Photo

Call Of Duty: Ghosts

807 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:51)
QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 21:19)
Who cares? Dude I was talking to HIM so if you don't care that's your problem for joining in.

Are you autistic? You quoted me then you started replying to my post.

I wont reply to this thread any more though so stay mad lol. It's not like an 18 year old kid has anything else to do lmao.

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 21:14)
I still think the fish AI was a huge innovation. Also not to mention character customisation and interactive environmemts. Wait....wasn't this in BO1?

Next gen is HERE!

Are you blind? I quoted you because you asked what it has to do with the other games, and I replied to you giving you my reason, which then led you to start replying back to it causing me to reply back and so on.

And good riddance to you

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

They mocapped a dog.

Sold!

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 23 May 2013 - 03:40 AM.

QUOTE (Apex. @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 01:00)
I think it looks good. Rather excited for this.

£10 bets the dog dies at some point in the storyline.

what if the guy with the mask dies while the dog still alive?
HO!

well, the game doesn't look all that bad if you ask me. one thing I like about this trailer is: no more holywood-esque cheap action scenes with inception horn and dubstep.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Vextroid @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 23:37)
They mocapped a dog.

Sold!

What? Are you serious!!!11 I'm buying three copies, 360, PS3, and Xbox One version.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

If BF4 will run 60FPS ( probaly with 1080p and 64 players ) on next gens. CoD will be dead. simple. especially if DICE goes more into the Action Direction ( based on what we have seen in the 17 min gameplay)

and I posted in the BF4 thread that the EA CTO said that BF4 will run 60FPS and 1080p on PS4. ( no word about player count but it was the main issue on current gen so it will be pretty much solved for nex gens. especially with such a huge amount of RAM

xMohawkkinGx
  • xMohawkkinGx

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

In a lot of cases this "new engine" has very similar graphics to the previous games, Black Ops 2 and MW3. Just some textures up close are rendered better and they added more animations. I really lost my hope in Infinity Ward holding ground after MW3 and the 2010 firings so I am not too excited to get Call of Duty: Ghosts but I might get it for the novelty factor and possibly a poster to add to my endless collection. And I really could care less if games graphics are superb. Unless they really blow me away with the Multiplayer and Singleplayer story I am going to give my money only to EA this time.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 03:51)
If BF4 will run 60FPS ( probaly with 1080p and 64 players ) on next gens. CoD will be dead. simple. especially if DICE goes more into the Action Direction ( based on what we have seen in the 17 min gameplay)

and I posted in the BF4 thread that the EA CTO said that BF4 will run 60FPS and 1080p on PS4. ( no word about player count but it was the main issue on current gen so it will be pretty much solved for nex gens. especially with such a huge amount of RAM

Yeah, BF will rule the next gen, I'll only get COD for the reason of playing with friends.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (xMohawkkinGx @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 05:54)
In a lot of cases this "new engine" has very similar graphics to the previous games, Black Ops 2 and MW3. Just some textures up close are rendered better and they added more animations. I really lost my hope in Infinity Ward holding ground after MW3 and the 2010 firings so I am not too excited to get Call of Duty: Ghosts but I might get it for the novelty factor and possibly a poster to add to my endless collection. And I really could care less if games graphics are superb. Unless they really blow me away with the Multiplayer and Singleplayer story I am going to give my money only to EA this time.

the engine isnt even new:

@ 4:48

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by fireguy109, 23 May 2013 - 04:08 AM.

sh*t man, all I want is for the other guy to die when I shoot him and me to die when bullets are actually hitting me. BO2 has the sh*ttiest lag comp ever. I'm talking "bullets curving around corners" here. Make the guns less OP and the connections good and I don't give a flying f*ck about the graphics or realistic insects or all that crap. Just make it playable. A good campaign would be nice but I think we all know that comes second for COD lol. tounge.gif

E: yeah I hear ya, I'm not that great of a BF player since I have few unlocks/little experience, but at least when I die I deserved it lol.

xMohawkkinGx
  • xMohawkkinGx

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

I know what you are talking about. CoD server systems are terrible. I personally am not here to start a flame war but I prefer the Battlefield server system better. I haven't had many complaints. I always have fun. I didn't smash my PS3 controller over a Battlefield match before.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 23:56)

f*cking lies, again. From my favorite COD developer... come on IW... what are you doing to me.

Most likely going to cancel my pre-order now.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 04:05)

f*cking lies, again. From my favorite COD developer... come on IW... what are you doing to me.

Come E3 you'll be on here saying how you love it. orly.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:07)

You wish. I changed with this sh*t.

I have way more important games to look forward to at E3. I'm tired of bullsh*t lies and coverups.

•¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•
  • •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:10)

[center*][*youtube]ciRQ0XsPoQs[/youtube][/center]

I have way more important games to look forward to at E3. I'm tired of bullsh*t lies and coverups.

It's funny though because you've said the exact same thing for the last two years, I'm not trying to bag you out, but you will definitely buy this game haha.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 03:57)
sh*t man, all I want is for the other guy to die when I shoot him and me to die when bullets are actually hitting me. BO2 has the sh*ttiest lag comp ever. I'm talking "bullets curving around corners" here. Make the guns less OP and the connections good and I don't give a flying f*ck about the graphics or realistic insects or all that crap. Just make it playable. A good campaign would be nice but I think we all know that comes second for COD lol. tounge.gif

E: yeah I hear ya, I'm not that great of a BF player since I have few unlocks/little experience, but at least when I die I deserved it lol.

