Quantcast

» «
Photo

iPhone vs Android

77 replies to this topic
KFranchise
  • KFranchise

Marquess of Queensberry rules only baby!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

The question that you know I'm gonna ask: Which is the better phone and why?
user posted image

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Android because of the interface, customization, and a variety of different handsets.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Like for Michelangelo!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Nokia

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

i hope we can chose what kinda phone can use iFruit or an Android type.

crispypistonx8
  • crispypistonx8

SAVANT OF MECHANICAL DEATH

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

I like/currently have an Android, but there's no question that Apple stuff is a lil bit better quality.

BTW what the f*ck adobe? Why u try an leave, you know we will never let you!

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 01:25)

user posted image

I thinks you took a wrong turn.

Now, let's see you just drop them there pants.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Android. I use an IPhone because I like the minimalist interface.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 01:53)
QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 01:25)

user posted image

I thinks you took a wrong turn.

Now, let's see you just drop them there pants.

man im high af and that just made my night
thanks

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Neither, I prefer Galaxy Note. I love keeping it in my rear pocket.

It looks like a bulging on my ass.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

I got an IPhone 5 over a galaxy. I picked up the Galaxy and it's huge size instantly sent up red flags. It's way too big for my tastes and the iPhone felt just right. Plus I like the IPhone interface better. Much more user friendly and easier. And I have over $1000 worth off music on iTunes so that pretty much settled it. Being able to have one phone instead of a phone plus an iPod is a huge plus. I wouldn't say one is better than the other but the IPhone was better for my tastes and needs.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

Maybe I could prefer for both of them, since I do have an android and iOS devices today. Both have some good features though that make them quality-wise.

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Well, I've never owned an apple product in my life, so I can't really say, but I do love my HTC One X, which is Android of course, so I'll say Android.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 13:14)

That is an Android phone dude....

I prefer Android, IPhones are too small and no expandable memory, they are also very fragile. I would like the iPhones superior music playing and syncing abilities, but I just bought an iPod. Samsung is better in my opinion.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 05:14)

You just went full retard. Galaxy Note = Android.

OT: Android is the best. Never used iOS before. I've heard apps are expensive.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 06:09)
QUOTE (rudy. @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 05:14)

You just went full retard. Galaxy Note = Android.

Woah there!

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:42 AM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 10 May 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Currently have a Galaxy S. I changed my mind, Androids are better. You can customize it and you can also download music in the phone. You just need a mp3 downloader and you can download music without the use of your PC/Laptop.
and @TPAM, COOLMAN is right. Never go full retard. lol.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Android all the way massive fan of the notes currently got the note 2. But saying that I have never liked apple. Apple was always the company coming up the rear end of microsoft just lapping up the sh*t they didn't want. Well that's how I saw it through my childhood.

Not to mention iphone users don't have complete mentality either. Saw on my local things for sale site someone selling an iphone 4 the advert went like this. Iphone4 great condition apart from the smashed screen....

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

I prefer jailbroken ios. However I have a gs2 for over a year now, because it simply is cheaper.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

iPhone feels more solid. Android feels fragmented.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Android, works much better and easier for me. And I like the things you can do on Android 4.2.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:32 PM Edited by zoo3891, 30 April 2013 - 12:40 PM.

I've only ever had an Android, and have absolutely no experience with any Apple software (except the terminal, because I've fooled around with Linux stuff before), so I'm probably gonna be biased.

I like that you can edit almost everything with Android. I like that if you don't like your system you're free to download the source of the entire OS and play around with it yourself, and I like how Google/Android supports and encourages this. I hear from iPhone users that using the iPhone is like being stuck in a box made by Apple (hence Jailbreak). I imagine using Apple stuff is a solid experience, but that's all it is is an enjoyable experience, there's no tinkering to it, so I don't think I'd like it much.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Just got an I Phone 5 the other day. Never used the others so no base for comparision. Seems good so far though.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 03:01)

I prefer jailbroken ios. However I have a gs2 for over a year now, because it simply is cheaper.

I'd love to get a lumina - they look great and the ui looks pretty nice. Only problem is I have no idea about the windows os or any of the apps it has.

