Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAV Trailers Official Reaction Thread

543 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Trailer did you enjoy most? (894 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Trailer did you enjoy most?

1. Michael (252 votes [30.11%])

Percentage of vote: 30.11%

2. Trevor (271 votes [32.38%])

Percentage of vote: 32.38%

3. Franklin (314 votes [37.51%])

Percentage of vote: 37.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Choosergame10 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:16)
its mostly white, wanna be gangster teenagers that like franklin......

I'm Dominican dude sarcasm.gif

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

I really like how they release three trailers with three distinct atmospheres. It's almost like three games in one. happy.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

The songs are pretty epic too! Imagine driving on a highway listening to "All we here is, Radio Gaga.."!

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:27 AM Edited by tinman187, 01 May 2013 - 05:30 AM.

QUOTE (InternetKillTV @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 01:29)
QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 01:08)
QUOTE (InternetKillTV @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:16)
QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:02)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:56)
QUOTE (rsgtafan @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:30)
These trailers didn't tell sh*t about the story except that Lamar is a Families member. I'd like them to keep it that way.

Good point there. It indeed only explains a few things about their personal lives but nothing really about the general story of the three guys as a team, the main story, i hope as well that they keep that back from us.

I don't get InternetKillTV's reply though. I just visited the Franklin trailer analysis thread and people seem to like it so much because it brings nostalgia from GTA:SA and i must say...i agree.

So many people like Franklin's trailer, simply because it looks bangin' and on fire, not because of those stupid, baseless reasons that idiot gave.

I just looked all 3 trailers again just now, and Franklin's trailer has me hyped the most.

You can disagree, but I presented evidence for my views. Though admittedly the threads in question seem to have been locked and deleted.

I guess I have to admit a certain level of stereotyping and ignorance, for that I apologise.

That's cool, I have respect for those who admit their faults icon14.gif

Believe me bro, many people loved San Andreas, not because they are wannabe teenage gangstas, but they are mature, seasoned gamers who really believed that it was a great, classic game in all aspects. These are most likely the same people who liked Franklin's trailer the best. I'm also pretty sure we've had a few converts to Franklin on here too after seeing his trailer.

Well I think he's an interesting character and will preserve a sense of balance with regards to the overall character dynamic that's for sure. I don't hate him, he's just not as interesting to me because I feel it's a story I've seen.

I do hope he breaks away from the gang world though. It's his goal and if he does it will really improve him as a character, for me at least.

Nice to see argument/debate not end up childish insult's my dude's.

I loved all three trailer's but loved Franklin's the most. It brought back some great childhood memories of playing as C.J and seeing some actual car customization and weapon's with gimmicks attached to them brought an instant smile. The trailer had police chase's, gang shootout's, gang driveby's, a first person helicopter cockpit view and CHOP!!! Not only that, Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar was the soundtrack. Franklin's trailer appealed to me the most, that's not to say Michael's or Trevor's sucked. They all rocked, Franklin just a little bit more for me. biggrin.gif

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

I smiled so hard when the therapist said: "You're clearly addicted to chaos," and Michael disagreed. Which was then followed by shots of him beating people up, breaking his television and smashing his golf club against the ground.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

I liked Michael's the best. Best song, and it had a great balance between action and seeing his family life. He's more witty than I thought he was. I'm thinking about whether or not he's surpassed Trevor as my favorite.

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Love the trailers.

- Nice to see Michael is an Heat (the movie)- inspired character. Heat is my fav movie. I actually saw a direct copy of one of the movie scenes in the Michaels trailer. I hope we also get that big shootout scene from after the bank robbery in the movie. Little bit sceptical about the fact that he looked so damn young in this trailer. I hope R* adds another 10-15 years to his character.
- I love the thug-theme with Franklin. I get a sense of San Andreas feeling to it. Nice.
- Trevor, I don't know. I like the psychopathic movie "No Country For Old Men", and I could feel a sense of inspiration from that movie in the trailer, but not as much as I was hoping for.

These characters are very different from one another, which is good though, but very strange to see them as friends together.
A dressed up Robert de Niro working together with a psychopathic redneck and a gang banger from inner LA? That's a freak show. Let's hope it works out better than it would in real life.

Spiralos
  • Spiralos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Above @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 04:07)
I really like how they release three trailers with three distinct atmospheres. It's almost like three games in one. happy.gif

Exactly thats what i felt too. This game is gonna be freaking AWESOME!

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

The Sound of Silence

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Looks like we didn't beat the forum record of 8000 users a day.

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

I voted for Franklin, but honestly, I loved all three trailers. They made me like each character even more.

nTag
  • nTag

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

I must admit. I didn't like Trevor before these trailers.. Now I love him.. He's hillarious...

