Quantcast

» «
Photo

(Q)modded gta iv keeps freezing/crashing pls help!

1 reply to this topic
JohnnyArmani
  • JohnnyArmani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Ok so i have bought GTA IV (CD retail version) once installed I updated to latest patch 1.0.7.0. I then installed a car pack mod (gta iv cars pack 15 by Kurbahsim--->car pack mod) I then downloaded aru's scripthook 5.1 and IKT's most recent trafficload fix. i do have the msvcr100d.dll in my directory and have updated the .net frameworks. I also have dsound.dll and xlive.dll

most of the time i can play it modded but can only walk around/drive within a block from my safehouse when game starts then the game just freezes, another thing i noticed after playing it about 5 minutes or so when i try to bring up the phone it dissapears(phone issues doesnt happen everytime) and is unusable and when i try to pause the game it just freezes.

by all means my computer should be able to play it with mods without any problems system specs below;

Alienware Aurora R4 - Purchased April 1st, 2013

Processor-Intel Quad Core i7-3820 SandyBridge-E CPU @ 3.6 OC @ 4.1
RAM -16 GB
System -Windows 7 64-bit OS
Graphics -DUAL 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (SLI & Physx enabled)
1TB Hard drive

i would VERY much appreciate any ideas and help. i have tried to use other scripthooks and asi loaders (cant remember which ones right now) but they have not helped, actually some kinda made it worse and tried defragging my hard drive using defraggler. im just wondering how some people are able to play with no issues with even more mods than i have installed. oh and i have everything set on medium (but have shadows set to OFF) with distance, detail, and traffic density on 100.

thank you in advance.

**tried to do a benchmark to post with this but GTA IV is unable to benchmark with mods

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Modding questions belong in the modding forums. Moved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users