Call Of Duty: Ghosts

807 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 23:23)
The jokes are getting old now. I'm as disappointed in the lack of improvement as anyone else. But it's overdone at this point.

I agree but it's something that I've been witnessing for years now, it's becoming childish and annoying.

Almost as annoying as the "Wiiu wiiu" ambulance crap about the Xbox One.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 03:23)
The jokes are getting old now. I'm as disappointed in the lack of improvement as anyone else. But it's overdone at this point.

I agree, i said this a few pages back when memes were flying in left right and center, no one listens though. Derails the topic because you have to shiv through sh*t to find anything of worth, like official news.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Read this: http://www.charliein...t-gen-hardware/

sounds like they fear that Next Gens lack hardware power...
This f*ckin game looks only slightly better then current CoDs...

On E3 so many Devs showed what they already can do with this Powerhouses and then IW dont know if next Gen can handle their totally new Fsh AI...

Thats just so ridicilous imo...

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:15)
Read this:  http://www.charliein...t-gen-hardware/

On E3 so many Devs showed what they already can do with this Powerhouses and then IW dont know if next Gen can handle their totally new Fsh AI...

Total f*cking nincompoops. I'm sure someone quoted that they are still using the quake engine from 1996 or something?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 18:26)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:15)
Read this:  http://www.charliein...t-gen-hardware/

Total f*cking nincompoops. I'm sure someone quoted that they are still using the quake engine from 1996 or something?

that was me.

their engine ist still based on the Quake engine. they have improved it ofcourse, but its like if you try to tune an old VW while it will never be as good as a new bugatti veyron ( Frostbite )

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 12:06)
QUOTE (tuareg @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 11:56)
QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 00:59)
QUOTE (tuareg @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 20:05)
I must admit the underwater section looked impressive. Also the ending of the widescreen trailer is very well done. Hey, i give credit where credit is due.

Something this series needs nowadays, tired of people bashing these guys even when they try and add new things or impressive work.

Well it's obvious they're going to show pre rendered set pieces as advertisements, but for what it's worth it looked visually nice.

Unfortunately though it will be a corridor shooter with pre rendered set peices up in your face around every corner.

I'm impressed with how they managed to turn the open ocean into a corridor. Mad props fo dat confused.gif

Yeah, it's going to be really depressing when I'm scuba diving in GTA V & a message pops up on-screen 'Warning! Leaving Mission area'. wink.gif

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

iNero, no need to bash the hardware. IW just said that they want the hardware to be FINALIZED 'cause they don't want to work with unfinished crap.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Pretty accurate.
Should win some of you guys over. ph34r.gif
http://imgur.com/lAFsUw5

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

That was so funny I forgot to laugh. Go away with your memes! icon13.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 14:19)
Pretty accurate.

No offence, but is that all you can possibly do is post stupid memes?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by GunWrath, 25 June 2013 - 06:46 PM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 13:19)
Pretty accurate.

Lmao, nicely put. Entire skyscraper destruction versus a dog and fish. Which yes, I'm joking.. but BF4 will be better I think, it appeals more to the squad play/ a more realistic approach to warfare. COD is an arcade FPS with decent campaign..

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:26)
Pretty accurate.

Well sorry.
I just find anything related to the game and post it.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 18:26)
Pretty accurate.

I make Foley right on this one, the memes you repeatedly post are boring and irrelevant. There are tonnes of memes for every game, but you wouldn't post them in their respective topics. So you shouldn't be posting Call Of Duty ones here, all they do is derail the topic and make it hard to find genuine information that other users post, there is a "funny pictures" section in general chat, post them there.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:20 PM Edited by Jake, 25 June 2013 - 08:24 PM.

My last post in this topic was on the last page. And I said how the jokes are old now...so some people come in and still post jokes even when others agree it's old now? Go show your friends your jokes and memes. We don't need them in this topic. Official news or real discussion only please. Anything else is a waste of space and a waste of your posts.

Anyway. I've read we should see some MP news and gameplay coming in August. I'm hoping for some better bullet detection and lag fixes. Somehow I'm not entirely hopeful on this, but we shall see.

Honestly the way Respawn has done Titanfall to be only MP is where CoD needs to go. I couldn't care less if we didn't see a campaign in CoD. It's a gimmicky filler at best. Double down on MP focus and double the release and DLC maps even if some are recycled from past games. Maybe soon they'll get it through their heads that a small minority even give a sh*t about campaign and many don't even touch it.

E: I also firmly believe if they released a title every other year they would garner much more respect from more gamers. Heavy focus and dedication would be preferred.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Contrary to the boisterous firefights for which the series is best known, the latest Call of Duty installment centres on a band of elite covert soldiers called the Ghosts who choose stealth tactics over blazing guns.

It's set in the near future when the US has lost its status as a world superpower after a war with a South American alliance. The Ghosts must creep through an apocalyptic landscape which, with its crumbling highways and dense foliage, allows for some downright glorious visuals.

The Ghosts wage a quiet war with an unseen enemy, creeping through the brush and shadows with silenced weapons.

Unexpectedly, the star of the show is Riley, a dog that works with the American soldiers. Described by developers Infinity Ward as "an integral part of the action", Riley is based on real Navy SEAL dogs.

He wears a special earpiece that allows his master to give him instructions such as bark or attack, while a camera on his back allows the Ghosts to see the world from his point of view.

His collar also features motorised pieces that buzz to send him in set directions. This leads to some interesting gameplay opportunities, as control switches to the dog and you guide him towards enemy targets remotely.

Of course, this being Call of Duty, there's also the usual wide array of set pieces and spectacle.

In one mission we saw at E3, the Ghosts had to infiltrate a skyscraper to take down a high-value target.

After using a zip line to attach themselves to the side of the building from afar, three Ghosts burst in through the glass and fight their way towards their objective.