GlamFM
  • GlamFM

Overall best member of the GTAForums.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

Just one quick question. Adriaan says the trailers were captured through a Playstation 3 - do we know that for sure?

Were was it confirmed?

Mpower
  • Mpower

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Choosergame10 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 04:16)
its mostly white, wanna be gangster teenagers that like franklin......

Hum you are wrong. Are you a greenrock clone or something ? Damn haters

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

I don't know? Trevor's I guess! No, Franklin's! Michael's! AHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 05:34)
I smiled so hard when the therapist said: "You're clearly addicted to chaos," and Michael disagreed. Which was then followed by shots of him beating people up, breaking his television and smashing his golf club against the ground.

That's Dan Houser's humor lol.gif

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 08:32)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 05:34)

That's Dan Houser's humor lol.gif

He is clearly a drama Queen tounge.gif

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:59)
Songs used in trailer:
Queen - Radio Gaga
Jay Rock feat. Kendrick Lamar - Hood Gone Luv It
Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It this Way

Legendary, Adriaan. Just the reason I came here, and, look at that, it's all laid out on a platter for me.

THANK YOU. Have five internets and an armful of cookies!
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

I like GTA and Saints Row
  • I like GTA and Saints Row

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Genuinely surprised Franklin is winning the poll. It's the trailer that seems to be getting the most hate. Interesting. Well I like Michael the best. His story looks the most interesting by far. Plus it wins for Radio Gaga. Franklin's trailer had the best action though and Trevor's was the funniest and I think having a crazy character like that to play as will be great. All three were great in different ways. Franklin seems like the least interesting character though since his story looks like a bit of a retread of San Andreas. San Andreas is my favourite game ever, but nevertheless I'm more interested in the other characters since they seem different to any previous GTA main characters.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Car experts: What do you make of the handling?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 11:28)

It seems improved. Although we have not seen actual gameplay. The chase scene looks promising. An extra: Police respond better, now with a heli with search light and close on the tail.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 17:03)

It seems improved. Although we have not seen actual gameplay. The chase scene looks promising. An extra: Police respond better, now with a heli with search light and close on the tail.

The airport scene, especially, looks as natural as possible. Or am I missing something?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 11:34)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 17:03)

The airport scene, especially, looks as natural as possible. Or am I missing something?

Nope your right! I totally missed that one. But the way the car makes the turn is very fluent.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

I like Michael but based on these trailers, Trevor's trailer > Franklin's trailer > Michael's trailer.

I think the chances of weapon and car customization are pretty high. Previews might confirm them.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 11:43)
I like Michael but based on these trailers, Trevor's trailer > Franklin's trailer > Michael's trailer.

I think the chances of weapon and car customization are pretty high. Previews might confirm them.

Hope so! I wonder if the press got to see the demo where al these cutscenes and gameplay have been taken out of.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 11:44)
QUOTE (zainzombie @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 11:43)

Hope so! I wonder if the press got to see the demo where al these cutscenes and gameplay have been taken out of.

In the Franklin's trailer analysis video by CVG they kind of hinted about knowing something. It was when the trailer showed the helicopter interior. I guess you are right.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

I love the song from the Franklin trailer. Hopefully, they make a whole radio channel with new school west coast songs having this vibe. Don't care if they are popular or not. Please no whack sh*t.

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 11:48)
I love the song from the Franklin trailer. Hopefully, they make a whole radio channel with new school west coast songs having this vibe. Don't care if they are popular or not. Please no whack sh*t.

I assume there is, in GTAIV for every character there was a radio station that fitted with their story/lifestyle. I expect this will be the same for GTAV

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (greenrock @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:55)
Trevor lifting up michael, it seems like they are close friends and they don't have a strained relationship

Yeah that part got me thinking, Trev an Mich are close... maybe even relatives ? maybe they're bro's ?

I think I am looking to far into it tounge2.gif

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:23)
Did you guys notice how there was zero about Epsilon? Not even a friend of any of the three protags that had a friend who was a member of the cult or something. It's obvious they are indeed keeping plenty back. Maybe the previews will talk about it though, but i have a feeling they wont.

Indeed, no Epsilon to be found in these trailers.... (not in the ones before too)

Could Epsilon be the mysterious 4th slot ?

.JimmyHopkins.
  • .JimmyHopkins.

"We die alone, but we live among men."

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 12:26)
QUOTE (greenrock @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:55)
Trevor lifting up michael, it seems like they are close friends and they don't have a strained relationship

Yeah that part got me thinking, Trev an Mich are close... maybe even relatives ? maybe they're bro's ?

I think I am looking to far into it tounge2.gif

Old news...we already know from the GameInformer Magazine that they were old partners in the past...people seem to forget.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users