Best and worst job

41 replies to this topic
Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

I think it's a matter of opinion, really.
It all depends on what each person would like to do and what that job is like in comparison to their current job (if any)

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Best probably goes to culinary work, music production, biophysics-related work, or journalism. I love all those things and would probably pour my entire being into the work for as long as I could, hah. I'd even go for something in the vein of teaching if I felt like I'd be an all right influence on the kids.

As for worst, I don't really know. I'm trying to think of something I absolutely despise doing but if there's enough money in it you bet I'd compromise myself to get that dough.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:59 AM Edited by lucid121, 04 May 2013 - 05:22 AM.

QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 01:38)
QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:04)
QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:49)
QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 08:21)
I think Software engineer is the best, because you working in low stress enviroment and get a good pay nothing gets better than that.

Software engineer is part of my title. Trust me it is not a low stress environment. I've been in the field since the 90's and I have the stress to prove it.

Oh well, but atleast I get to do what I love and get good cash for it.

True, and it can pay well.

Btw if you a software engineer, can you make codes, spam bots and viruses?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Just A Stupid Kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

The best for me:
Software design
Stock car racing
Architect
Acting / Voice acting
Animation
Psychology
Music (As long as it is the right genre)

The worst for me:
Janitor
Childcare (Watching Supernanny right now)
Oil Field Hand (My Dad's job, he hates it)
Athletics
Agriculture
Landfill Worker
Basically anything with actual physical labor

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Friday, May 3 2013, 23:59)
QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 01:38)
QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:04)
QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:49)
I think Software engineer is the best, because you working in low stress enviroment and get a good pay nothing gets better than that.

Software engineer is part of my title. Trust me it is not a low stress environment. I've been in the field since the 90's and I have the stress to prove it.

Oh well, but atleast I get to do what I love and get good cash for it.

True, and it can pay well.

Btw if you a software engineer, can you make codes, spam bots and viruses?

Yes - pretty easy stuff.

Although, it may depend on how serious you are about your career. Lately I've seen a lot of people in the industry that don't have it 'in their blood' and just pursued the career for the money or whatever. If software design/engineering is in your blood you can pretty much do anything.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Worst jobs I know of...

Center console box lid folding.

You know that leather over your console lid? The person who does that job has to take pre cut skins and put them in an oven for 20 some seconds take it out apply glue around the edges and stretch it over the hard plastic lid and fold it into place perfectly. Over and over again for hours on end. The heated leather can cause some minor blisters on your fingertips. Add the heat of the oven to how hot it can get inside a production facility.

Urocore waterjet insulation

This is a machine that makes many automotive parts, mainly head liners and rear shelves. This machine creates and forms parts made out of bleach white fiberglass insulation that can razor burn skin that is sensitive to such material. Working with this material can turn any muscle bound badass into a complete crybaby pussy.

Mass production injection molded parts: Nintendo Japan

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I'm going to be specific with this one. The top and bottom parts of the deck are molded ABS plastic parts that ran off of two giant molding machine next to each other running off two belts. The deck parts are molded and put on a belt at 34 seconds a piece. Imagine having to deal with both machines at the same time, making sure the top molded part has no defects around the "Nintendo" logo and the "on/off" was readable and making sure the bottom parts FCC was readable with ZERO mold defects.

Best jobs I know of...

Safety coordinator

Easy, pays f*cking great and all you do is look for ways to improve areas from accidents. You also respond to emergency situations and accidents. A good job for those who are problem solvers and have certified training in safety. I highly recommend it.

Interpreter

Know two languages? Get paid decent money to communicate to others. Win.

Strip Club Manager

Enough said.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by bud23, 04 May 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Best jobs are creative jobs, those where there are no pre-established functions, those where the days are different between themselves.

A few of them come to my mind ; something related with writing, architecture, scientific research work, teacher (preferably in a university), pilot(much Top Gun memories), working at Rockstar games, hooker, gigolo etc ....

Worst jobs; Manual and repetitive jobs. Agriculture jobs, manufacture works, waiter etc...

But yeah, at end of the day, the best job is a blowjob. Thatīs why we work so hard.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Remember cleaning rotten grain (mixed with stagnant water) out of the bottom of the elevator shafts in the old style wooden grain elevators? The smell use to be f*cking unbelievable - so bad that the flies wouldn't hang around.

Worst job ever!

archfiend
  • archfiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 16:37)
Remember cleaning rotten grain (mixed with stagnant water) out of the bottom of the elevator shafts in the old style wooden grain elevators? The smell use to be f*cking unbelievable - so bad that the flies wouldn't hang around.

Worst job ever!

LOL

Try working In a slaughter house 12 hours a day and your exhausted 5 hours in. The whole place stinks to high heaven, it's humid and you and your co-workers are bored out of their minds because of the tedious nature of the job. Your own clothes are splattered with blood. There are no windows to the outside world.
I would have the job of numbering/labelling the pigs with a pencil straight after the culling. The pigs were on hooks on a conveyor belt that went quite fast. I was doing the job of three people by myself because of cutbacks. The pencil would eventually break or need sharpening and it would really set me back, so I had to work even harder to get the job done.
That my friends is hard, soul destroying work sad.gif

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 17:49)

Is it really that stressful? I mean yeah, I can imagine being on a computer all day doing nothing but coding, researching etc.. can be ridiculous but at least it pays a whole ton which in turn I guess makes you less stressful considering how much money you get, right? smile.gif

kev210
  • kev210

Los Santos!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:41 AM Edited by kev210, 06 May 2013 - 11:45 AM.

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 17:51)
So, what do you think is the best and worst job.IMO, I think Software engineer is the best, because you working in low stress enviroment and get a good pay nothing gets better than that.I also think a dentist is a good job.And the worst job is lumberjack, you have to cut wood, work in a forest and for what?!pennies?NO WAYS!So that's basically what I think are worst/best jobs.

Best Job? sit at home and play games and watch tv. biggrin.gif
Worst Job? Study. cryani.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by nightwalker83, 06 May 2013 - 12:00 PM.

QUOTE (Mockage @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 06:14)
QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 17:49)

Is it really that stressful? I mean yeah, I can imagine being on a computer all day doing nothing but coding, researching etc.. can be ridiculous but at least it pays a whole ton which in turn I guess makes you less stressful considering how much money you get, right? smile.gif

I guess it would depend on the type of individual who is doing that job. Me... I would get stressed too easily. While I am yet to actually work in the IT field spending the past 15 years coding as a hobby and well as being a hermit has taken its toll. The past five years I have spend earning my IT diplomas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users