Call Of Duty: Ghosts

807 replies to this topic
LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Just got another KEM Strike. Called it in literally right at the end of the game, but it didn't extend the time! So It blew up once the game was ended haha :(

Mockage
  • Mockage

First Breathe After Coma

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:24 PM Edited by Mockage, 09 November 2013 - 02:25 PM.

@AceKingston - Anger issues? lol.

'Mate', you derailed the whole thread by creating a whole fiasco about somebody else's mixed sentiments towards a video game. Even still, you seem so engrossed about it. Just grow up already and get over it you prepubescent being.

And to keep the thread on its winded rails, I would like to say that I actually got around to playing this game when I was at a friends house last night.

Let me just say that it actually is kind of a fresh start from BO2. The mechanics of course have improved - which I like - but not to the degree where it makes the game feel less of a carbon copy (which it still is, might I add). Rushing and quickscoping are still promoted. The concept of tactical play however is a bit more emphasized in Ghosts, considering you die in the blink of a second. So last night I had some racist goons curse me out because I was camping with a score of 35-6.

Eugh, so many melts still play it. I've had enough of it anyways. Back to Battlefield gents.
  • Android likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:32 PM Edited by AceKingston, 09 November 2013 - 02:36 PM.

'Mate', you derailed the whole thread by creating a whole fiasco about somebody else's mixed sentiments towards a video game. Even still, you seem so engrossed about it. Just grow up already and get over it you prepubescent being.

And to keep the thread on its winded rails, I would like to say that I actually got around to playing this game when I was at a friends house last night.

Let me just say that it actually is kind of a fresh start from BO2. The mechanics of course have improved - which I like - but not to the degree where it makes the game feel less of a carbon copy (which it still is, might I add). Rushing and quickscoping are still promoted. The concept of tactical play however is a bit more emphasized in Ghosts, considering you die in the blink of a second. So last night I had some racist goons curse me out because I was camping with a score of 35-6.

Eugh, so many melts still play it. I've had enough of it anyways. Back to Battlefield gents.

I never had any intention of derailing the thread. I only asked Foley why did he was excited for Ghosts all of a sudden, I never expected him to act like some whiny ass. it was a honest question but he did not give me an honest answer.

I don't deny that Ghosts does not bring something new to the table i.e. the ability to control the dog (Only found out about this recently) which is kinda cool but that was not my point, I just want Activision to stop releasing it every year, which was why I stated the reviews, I thought maybe they'd see that most people are growing tired of the game but no. They gave an excuse and that was because of the transition period to the 8th generation consoles and they will release a new COD in 2014.

I know the more sensible way would have been to take it to PM but I never really expected Foley to keep dodging the question.

Now that he didn't give me a straight answer, you might have noticed that I stopped, is that okay? If Foley had given a straight answer, there would have been no need for me to quote him again.

Android
  • Android

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

I can't believe how you're still talking about me in your posts, get my name out of your mind. Please. I don't want any 13 year olds to think about me.

Mockage
  • Mockage

First Breathe After Coma

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

I never had any intention of derailing the thread. I only asked Foley why did he was excited for Ghosts all of a sudden, I never expected him to act like some whiny ass. it was a honest question but he did not give me an honest answer.

I don't deny that Ghosts does not bring something new to the table i.e. the ability to control the dog (Only found out about this recently) which is kinda cool but that was not my point, I just want Activision to stop releasing it every year, which was why I stated the reviews, I thought maybe they'd see that most people are growing tired of the game but no. They gave an excuse and that was because of the transition period to the 8th generation consoles and they will release a new COD in 2014.

I know the more sensible way would have been to take it to PM but I never really expected Foley to keep dodging the question.

Now that he didn't give me a straight answer, you might have noticed that I stopped, is that okay? If Foley had given a straight answer, there would have been no need for me to quote him again.

Yes, because Activision will listen to some 13 year old over the internet.

Activision makes millions of dollars in profit because of Call of Duty. It's practically that product that sells like hot cakes every year because people enjoy it, which is obviously why they buy it. They're not gonna stop until most people stop - and the way I see it - it doesn't look like it's gonna happen in the near future. Companies aren't gonna put off from their main selling points because it's the same sh*t. They don't care, people are still gonna get rowdy and campy and buy it on some date every year at midnight.

Sorry to burst your bubble, for someone who despises COD with a passion, you seem to talk about it a lot more than games you actually do like. Just saying.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by AceKingston, 09 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

Of course I never expected that, just saying I always hoped that Activision would stop it once they see the reviews but they still keep denying it.

