Photo

New things discovered for master saves?

14 replies to this topic
Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

So it's been like 5 years since I made my SA master save. No deaths, no busts, no cheats.

But I've heard talk of new things that weren't really know or explored back when I was in that scene. Impound garages? Ways to date girlfriends in restricted zones? Obtaining various vehicles at the start?

Can anyone fill me in on these various things, and how they may relate to "perfecting" a master save file? Including any negative things they may bring (which includes busts/deaths, cheats, negative stats relating to girlfriends like bad dates, etc)?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 09 June 2013 - 09:36 PM.

Very up to date: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=547322

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

Warning: collecting all oysters too soon can restrict your dating and GF progress options. Two-timing dates can be permanently disabled and prevent the collection of any more proofed girlfriend vehicles (check the topic).

Early Side-Missions in Locked-Off Areas is the standard reference, but about 6 years old.

"Official" Unofficial System Error Guide Updates for the big picture on rare vehicles, but isn't specific to master saves.

Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage for reference on impound lots, obviously.

Proofed Cars from Jealous Girlfriends um... not sure.

Mastersave Discussion is the current discussion. Master saves are consider Gameplay, even if lots of tricks and exploits are used.

I don't usually push invites, but since you're an old pal...
The Chain Game V2 95th Round w/4star Mods is off topic, but you should try this while you're active if you play on PC.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for the links, Orion SR! I only play the original PS2 version, though. Not PC, or later PS2 versions.

So is System Error's guide fairly outdated by now? I've mulled over the idea of writing my own special vehicle guide, in the same vein as my GTAIII, VC, and IV guides, but I just never liked the idea that about 99% of the content and information would basically be directly lifted from his guide, even if I processed it into my own format. But if there are still new discoveries occurring and new strategies being developed, that changes things, especially if he's not responding to emails. (The same goes for GTA_Loco's LCS and VCS guides, though I suspect there's not much new in those)

I may re-make my master save sometime ths summer, in preparation for GTAV, especially as I recently officially finished GTAIV stuff I wanted to do.

Could you give me a quick summary of the following things, though? Not a big explanation, but just 2-4 sentences on exactly what it means for master saves and completionist players like me. I can read the topics for more detailed info. Here it is:
-Jealous girlfriend proofs
-Impound garages
(thought there's be more, but once I wrote the list, there wasn't)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by OrionSR, 28 April 2013 - 07:37 AM.

If you've got AR-Max or other cheat device software I've got a Chain Game style custom starter save for PS2.

System Error occasionally checks in and has updated his guide to include the proofed girlfriend cars, so it's not completely out of date. But Krawk's update page is currently maintained. You should talk to him about a new guide. He may have an arrangement of some sort with System Error.

Both of your question topics are quite complex. Uh...

Proofed GF Cars: Two-timing dates allows you to collect fully immune cars from Katie, Barbara, and Michelle, but a normal date disables the two-timing dates forever so jealous girlfriends seem quite rare; it's actually a 50% chance. The 50th oyster trick can boost progress to 45%, but a missed call will display their stat at 43%. The boost allows dating Michelle to 100% with She Drives dates so you can get her racing suit. Collecting the cars requires a failed date. The 50th oyster boost requires GF progress at 0% to -14%, which can be obtained by missed calls or dates, but is quicker with fails.

Impounds: You know how the car CJ drove to the mission often disappears? Those cars are often sent to the nearest impound garage by clear area commands. The impound garages save vehicles in much the same way as a save garage, including proofs and mods, but only 3 vehicles can be stored. So... 3 more save slots in each city at the very beginning, often allowing larger vehicles than will fit anywhere else -- like the early Hydra. However, the impounded vehicles will often vanish if CJ isn't looking in the direction of the vehicles when the invisible impound door is open, so they require a bit of effort to remove.

Early Hydra: Hope your heli doesn't get shot down while you play tag with a Hydra and pray it hits the bridge in just the right way that it falls in the impound lot. Then push it toward the garage zone and hope it doesn't disappear like it did the last few times you tried. This is a very difficult collection. I didn't really try beyond testing if the report was... reasonable.

