Photo

iPhone vs Android

77 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

From my experiences Android is the future, great interface and as easy as can be using it.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Burbalade @ Friday, May 3 2013, 05:02)

And I have over $1000 worth off music

That's your own fault.

on iTunes so that pretty much settled it.

You know you can put that music on an Android too, right? No, you obviously don't. If you did you wouldn't have said anything.

Being able to have one phone instead of a phone plus an iPod is a huge plus.

The iPod is not the only MP3 player in existence. And again, you can put your music on an Android.

I agree with all your other points, hence why I have an Android, but The guy has a point with the music player thing.

Syncing music between most Android phones and your PC is like a scene straight from a horror movie, It's laggy as f*ck, it takes a long time, it's glitchy and the third party (Not from google) programs are terrible. Samsung's "Kies" Is easily the worst program I have ever had on my computer.

Iphone is extremely simple to do, and you can do it straight from Itunes which is quite easily the best source for legitimate music, as soon as you download a new song you can plug it in and it automatically transfers straight over with Album Artwork and everything intact, the music player on iOS is definitely smoother than any Android player as well, not by a huge margin, but it is noticeable. Plus you have the added bonus of downloading music from Itunes straight to your phone when you hear it with the ability to transfer it to your computer rather simply later.

Like I said before though, I feel that music capabilities would be the sole reason for me to buy iPhone over Android, other than that, Android all the way.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

Android. More customization, more features and more phone choices (considering it's on multiple devices whereas iOS is on iPad, iPod and iPhone only).

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by gtamann123, 04 May 2013 - 03:42 AM.

QUOTE (Burbalade @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 18:02)
QUOTE (rudy. @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 02:14)
Neither, I prefer Galaxy Note. I love keeping it in my rear pocket.

It looks like a bulging on my ass.

Galaxy Note IS an Android.

I picked up the Galaxy and it's huge size instantly sent up red flags.

The galaxy is far from the only Android phone available.

Much more user friendly and easier.

It's really not. It's only easier if you're already used to the OS and have never used an Android. For a user new to both operating systems, the iOS isn't going to be much, if any easier to learn.

And I have over $1000 worth off music

That's your own fault.

on iTunes so that pretty much settled it.

You know you can put that music on an Android too, right? No, you obviously don't. If you did you wouldn't have said anything.

Being able to have one phone instead of a phone plus an iPod is a huge plus.

The iPod is not the only MP3 player in existence. And again, you can put your music on an Android.

IMO Androids are hard to use.

As I've said, someone picking up a smart phone for the first time isn't going to find one any easier than the other. If you have an iPhone, and have never had an Android, obviously you know the iOS better which is why it is currently easier for you to use.

The iphone operating system works faster than android and the games runs faster aswell.

Maybe if you're comparing the latest iPhone to an aged basic model Android that wasn't intended for gaming.

I got my first iPod when I was 10 and I have been accumulating music off of iTunes since then. So it isn't really "my fault" I have such a large library of music I payed for since it was my only exposure to Internet music. I never did get into the illegal downloading stuff too much.

And I honestly didn't know that iTunes is compatible with an Android phone. Can you expand on that?

I had a Droid X2 for a while so I have experience with android. But since I got my IPhone 5 there's no way in hell I'm ever going back. Unless Android starts releasing some kind if super computer do it all space device from the far future that can play my iTunes and work as well as an IPhone then I think I'm with apple for the foreseeable future.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I've had a Galaxy Gio since the day it came out, and I've always loved Android. I also know some girl with a S3 (which I use almost daily) so I also know how more recent android devices feel like. But since I bought an Ipod I just noticed that UI is much easier to use, that the whole feeling of the OS in general is better, and that it works much smoother, and the list goes on. I use CM10.1 on my phone, so I run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. And compared to that, iOS easily wins. When you get yourself an android phone you can buy one as expensive as an Iphone, or one that's only 100. But when you buy something from Apple you 'll always have the same quality, and a great resell value. I don't really see why peole always use Apple's "box" as an argument to not try anything from Apple. Apple delivers great products, and even though Androis a great alternative, it 'll probably never really beat iOS imo.

The opinion of a guy who has always hated Apple products, until he actually tried one.

gallardo555
  • gallardo555

IMAGINE Mods

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:16 AM Edited by gallardo555, 04 May 2013 - 10:20 AM.