And I've only talked about hating it in this thread and I don't hate it with a passion, I liked Call of Duty 4 very much but since then it's been pretty much the same for me.

E: I'll take that to PM.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:00 AM Edited by Secura, 10 November 2013 - 02:02 AM.

Good God, if you insult Ace over being thirteen one more time I'll slap you lad! You're not much older yourself, and seeing as the topic of discussion is COD: Ghosts, I'd say that this is as good a place as any for him to bring up these points.

• xXGst0395Xx, Andreas and Sting4S like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

Its raining magic.. hallelujah

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

@AceKingston -  lol.

'Mate',  just grow up already and get over it you prepubescent being.

A 16 years old guy talking about prepubescent sh*t and derailing threads, while derails the thread with his prepubescent sh*t. That´s some sort of fascinating meta meta irony. Mockage, do you enjoy trolling yourself? Whatever.

• Andreas likes this

Android
  • Android

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

When will this topic get back on track...

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

First prestige whoop whoop!! Break out the beers.

Manfred Von Karma
  • Manfred Von Karma

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Of course I never expected that, just saying I always hoped that Activision would stop it once they see the reviews but they still keep denying it.

And I've only talked about hating it in this thread and I don't hate it with a passion, I liked Call of Duty 4 very much but since then it's been pretty much the same for me.

I 100 % agree with this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Slightly Rectified

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Just played a couple matches at a friends house. It feels a lot nicer than MW3 and BLOPS 2 did imo (I f*cking hated both to put it eloquently), but I know this will wear off fast since i'm no longer bitten by "the COD bug". You do die relatively fast compared to the previous games, so having the upper hand in gunfights is more important than ever. The maps are pretty large for only 6v6, which is weird because there isn't any ground war(?) Cranked and blitz are cool, but I can imagine that people are going to try and circumvent the need to rush and camp while people run past them looking for their next kill in cranked.

One thing I've noticed that irks me even though I don't own or plan on owning this game is the fact that pretty much anyone can run around in Simon "Ghost" Riley's balaclava. I knew it was going to be available when they revealed player customization, but I was hoping it would be something that took serious time unlocking. Since all it required was preordering the game, at least every other person I kill is donning his balaclava and mask. It's whatever though.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

I do wish for more colorful camos. I'm hoping for a camo pack in the future like Black Ops 2 had. Add some more colorful ones and maybe diamond again. The camos in Ghosts are dull, and Infinity Ward seem to have an obsession with green! There is scale which is green, crocodile is a dull green, net is a dull green, woodland contains a lot of green, and green is obviously green.

I want them to release something with some nice colors.

Mockage
  • Mockage

First Breathe After Coma

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

@AceKingston -  lol.

'Mate',  just grow up already and get over it you prepubescent being.

A 16 years old guy talking about prepubescent sh*t and derailing threads, while derails the thread with his prepubescent sh*t. That´s some sort of fascinating meta meta irony. Mockage, do you enjoy trolling yourself? Whatever.

You felt so tempted to bring that up because you have nothing better to talk about. Plus, your post alone is further derailing it. Good game.

@LBT - They don't have a diamond camo in Ghosts? Pfft. I remember in BO2 I'd always strive for diamond on all my shotguns. Those days were fun up until the point I quit COD.

What's the big "strive" in ghosts this time (if you get what I mean)?

Android
  • Android

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

I think their goal is just to introduce new things to the Call of Duty franchise. Like the Lean and the Slide feature. I've used the slide feature a lot and it's really helpful. I don't think I ever used the dolphin dive more than 10 times in Black Ops 2.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Is this CoD just like the others or have they added until to make it feel different than the last few. I only ask this as i haven't bought it and wont buy it but am curious as to what people think about it.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

@LBT - They don't have a diamond camo in Ghosts? Pfft. I remember in BO2 I'd always strive for diamond on all my shotguns. Those days were fun up until the point I quit COD.

What's the big "strive" in ghosts this time (if you get what I mean)?

Nope no diamond! Gold is like the top tier on standard camos.Then you have 2 that are unlocked via clans. I am a tad disappointed with the camos, especially as i thought there was such an emphasis on customization this time around. I was hoping for more and maybe even a basic "create a camo" mode. There are a lot of cool patches (emblems) but again, the backgrounds (playercards) are limited to 72, and most are rubbish. More camos and backgrounds and less helmets for my character to wear would of been a better route. Its a first person shooter, i couldn't give a sh*t what my character had on his head.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by Secura, 10 November 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Is this CoD just like the others or have they added until to make it feel different than the last few. I only ask this as i haven't bought it and wont buy it but am curious as to what people think about it.

