» «
Photo

Call Of Duty: Ghosts

817 replies to this topic
Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by Hvitdverg, 05 November 2013 - 02:04 PM.

For the people who have finished the campaign, did the dog die?

Spoiler

I started playing Free For All last night when the servers went RANKED. 

Reached rank 8 in the world, so I'm pretty happy! :D 

Too bad I feel done with the game now :(

http://31.media.tumb...q5bpo1_1280.jpg

http://31.media.tumb...q5bpo2_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumb...q5bpo3_1280.jpg

Rank 54 was actually rank 1 for Free For All, cause everybody above him was hacking. 

Such a shame that the game is already hacked..

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Call Of Duty: Ghosts receives 5/10 on Destructoid

Gotta love Jim Sterling reviews lol

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

So does this have offline bots?

Luna Lovegood
  • Luna Lovegood

You're just sane as i am

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by PreciousWall, 05 November 2013 - 03:39 PM.

http://www.cinemable...atch-60336.html

glad didnt upgraded my PC, i love how they lie about the PC requirements

Spoiler

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Only getting it to see what their survival alien mode is like. Sounds like it could be awesome but I feel like I've just wasted £50 on it :(

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by AceKingston, 05 November 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Ghosts is a f*cking flop, I knew it and I wouldn't say 'I told you so'.

Gamespot 8/10

IGN 8.8/10

Eurogamer 7/10

Giant Bomb 3/5

Destrucoid 5/10

Metacritic 75 User rating 2,1

You went too far Activision, you went too far. Heck even IGN who usually give COD a 10 have given it an 8.8.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Cod didnt change the formula for 6 f*cking years is the reason why its getting a lot of 7/10.

The worst is 5/10 from destructoid
  • ten-a-penny likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 05 November 2013 - 04:20 PM.

reviews never meant much anyway, all the children will still get it, Activision gets their money and the cycle restarts. We'll have a "reboot" later which will probably be a decent game, then it'll slowly degrade to crap, then the gen after may have a decent reboot if it hasn't died out by then.
  • Lock N' Stock likes this

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Cod didnt change the formula for 6 f*cking years is the reason why its getting a lot of 7/10.

The worst is 5/10 from destructoid

To be fair, there's not really much incentive to change the formula when it sells so well the way it is.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Can anybody tell me if theres infinite enemy respawn on veteran mode? Because it always ruins the sp for me,i so f*cking hate that sh*t.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:42 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 05 November 2013 - 05:45 PM.

I've watched footage on YouTube and the mechanics and engine STILL look unchanged from Call of Duty 4. It also has a 1.7 user score on Metacritic.

http://www.metacriti...ts/user-reviews

I thought they'd at least make an attempt to improve things. Turns out not. What a joke.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:47 PM Edited by The Yokel, 05 November 2013 - 05:49 PM.

This is f*ckin' bullsh*t.

http://www.cinemable...atch-60336.html

http://www.vg247.com...comment-page-1/

They should not be able to just get away with this crap. How do you trust a company that artificially inflates system requirements?

• Lock N' Stock likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

God bless field orders! BOOM!

PwLiTe
  • PwLiTe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

This game is pathetic. People have posted everywhere that Ghosts won't even install if you don't have 64-Bit windows 7/8 + game won't start if you don't have 6GB RAM.

I seriously hope hackers destroy this game.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

the congressional medal of sh*tposting

• Zaibatsu
  • NATO
  • Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by Antagonista, 05 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

@AceKingston; I love how you live in the past. I think it's adorable.

Anyway, the game isn't bad. It's not exactly on the level of Modern Warfare 3, which was my favorite Call of Duty after CoD 4. It feels like a mix of Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 2, which isn't necessarily bad. I'm enjoying it so far.. I think Extinction mode is way better than Treyarch's Zombies mode. It's challenging, and you actually have to defend a drill from the aliens. Pretty fun. The multiplayer is cool. I'm not gonna say it's flippin' fantastic, but it could be better. I love the slide gameplay feature, but I haven't used the lean feature yet.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

Extinction is only challenging because it's new, next week we'll all figure out how to do it all and it'll be easy. I do respect your opinion but for me extinction sucks. Kill aliens, go drill this hive, kill more aliens, drill the next hive and so on. On top of that, you can't go to where you bought the weapon and refill ammo for half price, it costs $1200 for every gun. I'll be going on it again but at the moment it seems really boring.

That's the whole game in general too. Multiplayer was ok and the first few missions of campaign aren't amazing. I did enjoy the squad missions though. Maybe I'll have to get used to the other things in time.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Ghosts is a f*cking flop.

You went too far Activision, you went too far. Heck even IGN who usually give COD a 10 have given it an 8.8.

And? Quality or innovation are not relevant here. Never were, never will be. Not when it comes to COD.

