» «
Photo

The future of Grand Theft Auto

58 replies to this topic
darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by darkdayz, 26 April 2013 - 07:51 PM.

Well, Vice City is on my wish list for where geographically.

I'd like to know peoples opinions on the below, not the above:

Where in terms of concept and direction can the game franchise go after this game. If the three character integration works, accompanied with the bold new direction. Where can they possibly go next?

3 character again? Can you go back to 1 character?
1 character was fine, because that's what you're accustom to and used to when playing a game, but setting a new benchmark by creating 3 dynamic characters to play as a new GTA standard, will that mean they have to match that amount in future titles.

I for one cannot see a possible direction for the game after V. Unless it's a direct carry on, which it can't be in my opinion because of next gen and era, or is the era rule broken now as even next gen technically is still a High Def idium/era.

Where do you think they will take the franchise direction next? 3 characters again. more, or less?

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Not sure. I'd have either. One or three different protagonists is fine.

ASNAEB
  • ASNAEB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Perhaps we should first look at the upcoming title before we look to the one after that. There's a lot we don't know about GTA V, so let's get to know that game before we look at the next one. It's nice to know the starting point if you want to compare it with a future point.

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

A non-American location. I know that it's a though one.

Probably Vice City will come first, but one day...

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

How bout we focus on next week

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

I think it will be called VI.

Where is a difficult question. Vice city hasnt been done the longest.

London or non-US, i dont think so.

A new city just as exciting as the ones already been done, cant imagine that.

It actually only leaves one possibility, vice city. confused.gif

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

The next GTA must and will be in America, since it's an american culture parody.

Personally I think it could have 2 characters following this idea that would also change the traditional GTA order. One of the characters would be a corrupt cop (GTA classics character) while the other would be an internal affairs cop 'undercover' (a character that would be in the good side of the law, but kinda acting as a crminal), working with the dirty cop, in order to stop him.

The place, I don't know. I'd prefer if they made a completely new city instead of remaking an already sern one. About the era, the 1980s would be perfect.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Dan Houser said in an interview that someday they might make a GTA with all the cities they've created - Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas.

Mirkobien
  • Mirkobien

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

It could be in carcer city, or vice city, whic is the most obvious one.

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

I would love to see one based somewhere outside the U.S.

GTAgamersquirrel
  • GTAgamersquirrel

#TeamTrevor

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Its either Vice city, Las Venturas, or San Fierro pick your choice. icon14.gif

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Lol V isn't even released yet. But anyway 4 players London.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Vice City please. Or a fictional Russian city.

MurdocisGod1990
  • MurdocisGod1990

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

GTA: USA!!! they already said they want to do a game with all the cities in it. That would be so epic.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:14)
Dan Houser said in an interview that someday they might make a GTA with all the cities they've created - Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas.

Pretty depressing, now i am looking forward to VI instead of V. suicidal.gif

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Yes it's looking forward on things, but it's regarding the direction of V, so it's highly appropriate. Everyone is saying where it may be geographically, who cares about that yet? The worry is where the DIRECTION of the game will go, when in relation to V, because if they pull V off, is it possible to go further beyond the genius.

Carmelo2
  • Carmelo2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

In terms of location....

I'd defo like for them to go back to Vice City, I get the feeling they wont, but who knows.

Other than that, I think its got to the point where they have to come up with new cities....

I also wouldnt mind seeing a GTA set in the future or near future. I think R* are creative enough to pull it off and not come up with some generic sci-fi bullsh*t

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Carmelo2 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:31)
In terms of location....

I'd defo like for them to go back to Vice City, I get the feeling they wont, but who knows.

Other than that, I think its got to the point where they have to come up with new cities....

I also wouldnt mind seeing a GTA set in the future or near future. I think R* are creative enough to pull it off and not come up with some generic sci-fi bullsh*t

The best thing they can do I think is say, f* the eras.

Let's go back to the 80's, Vice City. People want that game. Well, I do anyway, I'm sure others do to, the more mature GTA gamer.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

By the time GTA6 comes out, cars will float on antigravity (Grand Theft HoverCar) and we will be playing our video games telepathically (NeuralStation 5). smile.gif

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I think its glaringly obvious they're going to continue the trend and do another US city or even state next time. I don't know where it will be, but the smart money's on Vice City. I think after V, it'll be the only city they haven't revisited and done it well like they did with IV and now V. Let's face it, Vice City was a great game for its time, but it was limited by its time on a technical basis.

I'd love to see an expanded version of Miami that captures the entire region. Perhaps even throw in a few small islands to resemble the Caribbean or even Cuba. Let us fly around a huge map. I really think it can be done really well.

As for the timeline, I think they'll probably continue the trend and give us modern day stuff again, but that's mainly because it's taking 5-6 years between games and a lot changes in that many years. It makes it possible for them to give us new stuff. Would I love to see an 80s Miami setting again? Sure.. but I doubt it'll happen.

I know that Rockstar have said they would like to do a game where all 3 cities are in the same game and have it be huge and everything, but I don't think the next one will be it. I think they'll focus on Vice City for the next game, do it really well, and then by the end of the 720/PS4 lifecycle, they'll have made enough progress and be able to handle something like they talked about.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

I said i didnt think they would do non-US cities,

But Dubai is one of the hottest cities on the planet right now (imo tounge.gif )

I could see them doing that. Lots of money there.

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

What's in Dubai besides the city itself full of skyscrapers? Everything around the city is open desert. How fun.. suicidal.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

We already have plenty of sun in Los Santos, with mountains and deserts to that. Vice City would be practically the same thing, except it'd be without those goddamn mountains and deserts. And that's a little step back. However, they could add some completely different city to that, like Las Venturas or something completely different, to make it more varied. As for the times, I would personally go with 1970s. One of the characters would be a cliche hippie, the other one a corrupted cop and another one could be a woman.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:48)
What's in Dubai besides the city itself full of skyscrapers? Everything around the city is open desert. How fun.. suicidal.gif

What are your ideas?

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Rocket Lancha. BO

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:50)
We already have plenty of sun in Los Santos, with mountains and deserts to that. Vice City would be practically the same thing, except it'd be without those goddamn mountains and deserts. And that's a little step back. However, they could add some completely different city to that, like Las Venturas or something completely different, to make it more varied. As for the times, I would personally go with 1970s. One of the characters would be a cliche hippie, the other one a corrupted cop and another one could be a woman.

You're forgetting the marshlands and the multiple islands (Keys). R* could put a heavier emphasis on the drug trade and the use of boats. Just an idea.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

blush.gif Let us play GTA 5 1st!

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by Jamie Smith, 26 April 2013 - 09:07 PM.

Vice City looks to be the 6th one (VI)
But i'd love it if Rockstar would do a Grand Theft Auto in Chicago or Seattle!.

Niall
  • Niall

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Call me a dreamer, but my hopes are that with the next gen consoles they will finally do a GTA world. Leslie Benzies was quoted somewhere saying this was a vision of theirs. I would love to see a brand new Vice City and maybe San Fiero and Las Venturas along with Liberty City and Los Santos all in one game.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Question: if they will finally do a GTA world someday, what will come after to beat this? Whole USA?

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

better to have all gta maps in 1 game or a new place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users