» «
Photo

A little quesiton about handling.cfg

3 replies to this topic
DrumsSlayer
  • DrumsSlayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by DrumsSlayer, 27 April 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Hi guys wink.gif I'm new here and looking for the answer. Please tell me - is there any way to add the line in handling.cfg? I'll ask you, because I have little problems with add 3 other cars for Hotring Racers (hotring, hotrina, hotringb). About default.ide and carcols, there is not any problem, but about handling.cfg - really very big - these 3 cars have common value. I tried few ways, but unfortunately. Similar thing is with Sentinel and Sentinel XS.
Anybody knows the answer? It's very important for me, so please, if you can help me, just describe the solution wink.gif Thanks in advance... cookie.gif

Greetings,
DrumsSlayer

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

The handling.cfg file has hardcoded limitations, which means you can't just drop in new lines with notepad. The game will crash.

On the other hand Maxo's Vehicle Loader lets you add new handling lines IIRC, so I'd look into that if I were you.

DrumsSlayer
  • DrumsSlayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by DrumsSlayer, 28 April 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Maxo's Vehicle Loader works with version 1.0 of the game, I have version 1.1, so... still do nothing with that ?
I can add new lines in handling.cfg and additionally the game won't crash, but on the other side - only read original values...

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Well, if they simply aren't reading the values then all you have wrong is the default.ide line pointing to the handling line. You need to modify that, so instead of 'hotring' for the handling of hotringa you want 'hotringa' where 'hotringa' is a new line in ahndling.cfg. Kinda hard to explain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users