163 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

To each his own, I guess.

Anyway, let's please move on. What do you suggest in Manga?

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

The Plague Boys - Gunslingers

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 21:52)

The only manga I liked was Mobile Suit Gundam.

Do they make a Ruroni Kenshin manga? I used to love that show on toonami.

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 18:52)

Dragon Ball, the whole series. Seriously, it will be worth your time once you get in the story.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Just got back from the comic store.

I got Batman #20, Batman and Red Hood #20, and Wolverine #3. And I got a bunch of bags and boards for the AvX bundle I bought on Free Comic Book day.

I was close to getting the new Walking Dead, but I'm still on the fence about getting new issues, even though I'm only like 15 issues into Compendium 1.

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 00:26)
Just got back from the comic store.

I got Batman #20, Batman and Red Hood #20, and Wolverine #3. And I got a bunch of bags and boards for the AvX bundle I bought on Free Comic Book day.

I was close to getting the new Walking Dead, but I'm still on the fence about getting new issues, even though I'm only like 15 issues into Compendium 1.

I havent bought a sing new walking dead. Im working through the trades and hope to own them all. Im on the 7th, im not sure how many individual comics that is.

I have been buying the ones I think will be harder to get. Like 100 and 108 (ezekiel woo).

Have you read the books? Like Road to Woodbury or anything?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

No. Too afraid of spoilers. Still only like 15 issues into the compendium.

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Picked up Hawkeye #1 today, its freaking amazing! And I got the walking dead #8 trade. and I got Batman Arkham Asylum, which Im loving. Ima get Arkham City soon.

And I just ordered
Green Arrow: Brightest Day #2
Hawkeye #2 and #3.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

I used to read Tintin comics a lot.
user posted image

And some other like Scooby Doo, and a lot of comics of Marvel

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

Where can I purchase comic books? I haven't seen collectible stores around here... any advice?

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

I would love to get some Scooby Doo comics. Loved the show growing up.

And Foley, I just ordered from Midtowncomics.com . Ill let you know if Im happy with them when I receive my order. You're in the US right?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Yeah, the US.

More specifically, New York

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, May 10 2013, 18:53)
Yeah, the US.

More specifically, New York

You can use this...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/

There used to be another site that I used, but I think they must've shut down.

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

TRAILER FOR AGENTS OF SHIELD!! http://www.youtube.c...d&v=l1YewhQ1OOQ

Looks like its gonna be an awesome show.

still waiting on my shipment of comic books too =/

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

I personally liked Tintin, and I almost read all the stories.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I don't have access to a shop though I have lately been reading the freebies on Marvel Unlimited app, I've always been into comic characters but most of my experiance with them is through cartoons and films.

Would anyone recommend buying comics on this app?

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by Kobalt__, 15 May 2013 - 07:18 PM.

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 09:23)
I don't have access to a shop though I have lately been reading the freebies on Marvel Unlimited app, I've always been into comic characters but most of my experiance with them is through cartoons and films.

Would anyone recommend buying comics on this app?

Never used the Marvel Unlimited app, but I have used comiXology, and its good.

And heres what I picked up on my last two trips.

user posted image

Age of Ultron #1 and #2

Batman Inc. #8

Jonah Hex

Green Arrow New 52 #0

The Dark Knight New 52 #0

Walking Dead #1

FCBD Walking Dead

Hawkeye #1

East of West #1

Green Arrow Brightest Day #3

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

Got my books for the week.

Have read...
Hawkeye #5. The conclusion of "the Tape" two parter. Every issue I read, I enjoy more than the last.
Nightwing #20. Nightwing is settling into his new digs in Chicago, and gets trapped by the Prankster. The Prankster is pretty psycho. I'm still on the fence about the character.

Haven't read yet...
Batgirl #20
Red Hood and the Outlaws #20

@Kobalt, Those are some pretty good ones, of the ones that I've read. That was the first Batman Inc issue that I read, and might go back and get the trade paperback of vol. 1. I miss Damian Wayne.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'm massively pissed off with DC at the moment for killing off one of my all time favourite characters. I won't be reading any more Batman stories until he comes back, because, honestly, what's the point? Damian Wayne was basically the reason I started getting back into Batman comics and now they've got rid of him I have no impetus to continue reading them.

Any possibility it's all a dream and one day it will turn out that Batman bumped his head in the shower and imagined the whole thing?

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 08:18)
I'm massively pissed off with DC at the moment for killing off one of my all time favourite characters. I won't be reading any more Batman stories until he comes back, because, honestly, what's the point? Damian Wayne was basically the reason I started getting back into Batman comics and now they've got rid of him I have no impetus to continue reading them.

Any possibility it's all a dream and one day it will turn out that Batman bumped his head in the shower and imagined the whole thing?

Quite possibly. Although I could see them bringing him back sometime. It does make it more interesting, to see how batman reacts to some things since he's gone.

And the age of Ultrons are really good. I didn't think I would enjoy them.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by Danz., 17 May 2013 - 12:46 AM.

