Photo

Best and worst job

41 replies to this topic
lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

So, what do you think is the best and worst job.IMO, I think Software engineer is the best, because you working in low stress enviroment and get a good pay nothing gets better than that.I also think a dentist is a good job.And the worst job is lumberjack, you have to cut wood, work in a forest and for what?!pennies?NO WAYS!So that's basically what I think are worst/best jobs.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:07 PM Edited by Stephan123, 30 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Best job for me would be to work in the top level management of Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, BMW or Daimler. You have a huge responsibility but have also the opportunity to shape the strategy of a big company from a key sector of our economy.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

For me, or in general?

General:
Best: Engineer, of any type, but especially computers and electronics. They get payed lots of money and know a lot about the world.
Worst: Food Services, especially counter work at a fast food joint. Dealing with hundreds of people a day, including idiots who order the wrong thing and didn't realize it sounds like one of the most stressful things to have to do.

Opinion:
Best: I think being a mathematician would be pretty nice. You get to sit in an office and work with computers and numbers all day. It's a shame that only the best of the best get that sort of job.
Worst: Teaching (Secondary education especially); I'm not good with kids, and the sh*t teachers have to go through every day seems like it'd make me want to eventually kill myself. Then a lot of teachers have to create their lesson plans on their own time. It's a noble job, but I don't think I could put up with it.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by rudy., 30 April 2013 - 02:07 PM.

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 12:21)
I also think a dentist is a good job.

Not really.

Yanking scummy teeth throughout your life can turn you into a psychopath.

Once when I went to dental checkup, my dentist told me to close my eyes, and open my mouth wide so that he can insert some sort of elliptical shaped dental instrument into my mouth. I obeyed, and I felt that instrument come into my mouth. The taste was of that thing was a bit salty. I usually have a strange habit of biting whatever a dentist puts into my mouth, and I did the same, and he said "Hey, stop biting my instrument". And then, I heard someone say "What the f*ck" and I felt the thing withdrawn from my mouth, and I was like "Hey, put that back into my mouth, it tastes awesome". When I opened my eyes, I saw my dad violently punching the dentist. I had no idea why he did that.

Thereafter, my father never took me to the dentist. I still keep wondering what the dentist could have possibly done that made my father run into fisticuffs with him.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

My prepared course, political science will be my best job.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

^well if you enjoy of it, then it will be the best job. smile.gif

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Best job: Just the other day I saw the spot of the danish judge in the european human rights council opened up. Now that would be something, considering I'm starting law school this year.

Worst job: Anything that has to do with making food. It's just not my thing.

Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Best: "ignorant" self-made billionare, the one who said "f*ck school" and ended up being rich as f*ck.
Worst: public high school teacher, the worst job for someone who has a degree, most of them could lose their job anytime and they get 1200 euros/month

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

So, what do you think is the best and worst job.IMO, I think Software engineer is the best, because you working in low stress enviroment and get a good pay nothing gets better than that.I also think a dentist is a good job.And the worst job is lumberjack, you have to cut wood, work in a forest and for what?!pennies?NO WAYS!So that's basically what I think are worst/best jobs.

Completely depends on what you're after in a job.

You say Lumberjack would be sh*t because its outside, its hard work and you don't get paid millions for it, so what? To some people working with their hands outside is the dream, I know I'd certainly rather be doing that than staring at a computer screen on my own all day as a software engineer.

Also, the low-stress thing, I've always worked well under-pressure and whenever you're under-stress at work its a sign that whatever you're doing is necessary and important. To me that's a positive thing within reason.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Max. @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 16:54)

Completely depends on what you're after in a job.

You say Lumberjack would be sh*t because its outside, its hard work and you don't get paid millions for it, so what? To some people working with their hands outside is the dream, I know I'd certainly rather be doing that than staring at a computer screen on my own all day as a software engineer.

Also, the low-stress thing, I've always worked well under-pressure and whenever you're under-stress at work its a sign that whatever you're doing is necessary and important. To me that's a positive thing within reason.

Amen to this.

I farm and also work for local authorities, two very different jobs.
Also working with a chainsaw is a nice job, the smell of freshly cut conifers and being in the fresh air all day, really keeps you healthy and you get a good night's sleep.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 08:21)
I think Software engineer is the best, because you working in low stress enviroment and get a good pay nothing gets better than that.

