Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAF Presents: For the ♥ of $$$

92 replies to this topic
meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by meta187, 04 May 2013 - 04:23 AM.

user posted image

in association with

user posted image

Present

user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

O n Thursday, Jan 10th veteran community members and GTAF staff gathered to discuss one of the more compelling aspects of the up coming release of GTA V, namely the use and application of a living, breathing economy in the next GTA installment. At that time it was not known (though fully expected) that there would be a formal delay on the game's release. However, In the Game Informer Reveal and other game info outlets some statements in regards to money and how it will actually work were made clear.

About the economy, Dan Houser says: "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of "I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item."

A certain amount of money will be needed to gain access to some missions.

-GTA V.net

With that thought in mind, an active and in depth conversation gave release to a topic, For the ♥ of $$$ - Making Money Work in GTA V, which has been generally well received by newer and older members here alike but more importantly by the watchful eye of Rockstar Game Developers and official Rockstar correspondence network, RSGNYC MOUTHOFF. What began as mere speculation that the tone and depth of the topic was well liked and appreciated by them was later confirmed within a month of it's release as we received official correspondence from the company. The reply was cautious in tone, as to not give credit to any one idea but encouraging and complimentary of the effort made by the author and all participants in the GTAF topic to the extent that a nice care package was sent over to the author of the topic for a job well done.

That said, a little encouragement and positivity shown towards the GTAF Community can go a long way. This video presentation is the product of being shown just a little love by our hands down favorite video game company in the world. If well received we hope for this to be the first of a three part series so please show your support at this time and share this with fellow fans outside the forums here and spread the word as we are looking to promote these ideas towards Rockstar's attention in future game development endeavors.

So if you aren't into TL;DR topics grab yourself some popcorn and a fresh can of Sprunk, we sincerely hope you are at the very least entertained by this and enjoy the next 20 minutes of your life. No Refunds, Void where Prohibited.

user posted image

D ropping a mere month after the first installment, For The Love of Money is back and better than ever. Completely skipping the stated two week break we got right back to work on the next episode, energized and encouraged by viewer feedback on the previous Episode. Once again, previous contributors added their collaborative talents to the project to help take on individual sections, adding original artwork and their own personal touches to the presentations humor and style. We also added a few new contributors to the mix who lent their voices and support art to this episode for variety. There were also a few that were quick to offer help but ran the f*ck off the moment they realized their was actual work involved with the project which forced technically disinclined caveman, meta to learn the finer points of FRAPS, the GTA IV Video Editor and Sony Vegas Pro so thanks to them for bailing on us, it worked out for the better.

Noted Contributors: Narcis_speed6, What?!, PresidentKiller, Pusher, Otter, DTUMan, Waingro (for a killer opening line), and Cilogy for an awesome Fleet Foxes Remix. Also to Voodoo and Kirsty for lending their voices as well.

Special thanks to the GTAF Staff who've shown the project quite a bit of support by showcasing us not only on this board but at GTAV.net as well.

And to you the readers, if you've simply commented on our thread, shared us on Facebook, Twitter or emailed Rockstar on our behalf your efforts are again warmly received. Thanks and keep watching, couldn't have done it without ye unruly goblins.

user posted image

A re you a visual or musical artist, writer, or someone who dabbles in Video Audio presentations? Are you an enthusiastic fan of Grand Theft Auto and perhaps have experience in shooting game play videos or developing game mods to express creative ideas? If so, we are looking to hear from you!

At this time, as we move into a new game release, The GTA Network is looking to make itself known with a much stronger lean towards original content and a visual presentation. As we move into multiplayer competition and single player gameplay in the coming months following the release of Grand Theft Auto V and writing active commentaries there will be an ardent need for a more hands on approach towards media and how it addresses the in flux of Social Club information and general gameplay mechanics as they are revealed.

Please contact meta187, Adriaan or Andy if you are interested in contributing your time and talents towards our efforts. Thank you.