I'm actually torn. I've had an iphone4 for the past 2.5 years, and have been ready to upgrade for a while - but I'm not sure if I should go the iphone5 route and stick with the interface I'm used to, or wait for the galaxy s4. I know a lot of the apps are on both systems, but there are still some that I wouldn't want to lose. Plus I really do like the integration I have with my workstation and entertainment systems.

Worship
  • Worship

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

The iphone operating system works faster than android and the games runs faster aswell.
It's easy to use, no lags, no sh*t.

So ios.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Togrul @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 14:54)
The iphone operating system works faster than android and the games runs faster aswell.
It's easy to use, no lags, no sh*t.

So ios.

You obviously haven't had much experience with Android on more recent phones, then. Lag is non-existent on Android these days if you get a mid-high end phone with it.

Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 02:14)

Galaxy Note IS an Android.

I picked up the Galaxy and it's huge size instantly sent up red flags.

The galaxy is far from the only Android phone available.

Much more user friendly and easier.

It's really not. It's only easier if you're already used to the OS and have never used an Android. For a user new to both operating systems, the iOS isn't going to be much, if any easier to learn.

And I have over $1000 worth off music

That's your own fault.

on iTunes so that pretty much settled it.

You know you can put that music on an Android too, right? No, you obviously don't. If you did you wouldn't have said anything.

Being able to have one phone instead of a phone plus an iPod is a huge plus.

The iPod is not the only MP3 player in existence. And again, you can put your music on an Android.

IMO Androids are hard to use.

As I've said, someone picking up a smart phone for the first time isn't going to find one any easier than the other. If you have an iPhone, and have never had an Android, obviously you know the iOS better which is why it is currently easier for you to use.

Maybe if you're comparing the latest iPhone to an aged basic model Android that wasn't intended for gaming.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

I've been an Android fan since the first generation of phones (I started with the first gen HTC G1).

I try to avoid 'this vs. that' arguments since they usually just boil down to personal preferences and not really technical differences.

I'm currently in the market for a new phone (leaning towards an HTC One or Samsung Galaxy s4). That is where I think Android wins. As Piperka and others mentioned - with Android you get a wide choice of phones as opposed to Apple and their one [new] current phone provided by one company(Apple).

Android is also way more developer friendly. To be an Android developer it is a one time fee of $30. To develop for iPhone it is a $100 a year fee not to mention a way harsher review process. I believe there is also a publishing fee paid per app for iPhone stuff(could be wrong with that one).

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 20:21)
...but I'm not sure if I should go the iphone5 route and stick with the interface I'm used to, or wait for the galaxy s4. I know a lot of the apps are on both systems, but there are still some that I wouldn't want to lose. Plus I really do like the integration I have with my workstation and entertainment systems.

I say you go for none of them and that you go for the HTC one. The iPhone5 might me faster and stronger than the previous models but it is still relatively a fragile device and the Galaxy S3 and S4 look like plastic toys and the octa core processor in it really isn't an octa core processor really as it can make use of 4 cores simultaneously. Since you're looking to keep the integration with your other devices I'd keep the iPhone5 as a choice with the HTC One. I mainly ruled out the S4 because of several factors such as the design (self explanatory). The software's really a push and no one wins really between these two devices. The screen of the HTC one also has a definate advantage over the S4 due to the higher pixel density of the screen and more accurate color profile as well. Looking at both of the phone camera's in light situations it's more or less a push but the S4 struggles to compete with the One as the Ultrapixel camera excels in low light situations. In terms of battery I must admit the Galaxy S4 is the clear winner due to it's 2600 mAh battery and the fact that it has a removable battery which the one does not have. In terms of performance the S4 wins in benchmarks but it's hard to notice in real life since the performance is very similar since both of them use the latest Snap dragon chipset.

Of course you can't go wrong with either phone obviously as they are the most powerful Android devices to date but I'd say the One beats the S4. Also if you don't like the Sense user interface you can just root the device and run stock Android on it.

TextureData
  • TextureData

RIP Borat! 15-04-2013

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well I Have an Microwave iPhone 4

ForumName
  • ForumName

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Apple is just so bad it's not even funny. Their phones are always behind Samsung's yet they are way overpriced. They hold out on features from each new phone just so they can put it in the next. Samsung is guilty of this to, but at least they are slightly more innovative and don't sue people for using a rectangular shape. Not to mention Iphones are built using Chinese slave labor and components supplied by Samsung.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users