» «
Photo

Sticking with only main titles

19 replies to this topic
beavis55
  • beavis55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by beavis55, 05 June 2013 - 12:18 AM.

I have played every GTA except Chinatown wars and I have come to the conclusion that only the main series titles are worth playing. The stories and portables etc are not the same caliber as the main titles.

I applaud Rockstar for making additional games to expand on the story from the originals but they usually end up with way to many continuity errors. They do add improvements to the stories and portables as well but the end result is still a short spin off that doesnt compare to the original. I cringe every time someone says LCS/VCS is better than III/VC.

IMO the full GTA experience is: 1,2,III,VC,SA,IV/EFLC. (V as well) If you're new the the series or on the fence about playing the stories or portables, dont play them. youre not missing much.

Agree/disagree, thoughts or opinions?

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

Agree, for the most part. The Episodes are deeply tied to vanilla IV and, both as stories and feature sets, complete IV. However, I also couldn't be bothered with any of the handhelds, or even the top-down GTAs for that matter.

For me, the worthwhile GTAs are III, VC, SA, IV (including dlc), and V (including dlc).

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by ClaudeSpeedRulez, 28 April 2013 - 02:23 AM.

Vice City and San Andreas are not main titles, they are spin-offs of III.

By the way, I disagree, every GTA game is important, it doesn't matter if it's a main title, if it came out first, if it is new, old, it's just as important as any other GTA, it gives you a new experience and -most of the time - an interesting storyline to follow.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

I think every GTA does a good job of adding its own "piece of the puzzle" so to speak. I've never played GTAA, but I think LCS, VCS, CTW and EFLC are all just as important as the "main" games.

LCS and VCS explain things in GTA III and VC that would still be a mystery to this day had they never been made aswell as VCS introducing empire building which IMO is one of the best features in the series.

CTW not so much on the story side, but it introduced a lot of interesting and cool features never used before and EFLC as well all know ties in heavily into the GTA IV plot whist introducing new features of their own.

I would say every GTA is quite important actually.

Leone Sentinel
  • Leone Sentinel

Radio Espantoso!

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:10 AM Edited by Leone Sentinel, 28 April 2013 - 11:17 AM.

Strongly disagree, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were great games, and added more detail to their cities and had many unique features. (Particularly VCS.) And if you cringe everytime someone says that LCS and VCS are better than 3 and VC then you might want to get that checked out because you're going to have a lot of problems in life if you can't handle other people's opinions. And as stated above, VC and SA aren't main games.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

The more GTA there is to play, the happier I am smile.gif

So every GTA is great and worth playing imo!

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I liked Stories and EFLC games,but only get to half of the CTW so far.But those games also are fun. I especially loved playing LCS for the first time,it felt like returning to home town after being absent for so long. And i liked TLAD and biker story in it,wish it was full game with at least 60 missions.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 10:47)
The more GTA there is to play, the happier I am smile.gif

So every GTA is great and worth playing imo!

100% this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

I atually liked TBoGT more than IV itself. tLaD I wasn't so bothered about though.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 18:28)
I atually liked TBoGT more than IV itself. tLaD I wasn't so bothered about though.

I had the same exact thoughts, Grand Theft Auto IV was pretty much boring for me and so I decided to move on the Ballad Of Gay Tony side. smile.gif

The Grand Theft Auto series can keep on going and I'll surely play each one of them in the future.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

I have to disagree. I love LCS and VCS. They are both wonderful additions to the GTA series.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 23:09)
I have to disagree. I love LCS and VCS. They are both wonderful additions to the GTA series.

THIS

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

All spin-off GTA games are still very unique in some ways that mainstream titles don't have. For example the Empire Building feature in VCS, the drug-selling game in CTW, the gang wars in TLAD, and so much more. Think about it, spin-offs adds more features that mainstream don't have.

GtaIIIFanBoy
  • GtaIIIFanBoy

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

all the Gta games are brilliant in their own way and its some ones opinion if they wanna put the stories games above the originals for instance i think lcs is better than vice city and san andreas im sure about 95% of people on this forum will disagree with me but that's just my opinion. and they all play a part in interconnecting the Gta world.

beavis55
  • beavis55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

I didn't realize all this love for LCS/VCS. I beat them both 100% on PSP/PS2 and honestly i couldnt be bothered to touch them again. IMO They lack the polish and deepness of III/VC. Though Im willing to bet most of you are kids who first started out with SA/LCS/VCS and cant give III/VC a fair shot because of graphics and less features.

@Dickvalor, i 100% agree with you. I have changed my opinion about the EFLC and the future V DLC.

GTAMAN567
  • GTAMAN567

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

No sorry OP but you are completely wrong. I found it so entertaining to play the portable modes. Both LCS and VCS gave me the feel of the previous games, gave me a city I knew and loved, offered a brand new storyline, new features, better graphics.

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

LCS/VCS have a new feature here and there, characters and storyline but that's about it.
From what i've seen, they lack some polish mainly in cutscenes, the main games seem to offer a better, more cinematic story.
Anyway those titles aren't defining in the GTA universe, they're just portable expansions.

So yes, GTA fans can perfectly stick with the main titles, they're not missing out on much.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

You can skip all the rest but please play Chinatown Wars, on the DS (not any of that apple crap). Chinatown Wars is really, really, really, really good. Like so good that I put it at number 3, behind only GTA III and San Andreas. It is a fantastic little game and is Rockstar Leeds at their finest.

gaydar999
  • gaydar999

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (beavis55 @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 01:23)
I have played every GTA except Chinatown wars and I have come to the conclusion that only the main series titles are worth playing.

wrong u dont play chinatown wars because u dont like the chinese every type of chinese

admit it

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Every GTA is Important and SA and VC is spin offs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users