Software engineer is part of my title. Trust me it is not a low stress environment. I've been in the field since the 90's and I have the stress to prove it.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Best: Freelance journalist

Worst: Anything my parents want me to be

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Dunno about the worst, but BEER TESTER is obviously the best! biggrin.gif
You actually get payed to taste and drink beer, how cool is that?

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:49)
I think Software engineer is the best, because you working in low stress enviroment and get a good pay nothing gets better than that.

Software engineer is part of my title. Trust me it is not a low stress environment. I've been in the field since the 90's and I have the stress to prove it.

Oh well, but atleast I get to do what I love and get good cash for it.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Best job - Gigolo to the stars
Worst job - Honey badger inseminator

jenlove
  • jenlove

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Nipperkins @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 21:54)

Worst: Anything my parents want me to be

That's the worst job you ever have. cry.gif

Best job: Chef

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:04)
QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:49)

Oh well, but atleast I get to do what I love and get good cash for it.

True, and it can pay well.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

"Best jobs" all depends on the person. I'd like to have an outside job. With my knowledge of cars already at a young age, I'd be a great mechanic. I don't mind working. It's actually quite fun, and always gives me something to do.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:27)
For me, or in general?

General:
Best: Engineer, of any type, but especially computers and electronics. They get payed lots of money and know a lot about the world.
Worst: Food Services, especially counter work at a fast food joint. Dealing with hundreds of people a day, including idiots who order the wrong thing and didn't realize it sounds like one of the most stressful things to have to do.

However, that depends on whether or not you can get a job! Apparently, it is really hard to get a job in IT and that that makes the 5 years I spend studying it really useful. sarcasm.gif

SRB
  • SRB

Riding the highway to nowhere.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Isn't there a job that requires you to occupy islands? I think they get paid alot for it also. I guess that would be the greatest job probably ever made.

I would think being a drive through window worker would probably be the worst.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

Like they always say, the best job is a blowjob. turn.gif

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Best: Professional football player. You know, if you had the skills. Otherwise you'd just look like a c*nt for 5 minutes before being subbed off and sacked.

Worst: Being Serena Williams' masseuse/sports therapist. I just imagine that after a strenuous match she'd be really pent up and full of energy and just looking for some sort of release. She'd easily overpower and rape the sh*t out of me. Then Venus would come in, and although I would normally be able to take her, after the pounding from Serena I'd be weakened and unable to fight her off. After the mental and physical trauma, I'd crawl my battered carcass to the net and hang myself in front of the spectators.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Best- Movie and music director.

Worst- Being the president of any country.

Mar
  • Mar

Pino no Usagi

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 21:24)

+1 icon14.gif

Best job for me would honestly depend what stage in my life I'm going through.

Currently: I've applied for this teaching job, which I'm pretty positive I'm going to get, but it deals with getting to teach children basic fun science experiments and doing huge assemblies at camps and such. SOUNDS SO MUCH FUN TO ME!

Worst Job: ANYTHING having to deal with sitting on a phone and trying to sell things to people. I'm a saleswoman, but I have to be in person or it just never works for me.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

It's a matter of perspective I guess...

Become a successful enough trader - with options, futures contracts, stocks, and markets in general - to permanently sustain self-employment from a home office at any given time. For tax purposes, get employed anyway at a "fun" work environment or interesting industry in your field (in my case: Formula 1, NBA, R*, etc.). Filter a portion of the earned assets into interest-bearing saving accounts, commodities, and cash for spending; activism, philanthropy, and hedonism.

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Best: Fighter Pilot
Worst: Primary School Teacher

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 03:11)
Best: Professional football player. You know, if you had the skills. Otherwise you'd just look like a c*nt for 5 minutes before being subbed off and sacked.

Haha, like this guy?

But seriously, being a top-level international sportsman in nearly any sport would be a fantastic life to have whilst you're young.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by GTAction99, 01 May 2013 - 07:58 PM.

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 13:57)
For me, or in general?

General:

I am thinking of becoming a computer engineer when I grow up, atleast now I know they get payed good. icon14.gif

Best: Sportscar/Exotic car tester, you get to drive all the cool and fast cars before they hit the market.

Worst: Cleaning a outhouse? (I dunno)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Working at a model train store would be an awesome job because you're surrounded by model trains.

Working as a lawyer would have to be the worst job ever. You have to take a bunch of crap from a judge who doesn't care about you, and you don't even to go outside for recess!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 02:24)

icon14.gif This is most definetly the truth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users