This man gets it. No one cares about FPS, no one cares about a new engine just make the game playable and pay for servers or turn the lag comp down for sh*t's sake. I get shot by people who aren't even on my screen at the time. What's that like a half a second/second delay haha? That's crazy.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Call of Duty Ghosts: not a new engine, but is upgraded says dev
Call of Duty: Ghosts was shown at Microsoft’s Xbox One reveal on Tuesday, and with it, speculation of a new game engine followed. It’s not an entirely new engine, Infinity Ward’s animation lead Zach Volker has confirmed, but it has seen significant upgrades.

user posted image

If you haven’t seen the game running yet, you can check out our trailer coverage here first.

Speaking with OPM, Volker said of the Ghosts engine, “When we’re talking about a new engine we’re talking about upgrading significant systems within in that engine. We’re not talking about throwing it all away and saying we’re starting from the ground up”.

Volker added that it would be “impossible to develop a new engine from the ground up in a two year cycle,” and added, “What we do is we say, ‘okay what are the things that are significant and that we would say that are encompassing of the engine or its visual quality? Are those being upgraded in a significant way? Alright, then I think that warrants that we’ve got a new engine on our hands”.

I f*cking knew it!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:13)
Call of Duty Ghosts: not a new engine, but is upgraded says dev
Call of Duty: Ghosts was shown at Microsoft’s Xbox One reveal on Tuesday, and with it, speculation of a new game engine followed. It’s not an entirely new engine, Infinity Ward’s animation lead Zach Volker has confirmed, but it has seen significant upgrades.

user posted image

If you haven’t seen the game running yet, you can check out our trailer coverage here first.

Speaking with OPM, Volker said of the Ghosts engine, “When we’re talking about a new engine we’re talking about upgrading significant systems within in that engine. We’re not talking about throwing it all away and saying we’re starting from the ground up”.

Volker added that it would be “impossible to develop a new engine from the ground up in a two year cycle,” and added, “What we do is we say, ‘okay what are the things that are significant and that we would say that are encompassing of the engine or its visual quality? Are those being upgraded in a significant way? Alright, then I think that warrants that we’ve got a new engine on our hands”.

I f*cking knew it!

old icon14.gif

I posted the Video already

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:40 AM Edited by Hvitdverg, 23 May 2013 - 11:44 AM.

My bad. I did not watch the video, I just thought it looked like the same demo showed at the presser.

Anyhow, could you please stop saying "old" or "old news".

I'm usually updated to the second about these things, and sometimes a video like this slipes my mind.

I never thought it was a next-gen engine, in which I stated somewere in the gaming chat. I just thought this was the first "written" confirmation that they are lying son's a bitches

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:57)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:10)

[center*][*youtube]ciRQ0XsPoQs[/youtube][/center]

It's funny though because you've said the exact same thing for the last two years, I'm not trying to bag you out, but you will definitely buy this game haha.

You're exactly trying to buy me out.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Meh, I don't mind the graphics to be honest. But finally they've done something productive with the engine a little. biggrin.gif

Can't wait.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (+ Dragonjack + @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 11:55)
Meh, I don't mind the graphics to be honest. But finally they've done something productive with the engine a little. biggrin.gif

Can't wait.

I can't wait for the next call of duty after this one.

Call Of Duty: Zombie Operations
Call Of Duty: Zombie Apocalypse

Surely Treyarch will deliver?

PLEASE MAKE A ZOMBIE GAME TREYARCH biggrin.gif

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

In other words, it is a modified version of the IW engine since 2005. confused.gif

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 11:59)
In other words, it is a modified version of the IW engine since 2005. confused.gif

True story! Kind of sad

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

It's still no surprise.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 12:02)
It's still no surprise.

Tbh, I understand why. Most people do not care to much about graphics.

The graphics shown are "good" enough to pleas the general market, and hardcore gamers will also enjoy it.
Call Of Duty is about the gameplay, but I must admit I'm kind of sick of it!

BF4 > Ghosts at this point, but will prolly get both of them at release knowing how I always buy COD anyways.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

I'm not going to say it's the same thing every year

But it is. Also, not trying to talk sh*t about it when I pretty much bought every new cod from 2009+. Same concept, they give new guns, make new sick maps, make a new campaign, and reskin textures. That's pretty much what they do. It's not a surprise that they couldn't wait 3+ years to make a new engine from scratch. It would be possible. They're just too lazy and can't do their job, so instead of making a new engine they MODIFY the same one from 2005.

Battlefield 4 will definitely own Ghosts at this point.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

"make a new campaign"
We all know that the Modern Warfare series doesn't bring much action or the epic, just the same crap.

But for Call Of Duty: Ghosts in the other hand? I may expect a very different approach within it's storyline. smile.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

On the plus side at least if it is similar to MW3 i know i will kick sweet, sweet ass at it.

To me nothing can be as dull as Black Ops 2 online, so its onwards and upwards as far as I'm concerned.

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

There seriously has to be OP weapons. Not all weapons should be dumbed down and balanced, just like what treyarch are doing to BO2. Otherwise where's the fun?

MW1 - MP5 and Ak-47
WaW - MP-40 and thompson
MW2 - Almost all weapons are OP
BO1 - Famas, AK-74u, Galil, Aug
MW3 - MP7, PP901, Type-95
BO2 - none. Also takes longer to kill enemies

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:49)
There seriously has to be OP weapons. Not all weapons should be dumbed down and balanced, just like what treyarch are doing to BO2. Otherwise where's the fun?

MW1 - MP5 and Ak-47
WaW - MP-40 and thompson
MW2 - Almost all weapons are OP
BO1 - Famas, AK-74u, Galil, Aug
MW3 - MP7, PP901, Type-95
BO2 - none. Also takes longer to kill enemies

MW1 - Not forgetting the M16. That sh*t raped on this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users