But an explosion shakes the skyscraper into a deadly topple, and players must then escape as the building collapses around them.

It's impressive stuff that shows off the new engine and, played on Microsoft's forthcoming Xbox One console, demonstrates the graphical power of the next generation of video-game systems.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

If you preorder at GameStop you get a weapon camo for BO2! lol.gif
http://www.gamestop....-of-duty-ghosts

BR-Z
  • BR-Z

<Zee's Head>

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

That was announced long ago. Why bring it up again?

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 18:26)
Pretty accurate.

technically he justs takes them from /r/gaming and reposts it here. since im 100% sure ive seen all his meme posts on reddit before

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (BR-Z @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 14:48)

Foley, he's probably just making fun of COD. Which is typical in this topic or on these forums. or he's actually pointing out how ridiculous that is, which a weapon camo for preordering is kinda lame.. they should do something larger than that.

BF4 will have an entire expansion pack for preorder.

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:06)

Foley, he's probably just making fun of COD. Which is typical in this topic or on these forums. or he's actually pointing out how ridiculous that is, which a weapon camo for preordering is kinda lame.. they should do something larger than that.

So what?

Beyond Two Souls has a steelcase if you pre-order, does Battlefield 4 have that?
I don't care what I get for pre-ordering a game seriously, even more towards a competitor

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

I hope Ghosts has some really good connectivity with Elite, the clans idea was actually good in MW3, but sh*t in Black Ops 2 because all you could unlock was wallpapers for your clan page.

I hope Ghosts has all the elite features from MW3, and more. For example, when you enlist in a clan operation, you are put in to a special playlist available whenever the operation is running, that way you only face other clans and its not a public playlist. Would make it more challenging as everyone will be going for the same challenge to earn clan xp.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 17:36)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:06)

So what?

Beyond Two Souls has a steelcase if you pre-order, does Battlefield 4 have that?
I don't care what I get for pre-ordering a game seriously, even more towards a competitor

There is no 'so what?', I'm stating that some people find it humorous that CoD is only releasing a weapon camo pack upon pre-order. Don't get your fanboy panties in a bunch, son. I find it just as humorous as the next guy. Don't take it as offense to your 'Game of the Year' nomination, ffs.

OT: I haven't been active in Call of Duty since World at War and original Black Ops but I've always played Call of Duty's campaigns in all their releases, so I'm looking forward to this one being the US is being invaded primarily.. excited to see how the story plays out.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Call of Duty: Ghosts features map where you play inside a collapsing skyscraper

Activision Shares New Multiplayer Information on Next Generation of Call of Duty®

Dynamic Map "Free Fall" Delivers New Multiplayer Experience As Players Encounter Constantly Changing Environment

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming, and the one set to raise the bar yet again this November 5th, is delivering a compelling, all-new pre-order incentive for Call of Duty: Ghosts highly anticipated multiplayer mode. Fans around the world that pre-order the game at participating retailers will receive the Free Fall downloadable bonus map that features the new dynamic map event mechanic, included with their copy of the game at launch. Free Fall ushers in the first details on how players will encounter the changing environments in the leading multiplayer experience on consoles.

As an example of just one of Call of Duty: Ghosts' new dynamic map events, Free Fall drops players into a shattered skyscraper on the brink of collapse. Sideways staircases climb into the night sky, elevator shafts run along the ground, and what were once windows now form a terrifying glass floor, hundreds of feet above the city streets. Free Fall's close-quarters combat and frenetic action are then thrown into overdrive as the ruined skyscraper continues to fall throughout the match. With every drop, the accompanying shockwaves cause further destruction, disrupting sightlines and constantly evolving paths and chokepoints as the map changes in real-time.

"Dynamic map events change the way players approach the game, and Free Fall does a great job illustrating this new mechanic," said Mark Rubin, executive producer at Infinity Ward. "As the match progresses, the geometry of the world continues to change and players need to adjust on the fly or else. It's a really fun new feature that adds layers of strategy and constantly evolving gameplay options for players. And this is just one of the many new approaches we're putting into Ghosts' multiplayer across the board. There's so much more that we look forward to sharing in the weeks to come."

Call of Duty: Ghosts, published by Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI), and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the seminal Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® series, features an all-new world, story, characters and experiences, all powered by a new, next-gen engine. Call of Duty: Ghosts is not only a stunning leap forward for the mega-hit franchise, but also showcases what's possible on next generation consoles.

Call of Duty: Ghosts will release on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC on November 5. Call of Duty: Ghosts will also release on the Xbox One, the all-in one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation® 4 later this year. Call of Duty: Ghosts has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com/ghosts, www.facebook.com/CODGhosts, or follow on Twitter @InfinityWard.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

DLC already. suicidal.gif
"Preorder now to get a new map".

Android
  • Android

Whiskey Tits

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:50)
DLC already. suicidal.gif
"Preorder now to get a new map".

it seems that tons of games are doing it and they just want in on the fun

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Woah, hot damn! A DYNAMIC MAP?!

Mind = Blown

Thanks CoD for bringing a legendary feature to the table that will make GTA fans turn to CoD, thus destroying any sales that R* may have gotten on GTA V.

Android
  • Android

Whiskey Tits

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

user posted image

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

One thing is for certain, i will not be buying any more map packs. Ever. I've made the same mistake for about 4 years on the trot, and each time i end up deleting the new maps so i don't have to play on them.
I always find the new maps sh*t, and i grow rather attached to the original ones. So this time around, i will just stick with the originals.

On MW3 i downloaded every single new map pack, but only because i was an Elite founding member so i got them all for free. I after the first pack, i literally could not name you another new map. I always disabled them before i entered the lobby.

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

I miss the old days of Call of Duty.It has lost what made it great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users