Photo

Call Of Duty: Ghosts

807 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by AceKingston, 19 November 2013 - 10:34 AM.

I really, really want this question answered by everyone that moans about Call Of Duty always being the same and not "Feeling" Any different. So my question is this, FPS games involve staring down the barrel of a gun, how can you make an FPS game feel different?

Two words: Far Cry 3.

Two words that didn't answer my question at all. If your going to chuck the title of another game at me at least give me what aspects of it you enjoyed and think could be used in Call Of Duty.

Ah yes where do I begin.

The thing is FPS games don't involve just staring down the barrel of a gun, of course it's the main theme but Call of Duty doesn't expand on it.

Far Cry 3 showed what FPS games can truly achieve. Let's see combine a GTA style environment in an FPS and boom you have a great game and Far Cry 3 did exactly that. The graphics were great that was one, but some aspects were the fact that it was open-world, taking over territories, hunting animals. driving cars etc.

I am not saying that COD should copy FC 3 but try to redeem itself, my idea is. You can select a country from a small list to control in Single Player. I think this feature was in a previous COD game but very limited (COD 1 I think?) and go about their storyline and the SP shouldn't just be about fighting. You can buy guns from shops you pass. You can nuke rival countries/factions, hack into their databases, of course these and many more will be possible with the next-gen consoles.

Activision did the right think with COD 4, which remains as one of my favorite FPS games ever made. They completely changed the theme from World War 2 to a modern war story, fantastic story, fantastic graphics, awesome multiplayer. But they never did the same afterwards, think has anything major changed since then?

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

Ah yes where do I begin.

The thing is FPS games don't involve just staring down the barrel of a gun, of course it's the main theme but Call of Duty doesn't expand on it.

Far Cry 3 showed what FPS games can truly achieve. Let's see combine a GTA style environment in an FPS and boom you have a great game and Far Cry 3 did exactly that. The graphics were great that was one, but some aspects were the fact that it was open-world, taking over territories, hunting animals. driving cars etc.

I am not saying that COD should copy FC 3 but try to redeem itself, my idea is. You can select a country from a small list to control in Single Player. I think this feature was in a previous COD game but very limited (COD 1 I think?) and go about their storyline and the SP shouldn't just be about fighting. You can buy guns from shops you pass. You can nuke rival countries/factions, hack into their databases, of course these and many more will be possible with the next-gen consoles.

Activision did the right think with COD 4, which remains as one of my favorite FPS games ever made. They completely changed the theme from World War 2 to a modern war story, fantastic story, fantastic graphics, awesome multiplayer. But they never did the same afterwards, think has anything major changed since then?

Well World At War did return to the WWII setting with Black Ops set during Vietnam and Black Ops II in the 2020s. Aside from Treyarch's efforts, there's barely any innovation or change of setting imo. In honestly, Ghosts' engine still looks similar to Call of Duty 4 from 2007. The graphics and HUD have improved since then, though the mechanics and death animations (with sh*tty ragdoll physics) still look identical.

I can understand why people enjoy CoD, but I'm just tired of seeing it overhyped every year when I don't see much of a big improvement with each installment. I don't care for Battefield either to be perfectly honest. I can enjoy CoD at times, mainly when it's Nazi Zombies with a friend.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

I really, really want this question answered by everyone that moans about Call Of Duty always being the same and not "Feeling" Any different. So my question is this, FPS games involve staring down the barrel of a gun, how can you make an FPS game feel different?

This is a stupid question, you just made it sound as though every single shooter is exactly the same because you stare down a barrel.
That's like saying every GTA game is exactly the same because you just stare at the back of your character.

Dude, you can change recoil, how the gun actually aims in terms of sensitivity, how many bullets it takes to kill, how maps play out, how hip fire works, how fast you aim after sprinting ect.
I simplified big time and still have a reasonable list.

• Android and TaviColen123 like this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

This is a stupid question, you just made it sound as though every single shooter is exactly the same because you stare down a barrel.
That's like saying every GTA game is exactly the same because you just stare at the back of your character.

