GTAF Presents: For the ♥ of $$$

92 replies to this topic
Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Good work on the video Meta and the team. icon14.gif

I enjoyed every minute if the video and the animal ' Sloth' of whatever its called is Awesome! smile.gif

I'd prefer a satchel for my inventory space if. Good job. icon14.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 02:18)
I also really liked the bit about using locations in the game to hide the "secret stash" items. It would also be great if those secret items weren't necessarily always the same item. I mean say you go into a party store and you find a sawn-off shotgun under the counter stashed there in case the place was robbed? - You have secret stash item one. Maybe later on you happen to be using a restroom in an old Italian restaurant and you notice the toilet has "the box with the chain thing" behind it you find a revolver duct taped to the back. - Secret stash item two... etc.

It doesn't always have to be guns, but it would be great if the items you found actually looked like they were left somewhere with a purpose and made sense in the location that you found them in. You as the player just happened to be savvy enough to spot them and make off with some useful merchandise. Guns you can use, drugs you can sell, whatever.

Yeah, and maybe even something similar to Chinatown Wars where [at rare occasions] you may find drug packages and even swords at some dumpsters. I'd definitely want to see that in the game.

Awesome work on the series so far meta & co.

Supernutz40
  • Supernutz40

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Watched with my wife last night on my Xbox and she thought it was a "real" show. Nice work guys.

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Damn Meta, your a inspiration to us all!!

Serious kudos to all involved!

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Video turned out great! Well done everyone!

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (NONative @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 03:37)
QUOTE (Adriaan @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 00:48)
Kirsty is the female VO in the iFruit ad. "Hyper, hyper wireless..."

wow.gif

Oh man! Kirsty! Um...u...sound...nice.

But back to the vid. 100% agree! You nailed all of it! I will be waiting with baited breath for next installment.

Damn, thirsty ass virgin!

Anyway, that was a great presentation. I'm looking forward to the last part.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Very nice.

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 19:04)
QUOTE (NONative @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 03:37)
QUOTE (Adriaan @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 00:48)
Kirsty is the female VO in the iFruit ad. "Hyper, hyper wireless..."

wow.gif

Oh man! Kirsty! Um...u...sound...nice.

But back to the vid. 100% agree! You nailed all of it! I will be waiting with baited breath for next installment.

Damn, thirsty ass virgin!

Anyway, that was a great presentation. I'm looking forward to the last part.

Lol I didn't mean it to be thought of like that. It was her voice actually fits the art is was amazing to me. After rereading my post it came off pervy. Sry.

And again meta great video. You brought up homes or rental properties with upgradable furnishings. How far, if brought in, do you think this should go?

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:06 PM Edited by meta187, 28 April 2013 - 09:08 PM.

QUOTE (NONative @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 20:32)
  You brought up homes or rental properties with upgradable furnishings. How far, if brought in, do you think this should go?

I wouldn't want to see it be something as extreme and detailed as The Sims per se but I do think Skyrim: Hearthfire had a very good model on how to do a somewhat compelling interior build system. Basically you paid for the slots for various predetermined fixtures and decorations within the homes without having a lot of freedom on how they were actually placed within the homes, which sort of pissed me off in Skyrim but this seems like a perfectly reasonable balance in GTA to not be too demanding of what's already in place. You start the game with a rather sparse interior in your living room, front porch, garage, bedroom etc. After you go out and purchase these unique items they suddenly appear in your residence in their predetermined places. Nutshell, by the end of the game you have a kick ass crib, with character for being well traveled and spending lots of money.

Khaos_Kiwi
  • Khaos_Kiwi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by Khaos_Kiwi, 29 April 2013 - 02:57 AM.

MANAGING YOUR EMPIRE

Hey Meta I posted this in your original thread after you asked for some more input, but that thread has then slipped off the main page. So if it's ok I'm just gonna copy what I said here. Hopefully I could get some feedback on what people think of it too!

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but I think it would be good to have more variety in ways to earn money. Most of the criminal money generating activities that have been mentioned such as robbing banks etc all have some sort of physical risk to them.

My idea would be to have other activities such as smuggling (guns/drugs/counterfeit bills/immigrants), human trafficking and kidnapping(ransom), repossessing, illegal gambling (wagers including money, drugs, guns, people etc) and drug manufacturing and distribution.

