Franklin trailer made up for it by making the action so good. That trailer makes Franklin's story feel like a retread of San Andreas honestly. We've seen it before. To be honest it feels like the only reason Franklin is there is to appeal to CJ/San Andreas nostalgia. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there are legit reasons many people was the least interested in Franklin's trailer. It isn't because we're all "nerdy white guys" or "know/care nothing about hip hop culture". I love that theme and loved San Andreas. But I already played a game centered around that, so naturally the other two trailers did more for me and have me more interested since they're something new.

Raser6000
  • Raser6000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hi! Here's the Trailer with german subtitles! smile.gif

http://www.pcgamesha...Trevor-1067873/

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (I like GTA and Saints Row @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 08:03)
QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:40)
Funny how Franklin's trailer is winning this poll, whereas during IGN's Live Event its the one they brushed aside the quickest. That's the problem when you get non-fans breaking down the game (let alone 3 nerdy white guys who probably know/care nothing about hip hop culture), they don't even realize how much GTA nostalgia is jammed in there.  Grove Street baby!

It got brushed aside the quickest because whilst the action in the trailer was great, it was the least interesting from a story point of view. The Franklin character is by far the least interesting going by those three trailers. But the Franklin trailer made up for it by making the action so good. That trailer makes Franklin's story feel like a retread of San Andreas honestly. We've seen it before. To be honest it feels like the only reason Franklin is there is to appeal to CJ/San Andreas nostalgia. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there are legit reasons many people was the least interested in Franklin's trailer. It isn't because we're all "nerdy white guys" or "know/care nothing about hip hop culture". I love that theme and loved San Andreas. But I already played a game centered around that, so naturally the other two trailers did more for me and have me more interested since they're something new.

Fair enough on the predictability part, but I can't help but notice how the IGN guys didn't mention all the Grove Street colours & SA references in his trailer even once. I sincerely think they didn't even notice the nostalgia in Franklin's trailer. I just find it amusing.

I like the guys in general who broke down this video, but with a franchise this big, isn't there anyone at IGN who's actually a hardcore GTA fan that could help out with these things? It would really add to the depth of their live shows with stuff like this.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

I got to say I enjoyed Franklin trailer the most. His trailer showed that there WILL be
the returns of gangs in the game and the Socal gang culture (as well as the politics
that come with it). And also the interaction with chop is a plus.

Although I must say that Micheal trailer was the more intriguing. His storyline is (to me at least)
shows a different complicity than Franklin or Trevor. Here you got a guy, that has so many different
problems that are normal everyday issues, like kids, wife pissed off at you, etc...

But he is rich and also has a lust for crime, something he probably doesn't have to partake
in. With Franklin its he is trying to get out of the gang life and out of the hood. With Trevor
everyday above ground is most likely a great day for him. But with Michael its like what makes
him tick? Whats his angle and what is trying to achieve?

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Raser6000 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 17:09)

moto_whistle.gif

joe1606
  • joe1606

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:00 PM Edited by joe1606, 01 May 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Love Trevor's yelling and I'am happy he does that for minor things such carjacking . His giggle when jumping off the Premier was awesome too .

Do you think the story will reveal Trevor sensitivity and make us think a bit about mental illness and how this guy may suffering from his state ?
Maybe his behavior will change after switching to him from time to time? Sometime we may play him as he's in cool , sad or angry mood ...

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

I was shocked when I saw Franklin's Gang wear green in Franklin's Trailer.
It was just what I expected!

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by Game2048, 01 May 2013 - 04:35 PM.

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 16:08)

His enemies wear purple. For some strange reason sites rarely mention Grove Street and Ballas in their news regarding new trailers

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 00:17)

His enemies wear purple. For some strange reason sites rarely mention Groove Street and Ballas in their news regarding new trailers

I hope they get this shish confirmed tomorrow!

I was expecting this since November!
Franklin's green bandana, his green bike w/c appeared multiple times, someone wearing purple during the driveby scene then another one running away from chop, and that Ballas Graffiti. Heck even the shade on Lamar's shirt looks greenish.

Raser6000
  • Raser6000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 15:39)
QUOTE (Raser6000 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 17:09)

moto_whistle.gif

Oh, achso ^^ Hab ich nicht gesehen biggrin.gif

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 16:21)
QUOTE (Game2048 @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 00:17)

His enemies wear purple. For some strange reason sites rarely mention Groove Street and Ballas in their news regarding new trailers

I hope they get this shish confirmed tomorrow!

I was expecting this since November!
Franklin's green bandana, his green bike w/c appeared multiple times, someone wearing purple during the driveby scene then another one running away from chop, and that Ballas Graffiti. Heck even the shade on Lamar's shirt looks greenish.

Yeah, I think it's more than obvious.

Perhaps Grove Street Gang evolved into something else and changed its name, but it is obvious that there is a connection with the Grove Street Gang and The Ballas.

A lot of interesting info awaits us tomorrow

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (I like GTA and Saints Row @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 23:03)

GTA 4 was sort of a trip down to memory lane as well.
GTA 4's dark theme/atmosphere and story was similar to GTA 3's.
But the backgrounds of the characters had very little to no similarities.

Franklin's story will only be similar to GTA SA and not a repetition in contrast to what the majority thinks of him.
Franklin wants to get out of the Gang Life and his low-life friends keeps pulling him back.
While CJ was ultimately pulled back into the gang life when he found his family and gang in a state of disarray.

CJ stayed in the gang life as a whole, and it seems he had no intention of leaving it despite unbelievably making his way to the top.
Franklin however, left the gang in order to pursue his ambition of having a much better fortune. Instead of getting low incomes from drug dealing he goes out of the gang to pursue a much higher income.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Could someone provide me with a download link for the three trailers that I could use on my PS3 browser to put it straight onto the console? I'm sick of watching them at <20 fps on this laptop in non HD.

EdyTheViper
  • EdyTheViper

The Viper

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Analysis

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (luis95 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 18:38)
Analysis

Lol. 5:50 for an analysis? ROFL

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

To be honest I like all the trailers equally.

Well, maybe not Trevor's. I don't really like the song.

Michael is still going to be my favourite to be play, I think. So I will just go with Michael's trailer being my favourite.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Amazing.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=HqZXw5M6qQY

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

10000 - 11000 likes.

Zero dislikes

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by Game2048, 01 May 2013 - 09:13 PM.

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 20:57)
Amazing.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=HqZXw5M6qQY

10000 - 11000 likes.

Zero dislikes

It's a bug, all videos in YouTube have zero dislikes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users