Also, you've been approved for our new exclusively issued FLEECA card with a special low rate APR of 39.8% with no Annual Fees. Be sure to take advantage of this special offer today!

user posted image

CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=540985&st=0][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0xNQi4P.png[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image

CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=540985&st=0][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5ppa3O6.png[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image Episode 1 - In case you were in a coma this last month.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Awesome! Been waiting on this!

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hell yeah, part 2 is here! This... 3 new trailers... Previews coming... My hype has been restored icon14.gif

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

Those Iphones are so mesmerizing.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by Spaghetti Cat, 28 April 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Firsties! (damnit people)

Seriously couple of minutes in and looks good so far.

Thanks for all the hard work cookie.gif

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

The production quality is trough the roof, great stuff man!

highnrich
  • highnrich

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:06 AM Edited by highnrich, 28 April 2013 - 12:08 AM.

XD, that was awesome inlove.gif

Niall
  • Niall

Mad Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Going to watch with some friends. Caint wait! icon14.gif

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Was looking forward for the next episode for weeks, gonna watch it now

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

This'll be a nice start to a week full of Grand Theft Auto!!

RDL
  • RDL

High Roller

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

Haha great video again guys, way to start this GTA fuelled week. Looking forward to the concluding ep!

J-B
  • J-B

Two Faced

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

That was great. Nice work guys.

turkeygoo2
  • turkeygoo2

Raging Hardon!!

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

Great video man
Looking forward to the next one,
Only thing I disagree with is how you spawn your car I'd prefer if you call up one the other protag's to deliver the car to you.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Kirsty is the female VO in the iFruit ad. "Hyper, hyper wireless..."

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

Philosophizing about future GTA's makes my vagina wet.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Just finished the video, gotta say once again the ideas you state on these videos are pretty amazing. I'm seriously hoping one day we get to play a game just like that, or hopefully in V

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

Wow, nice job man. Really good points smile.gif . I enjoyed the first one as much as i enjoyed this.
I love these videos, those IFruit phones look amazing. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Tradan
  • Tradan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

More great points Meta and company. Good work.

I love the idea of buying the collectible items found throughout the map. I don't like the floating items thing, and this would help solve the thousands of unused cash problem in previous games.

I forgot about the treasure maps in RDR. Something similar to that would be great in V or future installments.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

COMMUNITY LEADER

Basically, my idea for money stems from a desire to 'work around' the lack of property acquisition in GTA V. We know we won't be buying businesses, and that's fine.
But why do we want to buy businesses? Well, that's easy. The player likes to feel like the boss, he likes to feel like a crime Kingpin with a mansion and a chained Tiger on the grounds.
How about if there was a way to simulate this feeling of power even without buying mansions and Tigers?

How about this - let's say Michael has a LOT of money to burn. He strolls through Tehrangeles - LA's Iranian district - and has an encounter with a local businessman. For a large sum of money, Michael can bankroll a festival that will take place in that specific district celebrating the history of the Iranian immigrants who settled there.
The result? Michael will be mentioned both on the in-game internet and newspapers as a 'community figure'.

Let's go a little bit further, shall we?
Let's say that Franklin is wandering around and sees an old church. What if he could use the money he accumulated to refurbish the church? So, after giving the priest a little cash and going away for a few in-game days - you returned and found that it had a new steeple, new stained glass windows and didn't look like the worlds biggest urinal anymore.
Such a monumental act of generosity would have Franklin being mentioned as a 'community leader' - civilians on the street would wave at him. And this would open up new side missions - with ordinary, law-abiding people coming to Franklin for financial help.

But on the opposite side of the fence, let's say that you want a reputation - but as a gangster instead of the shady 'legitimate businessman' image so beloved by Mafia goons everywhere.

We can't buy properties - but perhaps even a small purchase could help along your image as a feared criminal?
Let's say that Trevor murdered a drug dealer as part of a mission, this drug dealer owned some very distinctive jewellery. The player could take a trip down to the city morgue - slip the coroner some money and pocket the drug dealers bling.
And every time Trevor wore it, certain people may whisper at how he killed a man to acquire his newest fashion accessory.