Now while the smuggling, human trafficking and kidnapping, repossessing and drug distribution can all be manually undertaken by the player- with all the physical risks associated with such endeavors. All the activities listed also have a management style way of carrying out these activities.

Now in conjunction with previous ideas mentioned in this topic concerning "hired goons", this is another area into which they come into play. By having them increase in certain skills through experience in certain activities, they will mean more to the player if they get killed or arrested- but more on that later.

Now each of the three characters specialize in a few of these activities (I'm not 100% on the specifics here- e.g Trevor - immigrants and drug smuggling, Franklin - repo etc). And again the same basic principle applies- bigger risk = bigger reward, the more effort and resources = higher completion %. (Similar principles to trading in Assassins Creed 3 where the areas you had cleared of enemies = less risk of the convoy being attacked. I also really liked how different vendors payed different amounts for different products and had differing tax rates).

So it's about working supply and demand. Particular areas of Los Santos could be in demand for different products. I'll give you guys a quick scenario. Blaine County has an excess of meth stored. You decide to buy some product on the cheap. (Now you can go physically do the purchase yourself, but in this scenario lets just discuss the management aspect a little more). You cycle through your available "henchmen" and decide on 'bleeding' a new recruit- due to it being relatively low risk (could be determined by rival gangs or drug operations in the surrounding area, any recent failed operations due to police intervention, maybe even your recent amount of heat in that area). He goes to pay for and collect the product which takes a pre-determined amount of time (distance from 'base' location, amount of product involved etc). You then get notified by text that the product has arrived at your warehouse (in another circumstance you may receive a phone call with your goon saying he is under attack or has the cops on him, prompting you to go help him out if you so desire). Now you have the product stored safely and can decide to wait until the price (demand) increases or flick it off asap. You notice that a distributor in Rodeo is paying a really good price for meth at the moment, however, you recently performed a bank heist there so there is increased police attention. Not wanting to fail to capitalize on such good prices, you decide to send your best man, along with the recruit, You also choose to hook them both up with bullet proof vests and assault rifles, as well as a custom armored van. So that if things do go south, chances are they might just make the deal. The two manage to sell the product without any hassle but end up under pursuit by the cops, in the van with all that money in it. Thankfully the experience of your best goon meant that they arrived back to the warehouse safely, but it would be a very bad option to deal in Rodeo, at least until the heat cools off.

I feel activities like these would add a lot more ways to earn money and give the player more things to do. It means that, if you personally aren't the best driver or shot, you still have ways to earn the big bucks. It also means that your hired goons aren't just personal followers, they can be put to use and have some actual value. Your main goon who is a pro at buying and selling drugs- when he gets killed or arrested, that's it. He's gone. You now have to send your new recruit out on easy sh*t or personally accompany him- until he gets better. That way, if you lose a goon- it actually means something.

This all just came off the top of my head, and I have probably repeated someone or completely missed out on a particular area but whatever. If anyone has anything they would like to add or further discuss, please go ahead! Just trying to help R* make the best game possible by helping to contribute to an amazing project by Meta and the team - you guys have done great!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Nice video, but the modern developer philosophy is all about giving players instant gratification for little input. They don't think about the long game leading to the big pay off.

All they need to do is have something draining your cash away, so it makes you do more crimes to get the cash. And how about Michael being an art thief and he decorates his house with his stolen stuff. To find out where it is and go nab it all would take as long as the main story.

Also, what was the song at the end of the vid?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 13:16)
@Proust: The bangin' song playing in the Credits is A$AP Rocky - Long.Live.A$AP (Bear//Face Bootleg Edit)

Answered a bit earlier. Thanks for the input, Joseph. smile.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

Cool choon.

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 21:06)
QUOTE (NONative @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 20:32)
  You brought up homes or rental properties with upgradable furnishings. How far, if brought in, do you think this should go?

I wouldn't want to see it be something as extreme and detailed as The Sims per se but I do think Skyrim: Hearthfire had a very good model on how to do a somewhat compelling interior build system. Basically you paid for the slots for various predetermined fixtures and decorations within the homes without having a lot of freedom on how they were actually placed within the homes, which sort of pissed me off in Skyrim but this seems like a perfectly reasonable balance in GTA to not be too demanding of what's already in place. You start the game with a rather sparse interior in your living room, front porch, garage, bedroom etc. After you go out and purchase these unique items they suddenly appear in your residence in their predetermined places. Nutshell, by the end of the game you have a kick ass crib, with character for being well traveled and spending lots of money.

