For those using laptops

7 replies to this topic
SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

If you are using a laptop to play gta iv you must be aware of a few things.... unless you use a laptop specifically designed for gaming, you can expect less than stellar results. laptop hardware is never as powerful as a desktop machine. you often have sub par graphics cards (intel hd 3000 and hd4000) just will not cut it for this game. so if you write in " im on a laptop and my game wont run right, understand there is little we can do to help you. you cannot upgrade a laptop and all the command lines in the world wont really help.

Let me remoind you one more time, LAPTOPS ARE VERY POOR FOR GAMING....PERIOD!!!!!!!

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (SlaveZer0 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 12:05)
LAPTOPS ARE VERY POOR FOR GAMING....PERIOD!!!!!!!

Its just a laptop with the equivalent spec of a desktop will cost a lot more, not a lot will pay 1000+ for a gaming laptop.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Good topic SlaveZerO, this makes a lot of sense-it really does. smile.gif

After doing some research on my laptop and desktop(both of which have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit), I have found that Desktops use A LOT less memory AND Processor power than laptops do for some reason? I have an AMD A6 Quad core processor on my desktop and 4GB DDR3 Ram and my laptop has an Intel I5 Processor and 6GB DDR3 Ram...yet, the desktop has less memory usage and processor usage than the laptop.? confused.gif

IV and EFLC run A LOT better on my desktop than the laptop...Everything is a lot smoother on the desktop. Just curious on why desktops seem to use less ram and processor power than laptops? Since you own a computer company, I figured you would be the best one to ask? smile.gif

I still don't get why people try to run games like IV and EFLC on Intel(and lower) cards as they obviously DO NOT meet the specs, as is noted on the package the games come in AND in the Pinned "Can I Run it.." thread?

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

i dont have all the answers... and the clockspeeds on laptop vs desktop is a mystery to me... i dont know why they run differently. but i will get you an answer.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

the clock speeds on a laptop cpu use a lower multiplier to keep heat down as much as possible, otherwise it would melt.

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by EvilDog77, 14 May 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Fortunately these days a good gaming laptop won't cost you the earth. I picked up a fantastic little runner from Novatech last summer. Cost me under 700 (no pre-installed OS) and runs GTA and BF3 on high settings at 1080p when hooked up to my TV.

If you already have a spare Windows product key and stay away from 'mainstream' sh*tholes like PC World and the likes, you can find yourself a real bargain.

EDIT: This is pretty much the same spec as the one I bought, but with a bigger HDD (Mine was 500gb SSD Hybrid):

http://www.novatech....eliten1535.html

Their full range of gaming laptops: http://www.novatech..../laptop/gaming/

perern
  • perern

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

Running on laptop, everything maxed and icenhancer 2.1
Getting 30-40 FPS
GTX 675MX overclockes to 855 - 950

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (perern @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 08:55)
Running on laptop, everything maxed and icenhancer 2.1
Getting 30-40 FPS
GTX 675MX overclockes to 855 - 950

yeah sounds like you have a gaming laptop... so dont make it seem like you got a "mainstream" laptop doing something special. but then again you may be full of it, a lot of laptops (most in fact) do not have the ability to overclock the processor let alone the graphics card - i said most, not all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users