This should come with its own risks however, if Franklin decides to dress like a criminal and walks through the city in a flashy suit, mink coat and sunglasses - the player may find younger criminals attempting to murder him in order to gain status. Or - more gravely - police following them around, waiting for the player to slip up so they can arrest you.

Spending money should not only be fun - it should carry with it certain risks, with extravagant purchases broadcasting your criminal past-times to the entire world.
Using your money to create a positive public image could give the player greater leeway to flout the law and rekindle that sense of being a somebody - without us ever needing to park a sportscar on the steps of our mansion.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

lol! I like the addition you stuck on the front of the rTunes segment. Dramatic.

I also really liked the bit about using locations in the game to hide the "secret stash" items. It would also be great if those secret items weren't necessarily always the same item. I mean say you go into a party store and you find a sawn-off shotgun under the counter stashed there in case the place was robbed? - You have secret stash item one. Maybe later on you happen to be using a restroom in an old Italian restaurant and you notice the toilet has "the box with the chain thing" behind it you find a revolver duct taped to the back. - Secret stash item two... etc.

It doesn't always have to be guns, but it would be great if the items you found actually looked like they were left somewhere with a purpose and made sense in the location that you found them in. You as the player just happened to be savvy enough to spot them and make off with some useful merchandise. Guns you can use, drugs you can sell, whatever.

Beyond that I'm huge on the idea of being able to buy sh*t that has nothing to do with the story. I should be able to blow my cash on my guns and vehicles. Merchandise for my home/hideout would be great as well.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

Something to check when I go to bed later. icon14.gif

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 00:48)
Kirsty is the female VO in the iFruit ad. "Hyper, hyper wireless..."

wow.gif

Oh man! Kirsty! Um...u...sound...nice.

But back to the vid. 100% agree! You nailed all of it! I will be waiting with baited breath for next installment.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

That was very good, Loved some of the ideas and the style of the video reminded me of the Red Letter Media reviews (which is a compliment by the way).

I was also pleasantly surprised when money trees started playing since that song would fit the soundtrack perfectly. I'd image all four scenarios mentioned in the chorus will happen in GTA V's storyline, the money will change everything for better or worse.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

f*ck yea meta!!

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Well done !! This is perfect

Habs
  • Habs

Montreality

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

It was a good video of course but I was expecting more! Part 2 was good but not as much as part 1!

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Haha another great video... Music choice was spot on again (What was that track that's playing around the 17 min mark?)

If you ever do something like this again though, you might want to consider making them shorter and updating them more regularly. It would keep people coming back to your YT channel with more regularity and the videos might generate more views on the whole.

I mean i don't normally enjoy game related fan made videos, because they're usually badly presented and boring. If i came across a random one that was that long, i wouldn't normally consider watching it at all. But a shorter one i might.

And you know besides... then we wouldn't have to wait so long for the new one haha.

Anyway, good job again.

Proust
  • Proust

temps perdu

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

What I fear now, is that R* won't live up to the expectations... Good job Meta & his team.

P.S. What's the song in the outro? Please, help cry.gif

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Nice 1 Meta and all involved icon14.gif

Am looking forward to the last video in the series.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 10:28)
If you ever do something like this again though, you might want to consider making them shorter and updating them more regularly. It would keep people coming back to your YT channel with more regularity and the videos might generate more views on the whole.

I mean i don't normally enjoy game related fan made videos, because they're usually badly presented and boring. If i came across a random one that was that long, i wouldn't normally consider watching it at all. But a shorter one i might.

And you know besides... then we wouldn't have to wait so long for the new one haha.

Anyway, good job again.

Thanks for the suggestion. In all honesty, this thing was slated initially to be around a 15 minute presentation and we actually cut things from it to be used in part 3 as crazy as that sounds. But we've already discussed that after Part 3 doing something smaller, in more bite sized 10 minute blocks, more frequently would be way more appealing for our sanity and work schedules. Also part 3 is going to be a lot more leisurely in it's production since it's the final bit.

@Proust: The bangin' song playing in the Credits is A$AP Rocky - Long.Live.A$AP (Bear//Face Bootleg Edit)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users