100% agree. Skyrim dlc Hearthfire is perfect for a GTA upgradable home, sims being too time consuming. Are you hinting at the possiblity at car modification in part 3?

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Part 2 was f*cking awesome man. Love the intro and the ASAP song at the end in the credits. But I want to know what clip is that movie from at 3:36. Other than that awesome job to you and all who contributed in the making of this. More people should watch this.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:54 AM Edited by meta187, 29 April 2013 - 03:00 AM.

QUOTE (NONative @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 02:23)
car modification in part 3?

I have a sort of a thought on an approach to all 3 protagonists that while there are several weapons, items and vehicles that should be available to all three of them at any given point a small percentage of them should apply as "signature" items. Side activities, items and skill sets that define their character, that they favor and aren't available necessarily to the other two. This would not only give you something to spend your money on in defining their character a bit but also give you an incentive to switch around between the protagonists to find out what their strengths and weaknesses are and who might be able to tackle a certain side activity vs another. Invariably, you will have players who favor one character or another and be tempted to always play the one who they favor more or identify with. Having it set up so you have to move from person to person and experience their personal story a bit to progress forward towards the unlocking of main joint storyline missions would force you to explore those differences and give you appreciation for the capabilities of all three.

I know that's a bit more than you asked but I could see it applying to a few signature vehicles as well. For example, a special luxury car only Michael drives, a tricked out sports car only Franklin drives and a custom Chopper only Trevor drives. Again, this defines their preferences and tastes, lending you an incite into their background and outlook.

But I want to know what clip is that movie from at 3:36.

Stone Cold E.T. is something meant to enrich the lives of everyone on the planet, we could not deny him.

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

My bad I meant 31:16 biggrin.gif

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by meta187, 29 April 2013 - 03:29 AM.

QUOTE (MLGTA @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 03:02)

Ummmm..wow. I knew the 80's/90's pop culture references would catch up with me eventually.

That's from a little 80's movie back in what Anthony Cumia likes to refer to as "The Day" called The Goonies.

This movie will teach you about life.

And truffle shuffles.

jmb180
  • jmb180

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Funny. Nice work on the vid, guys. Cheers.
icon14.gif

Supernutz40
  • Supernutz40

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 03:18)
QUOTE (MLGTA @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 03:02)

Ummmm..wow. I knew the 80's/90's pop culture references would catch up with me eventually.

That's from a little 80's movie back in what Anthony Cumia likes to refer to as "The Day" called The Goonies.

This movie will teach you about life.

And truffle shuffles.

Wow that made me feel old. How do people not know about the Goonies? I've seen that movie probably 1000 times. One of the greatest movies of all time no doubt. I even have the "Truffle Shuffle" poster in my man cave.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Proust @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 11:07)
What I fear now, is that R* won't live up to the expectations... Good job Meta & his team.

P.S. What's the song in the outro? Please, help cry.gif

There's a chance Rockstar took note of this and is implementing this in the game right now, or maybe the next GTA. But i don't think you should expect too much, cause if you do..you will be incredibly disappointed when the game comes out and you find out that it's not in there. I'm pretty sure Rockstar will definitely live up to my expectations and i don't see any reason for you to think otherwise. But that's all up to you smile.gif

Khaos_Kiwi
  • Khaos_Kiwi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Khaos_Kiwi @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 21:11)
MANAGING YOUR EMPIRE

Hey Meta I posted this in your original thread after you asked for some more input, but that thread has then slipped off the main page. So if it's ok I'm just gonna copy what I said here. Hopefully I could get some feedback on what people think of it too!

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but I think it would be good to have more variety in ways to earn money. Most of the criminal money generating activities that have been mentioned such as robbing banks etc all have some sort of physical risk to them.

My idea would be to have other activities such as smuggling (guns/drugs/counterfeit bills/immigrants), human trafficking and kidnapping(ransom), repossessing, illegal gambling (wagers including money, drugs, guns, people etc) and drug manufacturing and distribution.

Now while the smuggling, human trafficking and kidnapping, repossessing and drug distribution can all be manually undertaken by the player- with all the physical risks associated with such endeavors. All the activities listed also have a management style way of carrying out these activities.

Now in conjunction with previous ideas mentioned in this topic concerning "hired goons", this is another area into which they come into play. By having them increase in certain skills through experience in certain activities, they will mean more to the player if they get killed or arrested- but more on that later.