Dude, you can change recoil, how the gun actually aims in terms of sensitivity, how many bullets it takes to kill, how maps play out, how hip fire works, how fast you aim after sprinting ect.

Not to sound like a COD fanboy, but literally everything you listed apart from the way maps play out can be altered via perks and attachments in Call Of Duty Ghosts. So i don't count that as a respectable list of change in anyway, shape, or form.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by F4L?, 20 November 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Not to sound like a COD fanboy, but literally everything you listed apart from the way maps play out can be altered via perks and attachments in Call Of Duty Ghosts. So i don't count that as a respectable list of change in anyway, shape, or form.
Game modes change, you can add vehicles, kill streaks change, how you get kill streaks change, physics can change, and perks and attachments make very little difference to recoil in any way.

Not listing things in call of duty that have changed, I'm just listing things from first person shooters that can vary in an online multiplayer setting because you seem to generalize the genre quite badly, I could say the same thing for multiplayer on a game like GTA and say that "it can't really change,I mean, you're still just watching a guys back running around shooting stuff with a hovering reticle."

Play counterstrike, battlefield and cod and you'll definitely see the variation and how much it changes the game, you couldn't make cod feel like either of those just by changing perks and such, and vice versa.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by Pat, 20 November 2013 - 01:10 AM.

how many bullets it takes to kill

Not to sound like a COD fanboy, but literally everything you listed apart from the way maps play out can be altered via perks and attachments in Call Of Duty Ghosts.

Can you change how many bullets it takes to kill so that it takes more to kill? Or only less? Because dying the instant someone sees me isn't my idea of a fun FPS.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

how many bullets it takes to kill

Not to sound like a COD fanboy, but literally everything you listed apart from the way maps play out can be altered via perks and attachments in Call Of Duty Ghosts.

Can you change how many bullets it takes to kill so that it takes more to kill? Or only less? Because dying the instant someone sees me isn't my idea of a fun FPS.

Well to take more bullets wear a ballistic vest, and to do more damage or vary how much damage the bullets do, use Dead Eye perk. Which kicks in at certain percentages depending on your current gun streak, so sometimes it will work like stopping power, other times it won't work at all.

I'm not trying to come across like Call Of Duty Ghosts or the franchise in general is the best thing since sliced bread, i know it has it's fault. Hell Ghosts has some MAJOR faults that are still awaiting patches. But i also think it's unfair to say that it's the same game year in and year out. Sure the core gameplay might be the same, but its developed by 2 teams each year, each team adding and taking away new features and game modes, as well as it looking graphically different per studio. And if you think that Black Ops feels the same as Modern Warfare, then we must of been playing very different versions.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by AceKingston, 20 November 2013 - 02:53 PM.

LittleBlueTroll you continue to state the same thing but continue to ignore my post and my question, which you have not bothered to answer.

Again, what is different other than the story, maps, weapons and skins? Tell me please.

Yes I know what you are going to answer though, Survival mode (MW3) Zombies (BLOPS) Bots (Ghosts) but these have been there only in 1 or 2 in the case of Zombies COD's. Now we must ask ourselves can we call this 'change'? Certainly not. It seems more worthy to call all the COD's after WaW and COD 4 as DLC's to COD 4. These are things that are only mean't for a DLC not for a whole new game. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

The recent patch updated the resolution to 1080p. It looks much better now, but f*ck me, they need to make another engine for f*cks sake. Another reason why COD is sh*t.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

LittleBlueTroll you continue to state the same thing but continue to ignore my post and my question, which you have not bothered to answer.

Again, what is different other than the story, maps, weapons and skins? Tell me please.

Yes I know what you are going to answer though, Survival mode (MW3) Zombies (BLOPS) Bots (Ghosts) but these have been there only in 1 or 2 in the case of Zombies COD's. Now we must ask ourselves can we call this 'change'? Certainly not. It seems more worthy to call all the COD's after WaW and COD 4 as DLC's to COD 4. These are things that are only mean't for a DLC not for a whole new game. 