Really? We all know that both Treyarch and the dried, slowly-decaying husk of Infinity Ward treat the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" as if it were some sort of holy scripture written by Zombie Jesus himself. 

The changes are there, they are minor, and they will be chucked out in favour of other, equally replaceable minor gameplay changes in next years COD. The only thing that this iteration of Call of Duty made me feel was a burning desire to play a far better post-apocalyptic survival game like The Last of Us, in fact, I'm willing to bet that the people over at Activision saw what Naughty Dog was doing with The Last of Us and thought, "we should totally capitalise on this and act as if it's an entirely original idea" and then attempted to do just that.

... And then proceeded to fail miserably. Far as I can tell the game quite literally plays itself, there is almost no character development to be found, and quite frankly, I found myself more emotionally invested in the last episode of the Jeremy Kyle Show than I did throughout the entirety of COD: Ghosts awful campaign. A mustard bottle with googly-eyes attached to it has more three-dimensionality than some of the characters in this and if you cut off a bit of velcro and gave it a fake mustache I might be tempted to change what I've just said from "some" to all of the characters in the game.

That's without mentioning just how boring, and monotonous the game is to play. It's a drag, a grind, a magical elixir made with every mundane gameplay mechanic imaginable in order to make your experience with COD: Ghosts as boring and painful as possible. Oh and I suppose I should talk about the multiplayer shouldn't I? Well I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass about multiplayer gaming and I care even less about the small mammalian's fecal matter than I do about COD: Ghosts multiplayer modes.

In short, if you're wondering (God knows why you would be) if this COD has changed anything, has brought an end to the monotony and tediousness that has plagued the series for over half a decade now, is the Pope an atheist? It's the same, boring, mediocre experience that's shoved out of every year and if there's one good, redeeming thing about a new COD releasing, it's that this is as far away as we can be from it happening again. 

Seriously kids, don't buy this game, don't even rent it, you'd spend your time better by watching paint dry.

Mockage
  • Mockage

First Breathe After Coma

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

You really shouldn't expect an amount of actual decency when it comes to the character aspect of COD though or really, any first-person shooter for that matter. We all know it's the multiplayer that ultimately outshines the mundane and brief campaigns COD is known for. The multiplayer however introduces nothing fresh and exciting, and is a haven for racist ignoramuses, premature school boys and people who play the f*cking game all day and have nothing better and fun to do with their lives. Of course, there is also the share of cool people in the general consensus of COD.

But still, the game sucks.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

a haven for racist ignoramuses, premature school boys and people who play the f*cking game all day and have nothing better and fun to do with their lives. Of course, there is also the share of cool people in the general consensus of COD.

But still, the game sucks.

In which you should expect when you're dealing with other humans...

Android
  • Android

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

I've run into a guy who was like first prestige the first day it came out. 

I was barely level 10.

FinalStandLabs
  • FinalStandLabs

TGN Partnered YouTuber

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

Not trying to intentionally promote myself but I put up a first impressions video on my YouTube channel if you want to check it out. I actually enjoy Ghosts more than the other call of duty's, minus Zombie gamemodes.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

So what's the situation with offline multiplayer? Is there bots?

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hahaha, people are whining about COD, yet Ghost on PS4 outsold both the PS3 version of Battlefield 4 and AC4 Combined!

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

I've run into a guy who was like first prestige the first day it came out. 

I was barely level 10.

Many people got the game early and risked playing it online the minute the servers were up. I know for a fact some were banned, others must not of been. That explains why when you play it on the first day, some people are already miles ahead.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

This COD seems like the worse in terms of interesting characters. They could have put in some interesting characters or made the Russians good guys again and tossed in some NATO and China. That woulda been so cool.

Also whoever made the DOG version of One shoot should be thrown into a f*cking cannon and shooted out of the world to the f*cking sun. Period.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yes, because Activision will listen to some 13 year old over the internet.

Don't jump on someone for being/acting 13. You're 16.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

Android
  • Android

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

This is getting boring. Stop quoting those posts, it's over with. Leave and move on.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Another KEM Strike now, making that my third in a week! Had 2 on Warhawk and one on Whiteout! Love calling them badboys in!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users