Photo

[SA] What is wrong with this ENEX

5 replies to this topic
Alex_2259
  • Alex_2259

Player Liker

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

So I created an ENEX leading to a copy of the SFPD in a separate IPL file (do not know what factors that will affect) I also put it as interior world 2

So I got the marker to appear but it will not let me go through it no matter what angle I attempt to go threw it at. yes I tried to lower/raise the marker but there was no luck there.

CODE
# TS3.ipl
inst
end
cull
end
path
end
grge
end
enex
241.903, 1403.11, 9.80313, 0, 0, 0, 8, -211.312, -1841.49, 136.449, 0, 2, 1, CARTER, 0, 2, 0, 24
end
pick
end
cars
end
jump
end
tcyc
end
auzo
end
mult
end

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:45 AM Edited by OrionSR, 27 April 2013 - 04:52 AM.

241.903, 1403.11, 9.80313, 0
-211.312, -1841.49, 136.449, 0

A two-way enex will have the exit (2nd set of coordinates) a little ways away from the entrance; far enough way that CJ isn't sucked back into the entrance, then what ever looks good. A one way entrance to an interior will have a very high elevation, so the destination is way off.

0, 0, 8

8 is fixed, but the 0, 0 is specifying the width and depth of the door. CJ can't fit through a 0, 0 door. 2, 2 is fairly standard.

2, 1
The exterior entrance for a two-way enex will use world 0 (not 2) because the exit will be to the outside world. The entrance of one side of the connection leads to the exit of the other side. The interior side of the connection will handle it's world appropriately.

Use flag 4 (1 is used for the interior side but doesn't seem to do anything) on an exterior enex to prompt a connection with an enex with the same name.

CARTER

Carter identifies Smoke's Crack Palace. Use "POLICE2" (quotes must be included) to connect to the interior enex already in place inside of the SFPD.

0, 2, 0, 24

No problems here.

It can be difficult to add a new IPL to an existing save. Testing is best done on a new game. Use cheats or trainers and required to test the new enex. Always check a standard enex into an interor on an existing save when testing your modifications. If the new enex isn't added after all other enexes (add your IPL at the end of the list) then the other enex connections will get scrambled, but you won't see this on the new save created for testing.

Enexes can be really tough, I feel I understand them very well, and I can usually explain complex issues reasonably well, but people often struggle with enexes. Frequently they go with the much easier option placing a dummy yellow arrow and using teleport codes to move CJ to the other location.

Are you sure you want to continue with enexes? If so you might ask a mod to move this topic to the III Maps sub-forum.

References:
Enex Documentation
GTAModding > IPL > Enex

Alex_2259
  • Alex_2259

Player Liker

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:02 AM Edited by Alex_2259, 27 April 2013 - 05:07 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 04:45)
241.903, 1403.11, 9.80313, 0
-211.312, -1841.49, 136.449, 0

A two-way enex will have the exit (2nd set of coordinates) a little ways away from the entrance; far enough way that CJ isn't sucked back into the entrance, then what ever looks good. A one way entrance to an interior will have a very high elevation, so the destination is way off.

0, 0, 8

8 is fixed, but the 0, 0 is specifying the width and depth of the door. CJ can't fit through a 0, 0 door. 2, 2 is fairly standard.

2, 1
The exterior entrance for a two-way enex will use world 0 (not 2) because the exit will be to the outside world. The entrance of one side of the connection leads to the exit of the other side. The interior side of the connection will handle it's world appropriately.

Use flag 4 (1 is used for the interior side but doesn't seem to do anything) on an exterior enex to prompt a connection with an enex with the same name.

CARTER

Carter identifies Smoke's Crack Palace. Use "POLICE2" (quotes must be included) to connect to the interior enex already in place inside of the SFPD.

0, 2, 0, 24

No problems here.

It can be difficult to add a new IPL to an existing save. Testing is best done on a new game. Use cheats or trainers and required to test the new enex. Always check a standard enex into an interor on an existing save when testing your modifications. If the new enex isn't added after all other enexes (add your IPL at the end of the list) then the other enex connections will get scrambled, but you won't see this on the new save created for testing.

Enexes can be really tough, I feel I understand them very well, and I can usually explain complex issues reasonably well, but people often struggle with enexes. Frequently they go with the much easier option placing a dummy yellow arrow and using teleport codes to move CJ to the other location.