I've just found my whole Dragon Ball collection in a box inside my wardrobe after 7 years. Such a masterpiece.

My first reading:
user posted image

My favorite scene: (gotta love seeing Freeza getting sliced to pieces)
user posted image

user posted image

I got most of them back in 2004, with the exception of that yellow one, which is from 2001. It is something very special to me and I'm definitely proud of having such a collection.

Although DB's mangas are really awesome, I still preffer the anime over them because it has much more depth. Oh the nostalgia...

Sorry for the page stretch. blush.gif

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Danz. @ Friday, May 17 2013, 00:31)
I've just found my whole Dragon Ball collection in a box inside my wardrobe after 7 years. Such a masterpiece.

My first reading:
user posted image

My favorite scene: (gotta love seeing Freeza getting sliced to pieces)
user posted image

user posted image

I got most of them back in 2004, with the exception of that yellow one, which is from 2001. It is something very special to me and I'm definitely proud of having such a collection.

Although DB's mangas are really awesome, I still preffer the anime over them because it has much more depth. Oh the nostalgia...

Sorry for the page stretch. blush.gif

Now I would love to read those!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 00:18)

I don't think we'll see any kind of return of Damian for a few months. Possibly not until 2014. But I'm pretty confident he'll be back. There's been some good stuff that came from the Aftermath. I especially like the story going on between Bruce and Jason Todd. There's a lot of similarity between what happened with Jason, and what happened with Damian, and Bruce is going through the same emotions all over. Of course he might be more upset at Damian's death, because he's Bruce's son. And Jason feels like Bruce wasn't nearly as upset at his 'death'.

I'm actually pretty excited for Year Zero starting in Batman 21.

@Kobalt, I was going to ask you about Age of Ultron. I'm thinking about picking it up, after I catch up on Hawkeye.

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:42 PM Edited by Kobalt__, 18 May 2013 - 07:28 PM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, May 17 2013, 02:59)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 00:18)

I don't think we'll see any kind of return of Damian for a few months. Possibly not until 2014. But I'm pretty confident he'll be back. There's been some good stuff that came from the Aftermath. I especially like the story going on between Bruce and Jason Todd. There's a lot of similarity between what happened with Jason, and what happened with Damian, and Bruce is going through the same emotions all over. Of course he might be more upset at Damian's death, because he's Bruce's son. And Jason feels like Bruce wasn't nearly as upset at his 'death'.

I'm actually pretty excited for Year Zero starting in Batman 21.

@Kobalt, I was going to ask you about Age of Ultron. I'm thinking about picking it up, after I catch up on Hawkeye.

Yeah, I cant wait for Year Zero.

Age of Ultron is pretty good. A guy I know said it was terrible and the worst one he'd read, but this guy also likes My Little Pony, so I didnt trust his judgement. I bought the first two, and so far I like them.

Here's what I got from Midtown Comics today
user posted image
Green Arrow brightest day #2

Hawkeye #2 &3

And found this in green arrow #2. Kinda funny.
user posted image

I was happy with midtown comics. Some of them had some blemishes, but I'm not lookin for mint quality.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

How much do you guys pay for these comics?
Are they all different prices or is there a standard sort of price range?
I assume these are brand new comics and not old collectors items(yet).

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by Typhus, 18 May 2013 - 04:41 PM.

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 16:02)

Well, I just purchased a few comics online at a place called Comixology and each issue was about 99p. I'm guessing the different companies all have a specific price range based on the length of the comic and the cost of reprinting it.
To be honest, buying them online makes far more sense to me than having to paw through a comic shop, it's just a much easier, faster process.

Here's a link for you guys:
http://www.comixolog...ics-series/9360
If you want a series that's just lighthearted fun, this is guaranteed to make you smile. And sometimes, that's all I really need smile.gif

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 16:02)

Usually new ones that just release go for around $2.99 to $3.29, before they become rare/more valuable. If you wait weeks/months after the release of an issue, you could pay anywhere from $5 and up. For example; Green Arrow #1 in the New 52 series, is going for $8 at my local shop. People will be looking for that first issue, so the price is a little more. But when it first came out, it would have been around $3.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

I want to work out if I want to start buying some online, I don't mean they get sent to me, they save onto my ipad.

Does anyone or would anyone do this?
Obviously, they gain no value over time but its convenient.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Tons of people do it. Some people have gotten rid of their physical collection and have a full digital collection. The Comixology app for iPad is good. You can even pay using the same account you use for iTunes/AppStore.

Kobalt__
  • Kobalt__

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yeah I've gotten a few from comixology and I've been very happy with them. You can even go on their website and buy them there.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

Tomorrow, I'm going on a hunt. I'm gonna go try and hunt down Hawkeye #6 and 7, which I haven't seen at my usual shops.

We'll see about #8, 9, and 10, because there are three DC Annuals coming out this week at $5 a pop. I generally don't like to spend more than $25 on single issue comics a week. Comic buying is a slippery slope, and I'm incredibly susceptible to spending all of my extra cash on them. Gotta keep myself disciplined, or I'll end up with a great comic collection, but no where to put them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users