Activision is the most conventional, uninspired and unoriginal company in industry.  And who cares? Activision doesn´t . And? Nothing at all,  it´s actually understandable when your fans are brain dead kids who will buy your crap no matter what.  They will continue to sell million of copies and continue offering turd after turd. It´s a shame.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

I just wish treyarch and IW shake hands and make one hell of a call of duty and they should take their time.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hopefully this convinces them to a two years a game.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

I am enjoying it. Not on the level of MW3 which i believe is the best Call Of Duty multiplayer experience ever. But i prefer it to Black Ops and Black Ops 2. But saying that i do have some complaints:

• You die way, way to fast. If you get shot from behind or from above, you have literally zero chance of survival. On previous titles you could sway from side to side to evade, prone out, jump and try and turn around and fire back. You won't get away with this on Ghosts. If you get shot at from behind it is game over. I hope they patch this to add a bit more durability because it makes it much harder to even play objectively, let alone going on a killstreak.
  • The maps are, to be brutally honest, sh*t. 95% are far too large and contain areas that could of easily been cut out. When you ask people their favourite Call Of Duty maps they will usually always say things like "Shipment, Wetwork, Dome, Nuketown, Terminal" Small to medium sized maps that contain a lot of action. The maps on Ghosts are massive and makes even having shotguns and submachines guns pointless. All you get is people using Assault Rifles and Snipers. I have yet to play a nice small and action packed map. The size of the maps promotes a very campy play style. Would be great size for Ground War, but they decided to not include that mode.
  • BuyMeTheMoon likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

COD has been the sh*ttest game since MW1. It's just brainless zombies buying this game non stop. Activision are the worst company in history in gaming.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

I'm laughing at the amount of hate that this game is receiving. If you don't like it, don't watch videos about it, don't post here, and most certainly, don't buy it. No one cares if you don't like the game. It's your opinion. Some people like it, and you haters need to get over yourself.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 05 November 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Yeah because this game is literally sh*t, ever since MW1. There is NO improvements WHATSOEVER and the franchise is being milked. If you can't see that, you are one of the biggest blind fanboys I've seen. There is no quality, or innovation, or ambition in COD. End of.

Sorry, but you are getting robbed like a dickhead.

This is coming from experience as well. I've been playing COD since WAW, and MW2 was my favourite COD. Even that is a sh*t fest now. When I bought MW3 the next day after release, biggest waste of money in the whole world.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

It's 2013, how the f*ck can Infinity Ward still manage to f*ck up PC releases?

I personally would never buy this game, but it's really shocking how unremarkable it is. COD is going the way of sports game, adding a couple new things each year but the game experience remains exactly the same.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Yeah because this game is literally sh*t, ever since MW1. There is NO improvements WHATSOEVER and the franchise is being milked. If you can't see that, you are one of the biggest blind fanboys I've seen. There is no quality, or innovation, or ambition in COD. End of.

This is coming from experience as well. I've been playing COD since WAW, and MW2 was my favourite COD. Even that is a sh*t fest now. When I bought MW3 the next day after release, biggest waste of money in the whole world.

No one cares. If you claim that we're being brainwashed, then let us be brainwashed. We'll buy it every year. Don't try to "save" us.

Tyler
  • Tyler

keep your chin up out there

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Ghosts is pretty fun. As someone who couldn't get into the last two entries of the series (borrowed them from friends, disliked them vehemently), it's a big improvement. Killing and dying happens a lot quicker, and the movement is more fluid than I ever remember. You seamlessly slide and hop over cover. It doesn't feel rigid like jumping around in older titles, which does a lot to make me feel like I'm going somewhere fast. The customization is nice and the emphasis on smaller teams with better designed maps is welcome. I hated the large maps of CoD past, if only because they felt empty and shallow. Maps in this one are multi-leveled and require some sort of strategy to keep hold of.

Overall I'm liking this a lot. Haven't had this much fun in multiplayer CoD since MW1, and despite what many people who're sh*tting on the game say, it does feel like a fine-tuned, changed experience from the earlier titles.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Not sure why you're getting so worked up, no one is forcing anyone to buy the game.

• Alchemist likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:40 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 06 November 2013 - 01:40 AM.

Just played it. It's a little bit different, sh*t moves way faster now, which doesn't do justice if you're playing while high off that good bud. I don't like it. It's Black Ops 2 times 2. The maps, though... I liked them. They get an upvote from me. Many claim that the maps are just recycled from the older CoD games, but I haven't played them all, so I really don't feel the flaw there.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

http://www.penny-arc...out-fear-of-ass

Anybody here who has played around with the Squads mode and can give a little review of it? Sounds pretty sweet to me, like combat training but with even more benefits.

• Tyler likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

FLOP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users