Had Android in the past, I thought I'm gonna stick that piece of s**t right into Schmidt's arse. I bought an iPod touch, and later an iPhone. iPhone 3GS, which I'm using even today, after 3 years of use.

The reason is not that I wanted to "be cool", but that it's got the iOS, which has really simple user interface. A feature that I really need on a phone.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I trust have a traditional clamshell folding cell phone. Only $20 a month. I used to have an Android, but it was $50 a month.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

they both suck

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Windows.

xMohawkkinGx
  • xMohawkkinGx

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Android. The factor of Apple on the iPhone alone turns me away. Here's my prediction...iPhone 5$ 1G-$100; 8G-$1000 w/ 10 year contract

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Android is total rubbish,

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by Voodoo, 30 May 2013 - 11:51 AM.

I've had several Android devices and I much prefer open source and not being locked into any bullsh*t proprietary hardware. I'm currently carrying a new HTC One M7 and it is badass by any comparison.

user posted image

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

That GIF tells the truth Voodoo.

Anyways easy choice, Android. I use a Galaxy S3 and the customization and features just demolish what the iPhone offers. The iPhone is just a simple, no-brainer device. Android for the win. It has it all plus more.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

I would rather either of these compared to what i have Blackberry
And i have no excuses, i actually picked it when i upgraded my contract. Live and learn.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Can anyone explain to me one single technical way that Apple's closed-source, centrally driven, exploitive and intrusive operating system and the form-over-function handsets that accompany it are measurably superior to equivalent current Android builds and handsets, I'm all ears. iOS in it's most recent interpretation is a resource-hungry monolith with a list of fundamental security flaws as long as my arm, which fails as a smart operating system in comparison to Android due to its closed nature and centrally driven gradual improvement at the cost of actual innovation, and fails as an enterprise system in comparison to the BlackBerry OS due to its inherent security flaws and customer rather than enterprise centric operational management infrastructure. Its basically Fisher Price "My First Smartphone OS" with only limited user functionality even after jailbreaking, at an obscene price. There is nothing an iPhone 5 will do which a Nexus 4 won't do better for less than half the price. If I want I can dual-boot my Nexus with Ubuntu, fill it with Metasploit, Nessus, John the Ripper, NMap and Aircrack and use it as a pentesting tool to rival most commercial Linux laptops, all for 200 and a few hours of my time. I'd like to see someone do that with an iPhone.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Androids obviously, lets look at the evidence and you'll see quite clearly why Androids are much better

iPhone:
Inanimate object
Requires a lot of human interface
Has no ability to think for itself and relies on human programming
Can't make a cup of coffee
Can't fire a gun
Needs constant attention to recharge

Android:
Fully animate
No need for human interface (in fact may be liable to kill a few humans)
Can think for itself (and they even dream of metal sheep)
Can make a cup of coffee
Can fire a gun
Due to own intelligence can recharge itself.

Supporting picture evidence:

iPhone:
user posted image

Android:
user posted image

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I love android for the reason that I can drag and drop my music through Windows Explorer instead of "Syncing" it to my iPod with most of the time results in half of my music being deleted off the iPod and the music not even being transferred in the first place.

With android I can overclock, underclock, create new partitions for the Internal Memory increasing it to about 1GB, insert SD Cards up to 64GB (I think), download open-source apps from the XDA forums that do wonders for every day use and so much more.

-Wheatley

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

I think the Nexus 4 alone owns the iPhone. Then you got the new S4 with that sexy 1.9 GHz processor. icon14.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

How would a CPU be "sexy"...???

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 14:21)
QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 03:01)

I prefer jailbroken ios. However I have a gs2 for over a year now, because it simply is cheaper.

I'd love to get a lumina - they look great and the ui looks pretty nice. Only problem is I have no idea about the windows os or any of the apps it has.

Same here. Anyone around here ever used a WP8 phone? How is it compared to jellybean OS?

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Iphones are the most overrated sh*t on the market.

1)They are restrictive
2) Cant send things to other people. Over complicates it.
3)Thick, and there are much better designed phones out there.
4)Not as advanced as other phones, but more expensive.
5) I tunes for everything? Move on i tunes stinks!

