5 replies to this topic
DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hey,

we can see the flag of the country on the left side of the post. Sometimes I am not sure which country it is or I have never seen this flag, yet.
What's about adding a title to the flag, if the mouse hover above the flag image there would be the name of country.

Cheers

R0FLMA0
  • R0FLMA0

Player Hatter

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

I agree with this fellow.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Well, easiest thing to do is copy & paste image in your browser bar, you'll see 'us.gif, uk.gif' ... That would identify the flag.

It would take alot of work to fit the names of flags or to simply add a hover prompt to it.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 20:27)
Well, easiest thing to do is copy & paste image in your browser bar, you'll see 'us.gif, uk.gif' ... That would identify the flag.

It would take alot of work to fit the names of flags or to simply add a hover prompt to it.

It should not be that difficult due to the connection in the usercenter (if you choose your country you see the full name. So this name has to be connected to the flag image.
The bigger countries can be found with country codes, but there are country codes which are not the official one and then you won't be able to identify the country by the imagecode.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

If everyone had an issue with this then I'm sure they would have done something. I don't think it's really an issue they're worried about at the moment.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Don't they teach geography at school anymore?
You should easily identify, if not all at least most of the flags.

Besides some of the fellows clearly use something else than their own country flag. Like Soviet Union flag, such country has not existed for last 20 years.
You can also see North Korean flags, I doubt anyone from there can log in except their pathetic leader. Maybe he has multiple accounts?

I guess most use their real flag, but You can never be sure. Which makes a title irrelevant. You need to ask in PM if You want to know where from someone is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users