Photo

Call Of Duty: Ghosts

807 replies to this topic
Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 17:38)
As this a next-gen CoD on a new engine, releasing on almost every platform imaginable, then how are they really pulling this off in their normal 2 year development timespan? I hope they've got a lot more people working on this one, otherwise I don't know how it'll turn out.

Hopefully they have been working on the engine for a few years, while doing other projects.

I can't wait to finally escape the COD:3 engine, cause it looks horrible today..

I am a little worried about Cross-platform/cross generations myself.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 18:05)

Alright, I might be somebody that's been hatin' on CoD before hatin' on CoD was cool, but I think many CoD fans will agree that this is a complete joke. I get that it's a "teaser trailer", but that doesn't mean it should be outright stupid.

Does not look stupid.
Can't wait!

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

@Teaser trailer-
user posted image

Lets face it, if it were a brand new, from the ground up engine we'd have it shoved down our throats like $2 whores that we the consumers are treated like because as history has told us the only thing that the CoD franchise does good is leak like the Titanic.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I was thinking about an idea I once saw for Battlefield; taking out the higher ranking officers of the opposing force would mean that they would be unable to coordinate harsh attacks against the player, and it got me thinking...seems far fetched but stick with me.

what if in some missions (say we get integrated into an Infantry platoon fighting a bloody campaign in a set piece battle again, like a company of *Russians or generic enemies*) if we have a sniper rifle, it'd be cool if we managed to pick out the squad leaders and officers, the mission would get easier as the enemy forces get more scrambled and unable to mount attacks or advance and unable to call in air support or artillery. I don't mean in a RTS type game, just have set character skins for enemy squad leaders and officers, like give them something to make them slightly easier identifiable than the Privates and Corporals that make up the rank and file. even if it was just one skin for each rank, from Private through to Captain, it'd soon be easier to pick out the Lieutenant from the sea of Privates and such.

on a slightly more anal and unlikely note, it'd be nice to have a decent rank structure, for example don't give the character the rank of Sergeant if a Corporal is going to be throwing around orders!

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Who the f*ck is at the end of the trailer? It sure as hell isn't my favourite british TF141 leader Simon Riley.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Didn't a Call of Duty title release like, I don't know, less than 6 months ago?

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm assuming they've been working on the new engine for a few years. It was probably developed by a separate team considering they've hired on quite a bit of people for CoD nowdays. And they have a lot of expectation to take CoD to a higher level after using that same damn engine for so long. This one will also be used for a long time. It's do or die time for CoD. They could either make this really amazing or make it so terrible it's done for. Or make it the same with a few added features to please the masses.

I am keeping my eye on it. I'm really hoping it's something amazing.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Really excited for this. Always have preferred IW games over Treyarch's. I was hoping for a Cpt. Price game, but I doubt we'll see it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

I love this quote, it's so funny:

Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do," Mark Rubin, the studio's executive producer, said in a statement.

Because apparently, making a Call of Duty game isn't safe unless you have a safe subtitle. Are we supposed to take this seriously? I'm actually slightly less indifferent about the game because it's a new subtitle instead of the same old MW bullsh*t. But we'll see. Knowing Activision, there's a huge chance that it is still the same old bullsh*t. Black Ops wasn't any different from Modern Warfare.

I do hope that it will be something different the way CoD 4 was back when it was announced.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

OMGZ!!! REAL TRAILER RELEASED!!!

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Problem I see is new engine, yet same gen hardware focus. They call the engine next-gen yet its still coming on current gen software. That either means it is extremely scalable to allow for current-gen releases to be decent but next-gen releases amazing. Or have it built for next-gen & high end PC's, with then a scale back to fit on current gen, which would probably mean those have the potential to be awful.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 14:11)
Problem I see is new engine, yet same gen hardware focus. They call the engine next-gen yet its still coming on current gen software. That either means it is extremely scalable to allow for current-gen releases to be decent but next-gen releases amazing. Or have it built for next-gen & high end PC's, with then a scale back to fit on current gen, which would probably mean those have the potential to be awful.

Perhaps a scaleable engine like Unreal 4

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 14:42)
QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 14:11)

Perhaps a scaleable engine like Unreal 4

Epic have said Unreal 4 could be put on current gen, but it was designed with next gen in mind. That means to run it on PS3/XBOX you're going to have to remove a lot of bells and whistles, and effects. Might not sound too bad but if gameplay mechanics really use some of those features, such as really destructible a environments then the game would be a pretty different experience for a current gen user.

I am not saying it will be bad, but I would have been far more convinced if they said it was next-gen only.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Hvitdverg, 02 May 2013 - 05:50 PM.

topic edit

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 10:23)
QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 19:53)
your a dumbass

it's not "your a dumbass."
it's "you're a dumbass."

dumbass Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Okay, I admit it, you caught me on that one. I made one spelling mistake. biggrin.gif Now please, f*ck off.

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 07:44)
I love this quote, it's so funny:

Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do," Mark Rubin, the studio's executive producer, said in a statement.

Because apparently, making a Call of Duty game isn't safe unless you have a safe subtitle. Are we supposed to take this seriously? I'm actually slightly less indifferent about the game because it's a new subtitle instead of the same old MW bullsh*t. But we'll see. Knowing Activision, there's a huge chance that it is still the same old bullsh*t. Black Ops wasn't any different from Modern Warfare.

I do hope that it will be something different the way CoD 4 was back when it was announced.

OMG that quote is hilarious! He obviously knows the game will sell. If he doesn't want to play it safe, remove the 'call of duty' title.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I can't wait until you start complaining about this game.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

>Makes GFX for a game, did a favor for the fans
>Gets targeted as a hater

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 18:22)
I can't wait until you start complaining about this game.

Who are you refeering to? ;P

I know for a fact that I will complaint, but not about the game.
Campers = get complaint at

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 18:23)
>Makes GFX for a game, did a favor for the fans
>Gets targeted as a hater

Well, I COULD understand that. Except you're also wearing that sig and avatar quite proudly, which says to me that you're somewhat in support of it. I'm just saying.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

I've changed. I'm not longer a asshole about things anymore. You didn't have to say anything like that to me... just gives me a bad name ...

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 19:58)
I've changed. I'm not longer a asshole about things anymore. You didn't have to say anything like that to me... just gives me a bad name ...

I'm wondering what you've done in the past. Since people seem to think you are an asshole wow.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 16:17)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 19:58)

I'm wondering what you've done in the past. Since people seem to think you are an asshole wow.gif

I said some stupid things, most people have forgiven me... some have not. It's alright though. It will never happen again.

OT: I was getting pretty bored of BO2, Pre-Ordered the Ghosts game yesterday. Got my camo and poster smile.gif

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the avatar, cba to open photoshop. icon14.gif

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

sig

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

You're all welcome guys, use em up!

I ask that maybe the op could add them all to the first post.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 22:59)
You're all welcome guys, use em up!

I ask that maybe the op could add them all to the first post.

I've done so mate, could I request a redesign of the white borders?
IMO, everything looks better with black edges biggrin.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Which ones do you want redone?

I'll be here for the rest of the night.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

This one came out a few months ago, at that time I did not now for sure If the info was real. But at this pointI think it's safe to assume that the gameplay info is correct.

If you want to know about some of the new multiplayer features, you should watch it

#Sgt Foley
Re-do " the ghosts Are real" smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users