I dont have an android, but i use my gf's all the time when she's around and its so much f*cking better. I phones are sh*t! They really are.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 22:02)

Why is it total rubbish? My One M7 and my Galaxy S2 before that blew any iPhone out of the water.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

pap had a Windows phone at least for a while. He used it to spy on us while we were on Xbox Live when he was stuck working. Other than that I don't remember him saying there was anything special about it. That Lumina looks nice but I would be really hesitant to trade the freedom I have with Android OS for basically another proprietary system like iOS. Plus last I heard, they had like three apps for it.

Obviously, everyone has their own opinion but I think this is sexy. It was either this or an S4 and after testing them both the choice was pretty simple.

user posted image

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

I prefer Ericsson.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I do whatever Oprah tells me to do/buy. She hasn't said anything specific on phones yet.

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 22:02)

I like how the comma suggests you were intending to elaborate, but didn't have any points to actually make.

My last three phones have been Androids (Desire, Xperia Play, Nexus 4), and my next three probably will be too. I was tempted to give WP a try, but Android is constantly getting better and better and I've probably become too dependent on Google's ecosystem to leave now. I haven't ever considered getting an iPhone simply because of Apple's dominance of the platform. Want an iOS device? It'll be the iPhone. Want an Android device? You have a huge range of manufacturers, price ranges, form factors, etc. to choose from. The only issue for me was availability of software updates, but since going Nexus this is no longer an issue.

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

I can't really say which one is better because it just comes down to personal preference but I like the iPhone more because of the iOS, nice design and iTunes

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by mincemate003, 30 May 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Disclaimer: I've used an iPod Touch since February of 2012, and a Galaxy Axiom since December of 2012. I've been using click-wheel iPods since December of 2007 though.

I'm going to have to echo the sentiment that Android is a far more superior OS, although I do find that iOS is better for me when it comes to music. For the past few months I've been using Spotify on my Android phone to sync a mixture of local files and downloaded music, and it works okay. Spotify is going to absolute sh*t though, so I might have to abandon it soon. iOS just works better due to me having a library that I've worked hard to organize and sync and whatnot since 2009 (and I've used iTunes overall since 2007). I'm sure I'll find a good alternative though.

That being said, Android is a lot better for anything else. The features from widgets, whether they be app updates or system tool toggles, are something I miss a lot on iOS. I also like how the Android drop-down notification menu is actually useful (and has shortcuts for settings). Being able to create, modify, and delete homescreens with ease on Android is a great ability. I also enjoy being able to make app icons as I see fit, rather than being stuck with having a single shortcut on my homescreen that can't be deleted (or else I uninstall the program). My phone is pretty much low to mid range, but it runs Android pretty well. The only thing that my iPod does faster is start up and flip through homescreens. Plus being able to do so much under the hood, including managing app settings and installing apps outside of the store, makes me feel like I'm in control of my phone. Can't say that for iOS.

I also forgot to mention that my iPod and phone sit together in a case all day. I don't use my iPod much anymore, but I bring it as backup. Here's a picture, although with outdated homescreens:

user posted image

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 16:50)
iOS is better for me when it comes to music.

If you have a Sony Xperia Z, it runs Android OS and has loads of features for music.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 21:28)
5) I tunes for everything? Move on i tunes stinks!

I don't have an Iphone, I am firmly on the Android bandwagon, however in comparison to the equivalent Android applictation, Itunes is not sh*t, it's actually really good, a huge selection of music for download, easy to sync between PC and Phone, you can download music from Itunes mobile and put it on PC and vice versa. And it's simple and fast to do.

Samsung's version of Itunes, Kies, Is absolutely horrid, it is the worst program I've ever had to deal with on PC. It's slow as hell, it freezes and lags constantly, it doesn't transfer the stuff I want properly, using it is a waste of time, dragging and dropping straight into the folder is easier, that's what I was doing anyway until Samsung suggested I use Kies "For convenience." I can imagine all the rest of the Android phones to be quite similar in this regard.

I have to get all my music from Itunes anyway since that's where I store it/download it from, which conveniently names all my songs and is easy to organise, no freezing, no lagging, no slowness.

Iphones are much much better for music capabilities. Other than that, Android all the way.

user posted image

What phone is that?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 12:18)
What phone is that?

HTC One M7.

user posted image

True, Kies isn't very good but there are several apps for Android that are. sh*t, I just drag and drop my music using Windows Explorer or sync via WiFi with Winamp Pro or Astro. The thing that makes Android better is variety and constant development.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users