Now each of the three characters specialize in a few of these activities (I'm not 100% on the specifics here- e.g Trevor - immigrants and drug smuggling, Franklin - repo etc). And again the same basic principle applies- bigger risk = bigger reward, the more effort and resources = higher completion %. (Similar principles to trading in Assassins Creed 3 where the areas you had cleared of enemies = less risk of the convoy being attacked. I also really liked how different vendors payed different amounts for different products and had differing tax rates).

So it's about working supply and demand. Particular areas of Los Santos could be in demand for different products. I'll give you guys a quick scenario. Blaine County has an excess of meth stored. You decide to buy some product on the cheap. (Now you can go physically do the purchase yourself, but in this scenario lets just discuss the management aspect a little more). You cycle through your available "henchmen" and decide on 'bleeding' a new recruit- due to it being relatively low risk (could be determined by rival gangs or drug operations in the surrounding area, any recent failed operations due to police intervention, maybe even your recent amount of heat in that area). He goes to pay for and collect the product which takes a pre-determined amount of time (distance from 'base' location, amount of product involved etc). You then get notified by text that the product has arrived at your warehouse (in another circumstance you may receive a phone call with your goon saying he is under attack or has the cops on him, prompting you to go help him out if you so desire). Now you have the product stored safely and can decide to wait until the price (demand) increases or flick it off asap. You notice that a distributor in Rodeo is paying a really good price for meth at the moment, however, you recently performed a bank heist there so there is increased police attention. Not wanting to fail to capitalize on such good prices, you decide to send your best man, along with the recruit, You also choose to hook them both up with bullet proof vests and assault rifles, as well as a custom armored van. So that if things do go south, chances are they might just make the deal. The two manage to sell the product without any hassle but end up under pursuit by the cops, in the van with all that money in it. Thankfully the experience of your best goon meant that they arrived back to the warehouse safely, but it would be a very bad option to deal in Rodeo, at least until the heat cools off.

I feel activities like these would add a lot more ways to earn money and give the player more things to do. It means that, if you personally aren't the best driver or shot, you still have ways to earn the big bucks. It also means that your hired goons aren't just personal followers, they can be put to use and have some actual value. Your main goon who is a pro at buying and selling drugs- when he gets killed or arrested, that's it. He's gone. You now have to send your new recruit out on easy sh*t or personally accompany him- until he gets better. That way, if you lose a goon- it actually means something.

This all just came off the top of my head, and I have probably repeated someone or completely missed out on a particular area but whatever. If anyone has anything they would like to add or further discuss, please go ahead! Just trying to help R* make the best game possible by helping to contribute to an amazing project by Meta and the team - you guys have done great!

So does anyone have any opinions on some of the things I have proposed? Are these types of activities something which you would like to see in the game? Do you have any parts on which you would like to further elaborate?

Lets get it goin!

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Khaos_Kiwi @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 03:50)
Lets get it goin!

Thanks for the input Khaos, I posted a reply to this in the main discussion topic. Well said.

Platinvm
  • Platinvm

GTA V: Chop's Adventures

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

This episode was awesome again! I like the switching between images to literally show what you're saying.
Would love to be able to move furniture around the house and collectibles as paintings and such. Kind of like Playstation Home, maybe?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Platinvm @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 11:39)
Kind of like Playstation Home, maybe?

Mmmm a little closer to Skyrim: Hearthfire, barring the gathering the building materials part, check what I said on it near the top of the page.

Anyways, because some idiot questioned it last time here's a screencap of my crappy decade old Yahoo Inbox. Rockstar got back to us pretty quick this go round. Short & sweet but kinda neat. Thanks for watching, I know you're out there lurking somewhere, R*. ph34r.gif

user posted image

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

great work! great ideas!

drahc88
  • drahc88

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

the current money should be a realistic conversion if you want it to apply in gta v. it should be worked hard. not like 1 week u got all the mansions and cars. too easy and fast paced. and this should be shown in online multiplayer.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Excellent video, Meta. Really great ideas, particularly carrying around and seeing your cash and the DLC music. The iFruit commercial segment was very funny, too!

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

"About the economy, Dan Houser says: "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of "I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item."

That line ALWAYS get me more excited for the game.

Ty745
  • Ty745

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

mane gta 5 gone be a stone kold killer iont want no game this year to be better none dats how much i fukks wit rockstar they stay dropping some hardcore sh*t biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users