I didn't answer it because i didn't see it.

But on the "Whats different" Question, aside from the changes you listed, there are many, many changes with Ghosts compared to other call of duty games. Even asking that shows you haven't played it.

Android
  • Android

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

I think you should play the game before you get opinions from other people.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

But on the "Whats different" Question, aside from the changes you listed, there are many, many changes with Ghosts compared to other call of duty games.

You're dodging his question, which is starting to make me curious as well. Consider me a potential customer - convince me to buy Call of Duty Ghosts. Convince me by telling me about the many, many changes that the series has undertaken with this iteration.

• Ermac. likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

But on the "Whats different" Question, aside from the changes you listed, there are many, many changes with Ghosts compared to other call of duty games.

You're dodging his question, which is starting to make me curious as well. Consider me a potential customer - convince me to buy Call of Duty Ghosts. Convince me by telling me about the many, many changes that the series has undertaken with this iteration.

Squad points for create a class.

New create a class system.

Field orders dropped in game with random tasks.

New prestige mode.

New maps with destructible environments that can change how they play out.

New ranking up system.

New operations system used if you want to unlock a certain patch or uniform.

Character customization.

New game modes.

Clan VS Clan playlist with heavy clan integration.

Clan wars (Out on the 25th)

New perk system with the loss of pro perks.

Squads and extinction to replace spec ops and survival.

The lean round feature replacing the dolphin dive.

New sensitivity settings.

New health settings (100% health not 130%)

Now, this is a list of changes that are aside from the new guns, perks and killstreaks. It might not be the most mind blowing list you've ever seen, but the fact are the changes are there and can be felt in game. Saying that there is nothing new in this one is just ridiculous. And if you think Ghosts feels the same as Modern Warfare or Black Ops, then I'm not sure what your playing.

• Android likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Mate, 80-90% of the features you stated are very minor (like the health thing) I was asking for major changes not minor changes now if we can cancel out the minor things you listed and correct me if I am wrong but wasn't character customization already there before?:

Now let's see:

-Minor

-Fair enough

-Can't say

-Fair

-Minor

-Minor

-Minor

-Already stated for this before

-Fair enough

-You stated the same thing just before

-OK

-Minor

-Minor 

-Minor

See? On a side note these are all mp features not SP features. When we talk about change there should be something new in every aspect of the game both MP-wise and SP-wise. Look at GTA for instance.

Android
  • Android

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

I don't really understand what "new features" you're looking for in the SP.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Well Call Of Duty is not really about the single player, i could agree if you said maybe give it a longer campaign mode but i have never heard anyone wish for single player DLC for a COD game, it is primarily about multiplayer.

Anyway i am done going back and fourth about what this game is compared to other FPS games and past Call Of Duty's, Its like an atheist arguing with someone who is religious, there will never be a mutual ground and the argument could go on forever.

I hit my 4th KEM Strike last night, went 41-1 on the map Freight on Kill Confirmed and got a nice 36 gun streak. Also in clan wars last night 2 of my members backed out, it was 2 against 4 and i went 20-0 in about 90 seconds and the other clan rage quit haha. It was only TDM but i somehow caught a spawn and raped them silly. I really wanted a clan vs clan match KEM :( rage quitting bastards.

• Android likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

I don't really understand what "new features" you're looking for in the SP.

Did you not notice I state a a list of features that could be in SP a few pages back?

Well Call Of Duty is not really about the single player, i could agree if you said maybe give it a longer campaign mode but i have never heard anyone wish for single player DLC for a COD game, it is primarily about multiplayer.
Anyway i am done going back and fourth about what this game is compared to other FPS games and past Call Of Duty's, Its like an atheist arguing with someone who is religious, there will never be a mutual ground and the argument could go on forever.

I feel the exact opposite COD does do quite well in the SP department especially the MW trio but I wouldn't call it an MP focused game though, BF 4 seems a better example.