Are you sure you want to continue with enexes? If so you might ask a mod to move this topic to the III Maps sub-forum.

References:
Enex Documentation
GTAModding > IPL > Enex

Wow thanks man. I have been struggling with this for a while now. I really do not know how to thank you but i'll just credit you in my map. I am not nearly done adding the ENEX markers for the map. If I need anymore help i'll just PM you.

My map is just a prison map if you want some early pre-release screenshots just ask me. It is quite impressive. (guess it is what happens when you got a lot of free time on your hands.

Also about those fake dummy codes and fake markers how would I do that with CLEO. People tend to like CLEO mods instead of modifying the gta.dta file. But also what are the pros/cons of both methods.

Also I just noticed this is your thread http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=331835 I have been using that as a refrence.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:39 AM Edited by OrionSR, 27 April 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Opcode 0A40: is used to place dummy markers. There should be examples in the tutorials, game scripts, and... quite a few enex question topics. Be sure to remove the dummy markers whenever they aren't needed. There's only room for 5 in memory, and 3 can be used by standard scripts (although I'm not sure that's a concern for your mod). Create when CJ is near, and remove it when he's far.

Before I forget, in a standard game only 23 new enexes can be added.

The main reasons I see for using dummy markers and teleport codes over enexes are: The coding is much easier to understand and test. It is much easier to share mods without IPL modifications; they might actually try a cleo mod, and you risk creating a world of hurt if they do the IPL thing wrong. It's much easier to add a cleo mod than a new enex to an existing save.

I guess the main advantage to the enexes would be the ability to have 400 doors without an incredibly long script to deal with them. This only seems practical on a full map mod.

Be sure to save indoors when trying to added new enexes to an existing save. Otherwise temporary burglary doors tend to block the new enex. Once it's in though it should save and reload just... Well, you are probably going to go with the cleo option anyway.

BTW, it is possible to use memory writes to alter current enex information. Getting a really good grasp of the IPL lines would really help with this process.

_DK
  • _DK

gta3 cleo

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:54 AM Edited by DK22Pac, 27 April 2013 - 09:57 AM.

If you use CLEO (CLEO4), you can create entrance marker with this function:
CODE
0AA7: callfunction 0x43FA00 numparams 18 pop 18 pName "NAME" cUnk1 0 ucTimeOff 22 ucTimeOn 6 ucSkyCol 1 usFlags 0 ucInteriorId 0 fExitAngle 0.0 fExitZYX 0.0 0.0 0.0 iUnk2 0 fRadiusYX 1.0 1.0 fEnterAngle 0.0 fEnterZYX 0.0 0.0 0.0 store_enex_index_to 0@

But this is untested. You see, there are too much parameters. You need to look to @gtamodding before you will use them.
If you will be interested in this, I could test it and give you a working example.

Alex_2259
  • Alex_2259

Player Liker

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 05:39)
Opcode 0A40: is used to place dummy markers. There should be examples in the tutorials, game scripts, and... quite a few enex question topics. Be sure to remove the dummy markers whenever they aren't needed. There's only room for 5 in memory, and 3 can be used by standard scripts (although I'm not sure that's a concern for your mod). Create when CJ is near, and remove it when he's far.

Before I forget, in a standard game only 23 new enexes can be added.

The main reasons I see for using dummy markers and teleport codes over enexes are: The coding is much easier to understand and test. It is much easier to share mods without IPL modifications; they might actually try a cleo mod, and you risk creating a world of hurt if they do the IPL thing wrong. It's much easier to add a cleo mod than a new enex to an existing save.

I guess the main advantage to the enexes would be the ability to have 400 doors without an incredibly long script to deal with them. This only seems practical on a full map mod.

Be sure to save indoors when trying to added new enexes to an existing save. Otherwise temporary burglary doors tend to block the new enex. Once it's in though it should save and reload just... Well, you are probably going to go with the cleo option anyway.

BTW, it is possible to use memory writes to alter current enex information. Getting a really good grasp of the IPL lines would really help with this process.

My mod is made up of 4 custom interiors sadly which requires me to add 8 ENEX markers so dummy-markers are not an option for me. Now that I know how to get it working it shouldn't take too long with the help of "IPL helper".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users