Something brand new: I think I figured out how the gym glitch works. The glitch should be prevented if you always avoid maxing out the exercise limit for the day. Otherwise will likely get the glitch early next year. See:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062405492

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 07:32)
... Collecting the cars requires a failed date...

What do you mean? Has this something to do with CJ in restricted zones? Because i'm sure it's possible to obtain proofed cars during successful date.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yes, this is in context of a master save, so CJ will be operating in restricted area and the dates will fail as soon as they give the date destination. As soon as Denise is available the cars can be collected without a failed date.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 02:32)
If you've got AR-Max or other cheat device software I've got a Chain Game style custom starter save for PS2.

System Error occasionally checks in and has updated his guide to include the proofed girlfriend cars, so it's not completely out of date. But Krawk's update page is currently maintained. You should talk to him about a new guide. He may have an arrangement of some sort with System Error.

Both of your question topics are quite complex. Uh...

Proofed GF Cars: Two-timing dates allows you to collect fully immune cars from Katie, Barbara, and Michelle, but a normal date disables the two-timing dates forever so jealous girlfriends seem quite rare; it's actually a 50% chance. The 50th oyster trick can boost progress to 45%, but a missed call will display their stat at 43%. The boost allows dating Michelle to 100% with She Drives dates so you can get her racing suit. Collecting the cars requires a failed date. The 50th oyster boost requires GF progress at 0% to -14%, which can be obtained by missed calls or dates, but is quicker with fails.

Impounds: You know how the car CJ drove to the mission often disappears? Those cars are often sent to the nearest impound garage by clear area commands. The impound garages save vehicles in much the same way as a save garage, including proofs and mods, but only 3 vehicles can be stored. So... 3 more save slots in each city at the very beginning, often allowing larger vehicles than will fit anywhere else -- like the early Hydra. However, the impounded vehicles will often vanish if CJ isn't looking in the direction of the vehicles when the invisible impound door is open, so they require a bit of effort to remove.

Early Hydra: Hope your heli doesn't get shot down while you play tag with a Hydra and pray it hits the bridge in just the right way that it falls in the impound lot. Then push it toward the garage zone and hope it doesn't disappear like it did the last few times you tried. This is a very difficult collection. I didn't really try beyond testing if the report was... reasonable.

Something brand new: I think I figured out how the gym glitch works. The glitch should be prevented if you always avoid maxing out the exercise limit for the day. Otherwise will likely get the glitch early next year. See:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062405492

What exactly is the Chain Game?

As for two-timing dates, there just needs to have never been a successful date? Wouldn't getting Michelle to 100% at the start automatically disqualify all two-timing dates then? I'm guessing that's just a conflict of interest, of sorts. Neither one sounds particularly palatable to me, although for a two-timing date, does it need to be a failure if you wait until you've properly unlocked areas in the game?

I'm thinking it's probably not worth it to remake my master save just to do a trick that blocks me from unique content (the proofed vehicles) just to do something I could do later anyways a bit earlier. And just to be sure, the two main topics regarding girlfriends are:

-Two-timing dates = proofed girlfriend cars
-Last oyster % boost = can date Michelle to 100% at the start (nothing for any other girlfriend though)

Correct?

The impound garages sound interesting, but do they have any real, unique value, aside from being an unreliable but large garage? Is there any special vehicle who's acquisition is made easier or faster with use of an impound garage? Are impound garages used any other time besides the clear vehicle command thing you mention? What of those "car basements" at police stations where you can find the car that you were driving when busted, or something? I remember that used to be a thing, and once read some research about how that works.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

A Chain Game is based on mission help SnP, except that we don't need help beyond keeping the game moving. We just take turns completing the save to 100% and then start again. Chain Games often use custom starter saves with extra vehicles, pickups, or anything else the save creators can think to modify but still be compatible with standard scripts and data files. The SA Chain Game has a pretty standard set of customizations which have been ported to PS2 in the form of custom starter saves and cheat device codes, but there's never been enough interest to generate a true Chain Game with lots of people taking turns.