I know you don't want to continue with the argument for some reason but let's say you're right about all those changes in the MP department (Just saying) but even then isn't gameplay more important? Isn't it the gameplay which makes a game better? Haven't people always said Gameplay over graphics?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

MP is even worse. No idea what you are talking about.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

5th KEM Strike. Hit a 36 gun streak AGAIN then i died haha was so gutted, was really hoping to up it to 40. Dying twice on a 36 gun streak, what are the odds :(

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Brad Pitt is a Basterd

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 25 November 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Okay, how does the whole prestiege thing work this year? I know we have 10 characters. But other than that, that's all I know. On another note, the three gun attachments perk, way too far up on the list. I gotta wait 30 levels to get it. My only question is, do u get to keep it and use it with other characters when you prestige? Or is it only with that one character?

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Okay, how does the whole prestiege thing work this year? I know we have 10 characters. But other than that, that's all I know. On another note, the three gun attachments perk, way too far up on the list. I gotta wait 30 levels to get it. My only question is, do u get to keep it and use it with other characters when you prestige? Or is it only with that one character?

You don't have to wait until level 30, you can buy ANYTHING with squad points, if you have enough of course. Just click on it and purchase what you want.

And to prestige, you use your first character, once you hit level 60 it will have the prestige one icon but remain on level 60. To return to level one, you simply play as your second character and then rank up again :)

• esmittystud101 likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Brad Pitt is a Basterd

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

You don't have to wait until level 30, you can buy ANYTHING with squad points, if you have enough of course. Just click on it and purchase what you want.

And to prestige, you use your first character, once you hit level 60 it will have the prestige one icon but remain on level 60. To return to level one, you simply play as your second character and then rank up again :)

ohhhhhh, I thought by it having a level 30 something icon beside it. I would have to wait.

So I could choose to get it early by spending squad points or just wait to level 30 something and then I would just get it? Example: I want sleight of hand perk, it has a level 8 beside it. I either wait till level 8 and get it free or just purchase it with squad points. Right?

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

ohhhhhh, I thought by it having a level 30 something icon beside it. I would have to wait.

So I could choose to get it early by spending squad points or just wait to level 30 something and then I would just get it? Example: I want sleight of hand perk, it has a level 8 beside it. I either wait till level 8 and get it free or just purchase it with squad points. Right?

Exactly right :)

So if you was level 7 and unlocked it at level 8, you might aswell just wait until you reach that level, but if you want something that isn't until level 30, you can unlock it using squad points.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Brad Pitt is a Basterd

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

Exactly right :)

So if you was level 7 and unlocked it at level 8, you might aswell just wait until you reach that level, but if you want something that isn't until level 30, you can unlock it using squad points.

Sweeeeeet, can't wait to have a third gun attachment. This third attachment has got me through early level grinding much better in past COD's. I think I might put Battlefield 4 down for a night and continue COD now. This has got to be my fav. perk in a way I guess. Thanks again.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Welcome :)

Well i officially out done myself today. Was playing a clan match which is 4 vs 4, and got a KEM Strike haha. Who would of thought it could be done.

• esmittystud101 likes this

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm not bothering with MP this time, I got the game to complete the campaign on all difficulties and to play extinction mode. I'm impressed with the storyline of this instalment, it's another heart racing success.

FinalStandLabs
  • FinalStandLabs

TGN Partnered YouTuber

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by FinalStandLabs, 17 December 2013 - 08:31 PM.

I got a new video to check out! :D

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=g-d6Hii71mY

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I got a new video to check out! :D

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=g-d6Hii71mY

This is the reason I dont buy COD games from IW as they leave quickscoping in. The dumbest thing in video games ever IMO.

Android
  • Android

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Wow.. quickscoping.. lmao. I thought this sh*t died off.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

They definitely did not kill quickscoping. It is pretty much all I've been doing. Whether it's the default, variable zoom, thermal or acog. It's still there and fun as ever if not more since they said it would no longer be viable.

I play on PS4 this time around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users