The two-timing dates are complicated, and I was trying to be brief. A "normal" date disables the two timing dates; success or fail isn't a factor. Michelle's She-Drives and Millie's Gimp Suit dates are special dates that never disable the two-timing dates, but Denise's special Drive-By date uses the same rules as normal dates. It's possible to collect the early GF cars and preserve the two-timing dates so the other 3 vehicles can be collected later. If you wait you can avoid the failures. Katie and Barbra can get the oyster boost to 45% (43% if you want to see the stats), but no other rewards are available. I'm afraid I can't summarize all the details properly and still call it a summary.

The basements at the police departments are referred to as the impound lots. Within each impound lot is an impound garage zone. Busted cars do not get impounded, that was the old myth. Now we know that clear area commands are responsible for impounding. However, vehicles can be placed directly into the impound zone too.

The impound garages are critical for an early Hydra collection. The goal is often to collect one before Gray Imports so EP/FP can be applied. It's easier to get using a seasparrow proofed from Gray Imports (and saved on the roof of the Mulholland garage) so it's immune from the Hydra attacks. Few people have managed this on a master save, mostly because it's a new collection, but also because it's really difficult.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

So for someone who wants to avoid negative girlfriend-related stats AND preserve the proofings, would it be best to just not have anything to do with girlfriends on the master save?

Also, what's this about saving a heli on top of the Mulholland garage? You can do that?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Crazy but true:

Only aircraft that works is the Sparrow/Seasparrow, but cars, bikes and even a Dinghy stores too.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by OrionSR, 30 April 2013 - 12:31 AM.

It sounds like it's not a priority for you, but you could probably date Michelle to 100% and have the racing suit early without fails. You'll need to miss 8 calls to drop her progress below 0%, and you'll need 4 She-Drive dates after the last oyster, which are fairly rare; so lots of reloading, but it is possible.

BTW, if start your new save after loading an existing save you'll be missing fire extinguishers in the pizza, burger and (unused) donut joint. and a sniper rifle near the cropduster on the hill above the SF airport. Pulling the memory cards before starting the game will get you a fresh start with all the pickups, but then you can't get the girlfriend wasted/busted bonus to carry over from the previous save.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 19:25)
It sounds like it's not a priority for you, but you could probably date Michelle to 100% and have the racing suit early without fails. You'll need to miss 8 calls to drop her progress below 0%, and you'll need 4 She-Drive dates after the last oyster, which are fairly rare; so lots of reloading, but it is possible.

BTW, if start your new save after loading an existing save you'll be missing fire extinguishers in the pizza, burger and (unused) donut joint. and a sniper rifle near the cropduster on the hill above the SF airport. Pulling the memory cards before starting the game will get you a fresh start with all the pickups, but then you can't get the girlfriend wasted/busted bonus to carry over from the previous save.

So just to understand, if I were to start dating Millie and then get the last oyster once she's below 0%, I could get her to 100% and her racing suit, all while keeping the option for proofed GF vehicles open?

Would that incur any negative GF stats, such as date failures? (I gorget if there are any others)

I may end up making this a project over the summer (very big maybe), and if I do, whenever I get around to playing the game I may just write up a vehicle guide of my own using system error's guide and the additional info in that topic. I was never a big fan of his approach in some of the types of info he provides, such as duplicate unique vehicles. Not sure if I'd really want to steal his thunder by posting it to GameFAQs, but I could at least make it available, with all the amenities that my GTA3 and VC guides provide (like a mission list to organize vehicle order).

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

Yes, except it's Michelle. Millie is the LV girlfriend with the gimp suit from the mission so no need to get 100%.

You should be able to avoid failed dates if you are willing to wait for missed phone calls (-2%) or manage to take the call but then don't show up (-3%). She's liable to disappear from the stats long before 0% though so keep track of the progress drops.

To be honest though, I've never actually pulled this of in legitimate game play on any system. I used modified saves, cleo scripts, and trainers to manipulate the game variables in order to test the hypothesis on PCv1, and then coached Jack Reacher through the process on a backward compatible PS3. Other players have since repeated the process on several systems and may be able to offer additional insights.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I can't remember exactly how I did it, basically once all the GFs dropped off the in game stat page I collected the last oyster. Sometimes with Michelle though on certain saves I just couldn't get the she drives dates done, on one file I got it right though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users